Classical vs Modern

Zombieland SJ

Super Junior has started their new video series. Each episode shows their talents and interests for their audience to know them better. The most popular series are the following : 

Heechul : Stories (Making or Reading)

K.R.Y : Song Covers (With some occasional rapping by Kyuhyun)

Donghee : Filmmaking Lecteurs

Sungmin : Fashion Tips

Hyukjae : Dance (Original and Covers)

Donghae : Music Covers (Mostly Piano or Guitar)

Henry : Violin Covers

Out of all of them, Henry's violin covers have been getting the most views. Possibly due to the fact that no one has thought of playing popular mainsteam songs on the violin. Since his win at the violin competition last year, Henry thought that this could work with other songs too. The response has been positive, expect for one thing.

"'Violins aren't made for modern styles of music.' Who decides on that?" (Kyuhyun)

"Here's another comment saying, 'Violins are classical use only.'" (Han Geng)

"'Using classical instruments for pop songs are...' I'm not gonna finish that." (Heechul)

"Such nasty comments. Even if they do have a problem with it, shouldn't they just keep it to themselves?!" (Zhou Mi)

"Zhou Mi, calm down. We're still figuring out who this person is." (Jungsoo)

"Sorry, hyung. But critizing Henry's talent like that. This person has a problem!" (Zhou Mi)

"Well, from what we know, all those comments seem to be coming from the same viewer." (Jungsoo)

"We just need to find out this person's name and what their deal is with Henry." (Youngwoon)

"Youngwoon, can you call everyone down? I found out who's been commenting nasty things on Henry's videos." (Jinho)

As soon as Jinho said that, Jungsoo and Youngwoon called everyone to the living room. After everyone's essembled, Jinho shows his research to the zombies.

"The commenter's name is Lim Eumjung. His username is Suitypical. Combination of the words 'Suite' and 'Typical'." (Jinho)

"Naming senses these days..." (Donghae)

"He also uploads videos on this site. They seem to be about all things classical music." (Jinho)

"And by the looks of these videos, he's only stuck on traditional classics." (Donghee)

"Such as Beethoven and Mozart?" (Ryeowook)

"Bingo." (Ryuah)

"I thought stereotypes on classical music died down a bit." (Heechul)

"It did but there are still some conservatives." (Ryuah)

"I guess that's why he hates Henry's videos but still." (Zhou Mi)

During that meeting, Henry was practicing for his next video. He was going to play a BTS medley, consisting of Spring Day, Mic Drop and Euphoria. Also, he has been reading the comment section and saw the nasty ones critizing his choice in songs to cover. Zhou Mi told Henry who this person is and told him to be careful and don't care much about it. Henry quickly understood and continued practicing.

 

A few days later, Henry was out on location to film his video. Of course, Donghee's operating the camera and Sungmin's in charge of his wardobe. Heechul, Han Geng and Zhou Mi were also there for support. And as expected, a lot of people came to the filming site to see Henry play in person.

"Ready?" (Donghee)

"Ready." (Henry)

"Starting in 3, 2, 1!" (Donghee)

Henry started playing and it sound beautiful. Everyone was impressed and after he finished and Donghee turned off the camera, the crowd applauded.

"That was great, Henry." (Heechul)

"Thanks, hyung. I practiced this for 5 days straight." (Henry)

"You definitely made all those practice time worth it." (Han Geng)

"I agree." (Sungmin)

"Well I think it was terrible."

The 6 zombies and Ryuah turned around to see the person who said that Henry's performance was terrible. It was none other than Lim Eumjung.

"Who are you to say that?!" (Zhou Mi)

"You should know this. Violins, like other classical instruments, are not built for these kinds of music." (Eumjung)

"Is it only violins you rant about? What about pianos?" (Heechul)

"I can deal with electric keyboards. Traditional grand pianos are not up for this." (Eumjung)

"Who says that instruments have to be used in a "traditional" way? Don't you think you're just stuck up in your ways?" (Zhou Mi)

"It's okay, Mimi-ge." (Henry)

"Henry..." (Zhou Mi)

"I don't care but if you do keep commenting harsh things about my choice in music, I will take personal action." (Henry)

"Fine! Do what you want! But I'm warning you. I'm not the only one who cares about classical music." (Eumjung)

With that, Eumjung just storms out of the crowd, leaving Super Junior with expressions of both a little bit of fear and a whole lot of anger. Especially with Zhou Mi.

 

After that whole situation, they explained it to the others.

"So, he himself came to the filming site?" (Jungsoo)

"And said harsh things about Henry in person?" (Siwon)

"That's just inhumane!" (Donghae)

"Who says that violins shouldn't be used for modern music?" (Hyukjae)

"Well... him, I guess." (Kibum)

"So... now what?" (Jongwoon)

"Guys! Take a look at this." 

Youngwoon shows them a video on his phone. It was of the argument with Eumjung. They read the comments and...

"All of the commenters are on our side." (Henry)

"And they don't like Lim Eumjung's rants about you." (Zhou Mi)

Things have changed. People are discovering new ways to make music and how to do it with traditional instruments. But there are some, like Eumjung, who are opposed to the idea.

 

The next day, during a variety show filming...

"Henry-sshi. We saw your BTS medley. It's only been a day and the video already has over 3 million views." (MC)

"I wasn't expecting big numbers but I knew if I tried my best, people will appriciate it." (Henry)

"But we also heard that you and some of the others were in a heated fight with Lim Eumjung." (MC)

"Not much of a fight. Just a little argument. I know there are still people who are against traditional classical instruments being used for modern songs. But I ignore them and just play the songs with the instruments I choose." (Henry)

And that caught the attention of Eumjung's agency, Symphony Entertainment. The CEO is also very strict and sterotypical when it comes to classical music and it's instruments.

"Should I send it?" (CEO)

"Yes, sir." (Eumjung)

"And if they accept it, this will show them." (CEO)

"That classical instruments should not be used for modern music!"

"Remember, Eumjung. It's all on you." (CEO)

"Yes, sir. I won't let you down." (Eumjung)