Books for the Dead

Zombieland SJ

It was another day in the city. Siwon and Kibum were going shopping for more books to study modern literature. They weren't recognized for their idol personas which was a good thing because it would cause a riot. As Siwon was about to pay for the books, the cashier screamed in horror.

"AHHHH!" 

"What is it?!" (Siwon)

"D... d... dead person!" She said and ran away to the storage room.

"Do you know her?" (Kibum)

"No. Or at least, I don't think so." (Siwon)

The people around them stared at them wondering why the cashier called Siwon dead. Siwon and Kibum wondered too. Their makeup wasn't smudging or anything. So why would she say 'dead person'? Unless she knew Siwon from when he was alive.

"Excuse me but can I pay for the books now?" (Siwon) But the cashier was too scared. "Okay, then I'll just leave the money on the counter with a note."

That was an interesting day in the bookstore which was not plesant. Siwon wondered how she knew that he's actually undead. Did they know each other at one point? Or they're maybe distant relatives that he doesn't remember?

 

After they got back, they told everything that had happened.

"So that happened." (Siwon)

"She screamed at Siwon?" (Heechul)

"Yes and she scream 'dead person'." (Kibum)

"Why would she say that?" (Zhou Mi)

"I don't know? I do have a few ideas. One is that we once met but I can't remember. Two is that we might be distant relatives." (Siwon)

"I think the first one makes more sense." (Kyuhyun)

"No. I think the second one makes more sense than anything." (Sungmin)

"Whatever. The point is that she knows I was dead." (Siwon)

So how did she know? Did she sneak into the mansion while they weren't looking? Or does Siwon know her?

 

The next day, Siwon went back to town to try and reason with that bookstore cashier. He wanted some answers. He reached the bookstore and sees the cashier.

"Excuse me?" He calls out the cashier but she hides behind the counter.

"I'm sorry about what happened yesterday but I promise you that won't happen again." He tried to reassured her but it didn't work.

"You... you... how are you..." 

"How am I what?" (Siwon)

"How are you alive?" 

"Huh?" (Siwon)

"You died 19 years ago!"

"I didn't die and I'm only 18 years old." (Siwon)

"I... it can't be..." 

"Can't be what? Please, I want to help you." (Siwon)

"No! Don't come near me!" 

"Well. that failed." (Siwon)

"I'm sorry about her. She's been so jumpy since yesterday." The cashier's boss appears.

"Probably because I was here yesterday. She shouted that I was dead." (Siwon)

The boss looks at Siwon closely. "Come to think of it, you do look like him." 

"Him who?" Then the boss shows a picture. It was him during high school.

"I say. You do look a lot like him." That's because it is him.

 

Siwon brought the picture with him. He does remember since he was an incredible actor, he was very popular in school. He got fan letters and gifts from the girls in the school and almost every girl had a crush on him. Sometimes, he had to carry the letters and gifts in his father's limousine. Did he mention that his family's rich?

"So, she went to the same school as you?" (Youngwoon)

"I guess so. If anyone has a picture of me during high school, I guess that where it came from." (Siwon)

And that was a very natural reaction if someone you remember dead suddenly comes back to life. Well, kind of.

"How can I prove to her that I'm not who I was?" (Siwon)

"You could invite her to a show." (Jungsoo)

"You think that it might work?" (Siwon)

"It might. But you have to invite her yourself." (Jungsoo)

That's going to be tricky. She's alraedy scared of him. How can he give her a ticket when he can't get near her? Then Kibum has an idea.

 

He goes to the bookstore instead of Siwon and give her the ticket. So that way, she won't be as scared.

"Excuse me?" (Kibum)

"Yes. May I help you?" 

"Listen, I'm sorry about my friend the other day." (Kibum)

"No, no. That's my fault. I thought that he was brought back to life."

"Well, I got you a ticket for our concert and I hope that you might come." (Kibum)

"I would love to but how would I face him?" 

"I'm sure you can do it. See you then." Kibum went out the bookstore and the cashier looked at her ticket.

"Super Junior. Aren't they that viral rookie group?"

 

It was the day of the concert. Siwon is hoping that the cashier came. 

"There she is." (Kibum)

"Wow. She really came." (Siwon)

"I told you it would work." (Jungsoo)

"Now let's go perform. Hello, we are Super..." (Siwon)

"JUNIOR!"

"Today we have a new song so stay tight." (Siwon)

They performed Twins (Knock Out) and Miracle. Everyone loved it. The cashier looked at Siwon. He was shining in his own way. It's then she realized that he's not the dead person she had a crush on. That person is dead and this person is someone else. She needs to let go of the past and work towards the future. She cheered him on and had a time of her life.

 

Ther next time Siwon went to the bookstore, the first he did was greeting the cashier,

"Good morning." (Siwon)

"Good morning. Looking for more books?" 

"Yes. Where are those new novels you promised?" (Siwon)

"Oh, yes. They're over there in second row in bookshelf 800."

"Thank you." (Siwon)

"You're welcome."

Thank goodness that was over. No one thinks that he's dead. Well, he is dead but alive at the same time. What matters is that no on suspects that he and his friends are zombies. Siwon was sure that no one thinks the dead is alive.