Pieces coming together?

Zombieland SJ

What is it with Super Junior and Finale getting together for anything? Variety shows, TV dramas, movies, maganizes... Just about anything!

"Hey, Siwon hyung?" (Kibum)

"What's up, Kibum?" (Siwon)

"Do you know where Heechul hyung is?" (Kibum)

"He's out for a photo shoot. I think the brand is... Saphir, I believe... Why?" (Siwon)

"Heebum won't get out of my bookcase. You know, the empty part I decided to use for my acting notes?" (Kibum)

"Oh yeah... He and Ryuah noona won't be back until lunchtime though. Maybe you can ask Han Geng hyung." (Siwon)

"Thanks. By the way, what are you doing?" (Kibum)

"Counting all the times we ended up co-starring with Finale." (Siwon)

"Oh..." (Kibum)

 

Speaking of which, Finale has also been counting all the times they and Super Junior got together. And their response...

"We lost to them by 10 points. 10!" (Rico)

"It's not that bad. I mean, it could've been worse." (Seonju)

"You said that last time." (Xin Jing)

"And the time before that." (Ireun)

"Don't you think we're taking this rival thing a bit too far? Actually, cut that. WAY too far." (Seonju)

"Isn't that just you?" (Lueun)

"Actually..." Ando points to Woorin, who hasn't been listening to the entire conversation and is watching an old drama on his phone.

"Woorin!" (Seonju)

"Huh? Oh, sorry." (Woorin)

"You're watching that drama again? That's like SO old." (Ireun)

"2001's not that long ago. Just... 22 years? But it's a classic, so I don't care. Also, it's my inspiration for my acting career." (Woorin)

Before becoming an idol, Woorin started out as a child actor when he was 9. But before then, he didn't think of much when it came to the film industry. That was until he saw a drama called 'The Blade'. At first he just watched it because of mother and sister urged him to, but after seeing the lead actor's performance, he was captivated and decided to become an actor himself.

"Oh, that reminds me. Woorin, you got a drama offer." (Seonju)

"What kind of drama?" (Woorin)

"I think you're going to like this."

Seonju hands an envelope and Woorin carefully opens it. And everyone, except Seonju, didn't expect someone like Woorin to scream in excitement.

"IS THIS FOR REAL?! AM I DREAMING?!" (Woorin)

"If you still can't believe this, why don't you ask the CEO?" (Seonju)

That was enough to make him believe it. 'The Blade' is getting a remake.

"BEST! DAY! EVER!" (Woorin)

"Wow... I never seen him out of character before..." (Rico)

"Me too... (Lueun, Ando, Ireun, Xin Jing)

 

Coincidentally, Siwon also got a drama offer. But he's not that excited. Why? Well, because...

"'The Blade' is getting a remake..." (Siwon)

"Siwon, trust me. I tried to refuse but the producers kept begging..." (Ryuah)

"Until it became so irritating?" (Siwon)

"Bingo." (Ryuah)

"Great... One of my greatest masterpieces is getting a remake and out of every actor in the industry, they had to pick me." (Siwon)

Yes, that's right. Siwon was the actor who played the lead character in 'The Blade'.

(Side note : Siwon's father never recognized Siwon in 'The Blade' despite its popularity and even watching it himself in its initial runtime.)

Back to this situation, Siwon got worried for 2 reasons. First, he might get recognized as himself in his past life on set. Second, he saw the cast list...

Main Cast

Baek Seol-ram : Siwon (Super Junior)

 - Owner and CEO of Lunar Flourist. Former stuntman. Known as the Moonlight Blade.

Lim Gayoung : Kang Mio

 - Actress and stuntwoman. Seol-ram's old high school colleauge. Wants to get Seol-ram back in the industry.

Shin Seohan : Kim Inhwa

 - Active actor and director of Gayoung's company. Was captivated the Moonlight Blade and wants to find him.

The main cast is fine. What he's worried about is the recurring cast.

Recurring Cast

Baek Hwan-sung : Park Woorin (Finale)

 - Seol-ram's younger brother. Active actor and stuntman. Doesn't know his own brother is the Moonlight Blade.

Lee Ran : Kim Yoorin

 - Gayoung's best friend and advisor. Works as a doctor. Also secretly a popular webtoon author, which only Gayoung knows about.

Park Pil-nam : Kenny Lee

 - Seohan's secretary. Secretly a big fan of Ran's webtoons.

Kim Sang-on : Kim Eun-sung

 - Gossip Columnist. Wants to expose the Moonlight Blade's identity.

It's exactly what he's worried about. Finale's Woorin is playing the younger brother of main character. And it's known that despite not being that prominent until later, the younger brother character has a lot of screen time with the main character. Meaning that Siwon and Woorin are going to share a lot of the same scenes together.

 

And then it came. The first day of filming. And just as Siwon dreaded, the first scene he's filming is with Woorin.

"The role of Baek Hwan-sung, Park Woorin!" The director annouced.

Everyone clapped. Siwon pretended to clap since he knows that this is going to be awkward.

"Thank you for having me in this drama. I'll do my best!" (Woorin)

"Good. I love your enthusiasm. You know Siwon-sshi, right?" (Director)

"Of course. Nice to be working with you." (Woorin)

"Likewise..." (Siwon)

"I still can't believe it. It's a dream come true to me." (Woorin)

"Why's that?" (Siwon)

"'The Blade' is the drama that inspired me to do acting." (Woorin)

"(Wait... He was born in 2003. And 'The Blade' came out in 2001. So he must have seen it during reruns.) Really? I did hear from Yesung hyung that you do some acting, but I thought you were mainly an idol." (Siwon)

"I did start out as a child actor in our company. But our CEO wanted me to try and be an idol. At first I couldn't understand due to my passion being solely on acting. But as I did more and more promotions, I started to enjoy it. Of course, I'm still putting acting as my main priority." (Woorin)

"Wow... That's some dedication. Congratulations on being casted." (Siwon)

"That goes to you too. You got the main role! ANYONE would want that." (Woorin)

"...Really? (Not really since I was the main guy in the original from 22 years ago!)" Although Siwon isn't showing it, he is currently freaking out.

 

The filming went on and both Siwon and Woorin were naturals at this. They barely needed to do any retakes, with 4 being the most during this shoot.

"You can appear in this movie as an actor but not as a stuntman. Please, don't do this. I saying this for your own good." (Siwon as Seol-ram)

"Hyung, this is my dream! Just give me a chance." (Woorin as Hwan-sung)

"... Fine. But if I see even a slight injury anywhere on your body, you're banned from doing any stunts!" (Siwon as Seol-ram)

"CUT! Good work, you two." (Director)

"Thank you, director-nim." (Siwon, Woorin)

"And may I say, you two are naturals at this. The original came out before you two were even born and yet you capture the essence of the characters so well." (Director)

"(Yikes...)" Siwon was starting to internally panic again.

"Thank you. I watched the original on reruns with my mother and sister. The original actor who played Seol-ram was so good. He's my idol." (Woorin)

"(What...)" (Siwon)

"Yes, I remember Choi Siwon. This drama made him so famous that he became the No.1 breakout star of 2001. Everyone was devastated when he died in that car accident. The culprit of the hit and run only got his license revoked." (Director)

"Yes, I saw that on the internet. I never got to see my idol." (Woorin)

"(Actually, he's right next to you...)" (Siwon)

"Speaking of Choi Siwon, not only your name, but your acting." (Director)

"That's right! You were like a split image of him." (Woorin)

"Isn't that just face wise? I mean, a lot of celebrities, alive or dead, look like each other a lot." (Siwon)

"Still, the resemblance is uncanny." (Director)

"I think that made it easier for me to do this. It was like I was acting with Choi Siwon." (Woorin)

"(Again, he's right next to you!)" Siwon was getting more uncomfortable by the second.

"Well, thanks to you two, I think this remake will be a great hit." (Director)

"Thank you for casting us." (Siwon, Woorin)

 

The first episode of 'The Blade 2023' blew up and old and new fans already getting ready for next week. And social media is no exception.

It's like watching the original in a new generation. I LOVE IT - @elf4life

Woorin oppa and Siwon oppa's chemistry is so good! Why can't SJ and Finale get along? - @final_SJ

#TheBlade2023 Let's cheer for the cast! - @elly_lusions

The Baek Brothers! - @icarus_flight

"Wow... What a response." (Ando)

"And it all started with Woorin hyung fanboying over the original." (Ireun)

"Still, I can't deal with this comment. What can't SJ and Finale get along? WE DON'T GET ALONG FOR A REASON!!!" (Rico)

"Alright, alright. No need to scream..." (Seonju)

"He's right. My head is ringing" (Xin Jing)

"Ditto that..." (Lueun)

While everyone was either goofing around or congratulating Woorin's success, Woorin was staring at his phone this whole time.

"Woorin? Is something wrong?" (Seonju)

"It's... About Siwon." (Woorin)

"What about him?" Woorin showed Seonju his phone.

Is it just me or does SJ's Siwon look exactly like Choi Siwon from the original drama? - @mint_T_panda

(replying to @mint_T_panda) I thought that too! Did Choi Siwon have a brother?" - @Pink_PEN_angel

(replying to @Pink_PEN_angel) HE DOESN'T! And even their names are the name... - @LLL_13

Choi Siwon came back to life!!! is what I want to say right now... - @IMME_studios

Doppelganger? Clone? What's going on?!?!?!???!!!!!! - @Circus_Student017

"Choi Siwon?" (Seonju)

"The actor who I idolize. He died in a car crash in 2002. At first I didn't think of it but now when I rewatch the original..." (Woorin)

Most people would think those conspiracy theories are WAY too crazy to be true. But there are some who takes these theories very seriously and would go to great lengths to get the answers to these theories. Even if they're completely false. Woorin usually keeps his mind clean when it comes to acting and his co-stars. But after noticing the similarities of his current co-star and his idol, he may connect the dots to the truth about Super Junior.


Note that 'The Blade' is a fictional drama for this story.