023

You Got Me Too

 

 

 

Chaeyeon smiled as she excused herself from her parents, she looked around, realizing Heesoo had not arrived yet.

“Chaeyeon-ah,” Minhyuk reached her, she looked at him.

“Heesoo?” She asked as he held onto his arm, the two friends made their way towards the buffet table.

“Soph texted her earlier, she said she’s running late. But,”

“Did I do okay? Public speeches really aren’t my thing.” She murmured, Minhyuk chuckled and picked up a plate for her.

“That’s why we hired a celebrity.”

“Exactly.” She mused back, she looked around the party again, she saw Shownu chatting with Wonho and some of her cousins by the corner of the room.

“I see you and the actor have gotten close, how’s the collab going along?” Minhyuk asked as he walked towards their table.

“We’re in the middle of finalizing some sketches, and we’ll have samples by next week. You’re already on my list for approval.” Chaeyeon said as she started eating, her eyes went to Choi Minho in the crowd, she turned to Minhyuk.

“I know my family has dealings with ChoiSan too, but, I didn’t know he was…going to come,” Chaeyeon began, Minhyuk followed her gaze.

“I don’t know, maybe he wants to get in Heesoo’s good side. If that such thing exists.” He shrugged, Chaeyeon caught the male’s gaze and he smiled at her. The girl smiled back at him before speaking again.

“I don’t know if I’m...sensing things wrong, but Wonho oppa doesn’t seem to like him.” She stated, Minhyuk snorted at her.

“What does that mean?” She nudged her shoe with his, she felt a presence beside her and she blinked.

“I see you finally have the time to eat, people were all over you earlier.” Song Kang smiled at her, Minhyuk rolled his eyes so hard that only the whites could be seen.

“I know, it’s been hectic. Have you eaten?” She asked him, Song Kang smiled and pushed a glass of juice towards her.

“I noticed you like~”

“Chaeyeon-ah,”

Song Kang watched as the girl turned and her brows rose. Minhyuk grinned and leaned back on his seat.

“What is it?” Chaeyeon immediately stood up, Shownu glanced over his shoulder.

“Wonho stepped out first, something came up with Heesoo. He wanted me to tell you..that.” Shownu seemed confused as well, Chaeyeon nodded back at him.

“Do you want something else to drink?” His eyes went towards the table, Chaeyeon gave him a pleading smile.

“I’ll go check with the bar, continue eating.” He said before turning away from their group, Song Kang looked at the girl.

“You don’t like juice, miss Oh?” He said with a smile, Chaeyeon paused before speaking. Minhyuk shook his head, he saw Sophia talking with a few of their friends.

“I was actually looking for something with a kick. Like..a drink.” Chaeyeon said, a little shy. The latter was about to stand but Shownu returned with a drink in hand.

“Oh god, I do not want to be here.” He whispered to himself.

“Have you eaten?” Chaeyeon turned to him, he nodded back.

“I did, do you need anything else?” Shownu asked, he took a quick glance at Song Kang sitting beside the girl.

“A purple Lamborghini.” Chaeyeon shot back with a smile, Shownu chuckled and nodded back at her.

“I’m joking!” She quickly said, seeing as he was about to take his phone out.

“I need to call Busan for a bit. Enjoy your meal.” Shownu mused at her before making his way towards the door, Minhyuk narrowed his eyes at his cousin’s retreating figure.

“He should have sat here and marked his territory, why is he so relaxed?” He grumbled to himself as Song Kang tried to chat with his best friend again.

But what Minhyuk did not see was how Shownu paused by the doors and turned to glance at their table again.

 

 

 

Heesoo leaned back on the sofa and stared at her laptop’s screen. Her father’s office had just released an announcement hours ago, and it was about her engagement. Although, it never mentioned Heesoo’s name, but people were so quick to piece things together. There was already a photo of Minho being posted all over the articles too.

She pinched the bridge of her nose and shut her eyes close, her boss was calling her, probably asking about it. She still had no idea how the firm would take it, she did file a leave of absence, and she still needed to fly back to check on her cases.

She tossed her laptop away and it landed on the floor with a loud thud, she exhaled and stood up, the girl was about to get herself something to drink when the doorbell rang.

She made her way towards the door, she saw Wonho on the screen and she yanked it open.

“I knew you’d be here.” He said with a small smile as he raised the KFC bag with him, Heesoo sighed and let him in.

“You make it sound as if I have my own place here and I don’t crash at Sophia Wu’s crib.”

Wonho grinned and walked himself to the kitchen, Heesoo padded after her.

“I was just about to leave when I saw the articles. I just…I don’t know what to do about it.” She grumbled as she helped him unpack the food.

“There are still articles up?”

“The original ones have been taken down, but…you know, the damage has been done.” She said, and then the girl paused, her eyes went to him. Wonho was pouring the gravy onto another bowl.

“Was it you?”

“Hmm?”

“The articles..they were taken down so fast that I barely got to save screenshots.” She blinked at him, Wonho gave her a small shrug.

“Wonho,”

“What?” He said as he picked up a piece chicken and made his way to the living room, Heesoo walked after him.

“Did you do that? A few websites have been wiped out too.”

“Hmm, I heard that could be done.” Wonho picked up the remote and plopped down on the couch.

“What did~”

“I did say that I’d take care of it.” Wonho spoke, Heesoo paused as the male gave her one of his usual warm smiles.

“I—I didn’t know~”

“Can you bring the chicken here? Let’s watch a movie while we eat.”

Heesoo turned towards the kitchen and pressed her lips together.

“I…I didn’t know he was serious about it.” She mumbled to herself before returning to the living room. Wonho was smiling as the girl plopped next to him.

“Still, I thought you were just joking about it. I can talk to him and my father~”

“I wasn’t joking. I’ll take care of it, you’ve decided, right?” He suddenly turned his gaze to her, Heesoo blinked back, surprised with his proximity.

“Y—Yes. I’ll go get us soda.” She muttered as she made a beeline for the kitchen again.

 

 

 

“I know, we are bound to discuss that as well.” Minhyuk rolled his eyes at Chaeyeon, the two were walking ahead of Sophia and Shownu while chatting.

“You have to be there too. It’s a big project. I don’t want to go alone.” She whined as she hooked arms with him, Minhyuk scoffed.

“Alone? What about secretary Yang? Shownu hyung?”

“You know what I mean.” Chaeyeon made a face at her friend, her eyes went to the doors, Song Kang was talking with his manager, clearly waiting for their van.

“He brought good PR, and sales too. Not a bad move.” Minhyuk said as he followed her gaze.

“He did. He’s super creative too, that’s a plus. Especially for the collab, sometimes a little help can be good for me. It’s so hard to predict what men want.” She stated, Minhyuk saw how the young actor’s eyes went to them, then it went to her arm around his.

“What men want,” Minhyuk hummed, Song Kang gave them both a wave, but his eyes were on Chaeyeon.

“Have a good night, Chaeyeon and director Lee.” He said to them, Chaeyeon smiled at him.

“You too. Good work, Style Co.’s face.” She said as she walked towards them, Minhyuk shook his head.

“Why does she have to be so~”

“Did you see this?” Sophia grabbed him by the arm, Shownu was already staring at his phone.

“What are you talking about?” Minhyuk murmured as his girlfriend handed him her phone, and then he paused.

“Oh no.” Minhyuk blurted out, Shownu pressed his lips together and he looked up.

“I know things haven’t been going well between them, but how could uncle do this?” Sophia sighed, she ran her fingers through her hair as she tried calling her cousin.

Chaeyeon was chatting with Song Kang and his manager, and then she started laughing.

“I know, I know. I did notice, and they all took photos.” She said, Song Kang nodded back, and then he stretched one hand towards her and was about to brush a lock of her hair behind her ear.

“Chaeyeon-ah,” Shownu spoke, the girl turned and Song Kang put his hand down.

“The car’s at the basement, should I drive up here?” Shownu asked, Chaeyeon smiled at him before excusing herself from the two males.

“Don’t, let’s go down together. What’s going on?” Chaeyeon asked as she reached them, Shownu took a glance at the actor again, he was already in the process of getting in his van with his staff.

“Someone…well, uncle’s office announced about Heesoo’s engagement. They didn’t mention the name of the fiancé, but ChoiSan is already being linked to her.” Sophia sighed, Chaeyeon tilted her head.

“What a mess. That’s probably why she didn’t come tonight.” Chaeyeon said as Shownu pulled her to him and tucked the girl under his chin while she spoke with Soph.

“I think so. This…won’t sit well with her.”

“Then, why isn’t the other side doing something? Shouldn’t ChoiSan be reacting too? It’s only right that they do.” Minhyuk commented with a small frown.

“What if he secretly likes Heesoo? Wouldn’t that be cute?” Chaeyeon blurted out, Minhyuk, Sophia and even Shownu paused at her words.

“W—What did I say something wrong?” She blinked at them, Shownu let out chuckle and let go of her.

“Where have you been all this time, young miss?” Sophia asked her.

“Are you..blind?” Minhuyk asked, and Chaeyeon slapped his arm.

“What are you they talking about?” She turned to Shownu and held onto his hand.

“Who else isn’t here?” He asked her as the group walked towards the elevator, Chaeyeon looked around.

“Wonho oppa.” She said, Shownu nodded at her and then she halted.

“Oh. Oh!

 

 

 

“I…had a feeling about it, I didn’t know…it was serious.” Chaeyeon said as she glanced at Shownu, his eyes were on the TV screen.

“I mean, on Wonho oppa’s side.” She said with a yawn as she inched closer to him, Shownu opened one arm to her.

“Why are you so quiet? I mean, quieter than usual.” She said again, Shownu’s lips curled up.

“Wonho…he's strangely overprotective of her, and very careful too. I noticed that.” He replied, Chaeyeon pursed her lips before wrapping her arms around his neck and laying her head on his chest, she faced the screen.

“That’s cute, but Heesoo…does she know?” She said, Shownu chuckled and kissed the top of her head.

“Do you think he’d tell her right away? Your friend can be scary.”

“I mean, I don’t know. I hope Choi Minho doesn’t get in the way then, I guess. But, it’s her choice.” She mumbled, her arms tightening around him. Shownu’s lips curled he nudged the girl, wanting her to face him.

“Hmm?” Chaeyeon mumbled as she looked at him, a little groggy.

“Choi Minho doesn’t seem to be her type. I mean, those…types.” She let out a small sleepy shrug.

“I drive back to Busan tomorrow, should we go out for breakfast?” He asked as he pulled her closer and pressed his lips against hers. Chaeyeon let out a small sigh before kissing him back.

“A big breakfast?” She asked as she slightly pulled back, their lips still touching. Shownu nodded, his hands running across her back.

“The party was tiring, huh?” He asked her, Chaeyeon scrunched her nose.

“It was eh.

Eh?” Shownu repeated, Chaeyeon smiled before speaking.

“It was a launch party, yes. But it was all for press, you know. Basically a show for Song Kang.” She trailed off, a little distracted, Shownu nodded.

“Now that we’re talking, why are they so beautiful? Did you get them done? This so unfair.” She stated, Shownu grew confused, the girl was staring at his lips.

“What?” He laughed as he gently tugged on her waist, so that she was lying on top of him.

“Your lips. They’re so…pretty. All full and pouty. What the hell?” She said, he let out another laugh.

“How’s working with Song Kang? Is it okay?” Shownu asked, the girl let out another shrug.

“It’s work, what do you think?” She replied before pressing her cheek against his chest, wanting to sleep.

“Is he okay? Fun to work with?” He asked her, the girl mumbled and nodded without looking at him.

“Can I go back to my pillow now?” She murmured, Shownu smiled before dropping his arms to his sides, Chaeyeon smiled and faced him.

“You’ll fly to Hawaii with us, right? I know you’re busy, but…come.” She muttered, Shownu nodded.

“I was already planning too.”

Chaeyeon beamed at him before leaning peck him on the lips.

“On one condition though,” Shownu said in a playful tone as she settled down beside him, he turned to the girl.

“What is it?” Chaeyeon asked as she pulled the covers towards her.

“Call me if something ever bothers you. No matter how small it may be.” He said to her.

“I always do that.” She pointed out, Shownu slowly nodded back at her.

“Something or someone.” He said, Chaeyeon nodded back before closing her eyes.

“Good night, Oh Chaeyeon.”

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++