Journey to An Old Friend

Zombieland SJ

Kyuhyun was selected as a fixed cast member of a new variety show 'Vocal Friends'. It's his first solo gig from the group and he's really nervous.

"Don't be nervous." (Ryuah)

"That's easy for you to say!" (Kyuhyun)

"Eun Jiwon-sshi, Mino-sshi and P.O-sshi have just arrived." (Staff)

"(Eun Jiwon?)" Kyuhyun recognized the name because he used to work with him.

"Thank you for having us." (Jiwon, Mino, P.O)

"(Is that him? No way... I know he didn't look any different from when he debuted until I died but woah... He could be mistaken for someone in his 20's at best.)

"Are you..." (Jiwon)

"Kyuhyun from Super Junior. It's nice to meet you, Jiwon-sunbaenim."

"Likewise. And you can just call me hyung. It will make our work relationship more comfortable." (Jiwon)

"Oh... Okay... It's going to be nice working with you. Jiwon-hyung." (Kyuhyun)

"Likewise." (Jiwon)

"(Huh?)" Of course Kyuhyun noticed something. The Eun Jiwon that he was more familiar with is more energetic and somewhat had a comedic side to him.

"I wonder what happened over the years?" (Kyuhyun)

"What do you mean by that?" (Mino)

"Oh... It's nothing. I just remember seeing him on TV when I was younger." (Kyuhyun)

"Is that so?" (P.O)

"(Yikes! I almost blew my cover!)" Kyuhyun was relieved that the two didn't notice.

"Well... Try to keep up, newbie." (Mino)

"Sure..." Kyuhyun was pretty offended by the word 'newbie'. Partly because despite being born a year later than Mino and P.O, if he was still alive, they would've been similar ages. And Kyuhyun did debut 2 to 3 years earlier than the two.

"What are you guys doing? Let's get a move on." (Jiwon)

"Coming!" (Kyuhyun, Mino, P.O)

 

"3, 2, 1... ACTION!" (Director)

"Hello! This is..." (Jiwon)

"Vocal Friends!"

"In this show, we are going to interview people on the streets to see what kinds of different relationship friends could have. Brought to you by..." (Jiwon)

"Super Junior's Kyuhyun!"

"Winner's Mino!"

"Block B's P.O!"

'Winner? Block B?' Kyuhyun thought he heard their groups' names from somewhere and then remembered, 'Oh yeah... They debuted after I died.'

"And Sechskies' Eun Jiwon!"

"(Wait... Sechskies' Eun Jiwon?! I thought they were still broken up. Did they get back together at some point?)"

The information that was just dropped on Kyuhyun was more than enough to break his brain apart. Literally saying so...

 

Back at the mansion, Kyuhyun seemed a bit quiet, which is kinda unusual for him.

"Did something happen?" (Jungsoo)

"Actually, we saw Eun Jiwon at the filming site. Turns out he and two other idols were part of the main cast." (Ryuah)

"So... What about it?" (Heechul)

"Well, turns out Kyuhyun used to work with Eun Jiwon back when he was alive. Back then, Eun Jiwon was more... Uh... 'energetic' would be right word for now. And today he was... Let's just say, it was 'unfamiliar' with Kyuhyun." (Ryuah)

"Oh..." (Jungsoo, Heechul)

"And I guess he wasn't informed that Sechskies got revived back in 2016." (Ryuah)

"2016..." (Heechul)

"That's about a year after Henry's death." (Jungsoo)

"And since they once collaborated on a song, I guess that Kyuhyun thought that Eun Jiwon might recognized him and freaked out internally." (Ryuah)

 

On the otherhand, with Jiwon, Mino and P.O...

"Hyung, package for you." (P.O)

"Thanks. It must be that new game I ordered." (Jiwon)

The two younger idols could see through the fake smile on Jiwon's face.

"Hyung... Were you okay back there?" (Mino)

"What makes you say that?" (Jiwon)

"Hyung. We know how you were acting back there. Since we started living together 4 years ago, it's not hard to see through your fake smiles anymore." (Mino)

"You're right. I couldn't help but feel something familiar." (Jiwon)

"Familiar? About what?" (P.O)

"I think the proper question here is 'who'. It's about Kyuhyun." (Jiwon)

"What about him?" (P.O)

"I had a feeling but something doesn't make sense." (Jiwon)

"About what?" (Mino)

After being asked, Jiwon goes through his CD shelf and finds the one he was looking for.

"A blank CD?" (Mino)

"It's an unfinished song. It means so much to me." (Jiwon)

"How come?" (Mino)

"This is the last song I collaborated with this solo singer. He was the first one to really appreciate both my change in music styles and my TV persona." (Jiwon)

Mino and P.O knew Jiwon went through a lot during the late 2000's to early 2010's but they didn't know any of this that they're hearing right now.

"That singer's name... Cho Kyuhyun." (Jiwon)

And as soon as Jiwon said the singer's name, it took the younger two by a complete surprise.

"Cho Kyuhyun? No... The name could be a coincidence." (P.O)

"I don't think so. Because..." Then Jiwon showed them an old picture.

"This is..." (Mino)

"Him. Cho Kyuhyun." (Jiwon)

"But... There's no way..." (Mino)

"That's what I initially thought too. But not just the face, but the voice." (Jiwon)

Jiwon took out his laptop and played a video with Kyuhyun singing with Super Junior. Then he played the CD. The voices in both the video and the CD were the exact same. Also as a successful music producer, even Mino can't deny that.

 

A few days have passed and Kyuhyun got an email from someone named Silver G1.

"Silver G1? Sounds kinda sketchy... Did they get my email address from a show producer?" (Kyuhyun)

The email said...

From : Silver G1

To : SJ Kyuhyun 

I'm sorry for the sudden notice but me and my team were hoping to collaborate with you on a song. We were looking for singers who would match the style that we're currently producing but none of the initial candidates fit the part. We were thinking of giving up the project until we saw your concert video and heard you sing. If you can consider, please send us a reply. If you don't want to, then we won't bother you.

"So sincere for someone anonymous. Silver... Wait. G1... I think I can guess who this is." (Kyuhyun)

So Kyuhyun decided to agree with this project and wrote a reply.

From : SJ Kyuhyun

To : Silver G1

I know we never met in person but I can feel your sincerity for this project. I would love to work with you and your team. Please send me the demo and lyrics so I can practice. I would also like to receive the date for our first meeting.

He sent the email, hoping that this would work to reunite with his old friend.


Some of the information here is based on several Wikipedia enteries and news articles. Please note that this is a fictional story and the information from those Wikipedia entries and news articles are modified to fit this storyline.