Father and Son

Zombieland SJ

Siwon never really liked his father that much. He hated him as much as he loved his sister. He can understand why she didn't come to the concert due to work but not with his father. His father was never there throughout his life so he had to take care of his sister since their mother passed away due to an illness. Though there were maids and butlers, he'd rather be in a normal family than a wealthy one.

"What are you thinking about, hyung?" (Kibum)

"I was just thinking about my family. My father was never there for me." (Siwon)

"Because he was busy?" (Kibum)

"Something like that." (Siwon) Kibum knew there was more to it than that.

"Well, we better get ready. Everyone else is waiting downstairs." (Kibum)

"Coming!" (Siwon)

 

Super Junior were filming a commercial for a cosmetics company endorsed by Choi Enterprises. That's the company name that Siwon didn't want to hear. Why? It was his family's company and he's still it's president.

"Hello. Nice to meet you." (Mr. Choi)

"Nice to meet you, Mr Choi." (Jungsoo)

Mr. Choi notices one of the members is familiar to him.

"Why is it?" (Mr. Choi)

"Is there a problem?" (Heechul)

"Oh... No. Nothing to it." (Mr. Choi) Heechul knows that he's been looking at Siwon and Siwon was looking a little mad.

"Is everything okay?" (Heechul)

Siwon knew he couldn't lie to Heechul. "No, hyung. That man... was my father."

"You're WHAT?!" Everyone shouted.

"Trust me, he haven't seen him for my whole life. He wasn't there whenever I needed him." (Siwon)

"Then how do you know he's your father?" (Kibum)

"Choi Enterprises. It's my family company. I didn't want to be a businessman so I sign up to be an actor." (Siwon).

"That's why he never noticed." (Hyukjae)

"Yeah. He thought that the actual me and actor me were two different people." (Siwon)

 

On Mr. Choi's side, however, couldn't shake the feeling of the member he found so familiar. He looked at his picture of his family. There was his late wife and son and his daughter who is still alive. He cared so much for Siwon but couldn't be there for him due to his work. So he asked the maids and butlers to be with Siwon and his sister whenever he's absent, which was almost everyday. When he found out that Siwon had died in a car accident, he was the one who mourned him the most.

"Oh, Siwon. Why?" (Mr. Choi)

One of the butlers came up to him. "Mr. Choi. I found this in the mail."

"Thank you. You may now go." (Mr. Choi)

"Yes, sir."

It was a letter and two tickets to a Super Junior concert. He read the date and found out it passed. The day of the concert was December 27th and today was March 11th. Then, he read the letter.

Dear, Mr. Choi or Father.

If the latter surprises you, I won't be. It is me, your son. I highly doubt that you're going to come to this concert. It's for everyone who we lost when we died. I don't expect you to show up due to your work as you are still the president of Choi Enterprises. But if you reconsider, I hope you come to this. If you still doubt that this is me, I have one thing to say to you. I hate you.

-Siwon of Super Junior / Choi Siwon- 

He couldn't believe it. How could he have miss this. This was a chance to see his son again and he lost it. He felt sorry and wanted to make amends with Siwon. He looked up Siwon's name on the internet and found some articles from his past life and his current zombie life. One of the articles said "Actor Choi Siwon, died in a car accident. Who is responsible?" In the picture. the car that hit Siwon's car hit the back seat where Siwon was sitting. As Mr. Choi read it, he wanted to sue the person who kill his son.

 

The next day, Super Junior were getting ready for another commercial shoot. As they were filming, Mr. Choi showed up.

"Is there something wrong?" (Jungsoo)

"No, not at all. I just wanted a talk with Siwon." (Mr. Choi)

"Okay... If that what you want..." (Jungsoo) This didn't sound good.

Siwon followed Mr. Choi to see what he wanted.

"So, what do you want?" (Siwon)

"I wanted to see my son again." (Mr. Choi)

"Excuse me?" Siwon thought he didn't hear that right.

"It's true. I wanted to see you again." (Mr. Choi)

"Then why didn't you come to the concert. Oh right. Because you were too focused on your work! Heck, you weren't even there when I needed you and now you show up?!" (Siwon)

"Siwon, I know you're mad but I have my reasons too. Ever since your mother died, I became so fixated with my work to prevent me from grieving. And after you died, that's when I really started to grieve. I lost two people that I love because I wasn't there for them." (Mr. Choi)

Siwon thought he was going to cry. He never thought his father went through so much pain without him knowing. "If you were, why didn't you tell me?" 

"Because you were too young at the time. I didn't want you to be sadder than you were then." (Mr. Choi)

After explaining everything, Siwon started to understand his father a bit more. He was the one who directed his funeral and mourned him the most. Then he explained to his father how he was resurrected by Ryuah and became an idol.

"Well, I'm so thankful to her. My son is alive again." (Mr. Choi)

"Not actually. I'm still a zombie." (Siwon)

"Still, you're my son and I will always love you." (Mr. Choi)

"Thanks, Appa." (Siwon)

After they made amends, Super Junior continued the filming. The commercials were a big success. Since then, Siwon's father started to take some time for himself and Siwon and started to hang out. After realizing what his father was doing for him, Siwon knows that his father loves him no matter what the situation.