038

You Got Me Too

 

 

 

“This doesn’t seem like….a Son Hyunwoo move, but..okay.” Sophia murmured as she zoomed in on the photo of Chaeyeon and the said male.

“I agree, but it’s kind of..cute of them. A bit showy, but, it seems appropriate.” Heesoo commented as she picked up one of the white chocolate macadamia cookies from the table, the two girls were at Wonho’s office, chatting.

“Our grandparents are very pleased about it.” Wonho commented, he had buried with work ever since they arrived.

“Really? But it’s all over the rumor websites, I thought..your family doesn’t enjoy that type of thing, oppa.” Sophia blinked at him, Heesoo let out a small yawn.

“True, but,” Wonho pulled away from his desk, he stood up and joined the two.

“Please don’t tell headache, this might scare her or something,” He said as he sat down beside Heesoo and grabbed a cupcake.

“Our grandparents..ever since they found out that Shownu is seeing Chaeyeon, they’ve always wanted her to be part of the family. So, him doing that and being public about it is something they secretly celebrated over.” He grinned at the end.

“They love her, and it also doesn’t hurt that your grandmother and grandma Oh were besties back in their high school days.” Sophia chuckled as she took another cookie, and then she smelled it. Her face crumpled, Wonho and Heesoo stared at her, waiting for her reaction.

“You were really into it a few minutes ago.” Heesoo mused at her cousin, Sophia sighed and put the cookie down.

“I don’t know, it suddenly started to smell weird.”

“The baby probably has Minhyuk’s pickiness. Oh no.” Wonho teasingly said, Heesoo leaned back on the couch.

“I don’t want to comment, but I saw the articles last night. Well, my secretary is a big fan of Chaeyeon’s brother…she sent me articles about the Oh siblings working together for the clothing line. So, is Song Kang…out of the picture now? I’m kind of lost.” Heesoo commented, Wonho chuckled and playfully mussed her hair.

“Oh, is it…has it gone that bad?” She blinked at the two.

“Well, Song Kang is now only the company’s ambassador, the collab will be with Sehun. It..was kind of Shownu’s idea for Chaeyeon to work with her brother.” Sophia replied, she was smiling.

“Oh. Oh!” Heesoo slowly nodded.

“Ah, I see it now.” The Jung girl blurted out again, Wonho smiled at her.

“You do?”

“Wow, it’s always the quiet ones, huh?” Heesoo nodded to herself, Sophia gave her a thumbs up.

 

 

 

Chaeyeon pursed her lips as she paced by the windows, her brother had a quick shoot yesterday, donning some of the company’s newest pieces. Her PR team had uploaded some raw photos to their website and she was quite anxious how the public would react to it.

The girl was about to ask for another coffee when her phone started to ring, she looked at the screen and slid the green icon.

“Hi,” Her voice came out as a sigh, Shownu let out a small chuckle from the other end.

“Is this a bad time?”

“No, I’m..just a little…I don’t know, maybe it’s because it’s my first time working with the superstar brother, but enough about that. Distract me.” She mumbled, Shownu smiled before speaking.

“Okay, I will.”

“Actually, I was calling to..about the other day, at the party,”

“Is this because of the photo? Because, I don’t….it doesn’t bother me. I don’t see how it should.” She shrugged, typical of Chaeyeon to not ponder on things.

“I’m glad that it doesn’t. But, this isn’t about that, well I think partly it is.”

“Okay, shoot.”

“I realized that I may have said some heavy things, and that might have made you feel pressured, Chaeyeon-ah. I just want you to now that I meant all of them, and I’m in no way…..pressuring you into anything or trying to tie you down.”

Chaeyeon paused, she was staring at the building across the street.

“What?” She asked, confused.

“I mentioned things that I think…we should talk about first before I just casually throw them around.”

“Who did you throw now?” She sighed at him, Shownu grew quiet. Chaeyeon smiled to herself, she could actually hear how bothered he was. Son Hyunwoo was quite easy to read.

“You sound so wounded up, impressive boyfriend. Relax.” Chaeyeon said as she went back to her chair.

“I get where you’re going, and no, you did not make me feel that way. I actually…didn’t realize until you mentioned it now.” She grew sheepish, Shownu paused from the other end.

“I just…I guess it doesn’t bother me, Shownu. I mean, I don’t feel any pressure, at all.”

“Really?” He replied, Chaeyeon chuckled and nodded.

“The whole dating to marry thing never really struck me until you mentioned it now, but…I just…things with..you have never given me anything to..lose sleep over on? I don’t know what else to say, but please get what I’m saying.”

“I get you.”

“So, are you good now? Or, do you need me to drive there to check on you?” She was teasing, Shownu laughed before speaking.

“Will your father hate me if you don’t join Kia at all and just live here with me instead?”

“He will.” Her answer was quick, but the girl was smiling.

“Are you okay? How’s work?”

“I transfer offices tomorrow, Wonho oppa volunteered to come over. Minhyuk said he’ll bring food, he’s never really much help. So, I’m good.”

“You sound excited.” Shownu replied.

“He got me a popcorn maker for my new office.”

“A what?”

Chaeyeon giggled excitedly.

“Do you need something else?”

“Hmmm, there’s this Sailor Moon ballpen set that was released last month, but it got sold out right away.”

“A pen set?”

“It seems cute to sign Kia documents with it.” She was playful, Shownu chuckled.

“I’ll see you next week, Chaeyeon-ah. I’m sorry I have to go, I have a meeting in a bit.”

 

 

 

“I warned you.”

Song Kang looked up from his plate of pasta, his manager had come to his place to deliver some food and clothes for him. He had an event to attend later in the afternoon.

“I’m sure you saw the photo.”

“I did.” Song Kang’s forehead creased, he set his fork down and looked away.

“You got in his nerves, Kang. You’re lucky it didn’t get serious.”

“I am supposed to be worried because this guy’s rich as hell and happens to be one of the Samsung hotshots?” Song Kang shot back.

His manager sighed and turned to him.

“No, it’s not that. It’s the fact that you were trying to get in between two people who are very much in love with each other. You wanted to destroy that.”

Song Kang turned quiet and he left his seat.

“It’s true, the boyfriend is a powerful guy. But, don’t you see it? If..she was interested in you, then something would have happened.”

“Hyung, you’re siding with him because his money scares you.”

“If it got out that you were trying to get in between them, how will that work for you?”

“Hyung, I~”

“If your fans find out? The company? The people in your team? What’s going to happen then?”

Song Kang pushed his plate away from him, he grabbed his phone and left the condo. The young actor made his way towards the elevator, but his phone started to ring.

His brows went up, seeing Chaeyeon’s name flashing on the screen.

 

 

 

Shownu groaned as he felt the sun’s rays on his face, he let out a groan, realizing that he had forgotten to fix the curtains before heading to bed. He had come home late from work last night, and he could feel a headache coming. He turned over and stretched his arm over to other side of the bed, he paused, realizing it was empty.

He stilled for a moment, confused and then he slowly sat up and stared at the empty space beside him.

“Right.” He mumbled to himself as he slid down from the bed and stretched his arms.

He made his way down to the kitchen and grabbed his laptop, he was about to open his emails when the doorbell suddenly rang. Shownu paused, confused, surely his secretary wouldn’t come over, he didn’t need him to.

Shownu grabbed a shirt before making his way towards the door, he yanked it open without really checking.

He halted as soon as he saw the face behind the door.

“A—Aerin-ah,” He blurted out, the girl gave him a small unsure smile.

“I was right. You are here.” She said to him, Shownu swallowed and stepped out of the house, he shut the door behind him.

“What brings you here?” He asked the girl, he wasn’t sure how she found him and he never expected for her to show up.

“Like I said, oppa. I wanted to talk. Just the two of us.”

Shownu slowly shook his head and glanced around them, his eyes went to his Mustang. His brows went up, Aerin probably recognized the vehicle.

“I don’t think…We don’t have anything to talk about, Aerin-ah. It’s been so long.”

“Exactly, I..I don’t like what’s happening right now, oppa. We were…We are endgame, we were so good together.”

“Aerin-ah, I need you to leave.” Shownu replied, meeting her gaze evenly.

The girl’s eyes widened, she shook her head at him.

“Oppa, I admit that I made a mistake before, but oppa, you seriously cannot be…thinking about being with that girl, right?”

“What do you mean?”

“She’s your exact opposite, oppa. You two don’t match well.”

“Aerin-ah, I don’t think that’s any of your business.” Shownu coolly said.

“Girls like her are high-maintenance, oppa. She will never have time for you. You two~”

“Just please leave, Aerin. And, you don’t have the right to speak about Chaeyeon that way.”

“Oppa, wait,” The girl grabbed his arm before he could turn away from him.

“Why..can’t you give us another chance? I’ll~”

“You’re not her. You’re not Chaeyeon.”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++