017

You Got Me Too

 

 

 

Wonho was fiddling with a pen as he pored over the documents on his desk, his secretary was standing across him.

“Do I need to meet them for this?” He asked, the male nodded.

“Yes, sir. I believe that they wanted to explain a few details regarding the contract and,” He paused when his boss’s phone started to ring. Wonho looked at the screen and dismissed the male.

“Hi, headache.”

“Oh, oppa. Can you talk?” The girl sounded distracted.

“Yes, go ahead. Is something wrong?”

“Have you heard from Heesoo lately? Or, has she passed by the shop?”

Wonho’s forehead creased briefly and he stood up.

“Actually, no, I haven’t heard from her. Why?”

“Really? I was thinking that she was with you, oppa. What do I do now?” Chaeyeon murmured from the other end. Wonho pressed his lips together and stared the view of downtown Seoul before him.

“We know Heesoo, she has…her moods.” Wonho carefully murmured, actually, he still had no idea why he lost his temper the other night.

Things were complicated with her. And kind of frustrated him.

But that girl, that girl made him nervous and yet, he wanted to be around her. And he doesn’t know how to process that.

Hearing her talk about going along with her father’s plans took him surprise, she was so adamant about saying no to him that Wonho felt safe.

He felt safe knowing Heesoo would never look at that guy.

Wonho puffed his cheeks and shook his head to himself.

“What if…she went with that person her dad has been trying to set her with?” He added when Chaeyeon was quiet.

“Oppa, even if she went with that guy, she would still call. I mean, she would at least text and complain about him.”

“What?”

“Oppa, no one’s heard from her since the party. Even Soph has no idea where she is.”

Wonho’s brows went up and he strode back to his desk.

“Chaeyeon-ah, I’ll call you back, okay?”

“Alright, call me~”

“I’ll look for her, don’t worry.” Wonho murmured before ending the call, he picked up his coat and stepped out of his office.

His secretary stood up from his desk and jogged after the executive.

“Sir, your meeting is in~”

“Move it.” Wonho replied without glancing back, and he got inside the elevator.

 

 

 

Shownu opened the Audi’s trunk and put his backpack inside, he saw his secretary walking after him.

“I already sent the papers regarding SeoulAm Group to your email, sir. And, the Seoul office has been informed that you will be in town.”

Shownu nodded back in reply, he took another glanced at the building before speaking.

“I’ll be back by Monday, till then call me if anything comes up.” He said, the other male nodded back. Shownu walked around the vehicle and was about to get inside when a familiar voice made him pause.

“I had no idea, oppa.”

Shownu turned and saw Aerin making her way towards him, his forehead creased briefly.

“Aerin-ah, I’m quite~”

“You didn’t even tell me who she really is and you just let me talk about her.”

“If this is about Chaeyeon, Aerin-ah, please, stop it.”

“I see you went for a bigger fish now. Is that why you won’t even meet my eyes when I talk to you? A Lotte heiress and a soon-to-be Kia head, you hit jackpot, oppa.”

Shownu looked away from the girl as she stopped in front of him.

“But those type of girls never make you happy. She’s a total busybody, she will never have time for you.” Aerin reached for his arm, but Shownu stepped back.

“I have to leave. I want to go to her.” He said to her, and then he sidestepped the girl and got inside the Audi.

Aerin curled her fists as she watched the R8 speed away from her, and she let out a shaky breath.

“You will see why it can’t be her.”

Shownu’s knuckled turned white as he stepped on gas, he turned to the screen and his forehead creased when Chaeyeon didn’t pick up his call.

He was about to redial when his phone pinged, her text showed on the screen.

I’d like to answer the call, I really do. But I’m at a meeting.

I’ll call you back in ten minutes. -Chaeyeon

He pressed his lips together and he loosened his grip on the wheel.

 

 

 

Sophia looked up from her laptop when her phone started to ring, her brows rose. Minhyuk was video calling her.

“Min~”

“Before you tell me that I’m being too nosey or sensitive, hear me out.”

“Hmm, okay. Hello. I missed you too?” Sophia murmured, she leaned back on her chair. Minhyuk blinked back at her, he broke into a smile.

“Hi. I do miss you.” He nodded to himself, Sophia chuckled at him.

“What is it? Did you get into a fight again? I told you not to mess with Chaeyeon’s secret stash of snacks at the studio.”

“No, no, it’s not that. But…it does somehow touch on the studio.”

“What?”

“You see, I’ve been attending all these meetings with Yeon for the company. And most times, he’d be there.”

“Okay,” Sophia nodded for him to continue, she picked up her coffee.

“And, at first I found it funny. Because, that’s normal, most guys, when they first meet her, they all get curious and start staring at her. However, now, it seems serious.”

“Wait, why would it bother you if Shownu stares at her?”

“What? No!” Minhyuk sounded petulant and somewhat annoyed, Sophia grew amused.

“Who are we talking about?”

“That man. The actor we hired to be ambassador or something like that,”

Sophia blinked back at him, trying to remember the male’s name.

“Song Kang?”

“Yes, him. He even hangs out with her to help her come up with designs. And, they’ll be releasing a collaboration project too! Shirts and cardigans and blah, blah, blech.”

She let out a small chuckle.

“It sounds to me that you’re worried about being replaced.”

“Hey!”

“Lee Minhyuk, this is Chaeyeon we’re talking about. She literally does not look at men. And do you actually think she’d give that guy a chance? She’s said this before, and I think it’s still the same before.”

“What?”

“She has a Son Hyunwoo.” Sophia sighed at him, Minhyuk scrunched his nose.

“What if that Song person makes a move on her?”

“Even if he will, do you think Chaeyeon would even notice?” Sophia laughed, Minhyuk paused and he slowly shrugged.

“So, when are you flying back?” He asked her, Sophia gave him a small sheepish smile.

“Nice, very nice, Sophia Wu.”

“I probably won’t make it to the launch party. But, meet you in Hawaii?”

“Hawaiian pizza.” Minhyuk replied with a roll of his eyes, but he blew her a kiss before ending the call.
 

 

 

Chaeyeon sighed and ran her fingers through her hair, secretary Yang glanced at her boss, a little worried. The young president was dressed in a pair of denim shorts that was hidden by an oversized Nike hoodie that way too big for her. And a pair of tattered Vans.

It was clear that their boss was not being herself today. And it probably because that launch party was in a couple of days and some things were still not in order.

“Does this even make any sense?” Chaeyeon mumbled as she looked around her, a lot of things were delayed and she had to talk to her PR person in a bit.

And things weren’t going right.

“What about this, president?” One of the staff approached her with a few samples, Chaeyeon scrunched her nose and walked with the male.

“I know this is supposed to go together with the display, but if you think about it,” Chaeyeon eyed the mannequin that was wearing one of her centerpieces.

“I think,”

The doors opened, secretary Yang turned her head and smiled at the male.

“Just in time.” Secretary Yang murmured to herself, Chaeyeon was still talking with the employee, not seeing Shownu walk in.

“Excuse me, president?”

She looked up and paused, Shownu was grinning at her and she narrowed her eyes at him.

“You’re…early.” She blurted out, the employees politely cleared out the room. He chuckled and walked towards her, his smile grew wider as he recognized his hoodie.

“Now, I feel underdressed. Do you have plans today?” Chaeyeon grumbled as she took notice of his casual getup, he had this white shirt tucked in and his sleeves rolled to his elbows, and a pair of beige slim-fitted slacks.

“Is this Zegna?” She blurted out as she tried to reach for the collar of his shirt, but Shownu simply leaned over and wrapped his arms around her.

Chaeyeon scrunched her nose before hugging him back.

“I see things aren’t going your way.” He said in a light tone before kissing the side of her head, the girl sighed, and leaned against him, letting him support her weight.

“You have no idea.” She grumbled, and then she pulled back to meet his gaze.

“I wasn’t expecting you.” Chaeyeon stated, her lips curled up slightly.

“I had a feeling you’d be stressed out before the party, and you need someone to be your punching bag. So, here I am.” Shownu jokingly said before tucking the girl back under his chin.

Chaeyeon’s brows rose but she nodded back.

“I’m hungry, will you ditch work for me? Just for a couple of hours.” Shownu whispered at her, Chaeyeon let out a small chuckle.

“Can I at least change?”

“But this is one of your best outfits.” He pointed out as the girl pulled away from him.

“Don’t worry, you’ll get your hoodie back.” Chaeyeon mused as she wriggled free from his grip.

“You can have it.” Shownu stated as he followed the girl to her office.

“I should have chosen the Balenciaga one, but alright.” She grinned at him before walking to rack of clothes.

“Are things okay?” Chaeyeon asked as she grabbed one of the dresses, the girl removed her shoes.

Shownu turned to her and slowly nodded.

“I’ll go wait outside, take your time.”

“Shownu?”

He paused, and turned to her again. Chaeyeon hopped over to him, she tugged on the lapels of his shirt and pressed her lips against his. Shownu smiled before pulling the girl closer to him.

“Let’s have sushi.” She whispered as she pulled away from him, Shownu chuckled and squeezed her waist before letting go.

“Let’s have that.”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++å