042

You Got Me Too

 

 

 

“Well?” Sophia asked as her cousin finally walked back to her, Heesoo could only shake her head. The Wu heiress’s frowned deepened and she wrapped her arms around herself. They were at the shop and Wonho was still on the phone.

“You said Minhyuk flew over?”

“Yes, he’s Daegu now. They’re still having the car examined.”

“And the blood?” Heesoo chewed on his lower lip.

“The NFS still analyzing it.”

The two cousins fell silent and Heesoo laned against the counter. Sophia was staring at the TV, it was still showing footages of the car burning Maserati Ghibli, but no names or faces were being shown.

“She was definitely in Busan, huh?”

“I’m pretty sure she was..but..why would she drive up there for four hours and leave right away? It doesn’t make sense.” Sophia murmured, she looked up when three men in dark suits stepped in the shop. Wonho began speaking with them.

“They found her belongings inside. I just..It’s the blood that worries me, you know.” Heesoo sighed and she closed her eyes.

“Sehun’s already there, it won’t be long till they decide to have the police involved.”

Heesoo paused when she felt a palm on her lower back, Sophia stood up.

“What do they have?” Heesoo asked, Wonho pressed his lips together and kissed the side of her head before speaking.

“It’s not her blood.”

The two girls let out a big sighs of relief, Heesoo leaned against him and she finally smiled.

“But here’s the thing,” Wonho’s forehead creased as he spoke.

“They still can’t find her, her phone was in her purse and her other belongings. But her wallet could not be phone.”

“So..what does that mean, oppa?”

“The police think she may have been mugged? But it doesn’t answer why some stranger’s blood is in her car, she may have been carjacked and threatened to leave the vehicle or…something else.” Wonho’s swallowed and turned away.

“I think we should be waiting at the Oh residence. I can’t imagine how the elders must feel right now. Let’s go.”

 

 

 

Shownu crossed his arms as he watched the police approach the car, the fire was finally out and now it was safe to go through the remains of the vehicle.

“It’s not her blood. And we still can’t find her.” Sehun murmured beside him, Shownu’s forehead creased and he could only nod.

“Her wallet~”

“Sir!” Shownu saw his secretary rushing towards them, Minhyuk pulled away from one of the Samsung bodyguards and walked towards them.

“The person they found earlier, his DNA matched with the blood found inside the car.”

The three men halted, stunned.

“What?” Minhyuk sputtered.

“The unconscious person they found behind the gasoline station, it’s his blood. Initial reports claim that he was probably the on driving the car. It also has just been reported that before it got here, the car drove into one of the electric poles along the expressway.”

“The huge dent at the front, that hit must have damaged something under the hood, then the fire began.”

His secretary took out his phone and a video started to play, Shownu felt his insides tighten as the video of the Maserati played on the screen. It was seen careening at an alarming speed down the expressway, it kept on switching lanes until it crashed into a pole.

Sehun and Minhyuk flinched, the car reversed for a bit and started to speed up again. And then flames started to appear on the hood.

“Chaeyeon’s a good driver. And it doesn’t seem like she was being chased.” Shownu kept his voice steady.

“Yes, so, the police think that either the car was stolen or that the man they found carjacked her and she was seated on the passenger seat.”

Shownu grew silent, his head was spinning as he ran his fingers through his hair.

“She was in the car too? T—Then, she might be injured somewhere!” Minhyuk sputtered again, Sehun let out a shaky breath and shook his head.

“Y—Yes, sir. Director Lee has already sent men to check the whole city.”

Shownu pressed his lips together, his eyes went to the investigators a few steps away from them.

“That man,” He spoke, his secretary turned to him.

“The man they found, where is he?”

“He was brought to the nearest hospital, they said he was suffering due to some burns~”

Shownu wordlessly sidestepped the male, the guards pulled back to let him pass. And then he wordlessly got in his car, Sehun and Minhyuk watched as the Mustag revved away from the scene with a loud roar.

“Sh—Should I have someone follow the young master?” His secretary asked, worried.

“Maybe you should.” Minhyuk nodded back, Sehun noticed that there were people who were staring at him.

“Hey, you shouldn’t be staying her for too long.” Minhyuk quietly said, Sehun pressed his lips together and stared at the vehicle.

“Staying here might be fruitless, how about you fly back to Seoul and I’ll clean up here.” Minhyuk said to him, Sehun slowly nodded at him.

“Thanks. I…” He trailed off and looked away, Minhyuk could see how distressed he was. The guards Sehun arrived with reappeared and were now standing behind him, covering the people’s view of him.

“Chaeyeon’s my sister too, no need to say anything.”

 

 

 

Wonho looked up as a black Mercedes Benz sedan pulled over at the Oh residence, Shownu stepped down from the vehicle. The look on his face was unreadable as he approached the house, he saw Wonho staring right at him.

“How are things?” Shownu spoke, it has been almost six hours since Chaeyeon’s vehicle was found and still no news. Shownu glanced behind him briefly he noticed two police cars parked by the garage.

“The chief of police is here with the Seoul captain, they’ve decided to wait for another two hours,” Wonho continued as they walked towards the doors.

“If no news is hear, then a missing person’s report will be filed. But not officially, but they will have to notify the public.”

Shownu nodded back, Wonho glanced at his cousin and noticed how he looked so tensed. He may have changed into something comfortable, a pair of jeans and a shirt, but he could see how much this worried the hell out of him.

“She was in Busan.”

“Yes.”

“Did she come see you there? Did you two meet?” Wonho asked, and then he saw it, Shownu hesitating.

“I~”

The doors suddenly opened, Sehun was looking at them both. He had his phone in hand, Shownu paused.

“I need to talk to you.” The eldest Oh spoke.

The three males walked towards the garage, Wonho looked at Sehun, something felt off, other than the fact that his headache was still missing.

“This morning Chaeyeon stormed out of the house, she was very..upset.” Sehun began as he leaned against one of the cars, Shownu nodded back.

“Abeoji and her had this argument that..well, it’s kind of her mistake and also kind of not. I did warn her not to go out that night, and not meet him. But~”

“Meet him?” Shownu repeated, Wonho paused, there it was.

“She went to dinner with Song Kang because Chaeyeon to clear the air with him. And she said that with their last conversation, she wasn’t comfortable how she was…cold to him. So, that happened. They met up for dinner.”

Wonho pressed his lips together, his eyes went to his cousin.

“She didn’t mention this.” Shownu said, Sehun nodded and he handed his phone to the male.

“I don’t think she would.” He said, Shownu looked at the screen and then he paused. It was photos of Song Kang and Chaeyeon, the two were seated across each other, obviously chatting.

“Don’t worry, I already made sure that those…won’t ever come out, but there’s probably a reason why she rushed over to you.” Sehun said, Wonho watched as a video clip played on the screen.

And then he halted.

Shownu halted.

Chaeyeon had stood up from her seat, grabbed her purse and walked away from the table. But the young actor strode towards her, grabbed her arm and forced himself on her.

Shownu’s grip on the phone tightened.

Chaeyeon shoved the male back and struck his cheek. And then she rushed away from him.

“Shownu, this,” Wonho started speaking, but they heard footsteps, the three looked up, it was Chaeyeon’s secretary.

“Secretary Yang,” Sehun cleared his throat.

“Sir, I’ve been looking for you.” He spoke to Sehun. Shownu returned Sehun’s phone back to him, he noticed that two black vans had entered the property.

“What is it? Do they have news?”

“N—No, sir. Your phone is still connected with the second floor living room’s television.” He explained, Wonho turned his head to him.

“What?”

“Director Lee, miss Wu and miss Jung saw……what you were viewing.”

Shownu made his way out of the garage just as the van stopped, then the doors opened.

 

 

 

“Noona, I told you, you should have at least texted someone.” The male said through gritted teeth as he saw the police cars parked at the property.

“I didn’t know they’d call the police.” Chaeyeon muttered back, she followed the male down the vehicle and she paused.

“Good..evening, sunbaenim.” Rowoon greeted Sehun as soon as he saw him. Chaeyeon saw Wonho and Shownu standing by her brother, she looked away, her forehead creasing.

“Oh Chaeyeon!” Wonho sighed at the girl, she saw Minhyuk standing by the doorway, he was glaring at her.

“You…were with Rowoon? How..?” Sehun walked towards them and shook the younger male’s hand, Chaeyeon nodded back, not wanting to talk.

“I was filming in Daegu, we had to pass by the subway to use the restrooms, noona was there.” Rowoon explained, sensing the tension around him.

“It’s already late. You should go home and rest.” Chaeyeon spoke to him, refusing to meet anyone’s gaze.

“Thanks for bringing her here, we should meet up sometime.” Sehun continued, Chaeyeon turned to Rowoon, she gave the male a quick hug before making her way towards the front door.

“Chaeyeon-ah,” Shownu was about to reach for her, but the girl simply ignored him and wordlessly got inside the house.

Wonho and Minhyuk froze and stared at each other.

Sehun watched as the two black vans left the property, he turned to the house again. He saw Shownu already making his way towards his vehicle.

“Hyung, where~”

“I’ve seen her, she’s…safe and finally home. I have to go, Sehun-ah.” Shownu quickly said, he got inside the vehicle.

Sehun grew confused, he could hear his mother’s voice from the living room.

“Something else have happened.” He heard Wonho speak, Sehun faced him.

“But Chaeyeon’s home now, and that’s all that matters.” Wonho continued as they walked in the house, he could hear Minhyuk too.

“What? Why would you leave your car with its keys still inside?” Minhyuk demanded from her, chairman Oh remained quiet on his seat, his eyes were on their youngest.

“I got hungry.” Chaeyeon quipped, she crossed her arms.

“Hungry? And~”

“Am I going to be questioned here for the rest of dawn? Or am I allowed to showered first?” She snapped at him, Minhyuk shut his mouth. Heesoo and Sophia were standing by the foot of the stairs, wide-eyed.

“Chaeyeon-ah, your car was in flames just hours ago, and now you walk through the front doors as if nothing happened.” Sehun said in a calm tone, Chaeyeon’s eyes went to him.

“So, what do you want me to do about it, oppa? Have the car fixed right away?”

Wonho flinched and looked away.

“No, it’s only right that you explain to us what happened.” Sehun shot back.

“I was driving back, I got hungry and pulled over one of those rest stops to get something to eat. And then I head back out, my car was gone. I only had my wallet with me.”

“You could have called~”

“I didn’t want to speak with anyone. There, are you happy now?” She shot back at him, Sehun could hear the venom in her tone, his sister was angry.

But, why?

“Just let her go to bed.” Mr. Oh stood up, he stood up and walked to Chaeyeon. He reached out to cup her cheek briefly and then he went up the stairs.

“Go on, Yeon. You should get some sleep. I’m glad you’re finally home, darling.” Mrs. Oh frowned before wrapping her arms around the girl.

Chaeyeon wordlessly nodded back, Sehun turned away from his sister and walked out of the house.

Wonho felt his phone buzz, he took it out. It was a text from Shownu, informing him that he’d taken care of the news and the police had drawn back and were now focused on the man who allegedly stole the car.

Check on her for me. -Shownu

Wonho pressed his lips together and watched as Chaeyeon went up the steps, Sophia and Heesoo chose not to speak with the girl and simply let her pass.

“Something else happened.” Minhyuk muttered under his breath.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++