1997 vs 2021

Zombieland SJ

1997

Groups like H.O.T and Sechskies were the height of idol groups at the time. There was a hip-hop dance group called Jewel consisting of 5 members, Homin, Danwoo, Junhyung, Injoo and Hyukjae. Donghae was a songwriter and Hyukjae's childhood friend. They grew up together and both wanted a career in music. When Jewel got the chance to debut publically, Donghae was ready to make songs for them. The two worked together and Jewel successfully debuted.

 

2021

Donghae is currently writing a song for their next comeback next month. Since their first song was more rock focused, he wanted to write something a little poppier. Hyukjae is practicing his dancing. Because he's undead, he was able to do moves he couldn't do when he was alive. The two always stayed together as they are best friends forever. And literally forever as they are zombies now.

"So, how's the songwriting going?" (Hyukjae)

"It's going great. I think the guys are going to love this." (Donghae)

"They should. Your songs are great." (Hyukjae)

"Thank, Hyukkie." (Donghae)

"Hyukjae, Donghae. It's time for bed." (Jungsoo)

"Okay, hyung." 

Jungsoo smiles and leaves them in their room.

 

The next day, Ryuah comes back with an announcement. "Alright. Now you have a TV show recording." 

"This should be fun." (Sungmin)

"Yeah." (Ryeowook)

"It's a show called Back to the Idol." (Ryuah)

"I know that show. I used to watch it with my family." (Heechul)

"Really. That must have been fun." (Kyuhyun)

"And this is a competition show. You'll be competeing against an old group." (Ryuah)

"An old group and a new group competing. This should be interesting." (Kibum)

"I'm excited!" (Zhou Mi)

"Who's this group we're competing against?" (Hyukjae)

"I think it's a hip-hop dance group called Jewel." (Ryuah) That made Hyukjae freeze.

First it was Youngwoon, now it's Hyukjae. The Jewel members would recognize him and freak out. Luckily, he's using a stage name so there might not be any questions about his identity.

"You okay?" (Donghae)

"Yeah, I'm good." (Hyukjae) Donghae knows that something is up.

 

They reach the TV station where Back to the Idol is filmed. They put on their makeup, get dressed into their costumes and rehearse before the actual show. The premise for Back to the Idol is that old generation idols and new generation idols have a friendly competition against each other. There have been many instances that broken up groups have reunited for this program. And Jewel being one of them. Though they never broke up despite Hyukjae and Donghae's deaths, they were inactive for quite a while.

The show started...

"Hello, and welcome to Back to the Idol! We have a great show today. In the past area, we have hip-hop dance team, Jewel!" (MC)

Jewel shows up. "Hello, we are Jewel!"

"And in the future area, we have rookie group, Super Junior!" (MC)

Super Junior shows up as well. "Hello, we are Super JUINOR!"

The audience cheered on. Some were Jewel fans, some were SJ fans and some were fans of both teams. 

"You know how this works. The more charm points, the higher the score. Now let's start with Jewel!" (MC)

Jewel starts dancing. Hyukjae recognizes the dance that they're using. It's Jewel's debut song. His wondering if they been using it in memory of him and Donghae or just using it for popularity. He's starting to feel something.

"Hyukkie. You okay?" (Donghae)

Hyukjae looks at Donghae and says, "No. I'm not okay."

"I knew it. It's because of them, right?" (Donghae)

"Yes." (Hyukjae)

"Don't worry. It will be fine." (Donghae)

"Thanks, Hae." (Hyukjae)

 

Jewel finished their show. Everyone in the audience cheered them on.

"Wow, that was amazing. Well, now it's time for Super Junior!" (MC)

Super Junior went on stage and sang Twins (Knock Out). At the end of the song, Donghae suggests something. Hyukjae should dance to show them what dancing is all about. The others quickly agreed and Hyukjae started to dance his heart out (not literally).

"Go, Eunhyuk! Go, Eunhyuk!" The audience cheered as well.

Jewel cannot believe what they're seeing. This dancer is so good that they feel like they're defeated. But also looked somewhat familiar to them. After watching it, they decided to do the unthinkable.

"So those were the two groups' stages. Who did it better this week. The past or the future? Let's see!" (MC)

The scores were tallying up. They quickly went to the thousand digits and grew even more. The numbers finally stopped revealing the total score.

"Jewel (7249) : Super Junior (7614)

Super Junior won by 365 points. The zombie boys never thought that this would be real but it is. Jewel congratulated them and all was great. After the taping, Hyukjae went to change into his normal clothes. Just then, he heard a knock.

"Hold up, Hae. I'm coming." (Hyukjae)

"Excuse me but can we come in?" 

"Who are you?" (Hyukjae)

"We're Jewel." Hyukjae froze. He knew this would happen.

"Hey. We wanted to congratulate you in person. You were great." 

"Oh... Thank you. You were great too. I'm a big fan." (Hyukjae)

"Really. Well, it's nice to meet a fan. So, what's your name?"

"It's Eunhyuk." (Hyukjae)

"That's a nice name. My name is Homin." 

"Nice to meet you Homin." (Hyukjae)

After they left, they looked a little creeped out. 

"He looks exactly like him." (Danwoo)

"Maybe it's just a coincidence." (Injoo)

"Could be or something else." (Junhyung)

 

Back in the van, the members are going back to the mansion to have the rest of the day off. Donghae was right. Hyukjae was getting worried about nothing. Or was he? They arrived at the mansion and went to their rooms.

"Remember. No making a mess in your rooms." (Ryuah)

"Yes."

"You were right Hae. I was getting worked up about nothing." (Hyukjae)

"See, told you." (Donghae)

Donghae continued to write their next song and Hyukjae continued to practice dancing. Like in their past lives, the two are inseparable by all means.