032

You Got Me Too

 

 

 

The older male sighed as Song Kang took another glance away from his makeup artist.

“Stop staring, he might notice and that will be the end of us.” He sighed at him, Song Kang paused and turned to his manager.

“Wh~”

“I looked him up, you know. That man.” He continued as he took the seat across him, they were doing one of the last shoots at this outdoor park where apparently, some scenes of a Jurrasic Park film were filmed.

“So? I assumed he’s just one of her business partners, like director Lee.” The stylist chimed in, careful about not being too loud.

“No, he’s not a partner. He’s cousins with director Lee, and both of them are working for the family business, ShinHan Financial Group.” The male pointed out, Song Kang rolled his eyes and looked away.

“And, not just that, that male, the president’s boyfriend, he’s..one of the Samsung sons. So, Song Kang, please, don’t try anything funny.”

“Just because he’s rich that means I can’t even talk to his girlfriend? Are you even listening to yourself, hyung?”

“Of course you can talk to her, but please…be careful.” His manager continued, he followed the younger male’s gaze. The young couple had stepped away from their group earlier, Chaeyeon was sitting on the Range Rover’s hood, and she looked a little serious while talking. While the male was nodding along, his eyes always on her.

“I don’t want you to mess that up. They…seem real.”

“He leaves her alone too much, hyung.”

The manager sighed and took his seat.

“What’s on your mind, Oh Chaeyeon?” Shownu said with a small smile as the girl crossed her ankles.

“Work. Strangely, I’m thinking about work.” Chaeyeon mumbled, Shownu nodded and leaned against the car.

“Which work?”

Chaeyeon sighed before fixing her gaze on him.

“I…I just..the thing with joining my father, I..I don’t know.” She mumbled as she looked at her palms, Shownu turned to her, his brows went up.

“You don’t want to do it?”

“No, I…I am curious, I want to join him. But I’m worried I might… things up.” She blurted out, Shownu paused, the girl rarely cussed. And that only meant that it was stressing her out. He turned to her again.

“With my company, at least if something goes wrong, I can fix it. And, the only person who can berate me is me, and well, sometimes Minhyuk, but you know. Kia…Kia’s on a bigger league, and that means more eyes, more mouths and just…eh.” She shuddered, Shownu smiled and he gently reached for her hand and laced his fingers with hers.

“I believe that you can do it.”

“Of course you’d say that.” She begrudgingly said, Shownu chuckled and then he gently pulled the girl closer to him.

“You’re technically running Style Co. by yourself right now, and things are going so well, Chaeyeon-ah.”

“I know, but~”

“You started a company that now has become so successful, so, why are you doing this to yourself?” He continued, Chaeyeon’s forehead creased and she pursed her lips together.

Shownu smiled before kissing her cheek and lifting her off the Rover.

“You can do it. And, your father will be there, I’m sure he’ll help you too.”

“Did he pay you to do this?” Chaeyeon narrowed her eyes at him, but she was smiling, Shownu chuckled at her reply.

“No, but he did call, he’s worried that you may feel pressured about what he said.”

“I’m not. I’m just unsure.” She mumbled before leaning forward to wrap her arms around his waist.

“Well, you still have time to think it over. Or, you can just quit jobs and live with me.” Shownu teasingly said, Chaeyeon grumbled in reply and just hugged him tighter.

“Sure, I’m going to do that and just watch as my brother judges me for it. But, thanks for the offer.”

Shownu smiled and pressed his nose against her hair, and then he looked up just as Song Kang turned his gaze away from them.

 

 

 

Sophia was bobbing her head with the music as she walked into her shared room with Minhyuk, her Airpods’ noise cancelling feature made her not notice her friend sitting by the windowsill. Chaeyeon was eyeing the Wu girl as she held onto something sleek and white in her hand.

“What is she listening? How can she not see me here?” Chaeyeon muttered, Sophia walked to the bathroom and Chaeyeon hopped after her.

“Hey!” She screamed as she saw Chaeyeon standing by the doorway, with her arms crossed. And then she saw the thing she was holding.

“You went through the trash?” Sophia balked, her eyes went to the garbage bin by the sink, Chaeyeon sighed at her.

“That’s what you want to know first?”

Sophia’s forehead creased but she nodded.

“I saw the box lying under the sink, Sophia Wu. The box! Does Minhyuk know?”

Sophia paused, and Chaeyeon saw how she tried coming up with words.

“Oh my goodness, he doesn’t.” Chaeyeon gasped, she put the stick away and faced her friend.

“I just…I don’t know, I know I want to tell him, but everyone’s having fun and I don’t want to dampen the mood.”

“Dampen the mood? He’s always loved children, what are you talking about?” Chaeyeon frowned, Sophia sighed, seeing tears line her friend’s eyes.

“Why would you think that?” Her frowned deepened.

“Hey, I’m supposed to be the one who’s emotional now.” Sophia muttered before enveloping her in a hug.

“I’m just so happy…I mean, my two best friends…and a baby.” Chaeyeon sobbed, Sopahi chuckled before pulling away to meet her gaze.

“Will you tell him?” Chaeyeon asked as she wiped her cheeks.

“I’m just looking for the perfect timing, Yeon. Everyone’s busy right now.”

“He’s never busy for you, you do know he’d drop me for his Sophia Wu, right?”

Sophia laughed and they walked back to the room.

“Have you made appointments with your doctor? I can go with you!” She volunteered, Sophia grinned before plopping down the bed.

“I have yet to call ma about it, I think….I should talk to Minhyuk first.” She trailed off, Chaeyeon nodded as she leaned back on the couch.

“A mini Minhyuk or a mini Soph, wow…that’s gonna be a handful.” Chaeyeon said excitedly while pressing her palms together.

“But, you.”

Chaeyeon blinked at her, Sophia chewed on her lower lip.

“You should check on Shownu too.”

“Why?”

“I…don’t know, he seems…a little off lately. Didn’t you notice?” Sophia blinked at her, Chaeyeon titled her head at the girl.

“What do you mean?”

“That…You know how he’s always been the amiable one, right?”

Chaeyeon nodded along, still confused.

“He’s spoken to everyone’s in his house except for Song Kang and his team, Chaeyeon-ah. Did you not notice?”

Chaeyeon paused, her forehead creasing.

“I mean, it’s probably nothing. But, don’t you think he might be uncomfortable with them? Or…you know.”

And then Chaeyeon started to smile.

“It’s probably because he hasn’t really gotten to know Song Kang that much, I think they’d get along really well.” Chaeyeon mused as she stood up, Sophia’s brows went up.

“What?”

“I have to make a few calls back home, please consider talking to Minhyuk. Love you.” Chaeyeon blew her a kiss before leaving the room.

“What..a blind girl.” Sophia muttered before going to the restroom to pee.

 

 

 

Minhyuk lazily stretched on the sofa while browsing through the TV channels, secretary Yang was seated across him, enjoying a cup of tea. It was almost four in the afternoon and the group had driven back to the house to rest.

Minhyuk paused, hearing the water splashing at the pool. He turned his head and realized that his older cousin was doing laps.

“Director,”

He turned to Chaeyeon’s secretary.

“There’s something I’ve been wanting to mention.” He continued, the two men were alone at the living room.

“Sure, go ahead.”

“It’s about Song Kang and…vice chairman Son.”

Minhyuk nodded, not really focusing on his words. Secretary Yang sat up and carefully moved the giant beanbag on the floor so that he could lean in before speaking.

“I don’t know if you’ve noticed but ever since this trip begun, the young master Son hasn’t been…very..accommodating towards the young actor.”

“Huh?”

“He’s not friendly with him. And, I’m worried that it..might start a complication, considering that in the next couple of months the president will be working closely with Song Kang for their collaboration project.”

Minhyuk turned his head to him and a small grin formed on his lips.

“You noticed it too?” Minhyuk asked, the other male nodded back.

“I have a strong feeling that all those flowers came from him, and…young master Son may think it too.”

“Actually, that makes sense. That man has always been staring at her, and trying to talk to her ever since we got here. I think he’s been wanting her attention and he probably thought that this trip would be of help. But, hyung arrived.” Minhyuk mused as he sat up.

“He probably didn’t know about them.” Secretary Yang murmured as he set his tea down.

“And, young master Son has not even spoken a word to him or any of his staff ever since we got here, which is…a little odd, since he’s always been so polite.”

Minhyuk was about to speak but Song Kang appeared by the doorway. He was smiling as he joined them.

“Did you rest well, director?”

“Y—Yes, we’re just waiting for the food to arrive, Chaeyeon wanted to do this barbeque thing for afternoon snacks.” Minhyuk smoothly said, Song Kang was about to speak when he saw Chaeyeon walk towards the pool. The girl was dressed in a bright cherry red swimming suit, and she had a pair of denim shorts on. They saw as she eyed the pool briefly before walking towards them.

“Did the catering arrive yet?” She asked as she joined them, Minnyuk grinned at her.

“They called earlier, they’re already on their way. Are you not joining hyung for a swim?” He asked as Chaeyeon plopped down beside him.

“Swimming is Son Hyunwoo’s thing.” She mused as she stretched her arms and leaned against his shoulder.

“Sophia’s still asleep?”

Chaeyeon paused, she pressed her lips together and nodded.

“Chaeyeon-ah, would you like to grab coffee? I saw this café a few houses away.” Song Kang spoke, secretary Yang looked away.

“Is that the one by the beach? I think I saw it too.” Chaeyeon sat up, Minhyuk glanced at the pool again.

“I tried their matcha latte yesterday, it was really good.”

“Really? Then let’s~”

The glass doors slid open, Shownu was clad in his Burberry board shorts while drying his hair with a towel.

“I’m hungry.” He spoke, his cousin had to laugh.

“The catering isn’t here yet.” Chaeyeon said, Song Kang chewed on his lower lip, he was looking at the male.

“Let’s get something to eat. We can test drive your car again.” Shownu offered with a smile.

“Really? Right now?”

“Hmm, you can drive us.” Shownu chuckled before heading to the garage, Chaeyeon hopped off the sofa and jogged after him.

Shownu felt the girl’s arm around his and he smiled.

Hehe, I win.

“He does know how to distract her. Smooth move, Shownu hyung.” Minhyuk whispered to himself.

 

 

 

“We fly back tomorrow night, we should at least do some shopping before heading home.” Sophia said as she walked in the dining room, the food have arrived and some staff were just arranging the table.

“Is that all you want to do, nothing else?” Chaeyeon chimed in from the bar, Shownu turned to the girl, amused.

“Yes, I simply want to spend money. Why?” Sophia hissed at her, the girl grinned and raised her palms in defeat.

“Nothing, I want to shop too.” She chuckled, Sophia rolled her eyes at the girl. Minhyuk appeared with a tray of salad bowls.

“Why are they being snappy at each other?” He asked, his older cousin shook his head and he glanced at the terrace again. Song Kang was there, seated with his manager and stylist.

“Well, it does make sense that someone like her is taken. I get it.”

Song Kang looked at the older girl, he glanced back at the house again. Chaeyeon was happily chatting with Minhyuk as they peered over the oven.

“I mean, she’s one of those hard to approach individuals, you know. She makes you feel like she doesn’t need you, I wonder how the Samsung son approached her.” Song Kang’s manager mused, Song Kang looked away, his forehead creasing.

“It could be like one of those arranged relationships,” Song Kang commented, his manager eyed him warily.

“Think about it, hyung. We’ve been working with her company for quite some time now, and haven’t you noticed?”

“What? Your incessant staring?”

“No, she’s always alone. I’ve run into her doing groceries, and she’s by herself. He doesn’t even drive her to work or something,” He pointed out, his manager sighed at him.

“He’s probably only keeping her around because he’s comfortable with her.”

“Hey, you~” The males paused when the two cousins stepped out of the house and joined them, Minhyuk placed a couple of beers on the table.

“We’ve been kicked out.” He commented, Shownu took one of the beers and occupied the bean bag.

“Chaeyeon must enjoy cooking,” Song Kang commented.

“She doesn’t.” Shownu commented, his eyes were on the beach. Minhyuk paused and he slowly sat down.

“Really? She mentioned that she likes making stew, it was at a meeting.” Song Kang continued with a smile, his manager wanted to shush him.

“Just because she likes it, that doesn’t mean she’s into cooking.” Shownu replied, his eyes met his briefly and then he took a sip from his beer.

“I would know better.” He added and set the bottle down.

Minhyuk grimaced and looked away, wishing that the ground would swallow him instead. There was just something about a “not in the mood” Son Hyunwoo that didn’t feel right. It was kind of terrifying.

“I’ve been kicked out too.” A familiar voice chimed in, Song Kang looked up and he made some space on the couch he was sitting on.

“That’s good.” Minhyuk quickly said, Chaeyeon eyed him warily.

Her eyes went to Shownu, and she smiled, seeing that he was on the bean bag. Song Kang watched as the girl approached the male and she slowly stooped down and sat on his lap.

“Sophia put me on time out.” She muttered darkly, Shownu chuckled before wrapping one arm around her, the girl had curled against chest while her head was facing the beach.

“That makes you one of us.” He mused before kissing the top of his head, he could feel Song Kang’s gaze on them.

“I just wanted a taste of that beef roast.”

“You don’t like beef.” Shownu chuckled, Chaeyeon made a face before burying her face on the crook of his neck.

“I just want to try, doesn’t mean I like it.” She pointed out, her voice muffled.

“I know.”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++