010

You Got Me Too

 

 

 

Chaeyeon pushed the door open and showed herself in, she kicked her heels off as she reached the living room.

“Oh, are you checking on me?” Minhyuk asked, he was seated on the carpeted floor, right across the huge flat screen TV.

“We haven’t been bonding in a while, how are you? Oh,” Chaeyeon’s eyes landed on the Hermes Birkin before him. He had it propped up on the coffee table along with his painting materials.

“Is this for Sophia?” She was smiling as she plopped down beside him, Minhyuk rolled his eyes at her.

“It’s really beautiful. Do I get one?” She asked as she poked through his paint brushes.

“Only if you won’t leave the country and not come back for months.” He replied as he picked up his brush again, Chaeyeon smiled to herself.

“Hey, before you even started dating her, you knew how hectic her life is. And she was never based in Seoul.” She said as she leaned back against the couch behind them. From the way his lower lip jutted out, Chaeyeon could see how bothered her friend was.

“I know that.” He finally replied.

“But she’s already moved her main office here, it may take a few months, but…you know, she’s trying.”

“It’s not that. I’m…fine with her working out of town, it’s just..all these travels, you know. I see how it takes a toll her. She gets tired too, but her family doesn’t seem to realize that. They treat her as if…”

“As if?” Chaeyeon prodded, Minhyuk put the brush down and gently pushed the purse away from him.

“As if she’s some working horse that’s not allowed to rest.” He finished as he briefly leaned his head on her shoulder.

“Did…you ever tell her what you think?”

“No.”

“Whoa, I totally don’t see what the problem here is.” She mused at him, Minhyuk huffed and stood up.

“I have a point, huh?” She spoke again, Minhyuk waved her off and went into his room. Chaeyeon chuckled to herself and crossed her legs, her friend reappeared later, carrying an orange-colored box with him.

“I hate that you do, but fine.” Minhyuk shot back as he sat down beside her and pushed the box to her knees.

“I always knew you have a soft spot for me.” She beamed at her friend as she took out the Hermes purse from the box, she broke into a smile as she eyed Minhyuk’s painting on the bag.

“I know you don’t like flowers, so I went with your favorite animals, and your go-to patterns.”

Chaeyeon was smiling before giving her friend a hug.

“You’re the best, Lee Minhyuk.”

“Of course, I am. Now,” Minhyuk pressed his palms together, Chaeyeon turned to him.

“Hmm?”

“How are you not reacting to that ex? The one who introduced herself in the oddest way.” He said as she picked up the remote control, the girl sighed at him.

“Come on, Yeon.”

“I don’t think there’s a need to? I mean, Shownu doesn’t react to her, it would be weird if I react to her.”

“Hey, that statement is so going to bite you in the .”

“I don’t think it will. I love this bag by the way.”

 

 

 

“Th—That’s him? Our new boss?”

“I know.” The other female employee said with a dreamy sigh. Most of the high-ranking staff at KB Financial’s Busan headquarters had gathered at the building’s lobby to greet the young director who has been assigned to oversee the branch.

“I mean, wow. Just wow.” She elbowed her friend back as the young executive walked in and chatted with the other managers. He was smiling as the older men crowded around him, obviously wanting to get in his good graces.

“He seems the arrogant type but look at those shoulders.”

“The face too. The face and the body!”

The director Son moved forward and was guided towards an elevator, he grinned at his secretary as they got inside.

“Well, sir?”

“This…isn’t really necessary.” Showu mumbled back as he leaned against the railing behind him, his secretary nodded, a little amused. His slightly introverted boss was never a fan of having to speak up in public.

“They are all excited, this is the first time Seoul has sent someone. Someone from the family.”

Shownu simply shook his head, the doors pinged open and the two men stepped out.

“You have a short meeting with the Busan admin department after lunch, sir. As well as the accounting team requests, that if it okay with you they’d like to set up a conference with audit as well.”

Shownu was the first one to walk inside his new office, he nodded back.

“That sounds okay, what about my meeting with general manager~” He paused when his phone started to ring again, he took it out, thinking it would be Chaeyeon. But it wasn’t.

Aerin

His forehead creased as he put the phone down.

“Please, take it, sir. It’s not that urgent, general manager Im still visiting one of our sites.” His secretary said as he arranged the folders on his boss’s desk.

“It’s not important. Which site is this?”

“Would you like to see it for yourself, sir? He’s at the new branch, just two blocks away.”

Shownu nodded back, his secretary excused himself to have the car prepared. Shownu grabbed his phone again and found a text had arrived.

How’s your first day going? I was at Minhyuk’s earlier, sorry I missed your call. – Chaeyeon

Shownu’s lips quirked up before texting her back.

We already had lunch. I’ll call you once I’m at the office, or, if you’re not busy. -Chaeyeon

I’ll call you in a bit. Be safe. -Shownu

He sent her a quick reply, he picked up his discarded coat and made his way out of the room.

 

 

 

Heesoo hopped inside the studio office without knocking, Chaeyeon looked up from her desk.

“Hi, what’s up?” Chaeyeon said as she put her pencil down, she eyed the sketch warily before standing up.

“I figured that I’m jobless, still. And now, you’re single.” She begun as she threw herself on the couch, Chaeyeon chuckled.

“Single? Me? Since when?”

“Since Son Hyunwoo is out of town.” Heesoo winked at her, Chaeyeon shook her head and asked her secretary to have some tea served. Heesoo noticed the cup of coffee sitting on the table, she turned to her friend.

“Oh, Wonho oppa~”

The doors to fitting room opened and a familiar face appeared, he stopped when he saw Heesoo sitting across him.

“How is it, oppa?” Chaeyeon asked as she walked towards him, Heesoo grinned at him.

“I see Chaeyeon has become your emergency wardrobe, beefcake.”

“W-Well, I didn’t know I have to be at this black-tie event this afternoon.” Wonho explained as Chaeyeon leaned down to check the hem of his slacks.

“I need to fix the cuffs, oppa. I’ll have it sent to your office right after. What about the shirts?” Chaeyeon stood up again.

“I like the white one. I’ll try it on now.” Wonho said before walking back behind the doors again, Chaeyeon sat down again and took a small sip from her tea.

“Beefcake?” She said, Heesoo nodded back at her.

“I was in a tight situation a few days back, I needed backup. Then I saw him, everyone’s Wonho oppa.” She said, Chaeyeon was about to comment when the office doors opened. Heesoo followed her gaze, and she pressed her lips together, the group of women who just walked in were her cousins.

“Chaeyeon-ah,” Her older cousin, Sera said with a grin as they walk into the room, her sister, Junhee was right behind her.

“Unnie, hi.” Chaeyeon stood up to greet the two, Heesoo’s eyes went to Joori, the girl rolled her eyes and stood up to sit on Chaeyeon’s chair.

“What brings you all here?” Chaeyeon asked, Heesoo didn’t miss how the girl didn’t bother to say hi to Joori, and the latter seem to be extremely uncomfortable.

“We’re here because we heard about you working with our favorite actor.” Sera mused at her, Chaeyeon grew amused.

“You wanted to see him? Song Kang doesn’t have an appointment today, unnie. You should have called, I would~”

“Headache, I’m not sure about this,” Wonho walked out of the fitting room again, he was holding on to a white dress shirt with a frown on his face. And, he had no shirt on.

“Why, oppa?” She asked as she grabbed a bunch of pins again, Heesoo looked on with amusement as the cousins grew quiet.

“It won’t fit me.” Wonho stated, and then he realized there were more people in the room, he broke into a smile.

“Hi, I’m her head of security~”

“Back to the fitting room now, Lee Wonho.” Chaeyeon sighed at him, Wonho chuckled and jogged away from her.

“Give me a few minutes,” Chaeyeon said as she excused herself and left the office. Heesoo watched the Shinsegae daughters as they chatted.

“Chaeyeon’s new friends are really something. I mean, look at that guy.”

“I know, he’s like on legs.”

Heesoo grimaced and looked away, Joori paused, noticing the girl on her cousin’s desk.

“I mean, how did Chaeyeon choose? Between him~”

“Exactly, both are Samsung princes, plus have you seen this guy smile? I’d take off my if he asked me to~”

“That’s it.” Heesoo stood up from the chair, Junhee and Sera halted.

“Hee—Heesoo, we thought you..left the room.” Junhee blurted out, Heesoo shuddered and grabbed her purse.

“I’m going to wait outside. Where it’s safe.” She said as she walked towards the fitting room and pulled the door open, Wonho turned to her.

“You too, come with me.” She said to him as she grabbed his discarded shirt, Wonho blinked at her.

“What~”

“Just please. Follow me, head of security. I feel like you’re the one who needs protecting now.” Heesoo mumbled as she grabbed him by the arm and pulled him out of the room.

 

 

 

Chaeyeon huffed as she stared at her laptop’s screen. She had tons of emails to go through, a number of appointments she had to answer and of course, she needed to approve new designs for her next collection.

She took a long sip from her coffee and leaned back on the chair, she looked around her and grew envious of the other customers who were lounging around the coffee shop. Chaeyeong ran her fingers through her hair went back to typing.

“I see you’re familiar with your houses,”

The girl looked up, she paused, recognizing the male behind his dark sunglasses as he smiled at her.

“I see you’re out and about,” She replied, he chuckled at her reply and took the seat across her.

“So, Ravenclaw?” He asked, pointing out the sticker on her laptop case, Chaeyeon smiled and shook her head.

“Slytherin, actually.” She replied, Song Kang nodded and put his coffee down.

“It feels strange seeing you other than at your studio, you seem busy.” He asked her, Chaeyeon sighed before speaking.

“I was assuming I could have one of those rare lazy weekends, then I realized, I have a lot of things piled up. What about you?” She asked, Song Kang carefully put his glasses down and looked around them.

“I don’t have anything in my schedule till next week, I got the clothes you sent by the way. Thank you, pre~”

“We talked about this.” She flinched, Song Kang chuckled and nodded.

“Chaeyeon.” He corrected himself, the girl happily nodded and went back to looking at her laptop again.

“Lucky you, nothing to do. Wait,” She sat up, her eyes were on him. Song Kang paused as the girl dragged her chair right next to his and she pushed her laptop to him.

“How about you take a look at this,” She said as she opened a folder filled with photos and sketches. Song Kang pressed his lips together, she was sitting so close to him that he could catch a hint of her perfume.

“You know your clothes, right? I heard you helped the director choose clothes for the shoot the other week. What do you think about this?” She pointed towards the screen, Song Kang finally diverted his gaze.

“It’s supposed to be a long coat, you know, but not all…males can wear it. that’s why I’m not sure if I should..release it. And the shades,” She trailed off, Song Kang zoomed in on the photo.

“I like how its double ed, but maybe instead of using the usual black buttons,” He stated, he paused when Chaeyeon moved in closer.

“How about opting for the classic gold or silver buttons? That way, it can be a statement piece as well. And, producing it in lesser number will turn into..somewhat a limited edition piece?” He trailed off, thinking that he had spoken too much. But the young president was nodding along.

“That’s…a great idea. Wow.”

“Should I be offended?” Song Kang chuckled, Chaeyeon shook her head at him.

“I mean, I never thought of it that way. That’s…genius. Hey,” Chaeyeon nudged him by the arm, Song Kang stilled and turned to her.

“Y—Yes?”

“Want to work with us?” She asked while grinning at him, the older male smiled back.

“Maybe if I ever have free time, I’ll clock in at your office, president.” He said to her, teasing.

“You better.” She shot back, she shut her laptop close and picked up her drink. Song Kang glanced at her again and he took his phone out from his coat pocket.

“Right, Chaeyeon-ssi,” He began, Chaeyeon shoved her laptop in its bag.

“Yes?”

“I forgot to ask for your phone number the other day and~”

“Oh god. My phone. Right.” She balked; he grew surprised at her reaction.

“I was supposed to call him..or was he supposed to call me? I…Shownu,” She mumbled as she hurriedly gathered her things, Song Kang grew confused.

“Ch~”

“I’m sorry, I have to go. Thanks for being a big help. Coffee’s on me next time.” She said before patting his hand, Song Kang could only watch as she dashed out of the shop with her purse and laptop.

“Next time.” He softly said with a small smile.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++