Puzzle Pieces

Zombieland SJ

It's the last week of October and Super Junior just made their comeback. Unfortunately, Finale had also made their comeback. On the same day...

"This week's winner is... SUPER JUNIOR!"

"Super Junior wins!"

"1st place goes to Super Junior!"

Promotions went on for about 2 weeks and they were finally able to take a break. Heechul decides to go to his family for a visit, as he hasn't visited in a long time. Well, he was dead until 1 1/2 years ago so that would make sense in a way.

"Ready to go, Chullie?" (Han Geng)

"Yeah. I can't wait." (Heechul)

Heechul also wanted to introduce Han Geng to his parents, so he agreed to go with him. After about a 2 hour drive, they arrived at Heechul's family house.

"Like noona said, this place hasn't changed." (Heechul)

"Have fun, you two. And call me when you decided to come back to the mansion." (Ryuah)

"Sure. See ya." (Heechul)

After Ryuah left, Heechul rang to doorbell. The door opened and Heechul's sister Heejin and her kids greeted them.

"Hey, little brother. Welcome home." (Heejin)

"I'm back." (Heechul)

"Come on, Sooeun. You too, Soohwan. Say hi to your uncle." (Heejin)

"Hello, uncle!" (Sooeun, Soohwan)

"Good to see you two again. They've grown since the last time we met." (Heechul)

"Well, they are turning 9 later this week. Nice to see you again, Han Geng." (Heejin)

"Nice to see you too. It has been a while." (Han Geng)

"And I'm guessing it's not just for a simple visit." (Heejin)

"Huh?" (Han Geng)

"Seriously though, I always wonder how you know things before I even tell you. Are you sure you're not psychic?" (Heechul)

"Yep. That's my little brother alright. And of course I would know. I'm your sister. Come in. Mom's waiting for you two." (Heejin)

 

Meanwhile, Finale just wrapped up a TV show filmming.

"That's all for now. You can all rest for the next 2 weeks." (Manager)

"All right! Video games, here I come!" (Lueun)

"I'm going to enjoy my favorite books." (Xin Jing)

"I bet all of them." (Rico)

"Be quiet, Rico-ah. You know Xing Jing gets mad if we talk bad about his favorite books." (Ando)

"I think I'm gonna go shopping. There's a new clothing store in the mall and I want to see want they have." (Ireun)

While the younger members are being rowdy, the eldest 2 members are trying to calm them down.

"Seriously though, I think now I get why fans call some K-pop group as a real family." (Woorin)

"(Family...)" That's a word that Seonju never really thought about in detail. Well... you can imagine why.

"Seonju? Is something going on?" (Woorin)

"Woorin, what's it like having a family?" (Seonju)

"What... Wait, your family doesn't like you?" (Woorin)

"I'm an only child and my mother always pressures me. She doesn't even realize that herself. And then my..." (Seonju)

"Your what?" (Woorin)

"Stepfather. I'm even ashamed to call him a father. He's the worst! Actually, they're both the worst! When my mother said she was getting remarried, I didn't expect a guy who is just the worst, not just in personality but also his view of people. And then one day, they started to neglect me. I was only in 3rd grade when that happened!" (Seonju)

"Woah... I never knew about that. Your mother remarried. What about your father?" (Woorin)

"Mom never mentions him. I did asked her once but the only thing she said was that he was just 2 to 3 years younger than her." (Seonju)

"That's some mom you got... By the way, I do see the resemblance." (Woorin)

"What? Of who?" (Seonju)

"Haven't you seen the pictures and blog posts? Our fans think that you and Super Junior's Heechul look alike. There's even a theory that you two could be long lost brothers." (Woorin)

"What? People think that? I just told you I'm an only child." (Seonju)

"But I kinda do see it. Maybe you guys have a mutual relative of something." (Woorin)

"(Mutual relative... Yeah. It must be that. Never really thought about that before. I wonder what my father was like.)"

 

After Heechul found out about the possibility that Seonju could be his son, he was afriad to tell his family about this. How are they going to react? And what are they going to do once he tells them? He's getting more anxious as the pets Heebum.

"Chullie, you okay?" (Han Geng)

"Hannie... I'm going to tell them. About Seonju." (Heechul)

"You sure you can do this? If not, I can always back you up." (Han Geng)

Heebum purrs as if he's agreeing with Han Geng and Heechul chuckled at the idea.

"Thanks." (Heechul)

"Come on, you two. Yoowan's cooking tonight." (Heejin)

"Coming. Let's go." (Heechul)

Heejin's husband Yoowan was in the kitchen while the boys were setting the table. Just then, Heechul's father came back from his work.

"I'm back!" (Mr. Kim)

"Welcome home." (Heechul)

"Thank you, son. I'm sorry I wasn't here earlier today." (Mr. Kim)

"That's okay. The boys have been really helpful." (Heechul)

"That's good to hear. Nice to see you again, Han Geng." (Mr. Kim)

"Nice to see you again too." (Han Geng)

"Dinner's ready!" (Yoowan)

The family sat down at the table and Heechul was about to make his announcement.

"As you all know, me and Han Geng were dead until just last March. For our first year active as idols, we couldn't meet again as family. But now, I'm happy to say that everyone here is family." (Heechul)

"Well said son. Welcome to the family, Han Geng." (Mrs. Kim)

"Thank you, Mrs. Kim." (Han Geng)

"You can call me 'Mother' if you want. Promise me you'll take great care of our son." (Mrs. Kim)

"Of course." (Han Geng)

Heechul was happy that his parents fully accepts their new son-in-law. Dinner continued on and the family having a great time. However...

"Uncle, is something wrong?" Soohwan suddenly asks.

"Huh?" (Heechul)

"Heechul, is something going on?" (Mr. Kim)

"I... It's... Well..." 

Heechul couldn't make up any words because his mind was too clogged up with his other announcement.

"Chullie, I'm with you. Breathe and relax. If you don't think you can do it, I could do it for you." (Han Geng)

"No, Hannie. I'll do it. It's my problem, not yours." (Heechul)

"What is it?" (Mrs. Kim)

"I... Remember what happened during university?" (Heechul)

"You mean with that professor? What about her?" (Mr. Kim)

"She... I..." (Heechul)

"She had a son with him." (Heejin)

"Noona..." (Heechul)

"What? Why didn't you say anything? And how did you know, Heejin?" (Mrs. Kim)

"One of my colleagues told me. He said that after she assaulted Heechul, she felt sick and found out that she was 2 months pregnant with his child. She once came here to tell Heechul this but I chased her out. Surprisingly for her, she kept the child. We didn't tell you because of the reactions you might make when you hear this." (Heejin)

"Son... Is this true? (Mr. Kim)

"Yes. I'm sorry... I was... too scared to tell you..."

Heechul was crying so hard that his brain couldn't process anything right now. But his mother came to calm him down and made him feel more relaxed.

"Heechul, you suffered so much already. If you thought that we were going to hate you, we're not. You're our son. And if we have to be mad, it would have to be towards that heinous professor." (Mrs. Kim)

"And the son is in the entertainment business." Han Geng informs of that as well.

"Seonju from Finale, I believe?" (Yoowan)

"How did you..." (Han Geng)

"I work in the investigation unit and I'm trained in specialty deduction. When Heejin told me about this, I did some digging on my own. And it was pure coincidence that I saw Finale's picture on the internet and started to connect the two parties." (Yoowan)

"Who's Seonju?" (Sooeun)

"He's your cousin. He works as an idol like your uncles." Heejin tries to say that in a way that the kids won't get confused.

"Well that went better than we thought." (Han Geng)

"Yeah. I'm glad. But now for the bigger problem. How am I going to tell Seonju this?" (Heechul)

Luckily, Heechul's family fully accepts the fact that they have another family member despite him also being the son of the woman who assaulted Heechul. Even so, they're a caring family who tries to understand the hardships of others, whether sane or not. One is an undead zombie. One is an alive human. Will they ever formally meet as family?