037

You Got Me Too

 

 

 

Chaeyeon sighed as she walked through the double doors, she shook off her jacket and set her purse down. The girl was about to head for the kitchen when she realized that the house was way too quiet. She looked around, Shownu’s car was already outside, he’s probably be home by this time.

She poured herself a glass of water and made her way towards the pool. She saw Shownu doing some laps, Chaeyeon set the glass down and was about to head back to the house when she heard him speak.

“When did you get home?”

She turned back and smiled at him.

“Just now. I didn’t know you’d be home earlier..than me.” Chaeyeon mused at him, Shownu nodded back and climbed up the metal ladder.

“I had one meeting and, I didn’t see the point staying there.” He said as he walked to her.

“How was work? How did your staff react?” Shownu asked as he picked up the glass of water and took a long sip. Chaeyeon stared at him, watching as the droplets of water roll down from his jaw, to his neck then to his chest.

“Wow, the attack.” She muttered as she stepped back, Shownu grinned at her before leaning over to kiss her cheek.

“Secretary Yang seems excited, I’m taking him with me. They’re all a bit curious about the new management. And, I think they’re more concerned with the whole Oh Sehun project, most of my employees haven’t really interacted with the superstar brother yet.” She mused at him.

“I saw the boxes, are you moving out tomorrow?” Shownu asked as he grabbed his robe, Chaeyeon nodded and they walked back towards the house.

“Yes, you leave for Busan tomorrow too.”

“But you don’t have to go.” Shownu pursed his lips as they got inside the house, Chaeyeon chuckled and the male wrapped one arm around her.

“Your mom said she’s fine with it.”

“You spoke to my mother about this?”

“I was worried that she wouldn’t like it.” Shownu shrugged, Chaeyeon looked at him for a short moment and she smiled.

“Besides, oppa will be home a lot. So, we can start working with the collab, I need all the time I can get for Style Co., I’m being shipped off to that automobile company in a few days.” She mused at him as she plopped down on the couch.

Shownu made a face at her, but he was being playful.

“I wonder how will the Kia people will feel if I drive the Lamborghini to work.” She murmured, Shownu chuckled and pulled the girl to his lap.

“Would you like me to come home when you transfer?” He said asked, Chaeyeon tilted her head.

“Actually, I don’t know. I don’t even know what to do the moment I start working there.” She mumbled as she buried her face on the crook of his neck, Shownu nodded, sensing her anxiety.

“So many eyes there too.” She mumbled, her voice coming out muffled.

“You’ll do well, they’ve all been waiting for you to join them.” Shownu said softly as he rubbed small circles on her back.

“Waiting for me so that they can judge me as soon as I make a mistake.” She muttered, Shownu shook his head in reply.

“Nobody’s good at their job right away.” He stated, Chaeyeon grumbled in reply and simply inched closer to him. It was quiet for a few minutes, Shownu just kept on rubbing her back, thinking that the girl had fallen asleep.

“Okay, so,” She spoke up as she pulled back, wanting to look at him.

“What is it?” He smiled at her.

“Please drive back when I transfer.” She said with a frown as she cupped both of his cheeks, Shownu nodded back and simply pressed his lips against hers.

“I was already planning on it, whether you want me there or not.”

“Okay, ew?” Chaeyeon grimaced at him, but she was smiling.

“Should I hover and follow you around too?” He teasingly said as the girl shifted on his lap, she was straddling him now.

“Maybe I’ll be fine with that.”

“Maybe?”

Chaeyeon rolled her eyes at him, Shownu snorted, he tugged on her arm and captured her lips against his again.

 

 

 

“She’s leaving us for a bigger company. Maybe because they offered better benefits.” Minhyuk jokingly said, the other staff in the room chuckled.

“They rarely see you here at the office.” She pointed out, their meeting just ended and Chaeyeon had announced about her move to Kia, she will still be Style Co.’s president, but her responsibilities will be divided to different managers for the time being.

“When will we be expecting mister Oh, ma’am?”

“My brother will be dropping by tomorrow, I already have the contract in my office. However, he’s not really interested in it. Prepare the mood boards by then.”

The male nodded and left the hall, soon only the two friends were inside. Minhyuk looked at the girl, he could see that she was somehow stressed.

“Is this about the move? Yeon, you’ll do well. You always have.”

“Well, that too.” She said as she glanced at him.

“Too? Is something else bothering you?”

“I feel like…I was a little too harsh towards Song Kang? I mean, I don’t want my last conversation with him to be…something like that. I don’t like being mean. Or coming off as mean.” She chewed on her lower lip, Minhyuk exhaled and leaned back on his seat.

“He kind of needed to be called out, Yeon.”

“I know, he made a mistake. But, if…if only I had discussed the legal matters with him and not just sketches and textiles, maybe…he’d..not..do that.” She shrugged and crossed her arms.

“Chaeyeon-ah, let me explain something. And I’ll only say it once, so, please hear me out, alright?”

“Wow, sounds serious. Do I need to sit down for this?”

Minhyuk ignored her comment and stood up, he positioned himself beside the girl before speaking.

“Your boyfriend doesn’t like Song Kang. And I’m pretty sure he doesn’t want Song Kang always being around you, especially now that he’s out of town a lot.”

Chaeyeon grew quiet, she turned to Minhyuk, obviously confused.

“What? But, why? He knows it was just all work, and~”

“Us…men, we kind of sense these things, okay? I don’t want to explain for Shownu hyung, but why do you think he suggested that you work with Sehun? He was never the type to meddle with your work.”

Chaeyeon pursed her lips and ran her fingers through her hair.

“So, give him this one. I meant Son Hyunwoo, not Song Kang.” He pointed out, Chaeyeon slapped his arm.

“You and your…logic.” She mumbled before leaving the room, Minhyuk chuckled and looked at the windows again.

“He better not do anything wrong now, Son Hyunwoo can become territorial and it already sounds worrying.”

 

 

 

Shownu loosened his tie, his leaned his head back on his seat and closed his eyes. He was needed at a meeting earlier this morning, but he had to skip it due to a conference call. And he was to meet one of the directors in a few hours.

Maybe they should have extended their Hawaii trip.

“Sir,”

He looked up as his secretary walked in the room, he waved him over. The male set a bunch of printed documents on the table.

“I forgot to discuss this with you in Seoul, but the photos have all been…taken from the reporters. What shall I do with it?”

Shownu picked up the documents, there were a couple of memory cards taped to the paper as well. He looked at the photos of Song Kang and Chaeyeon. The girl was casually chatting with him, clearly at ease, but it was him. Song Kang was staring at her too much, it was that kind of look.

And Shownu knew that, because that was how he looked at her too.

“Get rid of it. Make sure it’s gone.”

“Yes, sir. And,” His secretary took out his phone and placed it on the desk, Shownu’s brows went up, it was another photo of Chaeyeon.

“I’m seeing a lot of Chaeyeon today.” He smiled, his secretary chuckled and nodded.

“Samsung called earlier while you were on the phone, they were worried because the party’s official photographer forgot to ask before releasing some of the photos from the event,”

Shownu looked at the device, his brows went up. It was the photo of him kissing Chaeyeon’s cheek, it was edited so that it was in black and white now.

“It was uploaded on their website, the people from Samsung wanted to know if you would like to have it removed or~”

“No, it’s fine.” Shownu said.

“It’s been making rounds in the Internet, sir. That’s why they wanted to ask you about it.”

“You can call them and inform the office that I’m good with it. Did they contact Chaeyeon as well?”

“They did, she said that it was up to you.”

Shownu nodded with a smile, he was about to speak again when his phone started ringing. The two males stared at the unknown number.

“Isn’t that the number that has been calling you lately, sir?”

“Yes, must be a telemarketer. Ignore it.”

“Yes, sir. Your meeting with director Moon will be in an hour, I’ll have the car prepared by then.” He spoke before excusing himself and stepping out of the room.

Shownu opened his laptop and checked the photographer’s website and he smiled to himself.

 

 

 

Sehun watched as Chaeyeon’s staff transferred her things back to her room, he was in the living room with the Oh elders.

“Chaeyeon’s having dinner here, what about you, son?” Mrs. Oh asked him.

“I’ll be sleeping over, Yeon and I have some thing to get over.” He replied as he stared at the TV.

“Your sister must be so frustrated with that actor, she’s been quiet.” Mr. Oh said, Sehun glanced at his father.

“I think so, they…actually kind of got along.”

“I heard that too. I still don’t buy that Hyunwoo was okay with that.” Mrs. Oh said in a playful tone, Mr. Oh sent his wife a dry look.

“I think he was…at first.” Sehun smirked at his mother, he picked up the remote and pressed for the news channel.

“Chaeyeon will be joining me in a few weeks, that will be okay, right? I don’t see her and Joori hanging out lately, are they okay?” Mr. Oh spoke again, Sehun looked at her father.

“Things have been a little strained between them lately, but I think Joori’s trying. It’s just that…Chaeyeon seems to be really preoccupied lately. And, she doesn’t need that negativity in her life right now, abeoji.”

“I blame my sister for that, she didn’t really have to talk Joori into harassing Chaeyeon as well.” Mrs. Oh frowned.

“Looking back it is quite amusing, they were all forcing Yeon to get a boyfriend and all. And now, she does have one and he…the young man is good for her.” Mrs. Oh cooed, Mr. Oh nodded along, clearly agreeing.

“He keeps her grounded.” Sehun mused, he was checking his phone, and then he stopped. His brows went up.

“You mean, finally someone who can keep up with our daughter’s pace.” Mr. Oh said as he picked up his tea.

Sehun opened the article, it was talking about a young lady, who is rumored to be the next CEO of Kia Automobile Group, is also currently in a relationship with one of the Samsung boys. Sehun saw his name being mentioned as Chaeyeon’s older brother, her company and other achievements were jotted down too. But it was the photo on that article that made Sehun let out a small chuckle.

It was a photograph of Shownu kissing Chaeyeon’s cheek, it was probably taken at a party. Knowing the Sons, this photo probably went through screening before being released. Or, they would have taken it down if they didn’t want it to be seen.

This was Son Hyunwoo marking his territory.

“Nice move, Son Hyunwoo.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++