Ring 033

WRONG NUMBER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara

"Room 506, Jeju Island. The man inside that room is me." His words echoed inside my head. My mind went blank for a second. I don't know how to react to that, and his close distance doesn't help at all; instead, it causes my heart to pound wildly inside my chest.

 

He is the man at Jeju, The father of my son. The man I was in love with for a long time. But why didn't he tell as soon as he saw me? Why is he telling me now? I'm sure he wasn't lying too. No one knows what happened to me at Jeju, only the man with me that night. 

"Dara, say something."


"Why didn't you tell me as soon as you saw me?"


"I wanted to, but you already have a relationship with Youngbae. He is like a brother to me, and I don't want to ruin that. He was so into you, and he always talked about how amazing you are. At first, I didn't know who Dara he was talking about until when I saw you for the first time. 

Seunghyun and I were at the YB mall that time when I saw you. I ran after you, chased you to the parking lot, but you had already left when I reached there.  The guard offered us to show the CCTV because I wanted to confirm it really, and when I confirmed that it was you, I found out that you are the woman that Youngbae was talking about, Seunghyun told me. 

"I've been searching for you since I left Jeju."


"What?" I gasped.


"Yes,  I've been searching for you." He whispered and held my hand on my lap and looked straight into my eyes. "I fell in love with you the first time I saw you, Dara."  He whispered and brought my hand to his lips. My heart pounded so hard in my chest, and I think I forgot to breathe, but he continued.


"When I found out that you are Dara, the woman that Youngbae always talking I felt like I'm going die. That night I drowned myself with alcohol. I cried a lot. I'm not embarrassed to tell you that, but I feel like dying. I had never felt that pain before because I had never fallen in love with someone else before.


I tried so hard to stop my feelings for you, but during that dinner in our house, I got drunk, and I couldn't hold myself, and I kissed you. I was drunk at that time, but I knew what I was doing. 

And then you said that you were pregnant. It feels like my whole world crumbles under my feet. In my mind, you are carrying Youngbae's child.


And when I went to New York, I tried to forget you, and then you and Youngbae got into an accident, and the first thing I heard when I went home was, you are going to marry him. I tried to hide what I felt during the dinner, but deep inside, I wanted to scream to let out the pain."


I wiped the tears that rolled down my face, and I also wiped his cheek. He took a deep breath and then continued. I left the hospital crying and flew back to New York and promised myself never to Come back home until I forgot you.


During your wedding, I didn't come back home not because I was busy but because I was afraid I'd do something I'll regret later.  


A sob escaped his lips, and he buried his face in my lap. His shoulder shook, and I cried quietly with him.  I kept the pain I had been feeling for more th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter