What will they think?

Zombieland SJ

Since his last text with Seonju, Heechul has been freaking out about something for a while now. When he was alive, he was assaulted by his female university professor at East Seoul University. Seonju's mother is a professor at the same university.

"Could be... but there's no way. Maybe I can ask him his mother's name?" (Heechul)

Due to the overlap in both parties, Heechul started to hypothesize that he and Seonju are related as father and son respectively. But actually, he's not freaking out because of that. He knew that there was a possibility in that due to the fact that his professor showed up at his house saying that she's pregnant with his child. As a result of that and all that times she had tortured him, Heechul shoved her away and never saw her again. Or at least he thought.

"Even if it's the case, how will I tell Seonju? How will I tell Hannie? How will I tell anyone?!" (Heechul)

Heechul's been freaking out because of the reactions he might get after telling his discovery. Then he thinks up all the worst case scenarios that might happen. But the worst one he thought up was Seonju getting a cardiac arrest due to mental shock from the truth.

"I CAN'T!" (Heechul)

"You can't what?" Heechul was surprised to see Han Geng at the door.

"Oh... It's nothing..." (Heechul)

"Didn't sound like nothing." (Han Geng)

"It is... I guess I just had a bad dream." (Heechul)

"Alright but whatever happens, tell me immediately. Okay?" (Han Geng)

"Okay..." Heechul felt like his stomach was going to flip. Literally speaking.

 

The next day, Heechul was guest starring in a variety show called One For You. He knew who the host and regular cast are but didn't knew that he's not the only guest for this week's episode.

"Finale's Seonju is here!"

'Seonju? He's also guest starring?' Heechul was surprised to hear Seonju's name.

"Heechul hyung! It's nice to see you again." (Seonju)

"Yeah, you too. How long has it been since we last texted? Almost 2 months?" (Heechul)

"Yeah. We got kinda busy. We just got green lit for our own variety show." (Seonju)

"Wow, that's great. I'll be sure to watch it." (Heechul)

"Thanks." (Seonju) 

Though it didn't seem like it, Heechul was internally panicking. 'Great... Now how am I going to tell him when the time is right?!'

 

Minutes feel like hours, hours feel like days and days feel like weeks. Heechul can't shake the feeling of how he's going to tell both Han Geng and Seonju about all this. Just then, he got a text from Seonju.

 

Hey hyung~! Feels good to text you again. - Seonju

Me too - Heechul

Hey. I just wondered - Seonju

What is it? - Heechul

Do you have any pictures of your family? - Heechul

Why do you ask that? - Heechul

Since the last time we talked, I wanted to know you better - Seonju

I can send mine too if you want >< - Seonju

Okay - Heechul

If that's what you want - Heechul

 

Heechul couldn't show his pictures of his real family, just in case of confusion. So he sent a picture of Super Junior, Shinee and Ryuah, who are also like family to him.

 

Sorry. This is all I have. - Heechul

That's okay - Seonju

You and the others seem close, so I can see why you call them family - Seonju

 

Then Heechul got his picture and was shocked by the woman who is Seonju's mother.

"Professor Seohwa? It can't be." (Heechul)

Maybe it's just someone who looks like her? Or maybe not.

 

Hey, Seonju. Sorry to ask this but is the woman in the picture your mother? - Heechul

Yeah. That was taken when I started high school. - Seonju

Also, that's a fake smile on my face - Seonju

Yeah... I figured - Heechul

Also, could you tell me your mother's name? - Heechul

Why so suddenly? - Seonju

One of my relatives attend East Seoul University and I thought I'd seen her from somewhere - Heechul

I also remembered you saying your mother is professor at that university - Heechul

Oh, really? Okay. - Seonju

Her name's Park Seohwa - Seonju

 

Once Heechul saw the name, his hypothesis was proven to be true. From what he had heard from his sister, Seohwa never had a miscarriage or abortion and kept the child. This is more than enough proof to show that Heechul and Seonju are father and son.

 

Thanks. I'll sure to remember her when I meet her in person - Heechul

 

That just highered the stakes of the worst case scenarios in his head actually happening in real life! 

"NOW WHAT?! What will they think? What will he think?" (Heechul)

Then he started to cry. So much that he didn't check how much time had passed or to hear the creaking of the door of his and Han Geng's room.

"Chullie?" (Han Geng)

Heechul didn't hear Han Geng's voice because he was crying so heavily. And he didn't hear the others, who were also at the door.

"Chullie, what happened?" (Han Geng)

"Hannie... I..." (Heechul)

"What? You can tell me." (Han Geng)

"No... You'll hate me for this..." (Heechul)

"What..." (Han Geng)

Then Jungsoo steps in to help comfort Heechul.

"Heechul, you can tell us. No matter what just happened, we'll always be by your side." (Jungsoo)

"I... I... You won't hate me for this?" (Heechul)

"Of course not." (Jungsoo)

Heechul wiped off his tears and everyone went downstairs to hear what happened.

 

"So that's what happened in my life." (Heechul)

There was a bit of shock from the others but they stayed calm, unlike what Heechul had imagined in his head for the past few days.

"Wow... I mean, she got away with it." (Jongwoon)

"And is still not caught." (Zhou Mi)

"Why didn't you tip the police?" (Donghee)

"Did you really think I would be able to do that back in 2002? Back then, police forces didn't take assault cases very seriously and only viewed them as something with minor damages." (Heechul)

"It was only until an assault case occurred that really shooked the nation." (Sungmin)

"With all citizens feeling sorry for the victim and was furious towards to attacker." (Kyuhyun)

"That news also spread all over the world. That's when all police forces started to take assault cases more seriously and with great caution." (Henry)

"As expected by the ones who lived in the 2010s." (Youngwoon)

"But I still can't believe this." (Donghae)

"A professor assaulting a student in need of help? Now that's just... What's a more extreme word than 'cruel'?" (Hyukjae)

"Merciless?" (Kibum)

"That's the one." (Hyukjae)

While talking about Heechul past, they didn't realize they were making him uncomfortable until Ryuah and Han Geng stepped in.

"I'm glad you told us." (Han Geng)

"You're not mad?" (Heechul)

"Why should we be mad at that? You did nothing wrong." (Han Geng)

"Han Geng's right. And at least your son is alive and healthy." (Ryuah)

"Thanks. And now for the bigger problem. How do I tell Seonju?" (Heechul)

How will he tell Seonju about this? Unlike with the Ryuah and the others, there is likely a chance that Seonju will at least faint at this news. And if he does accept Heechul, how is he going to live his life once Heechul tells him the truth?