007

You Got Me Too

 

 

 

Sophia glanced at her friend and pursed her lips, Chaeyeon was peering over the fridge, wanting to take a small bite of the apple pie Wonho brought.

“You know,” Sophia spoke, giving up.

“Hmm?”

“You and Son Hyunwoo…you two have the most adult and….unreasonable reasonable thing going on.”

“What?”

Heesoo grinned, she was sitting on the corner, occasionally glancing back at the living room. After the newcomer had announced who she was earlier, Minhyuk had dragged the girls to the kitchen because Wonho demanded that Aerin, the ex-girlfriend, remove herself from the property.

“I mean, how could you react like that? How are you both so cool with everything?”

“She didn’t even react.” Heesoo corrected her cousin, Chaeyeon sighed at the two.

“Chaeyeon, normal people don’t introduce themselves like that. Not..ever.”

“I know, but maybe she just wanted to talk. Did you see how Wonho oppa reacted to her? Maybe that’s why~”

“Oh my god, stop being so…reasonable. She looks like trouble.”

“And she dresses like a Muppet.” Heesoo added.

“Is that why you addressed her as “it”?” Sophia turned to her distracted, Minhyuk was silent as he sat on one of the stools, but he was grinning at the three. Heesoo gave the girl a thumbs up.

“A Muppet?” Chaeyeon echoed as she took out the apple pie.

“Sesame Street. You know, Big Bird, Elmo and the squad.” Heesoo explained, Chaeyeon pressed her lips together and shook her head at the girl.

“It’s just..Shownu already mentioned her a few days back, I just..I don’t know.” She shrugged, Minhyuk hopped down from his seat.

“Leave her be, maybe that..Aerin person just wanted to talk.”

“What does she want to talk about then? Stocks?” Sophia spat with a roll of her eyes.

“That or, she needs fashion advice. Have you seen those mules? Who is she trying to project? Pennywise from It?” Heesoo mused, and this time Sophia didn’t shush her.

 

 

 

Shownu could feel Wonho’s heavy gaze from the house as he walked towards Aerin, she was standing by her car, with her arms crossed.

“It’s your house, but Wonho oppa gets the final say.” She softly said, Shownu nodded back at her.

“We weren’t expecting you.”

“You’re not going to ask how I found out about your new place?” Aerin asked him, Shownu glanced over his shoulder again, he saw Chaeyeon chatting with Minhyuk by the kitchen windows.

“Should I?”

Aerin let out a chuckle and shook her head. She put her purse down on her BMW’s hood and met his gaze.

“I just wanted to talk, oppa. But you made it seem…like you don’t want to.”

“There’s nothing to talk about, we ended things long ago. And, you make Wonho uncomfortable.” Shownu replied and chewed on the insides of his cheek.

“I’m here for business, oppa. I’m sure you’ve heard of Baek Holdings’ proposal a few days ago. It has been assigned to me, the company’s directors seems to think that I’m the person for the job.” Aerin let out a small chuckle, Shownu’s forehead creased, finally giving her a reaction..

“Ah, work.” He repeated, and then he nodded at her.

“I’ll take note of it. Don’t worry.”

“Are you not going to invite me in? We can still be friends, right?”

Shownu was about to speak but the kitchen windows suddenly opened, Aerin’s eyes widened briefly as a girl wielding a knife appeared.

“Excuse me, if you’re done talking, can we eat now? I really am looking forward to watching that old slasher film we chose for the night. Although, if I may add,” Heesoo continued, Shownu could see Sophia trying to pull her cousin away from the window.

“I only set six plates, Son Hyunwoo. Finish up your business. Quickly. Don’t make me call for Jason to come get you.” She ended with a wink and the windows shut close.

Aerin’s eyes narrowed briefly, but she kept her smile on.

“You should get going. My friends are waiting.” Shownu said to her, he opened the car’s door for her. And then he made his way back to the front door without even looking back at her. Aerin in her cheeks, she got inside the vehicle and slammed the door.

Shownu got inside the home, everyone was already at the dining room. Wonho was chatting with Sophia as they set the table.

“Heesoo’s…a bit friendly.” Chaeyeon mused as she walked to him, Shownu raised his brows at her and then he smiled.

“Good for her. Good for us.” He mused back, she blinked back at him.

“Is everything alright?” She asked as she straightened the collar of his shirt, she let her palms rest on his shoulders, waiting for his reply.

“She wanted to talk about work, her company is working with ours, it’s this small project. It’s probably why it never reached me.” Shownu honestly said, Chaeyeon nodded back.

“Is that a bad thing? You don’t look so well.” She queried, Shownu smiled before leaning over to kiss her cheek.

“It’s okay, will you stay the night? I need help packing.” Shownu quickly said, Chaeyeon’s brows went up and then she laughed.

“That was very smooth, but okay. I’ll stay the night.”

“But,” Shownu asked as they joined the table, Wonho sat down across Heesoo.

“I’m curious, who’s Jason?” He asked, Heesoo’s gaze turned to him.

“My role model.”

“You’re a lawyer.” Minhyuk blinked at her, Shownu sat down beside Chaeyeon.

“You’ll meet Jason later, don’t worry.” Chaeyeon mused at her boyfriend before picking up her utensils, Sophia pursed her lips and eyed Wonho.

“Are you okay, oppa?”

Shownu looked up from his plate, his brows going up.

Wonho flashed her a smile and nodded.

“I’m okay, migraine.”

 

 

 

“Hyung, they’ve been good friends since infancy.” Song Kang mused from the back of the van, he had his phone in hand as he spoke to his manager.

“Who?”

“The young president and director Lee Minhyuk.”

“Right, they’re such a pretty couple.”

“They don’t seem like it. They are more like best friends.” Song Kang hummed back at him, his manager sent him a dry look.

“Why are you curious? So very curious.” The older male hummed, Song Kang paused and put his phone down.

“Your crush on her is getting a little too serious.”

“Why? Is the company going to say to no to crushes now?” Song Kang said dryly, his manager chuckled.

“All I’m saying is that, you should be careful. I don’t think it’s healthy to be interested in her. You know, she’s the person who hired you to be her company’s ambassador.”

Song Kang grinned at him and got his phone again, his brows rose as he received an email from Style Co., it contained his fitting schedules and some photos of the outfits they wanted him to wear.

“Are you talking about Oh Sehun’s sister?” His stylist spoke from the back, Song Kang turned to the older girl.

“What do you know, noona?”

“Well, her brother, Sehun, he’s always been a private person. He didn’t want his fans to find out details about his family. However, there’s always been interest in her, she’s young, she worked for Shinsegae for a bit and is now her own boss, right?”

Song Kang nodded along, interested.

“There was this rumor about her breaking things off with a rich boyfriend, things didn’t end well nicely between them. But after that, she’s been…under the radar, but she does often appear in articles with her brother.”

“So, she’s single?”

“Song Kang!” His manager hissed, the male grinned back at him.

“She probably is, you don’t see a man hanging around her, right? Ah, banking group son is her best friend. He’s dating this heiress from Taiwan. So,” She continued as she fixed his necklace.

“It’s safe to say that your crush is single. Not a lot of guys would have the guts to approach a woman like her, you're safe.”

 

 

 

“I don’t know, really. Oppa moved out a few days ago, his place is finally done. My parents,” Chaeyeon pursed her lips as she placed the bundle of sweaters on the bed.

“They’ve decided to stay at our Hannam place while our home is being renovated. But they haven’t reached…my side of the house yet, so I think I’ll be okay.” She continued, Shownu looked at her.

“How long will they be working your home?”

“Maybe six months? I don’t know, oppa said I could stay with him at his new place, but that’s just…too challenging.” She shook her head at him.

“You can stay here. I mean, this place is going to be empty most days of the week anyway.” Shownu offered.

“Ah, so, when you’re home for weekends, should I not be here?” She mused back at him, Shownu chuckled.

“You know what I mean. If you want to, you can stay here.” Shownu said to her, Chaeyeon nodded at him.

“Fuss free Shownu. But thanks for the offer, oppa’s place is a bit far from work.” She murmured as she picked up one of his hoodies.

“Can I borrow this?” She asked him, waving the gray Balenciaga hoodie above her head. He nodded back at her, and then he paused.

“Why aren’t you asking questions?”

The girl paused and turned to him.

“She was here, Chaeyeon-ah. And with the way she introduced herself, I…I was…worried you’d misinterpret.”

Chaeyeon paused and she her lips.

“I want to. But, I don’t know what to ask.”

“Really?”

“Wonho oppa told her to get out the moment he saw her. I’ve never seen him react like that.” She said, Shownu paused, not expecting that question.

“They…never got along. Wonho…does not like her.” Shownu nodded back at her, he tossed his cellphone charger in his bag and pursed his lips. He plopped down on the couch and ed the first two buttons of his shirt.

“He made it pretty obvious earlier.”

“Things didn’t really end well between us, Chaeyeon-ah. I just…talking about her is a bit,” Shownu chewed on his lower lip, Chaeyeon paused and looked at him.

“It feels weird.” He finished, Chaeyeon nodded and she sat down next to him.

“Her choice of footwear is a bit weird.” She giggled, Shownu’s brows rose and he tugged her to his chest.

“Huh, maybe I should stop hanging out with Heesoo for a few days.” Chaeyeon pulled back from him and tilted her head.

Shownu laughed and girl nestled on his chest again.

“I hate having to leave downtown. Can I just put you in my pocket and take you with me?”

“Ew.”

Shownu guffawed and kissed the top of her head.

“That’s my girl.”

“Son Hyunwoo?”

“Hmm?”

“I know you’re not entirely sold on having to move to Busan for work, but you can always call me if things are too much for you.” She said as she raised her face to look at him.

“I can?” Shownu was smiling, his tone playful.

“You got me.” Chaeyeon mused back before pressing her lips against his.

“But please call during business hours, okay?” She added with a grin as she pulled back.

“I’ll keep that in mind, ice cream?” He asked her, and then before waiting for a reply, he put his arms underneath the girl and lifted her up.

Chaeyeon squealed but she was laughing.

“I see, so this is how I get a reaction from you. I almost thought you’d say hi to Aerin.” Shownu mused as he put her over one shoulder.

“Should I say hi to her like the way you say hi to me?” Chaeyeon shot back, Shownu snorted.

“I’m the only one who says hi to you like that, right?”

“I’m not sure. It’s a secret.” Chaeyeon said in hushed tones, Shownu chuckled and squeezed her waist as he went down the steps.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++