The Real Me and Us

Zombieland SJ

Jongwoon was finally ready to launch his solo career. Of course, as Super Junior's Yesung. So he was busy for the passed 2 weeks and he's finally able to get a break.

"Finally... I thought this would never end." (Jongwoon) 

"Says someone who was a soloist in his past life." (Jungsoo)

"But promotions back then are different than now. Way less showcases for one thing." (Jongwoon)

"At least you're being true to yourself. You've become a lot more open since we first met." (Heechul)

"Maybe. That's to say, we all had tragic deaths. By the way, where's Ryeowook? Haven't seen him today." (Jongwoon)

"He's out for a variety show filming with Youngwoon and Kibum." (Jungsoo)

"Speaking of variety show, we noticed that you don't really do them by yourself." (Heechul)

"That's because even when I was alive, I only did music shows. Variety shows... aren't my strong point." (Jongwoon)

"Come to think of it... You did appear on a variety show once, right?" (Jungsoo)

"Yeah... and that also became my last." (Jongwoon)

"What happened then?" (Heechul)

"Long story short, the show host made fun of me. He criticized my choices in music, TV roles, my future career, and way too many to count." (Jongwoon)

"What kind of show was that?!" (Heechul)

"It was called 'Package for Fans'. It was fairly popular until they got a new host in 1996." (Jungsoo)

"1996? Isn't that when Jongwoon debuted?" (Heechul)

"I was promoting my first single and... Let's just say it was a total disaster. And they cancelled the show in 1998 after getting numerous backlash." (Jongwoon)

"Wow... That's something..." (Heechul)

"It was the 90's. Idol imagery was getting popular every year and still is today." (Jungsoo)

And Jongwoon declared that he would never go on variety shows alone ever again. Well... fate had other plans.

"I'm WHAT?!" (Jongwoon)

"You're guest appearing on the show 'Secret Talents' by yourself." (Ryuah)

"Are you kidding me?! You know I don't do solo appearances unless it's for music shows!" (Jongwoon)

"I know. But the producers kept begging. So I had no choice but to agree." (Ryuah)

"Great... 26 years since my last variety show and I can already tell that this will also be a disaster."

 

'Secret Talents' is a show where the panelists have to match to talent to the guest celebrities. What talent does Jongwoon have other than singing? Nothing! And that's why he couldn't sleep for the passed 3 days.

"Hyung, breakfast is rea..." (Ryeowook)

He looked more dead than he does now.

"Hyung?" (Ryeowook)

"Huh?" (Jongwoon)

"Uh... Breakfast is ready?" (Ryeowook)

"Ugh... Coming..." As Jongwoon said that, he just falls out of his bed.

As Ryeowook closed the door to his and Jongwoon's room, Donghee and Siwon was just passing by.

"How's he doing?" (Donghee)

"Just got up. Or maybe fell out?" (Ryeowook)

"Makes sense. He didn't sleep well yesterday either." (Siwon)

As everyone else waited for Jongwoon, they already started breakfast. And when Jongwoon finally came down, he looked way more unenthusiastic than yesterday.

"That bad?" (Hyukjae)

The silence was obviously a yes.

"I just don't know what to do?" (Jongwoon)

"Well... I looked up how this show works. The guests show a video of their talents to the panelists and they try to guess based on the video clues." (Kyuhyun)

"Then how about..." (Jongwoon)

"Did you come up with an idea?" (Jungsoo)

"Yeah but I'm going to need everyone's help." (Jongwoon)

 

Then it was finally time. Jongwoon's first variety show in 26 years.

"Welcome to 'Secret Talents'! This week, we have 5 guests and our panelists have to match the guest with the given talents." (MC)

There was cooking, painting, acrobatics, and even magic tricks. Then came the last video.

"Now for the last talent video. The talent is stage producing and it's called 'Animation Revival'." (MC)

The video started to play. It started with shots of a misty dark forest. Then a cloaked person started to summon the undead. After they were all summoned, the cloaked person took off his cloak, revealing that he's also an undead being. It then proceeds to them dancing in the animation dance style. The panelists, the other guest and the audience were impressed by this.

"That was all the clues. Now the panelists have to guess which talents goes to which guest." (MC)

There were also two actors, an idol from a girl group, and a soloist that the panelist have to deal with.

"I think that cooking goes to Number 2, An Junha." (Panelist 1)

"I agree. There are a lot of idols who are good at cooking and she's known for that in her group." (Panelist 4)

"Then how about magic tricks for... Number 3, Super Junior's Yesung?" (Panelist 2)

"That seems possible..." (Panelist 3)

Jongwoon was slightly sweating in tension. The video was took in front of Super Junior's mansion and they were full-on zombie, no makeup or costumes whatsoever. It was just them in their usual zombie forms. But since animation dance requires robotic-like movements, it was easy to camouflage as Super Junior wearing zombie makeup. Although it might be a little too realistic.

"Okay, the guest have made their decisions. And they have missed... 2." (MC)

That means they got the other 3 right and got 2 of them mixed up.

"The magic tricks goes to soloist Kim Onha and stage producing goes to Super Junior's Yesung." (MC)

Jongwoon managed to trick the panelists. Now he's ready to reveal how he found his talent.

"Everyone around me always say that I have a unique sense of producing. I wanted to film something for this, so I asked my members to help. Shindong did the filming and directing and I put the staging and costumes together." (Jongwoon)

That was the best he could do to not reveal that he and the others are actually zombies. Dead skin, red eyes, scars for some of them, bandages for others... There's no way they look naturally human without their specialty makeup. But there's one thing that kept bothering Jongwoon. The fifth panelist. It was none other than Woorin from Finale.

'Why is he here?!' Jongwoon was internally screaming.

'That looked so natural... How did they do this?' Woorin wondered how they filmed it.

If their rival group figures it out that Super Junior are zombies, they're done for!

"That's all for this week! Tune in next week, 'cause it's a 2 hour special!" (MC)

 

While Jongwoon was satisfied that he was able to stump the panelists, he was dead nervous (literally) due to Woorin being there.

"Hello, Yesung sunbaenim." (Woorin)

"Woorin, right? From Finale?" (Jongwoon)

"Yes. I'm glad that you remember me." (Woorin)

"When the public deems us as rivals, it's not hard to forget you." (Jongwoon)

"I was so amazed on your video. How did you film that?" (Woorin)

That was the question that he didn't want to hear!

"Top secret. Though, I will say that did take some creativity." (Jongwoon)

As in 'creativity', he means that it's the best and only way to show his true nature.

"I was just showing my natural talent, that's all." (Jongwoon)

And that is also true. Jongwoon always produced his own showcases and everyone loved them.

"Wow... I hope we can collaborate one day." (Woorin)

"Yeah, me too." (Jongwoon)

 

When Woorin came back to the company, he bumped into Seonju.

"How was filming today?" (Seonju)

"Pretty great, hyung." (Woorin)

"You call me hyung on certain occasions when we're only a few months apart." (Seonju)

"Sorry... It's a habit due to my cousin. By the way, you won't believe who was in the guests' spot today." (Woorin)

"Who?" (Seonju)

"Super Junior's Yesung. And he summitted the coolest video I've ever seen." (Woorin)

Woorin shows Seonju the video and he is also impressed.

"Wow... He has some producing talent." (Seonju)

But there's something that makes him feel familiar, but also unfamiliar at the same time. And that's regarding one of the "people" in the video.