036

You Got Me Too

“Congratulations, finally, I don’t need to keep on watching my words.” Chaeyeon mused as she walked into Minhyuk’s place. The male smiled before enveloping the girl in a tight hug.

“Hide things from me like this again and I will~”

“I asked her not to tell!” Sophia hollered from the living room, Shownu chuckled from the back and sidestepped the two best friends.

“Did the doctor’s appointment go well? What did he say?” Chaeyeon asked as they made their way to the kitchen.

“Sophia is at least seven weeks along, and we’re asked to go back next week for further tests.” Minhyuk was literally beaming, Chaeyeon chuckled and held his hand.

“I’m happy for you, you’ve always wanted to have kids.”

Minhyuk chuckled, they reached the kitchen and Chaeyeon walked over to the cake tower Wonho brought.

“Don’t ask. It’s your Wonho oppa.”

She grinned and picked up a cupcake instead.

“Anyway, are you feeling better now? For a moment back there…you kind of lost it, Yeon.”

Chaeyeon paused, her eyes went to Minhyuk briefly, the male was leaning against the counter.

“I know. I feel bad about it.”

“Don’t. He did overstep some boundaries.” He shrugged at her.

“Still, we’re friends. He’s~”

“Friends? Look where that got you, a botched secret collab. No offense, though.”

Chaeyeon shook her head and glanced at the windows, Shownu was chatting Heesoo and Wonho at the veranda.

“Well, now that we’re on the topic, maybe…it was kind of a blessing?”

“What do you mean?” Minhyuk replied, Sophia walked int the room and he stretched his arms to her. The girl made a face at him and simply grabbed a cupcake.

“What’s a blessing?”

“You and the baby.” Minhyuk cooed at her, the girl grimaced and Chaeyeon burst out laughing.

“Seriously.” The Wu lady muttered under her breath.

“The whole Song Kang ing things up…thing.”

“Really?” Sophia’s brows rose, she stood next to Minhyuk, and the male wrapped one arm around her.

“I mean, I get that he’s excited about the project, but it can get tiring sometimes, you know.”

“I thought you liked the whole designing process.” Sophia said in between bites, Chaeyeon shrugged, Shownu stepped in through the glass doors and joined them.

“Oh, that part I like.” Chaeyeon replied, she raised her half-eaten cupcake and Shownu took a bite.

“But, you know, he kind of tires me?”

“Who?” Shownu asked before taking the cupcake from her instead, he blinked, seeing the bits of frosting on the side of her lips. He leaned over to brush them off.

Sophia smiled to herself.

“Song Kang. He…talks too much sometimes. I don’t really have the energy for that.”

Shownu smiled and nodded.

“Then, how’d you ended being friends with him?” He replied while jutting his lips at Minhyuk, Sophia chuckled.

“Hey! I was the one who paired you up! Be nice to me!” Minhyuk agrued back.

“No, you came up with the crazy idea, he executed it.” Chaeyeon chimed in, teasing her friend.

“Still, I am your matchmaker.”

Shownu grinned at his cousin before kissing the side fo Chaeyeon’s head.

“Too talkative? Not your thing?” He asked her, Chaeyeon scrunched his nose at him.

“I’d rather eat than talk.”

“Sometimes I do talk too much, Yeon. I don’t tire you?”

“You? Talk too much?” Chaeyeon’s brows went up, and she started shaking her head.

“You don’t tire me, impressive boyfriend. You never have.”

 

 

 

 

Heesoo exhaled and not so gently, pushed her laptop away from her. When she had agreed to step in for her father at work, she did not expect that it would eat all of her time. Her workload back when she was still practicing as a lawyer was not even this bad. Chairman Jung was still cooped up at his Taiwan office, claiming that he is busy. But, Heesoo knows that her father’s probably just hiding from her.

“Well, after that stunt her pulled, he should hide.” She grumbled to herself as she stood up to pour herself another cup of coffee. She heard the doors open and she grimaced.

“Don’t tell me, another delay?” She voiced out, her secretary gave her a small sheepish smile.

“They just handed in their reports, ma’am. And, yes….director Jeon said that his department may need two weeks extension for the Doosan acquisition. He mentioned that getting a hold of the land titles there can be a bit of a challenge.”

“A challenge? This project began six months ago.” Heesoo repeated, she set the cup down and exhaled, trying to keep it in.

“Yes, ma’am.”

“Isn’t this the same director Jeon who questioned me when I first got here? What was the word he used? Unworthy spoiled little girl?” She said, her secretary could only look away.

“How about I tell him to shove that land title far up his~”

The doors swung open again, and the secretary let out a inaudible sigh of relief.

“Hi.” Wonho said with a small smile, he was dressed casually, an oversized shirt and straight leg jeans.

Heesoo exhaled, and her secretary made a beeline for the doors and shut them tightly.

“Am I interrupting?” He asked with a playful smile as he walked towards her, Heesoo made a face at him and pointed one accusatory finger at her laptop.

“Ah, I see.” He replied as he leaned down to gently wrap his arms around the girl. Heesoo exhaled and pressed her nose against his shirt.

“I don’t think people here understand the concept of working with a timeline. Is that so hard to understand?” She grumbled, Wonho’s lips quirked up and he nodded.

“Is it the same director? The one who gave you a hard time?”

“Yes, him. Can you break him in half?” She asked as she pulled back to face him, Wonho let out a small laugh.

“Sure, I’d love to.”

Heesoo’s lips curled up and she gestured for him to sit.

“You came from the shop? No work today? The corporate one.” She asked as she poured him a cup of coffee, the girl sat down next to him.

“I was at the shop, I did drop by the office for a bit. Nothing too urgent.”

“Lucky you.”

Wonho smiled and patted her lap.

“How about we go out tonight?”

“Dinner? What do you have in mind?”

Wonho tilted his head and leaned back on the couch.

“There’s this new place in Gangwon, it might be a long drive though. Are you up for it?”

“How about we head out early? And then, I wont come back here, ever.” She chimed in, Wonho laughed and then he noticed that the girl’s phone was ringing on her desk.

“Don’t even try.” She said, following his gaze.

“What if he just wants to talk? Maybe, he wants to explain~”

“He wanted me to be some chess piece for that partnership. He wanted me to marry that Choi Minho guy.”

“But he stopped.” Wonho said to her, lacing her fingers with his.

“Of course, he found out about you.”

The male blinked back at her, Heesoo stood up, she chucked her things in her purse and grabbed her coat.

Wonho grew confused as he watched the girl.

“Can we go now?”

“Now? It’s only~”

“I think I have earned the right to skip work, come on.” She grinned as she grabbed his hand and started pulling him to the doors.

The couple made their way towards the elevator. Wonho was chatting about the car he was fixing earlier as they two reached the lobby, Heesoo was nodding along with a smile on her face as they walked. The young executive didn’t notice how the employees were staring at them with small curious smiles on their faces, their new boss was quite known for her feistiness but it was nice seeing her guards being down when he was around the handsome Samsung son.

Wonho gave her hand a small squeeze as they reached his waiting car.

“What now?”

“You look very beautiful today.” He winked before opening the car’s door for her, Heesoo shuddered in reply.

 

 

 

 

“Ah, lunch with the Ohs.” Chaeyeon said as she walked in the living room, Sehun grinned at Shownu.

“I hope you don’t get PTSD.” She turned to her boyfriend, Shownu sent her a look before politely greeting the elders.

“It’s been a while, Hyunwoo-ya. It’s good to see you.” Mr. Oh said as Shownu sat down, Chaeyeon took the seat beside her brother and started muttering.

“The PR team thinks that it would be nice if we’re seen in public together. How about a shopping trip? Or run an errand with me?” She asked him.

“How about I have a “Take My Sister To Work Day”?” Sehun suggested, Shownu was chatting with the elders comfortably.

“Shoot me now.” She replied, Sehun laughed and mussed her hair.

“Oppa!” She whined, the three turned to them. Shownu was grinning at her.

“Eomma, oppa won’t~”

“Ah, my two adults kids, they never grew up.” Mrs. Oh said while clasping her hands together, Sehun chuckled at his sister.

“Is it true that you two will be working together?” Mr. Oh spoke, Sehun nodded back at the elder.

“Working with oppa is easier, abeoji.”

“Right, about that young man, have you settled things then?” Mrs. Oh asked out of concern, Sehun’s gaze went to Shownu briefly.

“Ah, yes. We already discussed it with his company, don’t worry.”

“Well, it was kind of his fault that it had to be cancelled.” Sehun shrugged, he picked up a slice of apple from the table and popped it into his mouth.

“What a waste though, you were already almost finish with it, right, Yeon?” Mrs. Oh queried, Chaeyeon nodded nonchalantly.

“It’s not really a big deal, eomma.”

“Good thing your boyfriend here is very understanding. You were working very closely with another young man.” Mr. Oh jokingly said, Sehun almost grimaced.

“Abeoji, don’t.” Chaeyeon sighed, she transferred seats and sat beside Shownu.

“He’s a good friend.” She said, Shownu turned to her.

“Who cost you a project. And weeks of hard work.” He said to her, but he was smiling.

“Well, nobody’s perfect.” She nudged him, Shownu smiled and nodded back at her.

Sehun pressed his lips together, his sister probably didn’t sense it.

Yet.

“So, two weeks, daughter?” Mr. Oh spoke again, Chaeyeon looked at the male and sighed.

“Yes, yes, abeoji. I’ll be one of your minions by then.”

Mrs. Oh chuckled and excused herself to the kitchen.

“Minion?” Shownu looked at her.

“My Kia application has been accepted.” She whispered back, he smiled and nodded.

“Congratulations then, child of the owner.”

“Hey!”

 

 

 

“I know, we saw it on the news, darling.” Mrs. Son frowned as she took Chaeyeon’s hand in hers.

“Yes, it was quite a mess at the office, auntie. But, don’t worry, it’s all been fixed.”

“A bad business move, really. I’m sorry to say this, Chaeyeon-ah, but your competitors are probably doing the same thing in their offices by now.” Mr. Son chimed in, Chaeyeon chuckled and nodded.

“It’s good I have a celebrity brother then, uncle. It can come in quite handy sometimes.”

Mr. Son laughed and nodded.

“It’s great that you decided to come tonight, I’ve never seen Hyunwoo actually enjoy a party.”

“Yes, well, I promised I’d be here, auntie.”

Chaeyeon smiled as she excused herself from the Son elders, she was about to head to the restrooms when she felt a hand on her back.

“Are you okay?”

She turned, Shownu was grinning at her.

“What?”

“My parents love you way too much that sometimes I think they forget that I’m here.” He teasingly said.

“As much as I love Samsung parties, but so many eyes, Shownu.” She softly said to him, the male smiled and offered his arm to her.

“I thought you were okay with that.” He said to her, Chaeyeon scrunched nose as and hooked arms with him.

“I am, but this…this is kind of a big event. I was thinking that you would rather attend this…on your own? It’s like a family affair, right?”

Shownu glanced around them, he smiled and looked at her.

“It is.”

Chaeyeon blinked at him, he smiled before leaning over to steal a kiss from her. The girl sighed and continued walking with him, earlier during their arrival, she could feel all the stares on them. And she was kind of thankful for letting Sophia talk her into wearing the backless Bottega Venetta gown tonight, she really didn’t know what to wear. And that rarely happened to her.

“I think we’re way past that though.” Shownu said to her, Chaeyeon saw Wonho from afar, the older male smiled at her.

“Hmm, still a bit of a sensitive matter. But, okay.”

“Sensitive?” He grew amused, Shownu’s eyes went to the photographer taking photos of the other guests, he was roaming around the hall.

“I mean, let’s be…frank here, impressive boyfriend. Your family is….Well, you’re a Samsung son, bringing a girl to a party can..send messages. I just..don’t want my presence here to cause~”

“What kind of messages?” Shownu playfully said, Chaeyeon narrowed her eyes at him.

“Can you please listen?”

“I know where this is going, Yeon. I get it. I get you.” He stopped walking, and met her gaze.

“Well?” She said, she grew distracted as she started fixing his bowtie.

“You think that your being here makes them..think things.”

“Yes.”

“But, I’m okay with that.” Shownu said, the girl paused at his words.

“You mean, my relatives are here and well, the other eyes, may start thinking about marriage?”

“Yes. Kind of.” She nodded back at him, Shownu’s lips curled up.

“I’m still okay with that.”

“Son Hyunwoo.” She sighed at him, Shownu chuckled and held onto her hand.

“But isn’t that what we’re doing? Unless, you’re not dating to marry. Because, ouch?” Shownu said, wanting her to lighten up.

“W—Well,”

“And, I just want to show you off. I happen to be dating someone out of my league.” He added as he pulled her closer to him.

“No…you’re not.” Chaeyeon replied, but she was smiling.

“Yeon, I got you. Stop overthinking these things.”

Chaeyeon exhaled and nodded back at him, and then she smiled.

“Okay.”

“Young master, how about a photo with miss Oh? It’s for the event’s highlights.” The photographer approached them, Chaeyeon was about to turn to Shownu but he suddenly leaned down a planted a kiss on her cheek.

“Perfect, sir! Thank you.”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++