029

You Got Me Too

 

 

 

Sophia carefully took her seat and glanced at her cousin. Heesoo’s father, chairman Jung was seated across them.

“I don’t understand why I have to be here, but~”

“You should be here, you should witness how unreasonable my father is.” Heesoo said, Sopahi grimaced and glanced at her uncle.

“Things have been set, arrangements have been set. And you let that stranger treat Minho like that?” The elder demanded, his tone going higher.

“Stranger? Treat Minho how?” Sophia was confused, Heesoo sighed and shook her head.

“Appa, he was harassing me in broad daylight!”

“He apologized for it. Why can’t you be courteous for once!”

“Courteous? He’s done that to me multiple times. He thinks that just because I have a not so good reputation that I should take him. As if a man can solve all my problems.”

“When did I say that? I’m only thinking of your future~”

“Wait,” Sophia sighed, she could feel migraine coming in.

“What happened? What occurred to Minho and this stranger?”

“Wonho had Minho dragged out of the mall the other day.” Heesoo shrugged at her and picked up her slushie. Sophia’s brows rose.

“I don’t know what that man did, but the ChoiSan son was kicked out of the mall. And people witnessed it! I had to personally see his father just to fix things between our families.” The man said, clearly still mad at his daughter.

“Wonho oppa had guards kick him out?” Sophia echoed, Heesoo nodded and put her drink down.

“You know this man? How dare he do that to Choi Minho? Does he~”

“Uncle, don’t.” Sophia grimaced as she leaned back on her seat, her uncle paused, confused with her words.

“What do you mean? He must be using Heesoo, he probably thinks~”

“Wonho oppa. Lee Wonho.” Sophia spoke again, she met her uncle’s gaze.

“He’s not just..a stranger. He’s a cousin of Chaeyeon’s boyfriend.”

Heesoo grew bored and started eating.

“So, why~”

“That oppa is one of the Samsung sons. That’s why he was able to…remove the ChoiSan son from the premises. His family probably owns that mall.”

“I think so too, like a partnership with Chaeyeon’s Lotte side.” Heesoo chimed in, but her father had grown still.

“T—That guy?” The elder made a gesture of raising his shoulders, trying to copy Wonho’s wideness.

“Yes, that’s Wonho oppa.” Sophia grimaced, Heesoo rolled her eyes and she continued eating.

“A Samsung son?” Mr. Jung repeated, Sophia gave him a small shrug.

“Yes, he is.”

“So, abeoji, why would a Samsung son be using me? I should be using him instead.” Heesoo snorted, Sophia elbowed her cousin.

 

 

 

“You never like talking about it,” Shownu said as they stepped out of the restaurant, the two had just finished lunch and Chaeyeon is bound to drive back to Seoul. But, Shownu had arranged a chauffeur for her, so that she could nap on her way home.

“I kind..I kind of have been…mulling over it.”

“Mulling?” Shownu said with a smile as he took her hand in his.

“I’ve been…enjoying my freedom, per se. And, my company has been..doing well, and I think…well, I haven’t spoken to my board yet, but I think it’s safe to assume that it can run without me always..watching over it.”

“You mean, your supervision?”

She nodded and they got on the escalator, Shownu noticed how she had a small frown on her face.

“What is it?”

“I may whine about it, but I do think abeoji has a point. I escaped my mom’s side of the family, it was..you know what happened.” She muttered, Shownu broke into a smile.

“I’m not sure?”

Chaeyeon made a face at him, he chuckled and gave her hand a small squeeze.

“Ah, that time when you had to fake date me.” He mused, Chaeyeon scoffed and they got off the machine.

“I always had a feeling that I’d end up with Kia. Maybe…I should just do it? I do know cars, a bit.” She continued as they walked towards the doors, Shownu smiled and nodded.

“You, You must be happy about this. Once I take that corporate position, you won’t have to drive across downtown or check my studio. Less places for you to be at.” She mused, Shownu shook his head.

“I don’t mind going to your office or the studio. And, it’s your decision to make, Chaeyeon-ah.” He scrunched his nose at her, he saw the black Mercedes Van pull over by the mall’s curb.

“But if I work at Kia, it’d be easier to drop by. I won’t be moving around as much too.” She continued, Shownu chuckled and nodded.

“I know that, but, I met you at a time when you had a lot of things going on in your life. And, you always did move around so much. I’m okay with that, I like keeping up with you.”

“I’m touched, but it annoys me that I don’t have a comeback for that.” She muttered, Shownu smiled and leaned over to kiss her cheek.

“I’ll walk you to the car, make sure you sleep on the way back to Seoul.”
Chaeyeon made a face at him as they walked towards the van, the driver went down to open the door for her.

“But, if I do transfer jobs,” She paused and turned to him, she holding onto the sleeve of his coat.

“Hmm?”

“You’ll drop by, right?” She asked, Shownu smiled again and nodded.

“That’s a given.”

Chaeyeon smiled back before standing on her toes to kiss him.

“Okay, see you in Hawaii.”

 

 

 

“Flowers?” Sehun’s brows went up, his sister’s secretary was on the other end of the line.

“Yes.”

“Why would someone send her flowers? Someone other than Shownu hyung.” Sehun murmured as he crossed his legs and checked the time.

“We don’t know who they’re from, sir. Director Son is already aware of it.”

“Let me guess, my sister doesn’t care?”

“Yes, she..pretty much ignores them. And, her allergies.”

Sehun nodded and pressed his lips together.

“Who do you think they’re from? Surely, it’s not from a client or a business partners, sending flowers on and almost daily basis isn’t a business move.”

“Yes, sir.”

“That’s strange. Son Hyunwoo must not like that.”

“Yes, he has asked us not to received them. So, we have the delivery personnel just put them in another room.”

Sehun chuckled and he stood up.

“Has my sister mentioned anything about Kia?” He asked, his forehead creasing. He had heard about his father pressuring Chaeyeon to transfer over to the company.

“No, she hasn’t spoken about it.” Secretary Yang replied.

“I know she’s leaving for Hawaii next week, can you send me the reports while she’s away? I can take some of her load.”

“Yes, of course.”

“And, that…actor, the model.”

“Song Kang?”

“Yes, him.”

“What about him, sir?”

Sehun walked towards the windows and buried one hand in his pocket.

“Has it ever occurred to you that the one sending all those flowers might be him?”

“Yes? But, they’re just friends, and…” Secretary Yang trailed off, as if realizing something.

“And, my sister and her boyfriend are not the most obvious couple out there. Oh no, secretary Yang.” Sehun mused, but he was looking at his laptop’s screen, his forehead crumpled.

“I’ll..I’ll look into it, sir.”

“It’s fine, I’m sure nothing will happen. Son Hyunwoo’s there.”

 

 

 

Chaeyeon sighed as she sat on the bench, she watched as Wonho put another set of weights on the barbell.

“Oppa, am I going to have to watch you do this all day? Or, do you wanna tell me why you wanted to talk?”

Wonho turned to her, his ears grew pink all of a sudden.

“Or, are you going to make me lift that too? Because, hell no.” She continued, the older male laughed and sat down across her.

“How was Busan?”

“It was fine. Moving on, why am I here? Did something happen?” Chaeyeon was quick to read him, Wonho winced at her.

“Oppa, please. Something’s up, huh?” She picked up her coffee and took a sip.

“Actually,”

Chaeyeon smiled and leaned in, wanting to hear everything. Wonho looked around, realizing that some of the males in the gym were staring at her.

“Son Hyunwoo’s going to kill me.”

“No, I will if you don’t~”

“The other day, I…spoke with Heesoo. And I told her…” Wonho trailed off, Chaeyeon could see how he was choosing his words.

“You told her that you like her?” She said with a small smile, Wonho blinked at her, stunned.

“Was..I that obvious?”

“A little. A lot.” She said with a chuckle, Wonho sighed at her and got his water bottle.

“What did she say, oppa?”

“I..didn’t want her to say anything.”

“What?” Chaeyeon balked at him, Wonho stood up and gestured for her to follow him.

“Oppa, why~”

“She has a lot of things going on now, I don’t…want to add to that. And, she still has that Choi Minho problem.”

“Ah, the man you ran multiple checks on?” She said as they left the area, Chaeyeon saw the men’s locker room entrance a by the doors

“What did you find out, oppa? Shownu would never tell.”

“If I tell you, then Soph would know. Then, you two might try killing him.”

“Well, wont that work for you?” She asked, Wonho chuckled and mussed her hair.

“Let me shower and change, I’ll buy us lunch.”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++