Singing Legend

Zombieland SJ

2000

Ryeowook always loved to sing. He debuted and became commercially successful. There was one thing he didn't like about it though. And that was the fans who would always try to bother him and his crew. The worst memory he had of them was when they broke into his house and stole his precious items. Some of which were given to him by his family for generations. It took weeks to catch the theives and find all his missing stuff. Despite all that, he mostly loved his career.

 

2022

He was reading his magazine and looked at a article about a singing competition. He went to ask Ryuah if he can enter.

"Can I noona?"

She hesitate for a second but then said, "Sure. I don't see why not."

"Thanks!"

He went up to his room again and called his parents about the competition.

"I know you're going to do great." (Mrs. Kim)

"Thanks mom." (Ryeowook)

"You do well my son." (Mr. Kim)

"Yes dad. I will." (Ryeowook)

 

He applied for the competition and he practiced for days. It was finally the day of the competition. The others also went to support him.

"You're going to do great. I know it." (Jungsoo)

"Thanks hyung. I know that." (Ryeowook)

As he goes backstage, he meets the other competitors. 

"Hi, you must also be competing."

"Yes. I'm Ryeowook by the way."

"I'm Mun Inwoon"

"Nice to meet you." (Ryeowook)

"You too." (Inwoon)

After their inital meeting, Ryeowook thought that Inwoon might be a nice guy. But in reality, he's anything but nice. In fact, he's sort of bratty and thinks highly of himself, which the bratty part makes it weird for age as he looks like he could be around Ryeowook's age. Well, technically Ryeowook's 39 but pyshically he is 18.

 

The competition begins. It started with singing a few notes. Whoever can sing the according note doesn't get eliminated. There were a few notes that were hard to sing but Ryeowook and Inwoon sang them smoothly. A few of the competitors were eliminated and Ryeowook and Inwoon were still in the show.

"Nice. I'm still in." (Inwoon) 

"Now for the tricky part." (Ryeowook)

Then the second part of the show starts where the competitors show their various acts. Inwoon started with juggling and then spun plates. The judges were impressed but they felt like there was something missing.

"Did he learn at the circus?" (Judge 1)

"He's good but there are some things that could be improved." (Judge 2)

Then came Ryeowook's turn. He did a reenactment of The Little Prince, which was his favorite story. The judges and the audience were very impressed at his acting and felt like he did a great job.

"He prepared all this?" (Judge 2)

"And did it flawlessly." (Judge 3)

"It's like he has exprience." (Judge 1) Well, he does have exprience because he is a professional who died 21 years ago.

The others watched and see how Ryeowook had prepared himself for this for the past few days.

"Wow. He's really something else." (Heechul)

"I know. I hope he uses that song I made for him." (Donghae)

Donghae had written him a song last week but didn't know when to perform it. He feels like this is the right place to do it. The others think so too. And they hope that Ryeowook goes to the finals.

 

"Competing in the Finals. Mun Inwoon and Ryeowook of Super Junior." (MC)

All the other competitor were eliminated and the two are heading to the finals. Ryeowook decided to sing the song that Donghae had wrote for him. Inwoon was starting to get worried. He overheard Ryeowook's singing through the door and felt that he couldn't win against him.

"It's all right, Inwoon. You can do this." He says to himself. 

"The final challenge is to sing an original song." (MC)

Injoon was first to perform. He sings a song and everyone looked like they were impressed but in reality, there were some backlash.

"Why is he not preforming an original?" "It's sounds like he's singing a cover."

It's because he was singing something unoriginal. He was singing he's own version of Sechskies' Couple but with different lyrics. Everyone seem to notice somthing was off.

"That was... a great performance... Now it's time for Super Junior's Ryeowook to sing his song." (MC)

Ryeowook goes up and get's ready for his preformance. The others can see Injoon and he looked like he was planning something. And he was. He was going to sabotage Ryeowook and get him eliminated. They were not going to let that happen.

"Here's my song, The Little Prince." (Ryeowook)

As he was singing, Inwoon was taking his plan in action. Super Junior were getting ready for whatever he's doing. There was a bucket of water over Ryeowook. If it splashes onto him, it will wash off all of his makeup and reveal their identities. They got umbrellas ready just in case and went up to stopped Inwoon from sabotaging Ryeowook. Then Inwoon's bodyguards tried to attack them but they were already prepared.

 

Ryeowook finished his song and his performance went flawlessly. 

"Now it's time to announce the winner. And the winner is..." As the MC was about to present the winner's name, a video popped up on the screen.

"We won't let you sabotage his performance." (Youngwoon)

"And why not? This is my turn to shine and I don't like anyone getting in my way!" (Inwoon)

"Wow. What a brat." (Kyuhyun)

"And here we thought that he was nice." (Sungmin)

"Guards! Get them!" (Inwoon)

The bodyguards were attacking them but they dodged them. Then Inwoon tried to knocked Heechul out but he got through.

The video ended and left everyone in shock, including Inwoon.

"WHAT?! WHEN?!" (Inwoon)

"Were you trying to sabotage me?" Ryeowook was suprised at the video.

"Well then, that makes Mun Inwoon automatically eliminated. The winner by default is Ryeowook of Super Junior!" (MC)

The audience cheered but Inwoon couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"No! You can't do that to me!" (Inwoon)

"Oh yes we can. We'd do anything for our friend." (Heechul)

Inwoon points at Super Junior. "I'll get you!" 

"No you won't!" Inwoon's company president came up on the stage. "You'll be suspended for six months starting today."

"What?!" (Inwoon)

"I guess that's what you would get if you tried to kill me." (Ryeowook) Figuratively, as he is undead.

Ryeowook tried his best and he won by default. He's happy for his victory but didn't feel like he won. The others thought that too and felt bad for him. They were only trying to protect him and he knew that. He loves his friends and he knows he can always rely on them for support. Maybe next time, if Inwoon competes in a competition, he uses this as a lesson and try not to cheat. Ryeowook believes in the good in people, and maybe he would see a better Inwoon next time they meet.