003

You Got Me Too

 

 

 

Chaeyeon stood up from her seat and plugged one Airpod in, secretary Yang gestured for her to go ahead.

“Yes, we’re doing it today. Oddly, I feel nervous about it.” She murmured softly, Shownu laughed from the other end.

“Why would you be nervous?”

“It’s spin the wheel, I think it’s only right I should be. What if we end up choosing someone I don’t like?” Chaeyeon stated as she got inside the elevator.

“Who do you prefer?”

Chaeyeon grew silent, her eyes narrowed.

“Good point, Son Hyunwoo.”

The male laughed again, and Chaeyeon could hear that he was driving.

“I’ll see you at the shop later?” He asked her.

“Yes, but I have this thing with Shinsegae. Can you come with me? Being at a family meeting with Joori is not exactly ideal or tempting.”

“I’ll be there. Have fun at your meeting.”

Chaeyeon chucked her phone back in her blazer pocket; she stepped in the conference room. The other staff greeted her; she smiled before taking the seat beside Minhyuk’s.

“I’m glad you could join us today.” She grinned at him, Minhyuk bumped fists with her. The two looked up as one of the male staffs walked in, pulling the wheel with him.

“Lee Dohyun. Song Kang. Yeo Jingoo. Seo Kangjoon.” Chaeyeon read the names that were printed in bold colorful letters, Minhyuk excitedly looked on.

“We’ve already have reached out to their agencies and have expressed our interest regarding with working with their artists, president.”

“So, what did they say?”

“Most companies were welcoming with the idea, and that they see no problem with working together with us. Also, I think it also helped that it’s almost common knowledge now that the president Oh is related to Oh Sehun.”

Minhyuk chuckled, Chaeyeon eyed him warily.

“That’s good then, but you didn’t make any promises, right? I mean, we still have this,” She gestured towards the colorful wheel.

“So, shall we start?” Minhyuk asked as he leaned on the table, Chaeyeon nodded at him.

“Who wants to do the super mature act of spinning the wheel?” She said in a playful tone and the other staff chuckled.

 

 

 

“Hey, we got a call.”

The young man sitting on the leather seat looked up, the makeup artist stepped back as he spun the seat to face his manager.

“Yes, hyung?”

“Remember the other day when someone from the company met with you?” His manager stated, the younger male nodded back.

“Yes, it was regarding this clothing brand wanting to work with us. I thought we weren’t going to hear from them till next week.”

“I thought the same too, but they called the company earlier this morning again. They want you.” He said, the male tilted his head.

“The company said that they’re more than okay with you working with them. Since its local brand, that has gone global despite its young age. Also, it doesn’t hurt that this brand is somehow tied to a big name in the business. Or, that’s what I heard.”

“A big name?” He asked, he took the folder his manager was holding, he set his script aside and went through the papers.

“They have everything prepared. Once the papers have been finalized, you’ll have to wear their pieces from time to time, then we will be coordinating with them regarding the shoot and where we will be filming.”

The male grew thoughtful as he checked the mood boards and pictures of the company’s clothes.

“What do you think?”

“Is this the owner? President Oh Chaeyeon?” He pointed towards the name on the bottom of the papers.

“Yes, her. Does it not ring a bell?”

“Should it ring a bell?” He asked him, a little confused. His manager sighed at him and took out his phone.

“I’ll let this slide since you’ve been so busy lately and your schedule could kill any other normal person, but look at this,” He tossed his phone at him, the latter chuckled and expertly caught it.

“Oh Sehun’s sister?” He murmured as he browsed through the photos, he grew confused again and his brows rose.

“She’s the owner? Her?” He asked, the older male nodded.

“Song Kang, male leading man, clueless about latest topics around him.” His manager said in a mocking tone, the actor chuckled and elbowed him.

“She’s pretty, hyung.” He commented as he returned the phone.

“So, what do you think? Want to give it a try?”

Song Kang pursed his lips, growing thoughtful.

“Working with a young figure might do you well. I mean, she’s influential too.”

Song Kang smiled and looked at the photo again, his lips quirked up.

“Let’s do it, but, I’d like to meet her first,”

“She’s Oh Sehun’s sister. Don’t even try.” The male laughed at him, Song Kang rolled his eyes.

“I’d like to talk to her about the contract, don’t look at me like that.”

 

 

 

Shownu leaned back on his seat as his secretary walked in the office, the male had a bunch of documents with him.

“Our Busan office has been informed about you joining them, sir. They would like to know if you have any requests for your office?”

“No, what about the penthouse? I haven’t spoken to the movers yet.” Shownu asked, the male nodded before setting the documents on his desk.

“They will be coming over this weekend to gather the boxes, sir.”

Shownu nodded, his phone started ringing, Wonho’s name was flashing on the screen.

“Can you make sure that there are two parking slots?” He asked as he stood up and got his phone, the other male nodded with a smile.

“Then, I’ll get going, sir. Your meeting with director Hong and manager Im is in an hour.”

Shownu thanked the male and got his phone.

“What is it?”

“I’m calling because of work. We have a conference meeting to attend tomorrow, it’s followed by a lunch banquet.”

“I’m really needed there?” Shownu grew amused.

“Yes. How are you not bothered at all?” Wonho asked, he turned his head when the doors opened. Chaeyeon walked in, and her brows rose seeing him on the phone.

“Bad time? I’ll just drop these off.” She mouthed at him, she raised the coffee and sandwiches she was holding. Shownu shook his head and took her hand before she could walk away.

“I’ll call you back later. I’ll be there tomorrow.” He said before ending the call. Chaeyeon blinked at him, Shownu smiled before kissing the side of her head.

“It sounded important.” She commented, Shownu helped her with her coat.

“Are you free tomorrow? Can I kidnap you?”

“Depends.” She mused at him before sitting down on the leather couch.

“It’s a work thing with Samsung. Wonho insists that I go.”

Chaeyeon nodded along and pushed his coffee towards him. Shownu sat down across the girl.

“How did your meeting go?”

“We finally…decided on someone, well the wheel did. It’s this young actor. I guess things will work out, he has a pretty large fan base too.” She trailed off as she opened one of the sandwiches.

“Did Soph win this time? She mentioned she wanted that other actor to win.” Shownu mentioned as he started eating. Chaeyeon was eyeing his desk; some of his things were being packed in boxes.

“I think? Who does she like?” She stood up and peeked through the boxes.

“But, are you okay with this?” Chaeyeon looked up, Shownu blinked at her, confused.

“What do you mean?”

“You asked me if I was okay about you being assigned to Busan. You never mentioned if you were okay with it yourself.” She pursed her lips as she touched the folders on his desk.

“And I know that you’ve been getting all this love calls from your father’s side of the family too.” Chaeyeon trailed off, Shownu put his sandwich down and smiled at her.

“I’m only asking because I know that you aren’t really fond of corporate work. You’re…built different. Not bad kind of different. But, I know it’s not your thing.” Her forehead slightly creased and she looked at him.

“What’s this, are you asking me not to go?” Shownu mused as he walked to her. Chaeyeon leaned against the desk and crossed her arms.

“I’m asking you if you’re okay with being moved to Busan, which is hours away from the auto shop. It’s your safe place.” She shrugged at him before leaning in to straighten his tie.

“You’re not asking if I’m okay with being moved away from you. So, wrong question.” He replied as he put his hands on her waist.

Chaeyeon grimaced and he laughed.

“I’m not going to ask that.” She shot back, Shownu smiled but the girl leaned in and wrapped her arms around his neck.

“But it will feel weird not having you around on most days. Lunch breaks will be terribly short for me.” She mused, Shownu snorted and let the girl hug him.

“What’s wrong?” Shownu asked her, sensing her discomfort.

“You’re right. It just hit me.” She mumbled, Shownu smiled and kissed her shoulder.

“What?”

“You’re four hours away, what if my car breaks down?”

“I got you one that doesn’t break down.”

“But still.” She said, almost sounding petulant.

“I’ll drive back to pick you up, that is, if you’ll wait for me.” Shownu playfully said, Chaeyeon smiled and nodded.

 

 

 

“Yes, I already spoke to Shownu about it. He’ll be there.” Wonho shouted over to his phone, he was on loudspeaker while putting on one of this white tank tops.

“Alright, I understand director. I will inform the board about it.” His secretary replied, the call ended. He puffed his cheeks and made his way towards his desk, he turned his head to the windows.

“His car is a dead giveaway. That’s how she found this place.” He murmured as he eyed Shownu’s parked Mustang. Wonho sighed and fixed his shirt, he grabbed his work jacket and was about to head down when he heard a loud honk.

He walked back to the windows and he paused. A heavily modified Toyota Tundra had just rolled in, his brows rose and he went down the steps.

He chucked his phone back in his pocket and reached the lower floor, he halted when the driver’s door opened.

“Hey, we’re~” Wonho stopped when a petite lady leapt down from the vehicle and her eyes went to him. Wonho paused again, there was something painfully familiar with her piercing stare.

“I’ve been looking all over downtown for my friends, and my search leads me here. Why?” She spoke to him, she wasn’t even using the formal tone of speaking.

Wonho studied the girl again, she was wearing a pair of loose denim jeans that were extremely distressed, a holey crop top that was clearly designer and a pair of chunky Balenciaga sneakers.

“Your friends?” Wonho repeated, unsure. The girl sighed and looked around the shop, she started to walk towards the cars. Wonho stepped back, a little unsure.

“You’re not him.” She stated as she turned to look at him.

Wonho blinked at her, somehow the girl had kind of scared him. But she was ridiculously beautiful.

“I’m not?”

The girl sighed and crossed her arms, Wonho turned his head as he heard sirens from the outside. He walked towards the entrance and halted as he noticed two police cars parked in front of the shop.

He turned his head to the girl.

“I tried to give them a chance to keep up. But those sedan are awfully slow. Ugh. Weak.” She shuddered, Wonho balked at her.

“They’re here for you?” He asked her, she pursed her lips before replying.

“I think so.” She shrugged as she walked towards the parked Audi, she looked over the hood.

“People buy these luxury cars and end up sending them away for repairs. It’s because they never really last unless~”

Wonho saw the three policemen approaching, they were eyeing the pickup truck and nodding to each other.

“Sirs, what is going on?” Wonho put on a smile as the officers reached him, the males paused as he saw him.

“Y—Young master, we weren’t aware that this vehicle is yours.” One of the policemen spoke, Wonho smiled at him.

“Not mine, but it’s owned by someone…I know. And she was in a rush so, I’ll have to apologize for her.”

“Ah, really? We were alarmed when someone reported a truck as big as that speeding around downtown, please tell your friend to slow down. It’s not a common car, so it’s easily spotted.”

“Yes, thank you.” Wonho said to them, he watched as the policemen retreated and got back inside their cars.

Wonho walked back to the shop and found the girl sitting on the counter, her legs crossed as she looked at him.

“I’m sorry, but who are you?”

“Those guys listen to you. That only means two things, you’re one of their higher ups. And I’m sure you’re not, you don’t look like one of those middle-aged officials. You don’t.” She shook her head as she blatantly stared at him, Wonho grew a little conscious and picked up his jacket.

“Or,” She said as her lips quirked up.

“They know you’re more powerful than them, the government.” She finished with a small smirk.

“I…I’m sorry, I’m going to have to ask you to~”

“You’re not Son Hyunwoo. You’re not Chaeyeon’s boyfriend. So, who are you, and why was I given this address?” She said to him as she hopped down the counter.

“You know Chaeyeon?”

“Yes, Minhyuk’s Chaeyeon. Minhyuk’s headache.” She shrugged at him, she fiddling with the keys to her truck.

“No, she’s my headache.” Wonho replied, his brows went up.

“Sure, and they call me typhoon.” She said to him, Wonho was about to speak when a familiar Maserati pulled over.

“Jung Heesoo! Do not hurt my head of security!”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++