045

You Got Me Too

 

 

 

Chaeyeon smiled to herself as she leaned against the windows, she had a cup of iced coffee in hand as she looked at the gardens, Sehun and Seri were enjoying dessert with the Oh elders. Her older brother looked so relaxed that it made her feel all warm inside. It may have taken a while for things between Sehun, Sophia and Minhyuk to be normal again, but seeing him smiling so openly like that made Chaeyeon happy.

Her brother deserves nothing but happiness.

“Social battery is low now?”

She glanced over her shoulder and shook her head, Shownu followed her gaze and his brows rose.

“He was worried that you wouldn’t like her or, you’d use the “mean younger sister” card on them.” He mused as he stood beside her, Chaeyeon snorted and hooked arms with him.

“I was never like that, although there was that one girl who followed him around too much. I took care of that.” Chaeyeon mused, Shownu paused to look at the crown of her head.

“Are you a gangster?”

She let out a laugh and leaned her cheek against his arm.

“I’m happy he’s happy. I just hope his fans don’t go crazy again. Seri’s a nice girl, my parents seem to like her.” She commented in a soft tone.

“She is, she also mentioned that in her younger years, she’s never heard of Exo.” Shownu added, Chaeyeon froze and looked up.

“She hasn’t?”

“She mentioned that she’s always been busy with school growing up, I think Sehun didn’t have an easy time trying to catch her attention.”

“Well, good for him. Girls love him. He should grovel, even for a bit.” She muttered, but she was smiling.

“You just wanted to get in his nerves for a bit, huh?” He asked as he pulled the girl to his side, Chaeyeon wordlessly nodded.

“That’s one of my main purposes in life, to annoy Oh Sehun.” She proudly announced, Shownu smiled and kissed the top of her head.

“Hmm, then can you help me out then?”

“Help you with what? Is it a work thing? Because, Son Hyunwoo, I just recently took over for Kia, so, hard pass.” She grumbled, Shownu let out a small laugh but his arm remained firmly on her waist.

“Help me with one of my main purposes in life too.”

“Oh, that’s deep. Okay, shoot.” She faced him, Shownu chewed on his lower lip before speaking.

“Please don’t run away.”

“What?”

“I’d like to be married to you, Oh Chaeyeon.”

Chaeyeon froze, surprised with his statement. And then he slowly reached for his coat pocket and produced a small red box.

“There’s a reason why I came here earlier than you, I wanted to talk with your parents.”

“Oh, did they say yes?” She blinked at him, Shownu balked at her but he smiled.

“It’s your decision, Yeon. I just told them that I’d like to marry you, only if you’ll have me.”

“Oh.” She nodded back, Shownu bit on the insides of his cheek. And then she turned quiet as she stared at the collar of the shirt he was wearing. In fact, her silence put the usually calm Son Hyunwoo on edge.

He started to fidget, but Chaeyeon still didn’t utter a word.

“Chaeyeon-ah,” He softly spoke, the girl blinked, and her eyes went to his.

“Oh, yes. I mean, I’ll have you?” She said, clueless, and then she sighed.

“I was trying to come up with a non-cliché answer, then I realized, mandarin collars really don’t work well with certain body types. And, if we really push through with the whole idea of electric cars and stop producing those fuel consuming~ Sorry.” Chaeyon pressed her lips together, Shownu couldn’t help but smile, but the girl leapt into his arms and wrapped her arms around his neck.

“I don’t think I would ever say no to that, Son Hyunwoo. You’re the impressive boyfriend.” She whispered, Shownu chuckled and kissed her cheek.

“Still, thank you, Chaeyeon-ah.” He said as he put her down, Chaeyeon smiled at him and nodded. He leaned down and gently caught her lips with his.

“It’s no big deal.” She hummed with a small smile as she pulled back, Shownu chuckled.

“Hehe, I win.” He whispered back before pulling her in for a hug.

 

 

 

Minhyuk hooked arms with his friends as they got off the escalator.

“We haven’t done this in a while. I mean, just the two of us.” He spoke as he eyed Wonho warily, Chaeyeon chuckled and just pulled the male with him.

“It feels like I’ve been kicked to the number two spot. I am your best friend, I will always be number one.”

“You’re literally about to become a parent, grow up.” She hissed at him, Wonho chuckled as Chaeyeon linked arms with him too.

“Anyway, Sophia’s at a meeting. Her parents are in town too.” Minhyuk informed her, Chaeyeon nodded back.

“Then, they will be throwing some sort of party, huh? For the little one, or..your engagement.” Chaeyeon was smiling, Minhyuk nodded back.

“I heard you already met the girl. The one who was photographed with your brother.” Wonho begun, Minhyuk smirked at his friend.

“I did. Her name’s Seri.”

“And?” Wonho pressed, he knew that Chaeyeon as a bit hesitant for a time. She was the protective type, but she would never admit that.

“She’s nice, oppa. Stop staring at me like that.”

“We have to check. You have a tendency to be mean.” Minhyuk nodded along, Chaeyeon balked at the male and pulled her arm away from him.

Wonho started to laugh at her reaction.

“I do not!”

“Yes, you do. Remember that girl Sehun went out with in highschool~”

“Oh, come on, she was a bit~”

“See? This is how she is. I guess I’m lucky I got together with Sophia, but~”

Chaeyeon socked his arm, Wonho shook his head and pulled the girl away from him. The three continued to walk forward.

“Be nice to her. Your brother seems happy.” Wonho commented, Chaeyeon exhaled, but she nodded.

“I like her, we chatted over lunch the other day. You can ask Shownu if you don’t believe me.”

Minhyuk glanced at the girl and he smiled.

“So, you two are still not telling the elders, huh?” He said as he raised the girl’s hand, Wonho paused, noticing the ring on her finger.

“He proposed, already? How come you didn’t tell me?” Wonho frowned at her, Minhyuk snickered.

“But, I already know. Why? Because I will always be number one, Wonho oppa.” He made a face at him, Chaeyeon was out of words with her friend’s childishness.

“Wow, Lee Minhyuk. Just, wow.” She blurted out before looking at Wonho.

“Oppa, it happened so quick. I wanted to call you but~”

“Fine, I’m number two.” Wonho rolled his eyes at her, the girl sighed and looked around her.

“I guess, Shownu will just have to settle for number three then.” She mumbled to herself, but she was smiling as she followed the two men into the shop.

 

 

 

Shownu ran his fingers through his hair as he stepped out of his home study, he had taken a day off work to help out Minhyuk with the preparations. But, work still called, and he had just finished a video call conference.

He scrunched his nose, a little peeved. He had decided to transfer back to their main branch in Seoul and assigned one of the trusted managing heads in Busan.

It wasn’t going to work anyway. Being away from Oh Chaeyeon did take a toll on him, he wasn’t as rational as his fiancé.

He made his way down the steps and heard that the TV was still on, but he paused.

“Chaeyeon’s watching baseball?” He said to himself as he reached the end of the stairs, he made his way to the living room and founder her asleep on the couch, curled into a ball as she hugged one of the pillows to her chest.

Shownu let out a small chuckle, he lowered the TV’s volume and set aside the empty cup of coffee beside the girl.

And then he slowly lifted her up and between her and the couch so that she was lying on top of him. The girl stirred slightly but she inched closer to his chest.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know that the call would take long.” He softly said, the girl hummed back in reply.

“So, who won the game?” He asked her, he noticed how her nose scrunched slightly.

“The guys wearing…blue and red were winning, I think.” She mumbled as she pressed her nose against his neck, Shownu smiled.

“Wonho messaged me earlier.”

“Hmm, what did oppa say?” She replied, her eyes slowly opening. Shownu was running his fingers up and down her back.

“That he will always be number one.”

Chaeyeon let out a groggy laugh and she slowly sat up, she paused and looked around, a little disoriented.

“Wow, how long was that call?” She blurted out, realizing that it was already late in the afternoon.

“Two hours.” Shownu shuddered, she grinned before leaning down to kiss him.

“Should we still go out to eat? Or, we can have kimchi fried rice and call it a day?” She murmured as she lay down on his chest again.

“We can’t call it a day yet, Yeon.”

“Why? Are you going to ask why Wonho oppa is number one, or why Minhyuk is number one too?” She sighed, Shownu chuckled and patted her , the girl swatted his hand away, but she was smiling.

“No. You know what tomorrow is, right?”

“It’s Saturday. A weekend. We do not move on weekends.”

“No, we have to move now.”

“Why?”

“We haven’t picked up a gift for Minhyuk and Sophia. It’s their engagement party~”

“Oh .” She stood up so suddenly that she almost tripped on the coffee table, good thing Shownu held on to her arm.

“I don’t think your other number one would like it if we came late and unprepared.”

“Just..let me fix my hair.” She muttered before running towards the stairs and up to his room, Shownu smiled to himself before standing up.

“I’m number three then.” He mused to himself before heading to the garage.

 

 

 

Minhyuk smiled as he saw the Oh siblings walk in the private banquet, Chaeyeon blew him a kiss before they were led to a table.

“Are you sure about this?” He said as he walked towards Sophia, the girl was chatting with some of her cousins, she turned to him with raised brows.

“What?”

“I would be fine with a bigger party, we have lots of friends and business partners too. I thought you’d want something like that.” He said as he took her hand in his, the girl smiled at him.

“But, this is better. An intimate party with people who actually matter to us.” She said, Shownu and Wonho appeared, the two males waved at them before proceeding to greet the elders.

“Soph, you’re a Wu. You come from a big clan.”

“I know, but most of my relatives are away.”

“Well, they would have flown here if you didn’t just suddenly plan this impromptu~ Oh. ” Minhyuk paused, he blinked at her. Sophia chuckled and brushed the bits of frosting on the side of his lips. Minhyuk had been munching on cupcakes since earlier.

“You did this on purpose.”

“What? Getting pregnant or scheduling the party out of the blue?” She shot back as they walked towards their friends. Heesoo was already chatting with Sehun and Seri, while Wonho looked on, amused.

“The party, Sophia Wu.” Minhyuk sighed in reply, she grinned and leaned on his arm.

“I just prefer the quiet, once we do tell everyone about the baby, peace will never be an option.” She whispered, Minhyuk looked at and he smiled.

“Right now, it’s enough that our parents know. I don’t think I can handle all the doting from my grandparents.” She nodded along as they reached their table.

“Congratulations and best wishes to my best friend and my other best friend.” Chaeyeon said as she stood up to hug the two, Minhyuk paused at her words.

“Excuse me?”

Sehun chuckled and shook his head, Seri blinked at him.

“What’s so funny?” She asked him, Shownu slowly shook his head and picked up a cupcake from the table.

“She’s number three then. I’m still at one.” Minhyuk said, Wonho shook his head.

“No, you’re number three. I’m number one, Typhoon is the second.” The big buff man stated, Heesoo chortled and gestured for Shownu to come with her.

“Let’s get something to eat and let the kids settle this, Son Hyunwoo,” She said, Shownu nodded and went with her.

Chaeyeon sighed and looked at the two males.

“Well? I’m number one, right?” Minhyuk pressed, Sophia snorted and sat beside Seri.

“They’re always competing for Chaeyeon.” She said, Sehun nodded with her.

“What does that make Shownu? Number four?” Seri blinked back, Sehun and Sophia laughed.

“I am number one, I am Wonho oppa.” Wonho shot back, before Minhyuk could reply, Chaeyeon covered his mouth with her palm.

“Vivi is number one, so, drop it.”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++