035

You Got Me Too

 

 

 

Wonho smiled as he saw the Maserati pull in the shop, Chaeyeon appeared with takeout coffee.

“Hi, oppa!” She greeted him as she locked the car, the girl made her way towards the car he was fixing.

“You’re alone.”

“Yeah, Shownu’s needed at his office and I’m still using my jetlagged pass, so, I’m here. With coffee. And of course, food.” She said cheerfully, Wonho chuckled, the girl was dressed casually, ripped denim jeans, oversized shirts and a pair of sneakers.

“How was your trip, headache?”

Chaeyeon hunched over the BMW’s hood, curious.

“It was fine, but, less talk about me. More about you, what did I miss?” Chaeyeon teasingly said as she made her way towards the counter and she started taking out the food she brought with her.

“Ah, so she’s here to ask questions.” Wonho hummed, the girl chuckled and plopped down on the couch.

“Are things okay now? Have you gotten rid of Choi Minho?”

Wonho eyed her warily, Chaeyeon beamed at him.

“I do not get rid of people, headache. If you mean, if he’s stopped bothering Heesoo, then yes. He no longer contacts her.”

“That’s great, oppa. I wouldn’t really want to get on your bad side, to be honest.” She joked, Wonho picked up his coffee and shook his head at her.

“So, you and Heesoo?”

Wonho looked at her, Chaeyeon noticed how his ears had gone red. She laughed and started eating.

“I see my head of security got the girl.”

“Can..we not talk about it?” Wonho muttered, Chaeyeon chuckled and and munched on another cookie.

“Okay, but I’m really happy for you, oppa. Not a lot of people can handle the Jung Heesoo temper.” She hummed, Wonho grinned at her.

“Right, Minhyuk called earlier, he has this dinner party later. He sounded happy. Way too happy.” Wonho commented, Chaeyeon’s brows rose and she nodded.

“Did he?”

“Are you guys coming later? Should I get him something?” Wonho picked up a muffin.

“I have to be there, oppa. Or else, he’ll drag me out of the house. Maybe…a cake? Shownu and I will be bringing ice cream.” She replied, her phone started ringing, Wonho saw secretary Yang’s name flash on the screen. The older male chuckled.

“I see your jetlag pass has expired, headache.” Wonho mused, suddenly remembering his conversation with Shownu the other day.

It was about the actor, Song Kang. And from what Wonho understood, he had finally gotten into Son Hyunwoo’s nerves. Shownu mentioned some photos, but he never showed them. However, it was clear that he was annoyed with the guy.

“I know, see you later, oppa.” She said as she stood up and chucked her phone back in her purse.

“Right, Chaeyeon-ah,” He spoke as they walked towards his car, the girl paused and turned to him.

“How’s work? You and Song Kang getting along well?”

“Work’s fine, and yes, things are great with him.”

“Isn’t he like…most women’s type? He’s super popular.”

“Are you asking if he’s my type too? Because, no.” She warily replied, Wonho grinned at her.

“Even before? Before Son Hyunwoo?”

“Oppa,” She groaned as she opened the car’s door.

“It’s normal to have crushes, headache.”

“Fine. He’s not my type, he never will be.”

“Can this oppa know why?”

Chaeyeon tossed her purse into the car and faced him.

“Because he talks too much, quiet guys are the best. I don’t like small talk, you know that.”

Wonho blinked at her, she started to grin.

“I don’t talk too much.” He blurted out.

“I didn’t say that.” She laughed as she got inside the vehicle, Wonho made a face at her and helped her back out of the shop.

“No small talk. Definitely Son Hyunwoo’s girl.”
 

 

 

“So, the opening is pushing through? No problems there, hyung?” Minhyuk spoke as he stepped out of the meeting room with his older cousin, Shownu nodded back in reply.

“Yes, I will be driving back in a few days. Director Shin is very keen about the sudden audit with one of the departments, I don’t know how..to explain that to our grandfather.”

Minhyuk chuckled at his reply, the two men made their way towards the elevators.

“Ah, congratulations, Minhyuk-ah. It still amazes me that a child is having a child.”

“Hey!”

Shownu chuckled, the doors opened and they both got inside.

“Actually, when I first heard about the whole you having to be stationed in Busan thing, I was worried, hyung.” Minhyuk stated, Shownu glanced at him, curious.

“Why?”

“That was also around the time your ex started messing around, I was worried that it might cause trouble. But surprisingly, nothing happened.”

“Don’t jinx it.” Shownu muttered, Minhyuk let out a laugh.

“You do know that Chaeyeon kind of did something during that time, right? She got…a little..territorial. Which is a bit amusing.”

“What?”

The two were heading towards Minhyuk’s office.

“She was preparing to buy out Baek Holdings, you see, you two are perfect for each other.” Minhyuk mused as they got inside the room, Shownu’s brows rose but he nodded.

“She never pushed through it, if that’s what you want to know. I guess she didn’t see the point in it.” He shrugged, Shownu sat down on one of the leather seats.

“The point in what?”

“She knows you love her, hyung. You have her feeling all secured. So, good job.” He stated as he went to his table.

“You make her sound like some monster when she’s angry.” Shownu mused, Minhyuk’s secretary came in with some snacks.

“These came from Miss Wu’s office, sir.”

Minhyuk beamed as he opened the box of cinnamon buns, Shownu took one and leaned back.

“Oh, you haven’t seen her mad?”

“I have, but she~”

“Like at work? Like when things don’t go her way?” Minhyuk chuckled before starting to eat, Shownu paused and tilted his head.

“I always thought that work never got to her nerves.”

“Oh, well, you should witness it.” Minhyuk hummed back, Shownu was about to reply when his secretary came walking in.

“Sir, is your phone with you?” He asked, looking concerned. Minhyuk offered some buns to him.

“I think I left it at the office, why?”

“Secretary Yang just called me twice….I think…he would really be thankful if you head to the studio now.”

“Did something happen?” Shownu stood up, Minhyuk grabbed his phone and coat.

“You’ll see when you get there, sir. I’ll have the car prepared.”

 

 

 

“Does that make sense? How could he say that?” Chaeyeon hissed under her breath as she paced back and forth inside her office.

“Ma’am~”

“I get that he wants it to gain traction, but talking about something that we’re still working on!”

Secretary Yang leaned back on his seat, Sehun was sitting at his sister’s chair, listening on. Well, it’s not like he can do anything, once Chaeyeon loses her temper, nothing can stop her.

“Chaeyeon-ah, maybe~”

“The next thing we know, all of our competitors will be doing the same thing. What is he even thinking?” She exhaled and crossed her arms.

Sehun turned to the windows, he noticed two familiar cars pull over, he smiled and glanced at his sibling.

“I don’t think he should be talking about it, you haven’t even signed a contract with him yet. Maybe he’s trying to tie you down with him?”

Secretary Yang grimaced and tried sending the other male a look, but Sehun was smiling like the devil that he is.

“Or, he could have other motives. Who knows.” Sehun shrugged, Chaeyeon’s forehead creased, the doors opened.

“Hey, what happened?” Minhyuk walked in, he looked at Sehun questioningly. Shownu looked around the room, his eyes went to Chaeyeon who was glaring at the windows.

“Damage control is here, so, I’ll go back to my desk.” Secretary Yang said before quickly fleeing from the room.

“Chaeyeon-ah,” Shownu walked towards her, the girl faced him, eyebrows scrunched up together.

“What is it?”

She pointed one finger towards her computer, Shownu turned to the screen and his brows rose.

“He spoke about the collaboration?” He said, Minhyuk’s eyes widened and he walked up to the girl’s table. He pressed his lips together and carefully sat down on one of the couches.

“He did, he mentioned it to his fans. In person! And now everyone’s talking about it! I get that we didn’t sign a non-disclosure agreement or something, but why..why would he do something like that?”

“Your cheeks are all red. Are you this angry?” Shownu said with a small smile as he cupped both of her cheeks, Sehun grinned at the male.

“Angry? His little chit chat with fans is probably going to cost me the whole collaboration!”

“But, no contract yet, right?”

“Yes, but still! My sketches~”

“You can still go on with that, your sketches are yours, and your brother’s here.” Shownu softly said as he pulled the girl to his chest and kissed the top of her head.

“You don’t get the point, I trusted that he’d not tell anyone you know.”

“It is common sense not to talk about secret collabs, Yeon. I get you.” Minhyuk chimed in, Shownu sent him a look, which he ignored.

“Right?” She said, she patted Shownu’s arm, wanting to be let go and he did.

“Hey, set a meeting with the other directors.” Chaeyeon said to her friend, Minhyuk nodded back.

“So, does that mean you’re working with me now, baby sis?” Sehun winked at her.

“Do not baby sis me.” She snapped at him, Shownu grimaced and sat down instead.

“I need to talk to that guy. Now.” She said as she grabbed her phone, before she could even dial, secretary Yang opened the double doors, revealing Song Kang and his manager behind him.

 

 

 

Sehun leaned against the shelf as he looked at the young actor and his manager.

“Chaeyeon-ah,” He spoke as he walked in the room, Shownu glanced at the girl.

“I can explain, I was~”

“I don’t think you have to. I saw the video, and I watched it unfold.” Chaeyeon replied, she didn’t even stand from her seat.

“I know, I made a mistake, but I was just really excited to share it with my fans and I know~”

“It’s not solely yours, Song Kang-ssi. It’s a project between you and this company. It’s supposed to be a secret. I’m sure you know what that means.” Chaeyeon’s tone was arctic, Song Kang’s manager stood behind him, unsure.

“I know, it totally slipped my mind. But, I’m sure we can fix this. I can~”

“I don’t think you can.” Chaeyeon stood up, Shownu’s eyes went to Song Kang again, his brows went up.

“The project’s been cancelled, you will remain as our brand ambassador. You no longer have to come here at the studio, but if you do have concerns,” Chaeyeon walked towards the doors and opened them.

“You can set an appointment via my secretary.”

Sehun grimaced and looked away, his sister really can be cold. Minhyuk hid his smile behind his phone.

Song Kang’s forehead creased, his manager excused himself and left the room.

“Chaeyeon-ah, please,” Song Kang approached her.

“I don’t think it’s a good fit for the company to work on a line with you. And, I have my brother.”

“I understand that I caused trouble, but,” Song Kang reached for her hand, Chaeyeon recoiled.

“Let me explain, let me apologize~”

Song Kang halted when he was slowly, but firmly pushed back from the girl. Sehun and Minhyuk both froze, even secretary Yang left his table to watch.

“She wants you to leave.” Shownu spoke as he stood between them, Song Kang’s lower jaw twitched.

“We’re talking about work, I don’t think~”

“Nobody wants to hear what you think.”

Minhyuk looked at his older cousin, he was staring down at the other male.

“Chaeyeon-ah~”

“It’s president Oh.” Shownu said before shutting the door to the actor’s face.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++