043

You Got Me Too

 

 

 

“President, we’re here.” Secretary Yang spoke from the front seat as the car pulled to a slow halt, the male paused, not hearing a reply from his boss. The driver glance at the mirror, and sent the secretary a look.

Secretary Yang’s forehead creased and he turned his head before speaking again.

“President?”

Chaeyeon blinked and looked away from the window.

“Yes?”

“We’re here. Would you like to go down? I can take~”

“No, I’d like to see the car as well.” Chaeyeon nodded before yanking the door open, she stepped down from the vehicle and made her way towards the gates, she paused, seeing the police officer waiting for her.

“It’s good to see you are well, young miss. I was there when your parents called us to your home.” The official greeted her warmly.

“Yes, thank you for your help, sir.”

They were led to the yard and Chaeyeon immediately recognized her now burnt Maserati Ghibli, she pressed her lips together.

“It will be sent away for scrapping this afternoon, young miss. It has been taken care of by~”

Secretary Yang noticed a familiar face approaching them, he sent the male a look. Secretary Eom sighed and shook his head at him.

“It’s secretary Eom, ma’am.”

Chaeyeon turned and nodded at Shownu’s secretary.

“Good morning, president. I just signed the papers inside, director Son..sent me to take care of things, ma’am.”

Secretary Yang studied the look on the girl’s face, but she only nodded back and thanked the other male.

“Is it so bad that it needs to be scrapped?” She asked.

“Yes, there’s a lot of blood in the interior, and..it’s beyond fixing, ma’am.”

Chaeyeon’s lower lip protruded, clearly disappointed. Secretary Eom took out his phone, his brows went up.

“Why did that mister have to steal a car that he can’t drive?” Chaeyeon mumbled under her breath, the police officer grew amused at her words.

“Anyway, I don’t think I have anything else to do here. I can go, right, officer?”

“Yes, the man is now under our custody. You have nothing to worry about, ma’am.”

Chaeyeon made her way back to the car, the driver opened the door for her.

“President,”

She heard secretary Eom walking after her.

“Yes?”

“The..director..How are you feeling?” He asked her, clearly unsure of what words to say. Secretary Yang sighed and looked at his boss.

“Director Son wants to know if you’re okay, ma’am.” He translated for the male.

Chaeyeon wordlessly nodded back and got inside the vehicle.

“Wow, this…is hard.”

“Just what the hell happened?” Secretary Yang said through gritted teeth, the latter could only shrug at him.

 

 

 

“It doesn’t make sense, hyung.” Minhyuk said, he had invaded Wonho’s office armed with questions and theories.

“What if…she just wasn’t in the mood? She had to endure a long drive with some..people and…well, her car was in flames?” Wonho carefully said as he pulled away from his desk, Minhyuk took another sip from his coffee.

“Not in the mood? She didn’t even look at her impressive, and real boyfriend, she ignored you, she snapped at me and argued with her brother.” Minhyuk pointed out, Wonho could only nod.

“The Chaeyeon I know would whine as soon as she gets home and make a list of complaints out of her day.”

“I don’t know, Minhyuk-ah. Hyunwoo’s been quiet too. And, she was in Busan for a bit, right? What…if those two met up and got in an argument?”

“And it was that bad?”

“I~”

The doors opened, the two males looked up and Minhyuk pointed one accusatory finger at his older cousin. Shownu paused, kind of regretting dropping by at Wonho’s office.

“You. What happened, Son Hyunwoo?”

Wonho looked up from his computer, Shownu has had this permanent frown on his face ever since this morning, the directors and managers with them earlier were tiptoeing around the older male. They all were thinking that he was in a bad mood. And they were probably right.

“I heard about it, hyung. The breaking and entering thing.” Minhyuk spoke, Wonho blinked and paused.

“Break, what?”

Minhyuk ignored his cousin’s look, Shownu sighed and sat down across the male.

“Didn’t you hear, hyung? Shownu hyung had Baek Aerin charged with breaking and entering. I tried asking secretary Eom about it, but he wouldn’t budge. So, why?” Minhyuk pointily said, Shownu exhaled and loosened his tie.

“I can explain.”

“Oh that’s not good.” Wonho stood up, he walked around his desk and leaned against it. Shownu let out a shaky breath.

“Chaeyeon did drop by my place when I wasn’t home yet. She was there.”

“Why did she leave so soon?”

“She ran into Aerin there.”

Wonho’s eyes doubled in size and Minhyuk was already trying to take off his Fendi leather wingtips and hurl it at the older male, but Shownu quickly added.

“Aerin broke in the house, she…took a shower and changed into my clothes. Chaeyeon..ran into her inside.”

Wonho let out a sigh and shook his head.

“What?”

“I checked the CCTV footage, Aerin has been at my place for hours, she arrived right after I left for work. And,” Shownu swallowed, he ran his fingers through his hair.

“Chaeyeon won’t talk to me.” He finished with a shaky breath.

“I told you to cut her off from the very beginning.” Wonho stated, his forehead creasing.

“I did. I clearly told her about Chaeyeon and I, and that she should leave us alone. I don’t know..I don’t..” Shownu trailed off, not knowing what else to say.

“Wow, she’s a pain. We should have let Heesoo take care of her.” Minhyuk muttered under his breath.

“But, why are you still here instead of telling her this?”

“She won’t talk to me.”

“Have you tried calling her? Or are you giving her space again? Because I know you’re good at it, but now’s not the time.” Minhyuk shot back at him.

“I’ll drive up to the Ohs this afternoon. There’s something I need to check first.” Shownu said, he stood up and Wonho paused at his last sentence.

“What are you going to check? Is it a person? Because, Son Hyunwoo, he~”

Shownu didn’t turn and simply shut the door behind him.

 

 

 

Chaeyeon slid down from the car and got the folder of Kia documents she needed to review, the girl had decided to take the afternoon off. She had a huge headache and she couldn’t focus well, and she had to browse through some papers for her “new” job.

She was about to walked to the doors when she noticed another car parked outside the garage. She made her way towards it, her brows went up. Parked beside her purple Lamborghini Huracan was a Maserati Ghibli. It was in silver, just like the car she just lost. Same model and everything.

Chaeyeon looked around, she noticed a note stuck on the steering wheel, she opened the car and took it.

You weren’t feeling well this morning.

She put the note back and made her way to the house, she found her brother at the living room, Sehun eyed her before speaking.

“Are you in the mood to talk now?”

“Depends.” She muttered as she took off her shoes, Sehun exhaled and leaned back on the couch.

“I just got off the phone with Rowoon, you’re lucky you have a lot of friends, Oh Chaeyeon.”

“I guess.” Chaeyeon murmured, Sehun’s brows went up.

“Chaeyeon-ah, I know what happened with Song~”

“Oppa, please, I don’t want to discuss that right now. Hell, I don’t even want to think about it. What I want do as of this moment is,”

Sehun noticed the stack of papers she had in her arms.

“Get these documents signed by myself and actually have to understand what I’m reading.” She said to him, Sehun stood up and walked towards her.

“I’m sorry if I can’t be of help sometimes, Yeon.” He softly said before wrapping his arms around her shoulders.

“It’s fine, it doesn’t bother me. But, people should really give me a break.”

“I know.”

“Can you bring me a Tylenol and some tea?”

“We have cookies in the kitchen.”

“Perfect.” Chaeyeon nodded back, Sehun smiled and let go of her. He watched as his sister went up to her room, and then he glanced at the windows, seeing the latest addition to their garage.

“I hope they patch things up or something, bad mood Oh Chaeyeon is difficult to handle. Only Shownu can.”

 

 

 

Shownu chewed on his lower lip as he carefully pushed the door open, he could hear soft clicking noises from inside the room. Chaeyeon was probably on her computer, he got inside the room and paused by the doorway.

Chaeyeon was seated on her bed, her back against the headboard as she continued typing away on her laptop, she was surrounded by documents and other reading materials. And judging from the way her nose was scrunched, she wasn’t in the mood.

“Chaeyeon-ah,” He finally spoke, the girl paused and looked up. He saw her brows went up briefly and her fingers lifted from the keyboard.

“Can..I come in?”

“You’re already inside.” She said in a quiet tone, Shownu slowly nodded back and he proceeded to sit at the edge of the bed.

“Can we talk?” Shownu was facing her, she nodded back and put her laptop away.

“I know this…I shouldn’t be making excuses, and this isn’t one. This…This is what really happened, that day, I left for work as usual. And a couple of minutes later, Aerin..broke in the house. She found a way to disarm the backdoor and gained access to the house.”

“I heard she had to be dragged out of the house for questioning.” Chaeyeon spoke, Shownu nodded back at her.

“I had the detectives comb through the house, she took a shower at one of the guests room and took one of my shirts.”

“Was it the Burberry one? It looked like it was.” Chaeyeon murmured while checking her nailbeds.

“She…She took it with her….I wasn’t able to check.” Shownu blurted out, confused with her reply.

“She’s been charged yesterday and I already took care of things so that she won’t be able to go near us again.” Shownu said, his forehead creasing.

The room grew silent for a couple of minutes, and Shownu couldn’t help but feel panicky. Chaeyeon has not said a thing, he was expecting her to at least yell at him. But the girl didn’t seem angry.

If not, she seems bored.

“Are you done? Is it my turn now?” Chaeyeon said, Shownu felt her shift around the bed.

“Yes, of course.”

“I had a day. That other day was too.” She stated as she plopped beside him, Shownu’s brows rose, stunned.

“What?”

“I mean, my father was yelling at me before I had coffee in my veins. It’s not like it’s my fault that..that thing at the dinner happened, and~” She halted, her right hand flying to .

“I mean, I already had a lot of things going on lately, and it…just got overwhelming. That’s why..I came unannounced. I wanted to call you but I didn’t know how to explain it over the phone, and truthfully,” She sighed, Shownu paused when the girl climbed onto his lap and buried her face on the crook of his neck.

“I was pissed.”

“I know, I’m sorry.” Shownu replied as he wrapped his arms around the girl and pressed his nose against her hair.

“Oh no, not at you. I mean that day, I was pissed. And, I just wanted to hide behind you.” She mumbled, Shownu could feel her arms tighten around his neck briefly.

“Chaeyeon-ah,”

“Yeah?”

“What are you doing?”

“Huh?”

“You’re sitting on my lap while I’m trying to explain why you saw my ex-girlfriend at my place the other day.”

“Yeah.” Her reply irked him.

“That’s it? You’re not even mad?”

“You already apologized.”

Shownu pulled back to meet her gaze. Chaeyeon’s forehead creased, annoyed that he pulled away from her.

“Chaeyeon-ah,” Shownu almost sighed, her lips slowly curled up.

“She was breaking and entering? And I don’t think you willingly let her in.” The girl blinked back at him, Shownu pressed his lips together.

“Look, I know it’s not your fault and it was a misunderstanding. I do trust you, Son Hyunwoo. It was just..”

“You wouldn’t talk to me that night.”

“I just had way too much on my plate, with my moving to Kia, and having to assign some of my responsibilities at Style Co., and that other thing with Song Kang too. I needed some time to process it all, you know. And seeing Aerin there, I…I know we’d talk about it but that night, I really am sorry but I was…not in the right headspace to talk.”

“It’s kind of annoying how level-headed you are sometimes.” That was his only reply, Chaeyeon offered him a smile, he exhaled before capturing her lips with his.

“Anyway, it was a really day. And that~”

“Your brother told me. And, he showed me the video.” Shownu said, Chaeyeon paused and she slowly tried to untangle herself from him but Shownu’s arms locked her in place.

“I didn’t know he would~”

“Did he hurt you? Are you okay?” He asked her, his eyes scanned her wrists and arms.

“I’m fine, just a little…well, still disgusted. That’s why my petty drove to Busan, I was going to tell on him.” She whispered, Shownu grew amused.

“I was going to tell on him to my impressive boyfriend, but change of plans.” She shrugged back at him, making herself comfortable on his lap.

“I’m sorry that happened.”

“Eh, I was kissed by another guy after being told not to meet him at night. I’m sorry too.” She made a face as she spoke, Chaeyeon kicked a few of the papers away from them with a small sigh.

“Work was today too?”

“I had a headache since this morning, and that does not mean I need another car.” She slowly turned her head to him. Now, Shownu shrugged back at her, Chaeyeon felt his other arm moved under her thighs and he suddenly stood up.

“The other one kind of died.”

“I know, but~”

“You weren’t feeling well.” Shownu grinned at her with the girl still in his arms, Chaeyeon narrowed her eyes at him.

“This feels painfully familiar.”

Shownu smiled back and wordlessly pressed his lips against hers, Chaeyeon let out a small sigh before wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing him back.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++