024

You Got Me Too

 

Sophia leaned back on her chair, she brought her cup of coffee to her lips and then she paused.

“It’s all gone.” She blurted out, her secretary stepped in the office with a bunch of documents.

“Did you see this? Did you notice?”

The male looked at her and walked around the his boss’s desk to check her computer.

“What do you mean, ma’am?”

“Last night, all these rumors about Heesoo started spreading like wildfire. About her getting married and she was being linked to ChoiSan. Did you not hear?”

“I saw the articles last night. I thought you had something to do with it.”

“I wanted to do something, but I was at Chaeyeon’s party and I couldn’t just call~” The girl paused, her brows went up.

“There isn’t even a trace of them being linked, ma’am. It’s all gone, is it young miss Oh? Or director Lee?”

“I don’t think. Chaeyeon won’t interfere unless she’s asked to. Minhyuk too.” She murmured, the girl stood up.

“I have to meet director Jang, right?”

“Yes, he wants discuss regarding the Cheon Pharm deal.”

“Okay, tell him I’ll be there in twenty minutes. Have the car prepared.”

The secretary excused himself and left the office, Sophia picked up her purse, she was about to leave when the girl stopped.

“Someone powerful enough to have legit articles and websites removed. Someone who’s bold enough to do this despite ChoiSan already being involved.”

She started to smile as she made her way towards the elevators.

“Someone who wants to be involved because it’s Heesoo.”

 

 

 

“Okay, I know we talked about getting breakfast somewhere, I’m sorry I slept in!” Chaeyeon said as she walked in the garage, she paused, Shownu was still in his sweats while he peered over his Mustang’s hood. He had ditched his shirt and it was lying on the floor.

“Huh.”

“I woke up late too.” He grinned at her.

“I have a few missed calls from Soph. Do you think it’s urgent?” She said as she walked over to him, Shownu smiled before kissing the side of her head. Chaeyeon sighed at her phone before putting it down by the tool cart.

“Maybe it’s about last night?”

“Why? What about last night? Are we still going out?”

“Do you want to?” Shownu asked, he wrapped his other arm around her while shutting the car’s hood close.

“Give me like an hour to get ready.”

“You aren’t using this.” He said, purposely not letting go of her, Chaeyeon blinked at him.

“The Mustang.”

“Oh, well. It’s your car.”

“I thought you were going to use it while I’m away. It needs to run too.”

“You’re letting me drive your baby? That’s an insane amount of trust, Son Hyunwoo.” She pointed out, he chuckled and gave her behind a small squeeze.

“Hey!”

“But, you’re my baby.”

Chaeyeon paused and she shut , Shownu started to laugh.

“I am so disappointed. Get out.” She said dryly, Shownu continued to chuckle, he grabbed the girl’s phone.

“I’ll go make us coffee. Please be quick. I’m hungry too.” He mused at her, Chaeyeon made a face at him but she followed him back to the house.

“We should go to a buffet then.”

Shownu nodded at her as they reached the kitchen, Chaeyeon was about to head upstairs but he playfully tugged her back and captured his lips with hers.

“I’m not sure if you’re just hungry, or this is an effect of the said hunger. But, okay.” Chaeyeon muttered, but she was smiling as she stood on her toes and kissed him back.

Shownu let go of her and walked towards the coffee machine, he was about to get cups for them when the girl’s phone started to ring. He walked towards the device, thinking it was Sophia.

But it wasn’t.

Song Kang

His eyebrows grew knitted together, he flipped the device’s screen away from him and went back to the coffee machine.

 

 

 

“What did I tell you?”

Aerin glanced at her friend, and she rolled her eyes. Jisoo sighed at her friend.

“He’s out of his mind. Girls like that won’t make him happy.”

“Hey, you were the one who messed up. Remember what you said?”

Aerin made a face at her friend and picked up her glass of iced tea, the two were friends had met, wanting to catch up.

“What did I say?”

“That it was boring. He was too much for you.”

“Well, back then, I was stupid.”

“Stupid enough to two-time both the Samsung sons. But, you know, whatever floats your boat.” Jisoo pointed, her friend sighed and looked away.

“Aerin, he’s already happy with someone. Just let him go.”

“He thinks he is. But, she’s not the type that would hold his interest for long, you know. I know him. I know Son Hyunwoo.” Aerin softly said, her friend remained silent.

“Oh Chaeyeon, girls like her are so high-maintenance, you know. They’re complete total opposites. She’s probably the needy type, he doesn’t like that.”

“How are you so sure? You never even ran in her circle.” Jisoo pointed out, Aerin ignored her friend’s snide remark.

“Just watch, I’ll definitely get him. He will come back to me.”

“I’m worried for you.” Jisoo said to her, Aerin snorted at her friend.

“You think her high society background is a flaw but to be honest, it’s not. No offense.”

“She’s too posh, that won’t do.”

“I give up. Dig your own grave if you want. I still think crossing one of the Ohs will not bring you any good.”

“She’s taken what’s mine. I will cross her, besides, she doesn’t know what’s coming for her. I have to remind her that I will always be his first choice.” Aerin smiled to herself before taking another sip of her iced tea.

 

 

 

Chaeyeon eased the Mustang to slow halt and slid down from the car, she made her way towards the shops’ frontage and paused.

Wonho was there, but he wasn’t dressed in his usual auto shop get up. He was in one of his business suits, and he looked a little aggravated.

“Oppa?” She called out, and then realizing that there were five or more men in dark suits inside the shop as well.

“Is this…Am I interrupting something?” She asked, Wonho shook his head and waved her over.

“Say hi. This is Hyunwoo’s girlfriend, Oh Chaeyeon.”

The men gave her polite bows, she smiled back at them, a little unsure.

“Oppa, what’s going on?”

“Nothing much, there’s just something I need to check on. What brings you here?”

The men started to move away, and soon they left the shop.

“I just came to drop by and tell you that…I don’t know, really. I got bored at the office, and I realized I haven’t been here lately. And, as much as I’d like to drive around, Son Hyunwoo made me drive his car.”

“You’re worried you might get it scratched?” Wonho grinned at her, the girl plopped down on the couch.

“Exactly.”

“I don’t think he’d get angry.”

“He doesn’t. Ever.” She grinned at him, Wonho sat down next to her.

“I’m not deaf, oppa. I heard bits of what you said before I stepped in.” She crossed her legs and turned her head to him.

“You did?” Wonho replied, his brows rose briefly.

“ChoiSan. Choi Minho.”

“Hmmm.”

“Oppa, I don’t mean to be rude, I know you’ve always been protective of us. Well, at least you don’t hover as much as Minhyuk does.” She grinned at him, Wonho let out a small laugh.

“Why are you doing this, oppa? You’re..interferring an arrangement between two businesses.”

“Am I?”

“Kinda. As much as I don’t approve of that kind of thing, I wouldn’t…really step in. Unless,” She trailed off with a shrug, she poked his arm.

“Unless, what, headache?”

“Unless Shownu is being arranged to another girl.” She finished, Wonho nodded along and crossed his arms.

“So, is it like that, oppa?”

Wonho turned quiet and he pressed his lips together, Chaeyeon noticed how his jaw tightened for a few seconds.

“I like her, headache.”

Chaeyeon smiled and leaned her head back on the couch, she was staring at the shop’s ceiling.

“I don’t…I don’t know how to deal with it yet. But, trust me when I tell you that he’s not good news.”

“Of course he isn’t, oppa. He wants to marry her.”

“It’s not just that.”

Chaeyeon sat up and looked at him.

“I think he has a motive, Chaeyeon.”

“For marrying Heesoo?”

“Yeah. And, I don’t want him to be anywhere near her.”

“It’s a little too early to be jealous, oppa. Calm down.” Chaeyeon sighed at him, Wonho puffed his cheeks and looked at her.

“Have you talked to her about this? Please don’t exterminate the guy yet.”

“I don’t…want to add to her problems. I already said I’d take care of this for her. That’s enough. I simply want her to be safe. And happy.”

Chaeyeon paused at his words, Wonho stood up and picked up his phone.

“How about we get ice cream? I’ll drive us.”

“Wait, she let you take care of this?”

“Yes, she did.” Wonho said with a small smile as he walked to his Rover.

“Oh. Oh.” Chaeyeon chuckled to herself before waddling towards the car.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++