Ring 29

WRONG NUMBER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara

 

I'm home!" I hollered as soon as I stepped inside the door. I smiled hearing small steps coming toward me. I took off my shoes and moved inside smiling to see my little Dragon running toward me.


 

"Mama!!! I crouch on his level with my arms wide open and he quickly throws himself in my arms.


 

"Welcome home, Mama." He said and peppered my face with kisses. He is only three years old but he already talks fluently.


 

"Thank you, Baby. I miss you." I scooped him up and smacked a kiss on his cheek. 

 

"I miss you too, Mama."


 

"Hello, Ma'am Dara." Felix greeted. 


 

"Hello, Felix. You can go and do your homework if you have one. I'll take care of this little Dragon." 


 

"Okay, Ma'am Dara." 


 

"How's your day, my little angel?" I asked as I climbed up the stairs to our room.


 

"My teacher taught me how to write my name, and then she taught me how to draw, and I swim in the pool when I come back home together with bro Felix."


 

"Bro Felix?" I raised my eyebrow at him chuckling.


 

"Yes, Bro Felix. He is my older brother that's why I call him Bro Felix. He picked me up from my school together with Uncle Allan today because Nana Ana is busy after his class. He carries me on his back to the car. And he told me to call him bro Felix." I chuckled and kiss his cheek.


 

I set him down on the edge of the bed, but he jumped off of it and rushed to his bag that was on the couch and took something from it. 

 

"Mama look. I draw this."  He looked at me grinning holding a piece of paper. I wanted to laugh but held myself seeing him draw six stick people holding hands with each other.


 

"Wow!! Who are they?"


 

"This is Grandpa, Grandma, Uncle Bae, You, me, and Daddy." My smile vanished instantly. Mom made up a lie about Ryong's father. She told him that his Dad is abroad working and will come back soon. I'm so mad when I found out about this, but Mom said we will explain everything when he gets older. They even have a person who pretends to be Ryong's Dad who calls him when he wants to talk to his father. 


 

I'm so against this lie. If was only me, I will tell the truth to my son but Mom said he is so young at the moment and just wait until he is a bit older to understand before I tell him the truth.


 

"Papa said he is coming soon. I'm so excited to see Papa. He said he will buy me a transformer robot. I told him to buy me a bumblebee and he said yes." He grinned and my heart sank deeper inside my chest why did Mino make all these promises when he couldn't make them. 


 

"Mama is not happy that Papa is coming home soon?"


 

"Of course, I'm happy,  baby." 


 

"Me too, me too." He chanted jumping. "I missed Papa so much." He sighed and lowered his head sadly, and it broke my heart. What's going to happen once he finds out that no Papa is coming for him. I pulled him in my embrace and planted a kiss on his forehead.


 

"I love you so much,  baby Ryong."


 

"I love you too, Mama." He grinned and planted a kiss on my cheek.


 

"You want to watch something while I take a bath?"


 

"I want to watch Tom and Jerry, Mama." 


 

"Okay, you just sit on the bed and watch. Don't climb up to anything. You might fall. Okay?"


 

"Okay, Mama." I kiss his forehead and play his favorite cartoon movie. He lay on his stomach on the bed as the movie started. I smiled and took my change of clothes from my closet and went inside the bathroom and took a quick bath.  I smiled hearing his giggle, shaking my head. He has already watched the movie many times but he doesn't get tired of it.


 

I went out of the bathroom after I'm done and found him sitting on the bed, eyes focused on the TV screen. I picked up his bag and checked his notes inside.


 

"Baby, did you write this?"  He jumped off the bed and ran to me then took the paper from my hand.


 

"Yes, Mama. My teacher taught me how to write my name and she gives me a star. Here." He grinned and pointed to the star on the right top corner of his paper.



 

"Good job, baby." 

 

"Tomorrow teacher Isa said we practice how to write numbers from one to ten."


 

"You already know how to write numbers right?"


 

"Yes, Mama, and I'm excited because I'm going to get a star again tomorrow.  Mama, can you keep my paper with a star? I want to show it to Papa when he comes home.


 

"Okay!" I replied as cheerfully as I could and kissed his cheek. This lie that my mother made up will bite our soon, and I hope it won't have a bad result, but all lies always have a bad ending. I hope Ryong will not hurt in the end.


 

"Let's go downstairs. Let's just continue watching Tom & Jerry after dinner."


 

"Okay, Mama."


 

"Where's my favorite, Nephew? Where's our little Ryong?" I heard my brother say as we descended the stairs. 


 

"Uncle Bae!! Ryong squealed, and I put him down when we reached the ground floor. He quickly ran to my brother jumping in his arms, giggling. 

 

"Grandpa,  Grandma." He called out when Mom and Dad stepped inside the front door. I smiled when he was peppered with kisses. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter