046

You Got Me Too

Eight years later

20XX

 

 

 

“So, we can’t have elephants here at home?”

Chaeyeon’s lips curled up as she poured coffee on her mug, she leaned against the counter and faced the rosy-cheeked toddler.

“Yes, but, your father will probably approve of a dog.” She replied, the girl squealed in excitement as she grabbed her glass of milk.

“It’s a weekend, do you want to go somewhere?” Chaeyeon asked as she sat down beside her daughter. The toddler’s lips puckered up, deep in thought.

“How about that park you saw on TV the other day?” Chaeyeon asked the six-year-old as she brushed the bits of rice off her cheeks.

“But, eomma, must we take the twins?” Areum said with a pout, Chaeyeon laughed at her eldest before kissing her cheek.

“We kind of have to, darling.” She spoke, she heard footsteps approaching, and the two Son women looked up.

“Eomma!”

Shownu was grinning as he walked in, he had Daehyun on his shoulder, while the older twin, Kanghyun strode in while running his hands through his hair.

“Hello, boys.” Chaeyeon grew amused, Daehyun turned his head away, still sleepy.

"Good morning, eomma," Daehyun mumbled back, while Kanghyun blew her a kiss.

“Did Minhyuk call you the other day?” Shownu asked as he put their youngest down on his baby chair, Chaeyeon nodded back in reply.

“He did. It’s about the party. He says to be on time.” She mused, Shownu rolled his eyes and kissed her cheek before sitting beside Areum.

“Good morning, princess.” Shownu cooed before kissing the top of her head.

“Eomma says we can’t have elephants here at home.” She frowned at him, Chaeyeon stifled a laugh as she helped Kanghyun to his chair.

“E..Ele—phants?” Kanghyun echoed, he pointed to his nose.

“Yes, your noona wants elephants here at home.” Chaeyeon kissed his nose, the three-year-old beamed at her. Daehyun let out a yawn and started grabbing towards his bowl.

“Elephants?” Shownu repeated and glanced at his wife, she shrugged at him.

“This is on you, Son Hyunwoo.” She mused at him before taking a seat.

“But, a puppy will be okay too, appa. I like dogs.” Areum nodded while chewing, Shownu smiled at the girl. Chaeyeon glanced over the two, ever since Areum was born, Shownu almost never said no to their eldest. He became one of those dads.

She smiled to herself and helped Daehyun with his food.

“Eomma, a puppy. With…blue eyes?” Areum spoke again, she reached out for a piece of apple and handed it to Kanghyun with a smile.

“Blue eyes? What kind of dog is that?” Shownu turned to Chaeyeon again.

“I think she means a Husky. That’s a common breed. It won’t be hard to look for one.” Chaeyeon smiled at him, Shownu nodded at his daughter.

And that was it. The deal was done.

“So, we’re getting a Siberian Husky? Nice.” Chaeyeon said as she started eating, she wasn’t sure if it was because their father was so calm, but her children were never rowdy and they seldom threw tantrums in the morning. Like now, Daehyun was sleepy, but he was eating quietly while occasionally asking for his father to help him with his food.

Kanghyun was chatting with his sister, whiel Areum remained patient with the twins.

“Are we going to Minah unnie’s birthday later?” Areum asked again, Shownu nodded before taking a sip from his coffee.

“We are, your uncle wouldn’t let me live if we skip that, baby.” Chaeyeon scrunched her nose at her, Areum smiled back.

“You’re not needed at work today?” Shownu asked as he turned to face her. Chaeyeon shook her head and picked up some bacon.

“But, I have to pick up oppa from the airport later.”

“Uncle Sehun!” Daehyun blurted out cheerfully, Shownu smiled and patted his head.

“Do you need me to come with you?” Shownu asked her while reaching out to tuck a lock of her hair behind her ear.

“No, it’ll be fine. His fans no longer crowd around the airport just to see him. It’s better now.”

“Still, call me if something comes up.”

 

 

 

“He said that his fans no longer do this.” Chaeyeon said through gritted teeth as dozens of girls crowded by the exit, her brother was finally flying home after being in Beijing for months to shoot a movie and a drama. How he does that, she had no idea.

The four Samsung guards were smiling as they heard her grumble. She leaned against the car and looked at the chaos, cameras and phones were all pointed towards the doors.

“I’m not even getting paid for this.” She muttered under her breath, she smiled back as some of Sehun’s fans recognized her.

“It’s a good thing that the vice president called us to accompany you, ma’am.” One of the guards spoke, Chaeyeon pursed her lips, Shownu had finally joined his Samsung family three years ago, leaving Minhyuk to watch over the family’s banking corporation. But, Wonho needed more hands on deck with Samsung.

“Your boss can be a little too paranoid sometimes.”

“I don’t think he was being paranoid, ma’am.” The guard threw another look at the crowd, Chaeyeon rolled her eyes at him. And then doors opened, her hands flew to her ears. The screaming was still there.

“Oppa? That’s my oppa too.” She mused to herself as Sehun appeared by the doors, he was smiling as he removed his sunglasses and greeted his fans.

Sehun finally reached her, his two managers excused themselves and discreetly pulled away.

“Thanks for coming by, Yeon.” Sehun grinned before giving her a hug, Chaeyeon smiled and patted his back. The guards surrounded them as the car arrived, Sehun slid inside first followed by his sister.

“Why didn’t you ask the company to pick you up instead? I mean, they usually arrange it for you.” Chaeyeon spoke as she handed a bottle of water to her sibling.

“They did tell me that they made arrangements, but…I just don’t want people finding out yet.” Sehun carefully said as he took a small sip, Chaeyeon smiled and nodded.

“I see best wishes are~”

“Shh.” Sehun hissed at her, she grinned in reply and leaned back on the seat.

“How are my favorite kids? Areum called and asked if there were elephants in Beijing.” Sehun said with a chuckle, he leaned over and noticed the sandwiches beside him, he started to eat.

“The twins start play school in a few months, Areum, so far, she’s only complained about school once.” Chaeyeon said with a small grin, Sehun took out a small Dior paper bag and handed it to her.

“I love it when you go on trips.” She hummed back at him as she picked up a sandwich.

“What did she complain about?”

“Her classmate, no, seatmate was a little too noisy for her. And, the said boy kept on talking to her. She didn’t like it very much.”

“Oh my god, she’s you.” Sehun chortled as he took another a bite.

“No. She takes after her father a lot, actually, all three of them are just like Shownu.” She said with an amused smile.

“But, Areum looks just like you when we were kids.” Sehun commented as they reached the main road, Chaeyeon smiled and nodded.

“She’s kind of the boss of the house now. Areum’s word is the law.” She chuckled to herself.

“But enough about me, how’s Seri doing? I wanted to come by her office last week, but I didn’t want to disturb her.”

“She’s a bit busy with preparations, it’s next month. We still have to talk about announcing it to the public.” Sehun replied with an easy smile.

“I see that she’s worried about it?”

“A bit.”

“But things are different now, oppa. I’m sure there won’t be any trouble.”

“I hope so. Still, if something happens, I have my powerful sister fixing things for me, right?” Sehun jokingly said, Chaeyeon sighed and slapped his arm.

“I’m being serious, oppa. I’m sure she’s anxious about the announcement. You should see her once you’re finished with work.”

“Actually, I’d like to be dropped off at Seri’s office now. Is that possible, madam?” Sehun mused, Chaeyeon wanted to roll her eyes, but she spoke to the driver.

“Minah’s turning eight, right? We should get her something.” Sehun nodded to himself.

“She’s into books now, she loves reading.”

“She did not get that from Minhyuk.” Sehun laughed, Chaeyeon nodded along.

“Sophia is quite the bookworm, anyway, please tell Seri I say hi. Will I see her later?”

The car pulled to a slow halt, Sehun nodded back.

“Of course, we’ll be there. Thanks for picking me up.”

“I’ll drop your things off at your place. See you later.”

Sehun grinned, he gave her a quick hug before leaving the vehicle.

“Ma’am?”

Chaeyeon looked up, her brows rose.

“The vice president would like to speak with you. It seems that you left your phone at~”

“Crap!” She muttered as she took the phone from him, the guard and the driver exchanged grins.

Some things just never change.

 

 

 

“I’m sorry, son. I didn’t expect that they would want to close the deal right away.” Chairman Son said as he left his seat and made way for his grandson. Shownu watched as his father helped Daehyun onto the leather chair.

“It’s fine, we only have that party tonight. So, we’re not busy.” Shownu shrugged, Areum was seated on the carpeted floor, concentrating on her coloring book.

“How’s Chaeyeon doing? I hope work isn’t too much for her.”

“Chaeyeon’s well. She’s bound to fly to Jeju for a convention, I’m thinking of joining her. And, bringing the kids as well.”

Kanghyun raised his head and stretched his arms for his father, Shownu smiled and picked him up.

“That’s good. A change of scenery will be refreshing for them.” Mr. Son continued, Shownu was about to reply when the doors opened and Chaeyeon appeared with Wonho behind her.

“Am I late? I am.” Wonho murmured, Chaeyeon grinned at him.

“We met at the elevator. Good afternoon, abeonim.” Chaeyeon said before giving the elder a quick hug, Shownu grinned at his cousin.

“What happened?”

“I got stuck in a debate between a pink tutu dress or a lavender flower dress.” Wonho replied with a sheepish grin, Chaeyeon let out a laugh.

“Haeun and Heesoo?” Shownu mused, Wonho sighed and plopped down on one of the leather seats.

“Mother and daughter are both very particular when it comes to clothes.” Wonho nodded before closing eyes, Mr. Son grinned and patted his shoulder.

“How’s Sehun? Did he get in okay?” Shownu asked as Chaeyeon sat down beside him.

“Yes, with screaming fans and all. Thanks for sending the guards by the way. And,”

Shownu rolled his eyes and took out a small device from his coat pocket.

“Oops.” She murmured as she took her phone from him, Shownu snorted in reply.

“Eomma,” Daehyun waddled towards her and the boy climbed to her lap, Wonho smiled and reached out to muss his hair.

“I’m hungry. Can we go eat?” Daehyun softly murmured before wrapping his arms around her neck.

“What does our Daehyun feel like eating?” Mr. Son chimed in, the boy frowned and simply buried his face in his mother’s hair.

“Definitely Shownu’s son, they all get grumpy when they’re hungry.” Wonho laughed as he stretched his legs.

“Anyway, I have to get going. I need to fetch your mother from the mall. I’ll see you all tonight.” Chairman Son spoke, they stood up as he left the room.

“How is Heesoo doing, oppa? Do you already know the gender?” Chaeyeon excitedly asked, Shownu stood up and helped Areum up.

“It’s going to be a boy, we were at the doctor’s yesterday.” Wonho continued, Shownu smiled at his cousin.

“Congratulations!” Chaeyeon cheerily said, Daehyun turned to his uncle and gave him a thumbs up.

“Deep inside he wants another daughter.” Shownu jokingly said, Chaeyeon slapped Wonho’s arm and the male actually had the audacity to wince.

“Oppa, you shouldn’t ch~”

“I didn’t! I just commented having two daughters would be nice.”

“Most men would want sons.” Chaeyeon blinked at Shownu, he shook his head at her.

“Hey, I gave you two!” Chaeyeon said to him, he laughed and shook his head again.

“I mean, I don’t…I never really..had a preference.” He mused at her and hugged Kanghyun closer to him while whispering.

“Your eomma’s being mean to me.”

“Don’t worry, appa. I’ll protect you.” The twin murmured back, Wonho guffawed and Chaeyeon sighed.

“But you already have Haeun, it would be nice to have a mini Wonho running around.” Chaeyeon said as she fixed her hair.

“A mini uncle Wonho.” Areum chuckled, the toddle walked over to her uncle.

“Hi, princess.” Wonho smiled back at her.

“How about two mini Minhyuks?” Shownu suggested, Chaeyeon and Wonho grimaced at his suggestion.

“One adult Minhyuk is actually already hard to deal with. Why would you want two?”

“True, headache. Very true.”

 

 

 

Chaeyeon leaned against the wooden fence as she watched the children run around, Haeun, Minah and Areum were playing tag with bubble guns in hand. While the Son twins were with Minhyuk and Sophia’s four year old son, Minjun.

“We did well, huh?”

She turned, Minhyuk had joined her and handed her one of the dinosaur-themed cupcake.

“I thought Minah already got over her dino phase.” She mused as she poked the T-rex’s head, Minhyuk chuckled.

“I don’t think she’ll ever get over it.”

“Heesoo’s starting to show, I’m excited. I’m glad she made up with her father. I’ve never seen uncle so happy.”

“It wasn’t easy.” Minhyuk agreed, Chaeyeon felt his gaze on her.

“What is it? You look like you have a lot to say.”

“Earlier, I saw you and Shownu hyung walk in with the kids, and I just…I had a flashback. And no, I’m not going to make me being your matchmaker jokes.”

“You literally fed the idea, Lee Minhyuk.” She pointed out, the male rolled his eyes.

“I mean, look at us now, I have two kids, somehow, I tricked Sophia Wu into marrying me.”

Chaeyeon laughed and took a bite of her cupcake.

“Then there’s you, and my cousin. I never really…imagined it, you know. When he first got back from Bali, it never did cross my mind that you’d be his endgame. And, it’s kind of..I don’t know, it made me feel sentimental?”

“But admit it, when you said those words, about hiring someone to be my fake boyfriend, you were already thinking it, huh? You know your cousin well, you know how he is. You knew he’d somehow throw himself into the fire.”

A mischievous smile started to form on his lips, Chaeyeon let out a laugh.

“I knew it.”

“He was already staring too much, Yeon. I noticed it.”

“Good move, I guess.” She replied with a chuckle, Minhyuk laughed and pulled her closer to his side.

“See, I’d really somehow become your family. You’re stuck with me now.” He cackled, Sophia appeared by the cake and waved them over.

“Time to get cake.” Minhyuk said as he let go of her and hopped over to his wife, Chaeyeon smiled as she watched the family of four pose for photos.

“What was that?” Shownu was walking towards her, Chaeyeon smiled and shook her head. She leaned over to fix the collar of his shirt.

“Minhyuk finally admitted to something.”

“Which is?” He asked as he stood beside her and gently wrapped one arm around her.

“Remember..back then, when we just met?”

“Which time? Bali?” He jokingly said as he kissed the side of her head, Chaeyeon snorted.

“The whole boyfriend issue?”

“Of course, I do.”

“It was..Minhyuk’s plan all along, you know.” She whispered with a smile, she felt Shownu chuckle quietly.

“I know.”

“You knew?” She turned to face him, Shownu slowly nodded back and scrunched his nose at her.

“So…Why would you do that?” She blinked at him.

“If I didn’t do that I wouldn’t have what I have now.”

“Ah.”

“And, I happen to really like what I have now. Actually, I love it. A lot.”

“Oh my god, no.” She grimaced, Shownu smiled before leaning down to give her a quick kiss.

“You got me.” He said as he pulled back, Chaeyeon smiled back nodded.

“Always.” She replied before placing her hand in his, the two joined the Lees for photos with the twins in Shownu’s arms and Areum holding onto her mother’s other hand.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

 

THE END (01/16/2021- 12/11/2021)

 

thank you so much for reading!!

-bluestone :>

 

 

 

 

p