The Violin Battle

Zombieland SJ

Super Junior were minding their own business. Jungsoo, Youngwoon and Donghee are thinking about costume suggestions for their next concert, Heechul, Han Geng and Kibum are playing with Heebum, Jongwoon, Zhou Mi, Ryeowook, and Kyuhyun are practicing their singing, Sungmin and Siwon are at a managzine photoshoot, Hyukjae and Donghae are writing a new song and Henry is playing his violin. Everything was peaceful. Well, that was until...

"EMERGENCY MEETING!!!!!" (Jinho)

"What's going on?" (Jungsoo)

"Symphony Entertainment. They challenged Henry to a violin duel." (Jinho)

"WHAT?!"

"But why?" (Henry)

"Probably because of that "fight" the other day. I mean, that could happen at times. But that guy was being way too immature and close-minded!" (Heechul)

"Those jerk! They're gonna regret this!" (Zhou Mi)

"Mimi-ge..." (Henry)

"Sorry, Henry. I'm just worried for you." (Zhou Mi)

"I know." (Henry)

"But seriously, don't they even know that they're already getting backlash by commenting hate on all of Henry's videos?" (Hyukjae)

"They probably don't think that and are just stuck up on their own opinions." (Ryeowook)

"If I could, I would like to give those guys a lesson." Youngwoon said that with a scary tone.

"Yeah... Let's not do that in the meantime." (Jungsoo)

"So... What are you going to do, Henry? I mean, it's your call." (Jinho)

"It's my fault that we're in this mess. So I'm going to fix it." (Henry)

"Wait. You're not saying that..." Zhou Mi knew where this was going.

"Jinho hyung. Send a reply. I'm taking the challenge." (Henry)

"Henry..." (Zhou Mi)

"Don't worry so much. I know what I'm doing. And if I do lose, I'm still going to do what I wanna do. No matter how much hate I get." (Henry)

 

They accepted the challenge and decided that the battle will be held on the last day of his month. Henry practiced for days straight, trying to think of a performance that even the most stubborn of people will like.

"Henry, you should get some sleep. You haven't in days." (Zhou Mi)

"Okay Mimi-ge." (Henry)

Zhou Mi can see the guilt on Henry's face.

"You know, that was brave of you to accept their challenge." (Zhou Mi)

"Remember what I said about me still going to do what I wanna do even if I lose? Well, after that, I also thought that if I lose, people who supports me might get disappointed." (Henry)

"Henry, they won't be. And remember last week? Everyone was supportive of you and not him. You have your chance. And you have us." (Zhou Mi)

After hearing that, Henry started to feel a lot better.

"Thanks for the pep talk. I really needed that." (Henry)

"Hey. If anything happens, we'll always be by our side." (Zhou Mi)

"Thanks." (Henry)

 

It's finally the end of July. The challenge was taking place at the city harbor stage. All the locals and tourists came to see what was going on.

"It's finally time." (Henry)

"You can do this, Henry." (Donghae)

"We believe in you." (Kyuhyun)

"Don't listen to those haters." (Youngwoon)

"Play your own game." (Siwon)

"Thanks."

Henry went out to the stage and was greeted by his opponent/the person he didn't want to see again, Lim Eumjung.

"Shall we begin?" (Eumjung)

"Gladly." (Henry)

"You remember the rules?" Eumjung said that in an almost frightening way.

"Why wouldn't I?" Despite the scary tone in Eumjung's voice, Henry wasn't that shaken.

"The one the crowd is cheering for more is the winner." (Eumjung)

Eumjung started first with his rendition of Le Secret and Meditation from Thais. While he was expecting a big applause when he finished, he audience stayed silent.

"What?" (Eumjung)

Then came Henry's turn. When everyone was expecting Henry to play some sort of violin classic, they didn't expect it when he started to play Charlie Puth's We Don't Talk Anymore.

"Woah! Is he playing We Don't Talk Anymore?" 

"Sounds like it."

"It sounds so beautiful with a violin."

Then he started to play Billie Eilish's Bad Guy.

"It's Bad Guy!"

"Really?!"

"I love that song!"

The last song he was about to play was LiSA's Gurenge. But what Henry didn't expect is Zhou Mi coming up to the stage.

"Mimi-ge..."

"I thought you needed some extra help." (Zhou Mi)

Turns out Zhou Mi listened to what songs Henry was practicing for the past few weeks and learned the original Japanese lyrics to Gurenge.

"Let's do this." (Zhou Mi)

Henry nodded and started to play and Zhou Mi started to sing.

"Wait. Is this..."

"It's Gurenge!"

"From Demon Slayer?"

"IT IS!"

"That's my favorite song!"

"Mine too!"

"Zhou Mi's voice really sounds great with Henry's violin."

"I agree. It's like they're meant to be."

There were a mixture of both Korean and foreign languages in the audience. Everyone was impressed by Zhou Mi and Henry's deut. As they finished, there was a huge round of applause for the two.

"Looks like Henry won." (Jongwoon)

"Actually, it's not just Henry's victory." (Han Geng)

"It's both Henry's and Zhou Mi's." (Heechul) 

The others went up to the stage to congratulate Zhou Mi and Henry. Everyone loved the show and were cheering. Everyone except...

"This is unacceptable!" (Eumjung)

"We agreed to the rules. The one the crowd cheers for the most in the winner." (Henry)

"And you and your company have been in shady schemes, haven't you?" (Zhou Mi)

"What?" (Henry)

"What are they talking about?"

"Shady Schemes?"

"What's his company name anyways?"

Once they started to heard the gossip, that's when they hit the jackpot.

"Looks like Symphony Entertainment isn't the big hotshot that they claim to be." (Heechul)

"And kinda... No, very ironic to their name. Symphony? Seriously?" (Jongwoon)

"If you ask us, you're not one to be described as sympathetic." (Ryeowook)

"Or your company for that matter." (Kyuhyun)

"Uh... What's going on?" (Henry)

They explained that while Henry was practicing, everyone else was devising a plan to support him just in case anything happens. Youngwoon and Jinho asked Joomin for help and he agreed. Ryuah, Jungsoo and Donghee dug for information about Symphony Entertainment and they found out all their dirty secrets. So they decided to expose Eumjung and Symphony Entertainment once there was a large crowd to hear this discovery.

"So that's why." (Henry)

"Not only were you harassing young musicians by taunting and teasing them with their song and instrument choices, you even led to some of them committing suicide!" (Zhou Mi)

"That's not..." (Eumjung)

"And you were the one who's been commenting those hate comments on Henry's videos, weren't you?" (Zhou Mi)

"What?"

"The hate comments were from him?"

"And his company to that extent."

There was more gossip from the audience.

"You..." (Eumjung)

"That's enough! You're under arrest for repeated hate crimes and harassment. We've already arrested your CEO so be perpared for the consequences." (Joomin)

And for once, Eumjung stayed quiet. But he's showing the face of not accepting the punishment for his crimes.

"Thanks, Joomin." (Youngwoon)

"No problem." (Joomin)

"It's finally over." (Zhou Mi)

"You guys..." (Henry)

"Like we told you. We always have your back." (Zhou Mi)

"Thanks." (Henry)

Just what's going on with the entertainment business these days? More celebrities are being arrested and companies are being shut down after their true natures and crimes have been revealed. And some of them have the most ridiculous reasons for doing so. Right now, the biggest questions are; "Why were they committing those crimes in the first place?" and "Why didn't they not predict the outcomes and consequences of their crimes?".