Friendship and Love

Zombieland SJ

Hyukjae didn't invite the Jewel members to the concert because they already considered Super Junior as one of their rivals. But he didn't consider them to be friends anyways. He always needed Donghae as a friend. Now that their families know who they are, they can be with each other more often.

"How long has it been?" (Hyukjae)

"25 years." (Donghae)

"We've been apart for so long and last year, we finally got back together." (Hyukjae)

"Yeah. Let's make the most of it." (Donghae)

The two carried a secret that their families knew of but not their friends. They were in love with each other since middle school. They were just friends but started to have feelings for one another. They told the others and they were accepting too.

 

One day, they met with Hyukjae's parents for lunch at a cafe and decided to have a little show for them and the other customers. Hyukjae's mother was proud of them.

"That's my son and his 'friend'." She had to say friend because she knows she can't reveal their relationship.

After the show, they went back to their table and packed up their stuff.

"That was great, son." 

"Thanks, mom." (Hyukjae)

On the way back to the mansion, they asked Hyukjae and Donghae a few questions.

"How do you look like normal people?" (Mrs. Lee)

"We put on makeup to make us look like people around us." (Donghae)

"How long have you been resurrected?" (Mr. Lee)

"About a year. It took Ryuah noona a while to do that." (Hyukjae)

"Well, we're thankful of her because we get to see our son and our son-in-law again." (Mrs. Lee)

"But what about Jewel?" (Mr. Lee)

"I don't consider them as friends so why would I even bother to invite them?" (Hyukjae)

"That's a good point." (Mr. Lee)

They knew that when Hyukjae and Donghae were alive, they didn't get along with Jewel that much. They had to pretend that their in a good relationship but in reality, they just argued about everything. On time, Donghae got involved and Hyukjae didn't like it. That's the primary reason why they died as they got involved in a building shooting, only the other members of Jewel survived but Hyukjae and Donghae didn't. And that's why their families hate Jewel so much.

 

Meanwhile, on Jewel's side...

"So, what kind of song should we work on?" (Homin)

"Why are you saying that, hyung?" (Danwoo)

"We've been performing the same songs forever. I think it's time for a new song." (Homin)

"But Homin, our last single was only 2 years ago." (Junhyung)

"And was it Number 1 on the singles charts?" (Homin) He had a point.

"Okay, you're right." (Junhyung)

"And I know who we're going to get it from." Homin shows a picture of Super Junior and points at Donghae.

"Why him?" (Injoo)

"Because I have a few theories of why this is." (Homin) This didn't sound good.

 

The following week, Super Junior were getting ready for their new live show in town square. Everyone around was looking at them preparing and having fun with each other. That got the attention of Jewel. They got close to Super Junior, specifically Donghae. Hyukjae didn't like this.

"Donghae-sshi. We want you to write a song for us." (Homin)

"WHAT?!"

"And why would you want that? I'm already busy with Super Junior's songs." (Donghae)

"We know all your works and we think you are brilliant. We want you to help us." (Homin)

"Why don't you ask a professional? I'm just an amatuer." (Donghae)

"We just..." "Hold it!" Homin was just interrupted.

"He's not going anywhere!" (Hyukjae)

"And why not?" (Danwoo)

"Yeah. You can't just have him for yourself." (Injoo)

"He's our member and my best friend. I'm not letting you take him to write a song for you." (Hyukjae)

"Why you..." (Junhyung)

"It's okay, Junhyung. We lost. Let's just go." (Homin)

While Jewel were walking away, they were more creeped out than before.

"He said he was his best friend." (Injoo)

"Then, the theory is correct." (Homin)

 

The following day, Super Junior were greeted with news that they didn't seem to like very much. The article said, 'Dead members in Super Junior?'. This is not good. The article is true with them being zombies but partially false because they're only alluding to Hyukjae and Donghae.

"Now what?! We're going to get exposed!" Hyukjae runs out the door.

"Hyukkie, wait!" (Donghae)

"Donghae, he needs time for himself. Just let him be for now." (Heechul)

"No! I need to do something. If he runs away, it will take days for him to return." (Donghae) That didn't sound promising. The show is coming up in a few days and if Hyukjae's gone, they can't perform.

"Now what?" (Jungsoo)

They think of things for a while until Donghae comes up with an idea. "I know just what to do."

 

Hyukjae went in hiding for three days. He knows it's the day of their show but he couldn't show his face in public due to the news outbreak. As night falls, he hears something. It was a sound of a crowd. That meant Super Junior has started the show. He went to see but hid behind to crowd so he won't be seen. But Donghae saw him and started to annouce something.

"Hello, everyone! I know there was some news about me and Eunhyuk but I'm here to say it's all false!" (Donghae)

"What?" "What is he talking about?" "It's false?"

"You see, Eunhyuk had an older brother named Hyukjae, a member of Jewel and I had a cousin named Donghae who was a songwriter. They both died in a building shooting in 1997. There must have been some confusion because Eunhyuk and I look a lot like Hyukjae hyung and Donghae hyung. Eunhyuk's parents told us that before Hyukjae hyung died, if he ever had a little brother, he wanted to call him Eunhyuk. When I was born, my parents named me after my lost cousin who they loved so much. Like them, we've been best friends since birth." (Donghae)

"Donghae." Hyukjae was crying. 

"Hyukkie, I know you're there! Come on up!" (Donghae)

Hyukjae ran to the stage. Donghae pulled him and got onto the stage. The crowd cheered for them.

"We have a new song!" (Donghae) Hyukjae knew where this was going.

"And it will be performed by us. Super Junior D&E!" (Hyukjae)

Donghae was surprised with the name but was happy for it. They performed the song Growing Pains which Donghae wrote for him and Hyukjae back in 1997 but never got released. Everyone loved it and ended the show with a great finale. Jewel also came to the show without them noticing and they couldn't believe what Donghae just said.

"His older brother's Hyukjae?" (Junhyung)

"And his cousin is his namesake?" (Injoo)

"How can this be? I thought we had all the answers." (Homin) But they didn't. Super Junior has tricked them with their own game.