013

You Got Me Too

Chaeyeon let out a small yawn and she slowly sat up, the girl looked around her, a little disoriented. She pursed her lips as she slid down from the bed, she walked towards the window and pulled the curtains. Her eyes went to the pool, her brows rose as she saw Shownu in the water.

Chaeyeon walked to bathroom, she quickly brushed her hair and washed her face. She went back into the room and noticed that she had received emails from her secretary. Her finger hovered over the file, her forehead creased.

“I’ll look into that later.” She murmured as she tugged on her shorts and made her way out of the room. She spotted a shirtless Shownu tinkering around the kitchen, she chuckled before walking towards him.

“Good morning.” Shownu said to her, she smiled before wrapping her arms around his neck and leaning upwards to kiss him. The male grew amused and wrapped one arm around her waist.

“I’m sorry, I wanted to wake up early.” She stated as she pulled back to meet his gaze.

“It’s fine, you were sleeping soundly, I didn’t want to wake you.” Shownu said with a small smile and he let go of her, he walked to the fridge and started taking out some eggs and vegetables from the fridge.

“Right, secretary Yang called earlier,” He commented.

Her eyes widened briefly, but she nodded at him as she leaned against the counter.

“I said you’d just call him back later. It’s a Sunday, why are you working?” Shownu grinned as he walked around the counter and kissed the side of her head.

“Oh, it’s just…some minor things with the shoot. We’re..deciding if the overseas shoot will push through.”

“Hmm, so you’re going to be busy.”

“A bit.” She nodded back at him and looked around.

“Do you need some help with that? Or should I get you a shirt?” She asked as he started cooking, Shownu shook his head at her. Chaeyeon slid down from the chair and stood beside him.

“What is it?”

“I can crash at your place, right? They just started repainting my brother’s room, then soon they will begin renovations near my room and it can get…messy and dusty. I mean, I’d stay at Sehun oppa’s place, but it’s too far from work. Whil Minhyuk’s home is~”

“You don’t need to ask. Move in anytime, I’ll probably sleep better if you’re staying at my home.” Shownu mused at her, Chaeyeon blinked at him.

“What?”

“You have other people walking in and out of the house, I was worried about that. And you’re staying there alone.”

“You didn’t tell me that. Now, looking at it..” She trailed off, Shownu let out a chuckle and kissed her bare shoulder.

“You can go shower, I’ll finish cooking in a bit.”

“You never told me that though.” She murmured as she padded towards the stairs.

“Because, you said no when I offered.” Shownu chuckled as he crossed his arms.

“Ah, right. Anyway, shirt?” Chaeyeon offered again, Shownu waved her off and he went out to the patio again.

“He’s doing it on purpose.” Chaeyeon made a face at his retreating figure as she walked back to his room.

 

 

 

“What is it? And, yes, your place is still intact.” Heesoo said through her Airpods, she heard Sophia chuckled from the other end.

“I’m just calling to check in and, to inform you that I’ll be in Seoul next weekend. So, make room for me.” She said, Heesoo snorted, the girl was making her way to her car.

“What is it?”

“I wanted to call Chaeyeon, but I can’t reach her.”

“Oh, Yeon is out of town. She went to visit Shownu at Busan.”

“Huh.” Sophia replied made the girl pause, Heesoo tossed her purse into the Tundra’s backseat.

“That “huh” sounds odd, cousin.” She replied as she climbed in the car and started the engine.

“I was on the phone with Minhyuk last night, he made this..comment about that girl.”

“What girl?”

“The ex. Do you remember how Wonho oppa reacted to her?”

Heesoo paused, her brows went up.

“It’s probably nothing, maybe Wonho oppa’s just being protective over Chaeyeon, with him claiming to be her head of security and all.”

“What’s her name again? Jason? Or was it Chucky?”

“Friday the Thirteenth, really?” Sophia sighed, but Heesoo could hear her chuckling.

“She has poor fashion sense, if I remember correctly. But, it was weird that she introduced herself that way.” Heesoo replied as he drove away from the residence.

“I know, it’s almost as if she’s asking for trouble.”

“Hey, I doubt Chaeyeon would do anything. You know her.”

“Exactly, she’s too rational and calm, it’s boring.” Sophia laughed, Heesoo grinned but then she noticed that a text had arrived.

“What about you? Is uncle still being difficult?”

“Hmm, define difficult.”

“Hey, you know you can call me anytime. I can help.”

“You see, I..It’s just so hard to get through him, you know. I’m probably a chess piece in this business plan of his.”

“Why? Did something happen? Right, I heard you’ve been hanging out at the shop lately. Please don’t be mean to Wonho oppa.”

Heesoo smiled to herself before speaking.

“I..think I can handle it. It’s nothing new, he’s done this to me before. And, yes, I’m not being mean to everyone’s Wonho oppa.” She said with a roll of her eyes.

“Anyway, be careful. Send my love to everyone.”

 

 

 

Chaeyeon was smiling as she got inside the car, secretary Yang hopped into the front seat.

“You didn’t open my email, president.”

Chaeyeon leaned back on the seat before taking the envelope from her.

“I wanted to, but then I suddenly felt like one of those girls who get too…possessive or..obsessive over things.” She murmured as she looked at the envelope and pursed her lips.

“I don’t think it’s wrong, president.”

“I know, but this…I’m sure Shownu will tell me if I ask him~”

“Baek Aerin. She’s the same age with your brother. She’s the only daughter of Baek Jooman, her family owns Baek Estate Group. It’s a~”

“Please!” Chaeyeon hissed at her, the lady chuckled and gestured for the driver to step on the gas.

“President, it’s only right that you know about her. She probably already checked on you, it’s not fair if you know nothing.” She stated, Chaeyeon sighed at her secretary.

“She’s pretty.” Chaeyeon added, not wanting the conversation to go a negative turn.

“Not really.”

“Wow, you’re mean.” Chaeyeon murmured, secretary Yang grinned at her and they were already on the way to the office.

“What’s new? Has Minhyuk decided on which places the shoot should be?”

“They had a short meeting last week, ma’am. The managers, as well as our hired video team seem to be in favor of Hawaii.”

Chaeyeon hummed back, she set the envelope aside leaned her head back on the seat.

“What do I have for today?”

“Director Lee demands that you lunch together, and you have a meeting this afternoon, president.”

“Okay, I’ll give Minhyuk a call. Is Heesoo okay? I forgot to call her while I was away.”

“I think so. From what I heard, she’s been running around town with the young master Lee. Your overqualified head of security.”

Chaeyeon’s brows briefly rose but she nodded back.

 

 

 

Wonho unlocked the Maclaren’s door and grabbed his coat, he was in the process of putting it on when a familiar full-sized pickup truck pulled over across the shop.

Heesoo hopped down from the vehicle, Wonho noticed how the girl paused as she saw him.

“What brings you here, miss Jung?”

“I was planning on going grocery shopping, can…I borrow your car again?” She said with a sheepish grin, Wonho nodded back at the girl and went up to his office to grab the Rover’s keys. On his way out, his phone started ringing.

“Son Hyunwoo,” He answered.

“Hi. I just wanted to tell you that Chaeyeon’s back in Seoul now. Has she called you?”

“Me? Not yet. That’s good then, I’ll call her later to grab lunch.” Wonho stated as he pulled the door open. He glanced downstairs and paused, Heesoo was speaking with someone.

“Okay. Did you get the file for the JinHu Group meeting?”

“I did, did they ask you to review it again? Is Samsung trying to pirate you again?” Wonho mused, Shownu snorted from the other line.

“I’ll call you back later. Please check on Chaeyeon, she probably left her phone again.”

“Got it.” Wonho said, and then he went down the stairs.

“Heesoo, can you~”

“You work here?” A masculine voice spoke, Wonho halted as he reached the last step.

“My father sent you here?” Heesoo replied, Wonho’s eyes went to the newcomer, his brows went up.

“Well, you didn’t show up yesterday and my parents told me that I would find you here.” He replied, Heesoo took a step back from the male.

“This is interesting, I didn’t think the Jung Banking daughter could be found here.” He said with a small chuckle, Wonho grew concerned. For the newcomer.

“They told you that you’d find me here? Does he have me followed?” Heesoo muttered under her breath, the male was still looking at her.

“Heesoo, the key.” Wonho cleared his throat as he approached the girl, he could feel the other male’s gaze on him.

“Is everything alright?” He asked her, Heesoo turned to her, he could see how the rage in her eyes.

“Heesoo~”

“You must be her friend, I’m Choi Minho.” The male introduced himself and offered his hand.

ChoiSan’s son.

Wonho smiled back at the male and was about to shake the man’s hand but Heesoo pulled his arm away.

“I’m sorry, but…I don’t know what my parents..or what our parents discussed but I..have to go.”

The latter seem taken aback, but he nodded at her.

“Of course, it’s..good to finally meet you.”

Heesoo nodded back and she faced Wonho.

“I’ll take the car, thanks.”

“Let me drive.” Wonho stated, Minho’s eyes went to him.

“You have work, I…need to speak with my father.” Heesoo murmured, Wonho noticed how her grip on his coat sleeve tightened.

“Heesoo,”

“I promise I’ll call you if something happens.” Her lips curled up ever so slightly and she ran towards the Range Rover and reversed from the shop’s parking lot.

“You two seem close,” Minho commented as he walked towards his car, Wonho paused at his words.

“Well, I’d like to think that we are.”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++