015

You Got Me Too

 

 

 

“Okay, just leave them on the desk. I’ll check on it later.” Shownu said to his secretary before dimissing him, the male nodded and left the room.

Shownu loosened his tie and ed the first two buttons of his shirt and walked towards the windows. He took his phone out and went through his contacts, he smiled before tapping on Chaeyeon’s name.

He put the phone on speaker and took off his coat, he paused when she finally picked up.

“Hi.” The girl spoke.

“Are you busy?” He asked as he rolled the sleeves of his shirt to his elbows, he could hear her chuckle.

“No, no. I’m actually out right now, trying to get some work done. Kind of.” She said, Shownu could hear some noises in the background.

“Where are you?”

“We decided to try this new café that opened in Garusogil, and, I’m trying to sketch. But they have the best muffins here.” She added, Shownu heard another voice from her end.

“What do you think about this, Chaeyeon-ssi?”

Shownu paused again, not recognizing the voice.

“This looks nice, but won’t it be too dark for summer?” She sounded distracted and the male laughed hummed back, agreeing with her.

“I’ll try to look for other photos then.”

“Chaeyeon-ah?” Shownu spoke and stretched his arms.

“Sorry, I’m out with Song Kang. Give me a second.” She murmured, Shownu could hear how she stood up and excused herself from the male.

“Hi, how are you?” She spoke, Shownu’s lips curled up.

“I was just at a meeting, I got your text.”

“Should I go? I mean, I know you won’t be able to make it. But it is kind of a family event. I don’t want to seem too….I don’t know.” She murmured.

“What are you so worried about? Eomma always invites you, they love having you around.”

“But that’s different, going to your parents’ house is no sweat. But, it’s a Samsung event, and there’s always people watching.” She muttered.

“Well, you can just tell them you’re busy. Or, something came up.” Shownu trailed off, he pursed his lips.

“And, no, this is not me trying to nudge you into driving back here this weekend, because I know you can’t. And I don’t want you to.”

“Ouch. You don’t want me there?” Shownu said, teasing her. But he knew her well, and he gets her.

“You know what I mean.”

“I know. But, don’t think too much about it. My family knows you and they adore you. They probably won’t even notice that I’m not there.”

“Are you sure it’s fine?”

“Of course. I really wanted to drive back, but I have a conference.” Shownu murmured and he scrunched his nose.

“Busy Son Hyunwoo.” She hummed back.

“We should go to this place if you’re in Seoul. They have good coffee too.”

“I’ll clear up my schedule next week.”

“Don’t come unannounced.” She mused back, Shownu smiled.

“Are things okay there?” Chaeyeon asked him.

“Yes. I won’t keep you long. I’ll call later.”

“Okay. I miss you.” She whispered before quickly ending the call, Shownu chuckled and put his phone back in his pocket.

 

 

 

Heesoo let out a sigh and slid down from the Rover. She walked around the car and stared at the building before her, she pursed her lips before typing a quick text on her phone.

I’m dropping off the car here.

Thanks, beefcake.

She was about to approach the one the building’s guards to leave the keys but her phone pinged.

Wait. Freeze.

I’ll be down in a bit. -Wonho Beefcake

She shook her head and treaded back to the car again, she leaned against the car’s hood and crossed her arms over her chest.

“This is why I hate being back.” She muttered darkly and rolled her eyes.

“Now you don’t look so tiny next to this car, unlike the Tundra.”

She looked up and saw a familiar figure walking towards her, he had a small careful smile on his face as he approached her.

“Hi, I have no energy to argue with you. But my Tundra is my baby.” She pointed out, he chuckled and stood beside her.

“You didn’t have to go down here, I can just~”

“I wanted to. How…did things go?” Wonho asked her, she puffed her cheeks and shook her head.

“I didn’t exactly go out to get some air. I went to war.” Heesoo turned to him, Wonho tilted his head at her.

“Should…I ask with whom? Or shall I just wait for the news later?” He asked, sensing her mood.

“No, I actually…went to my father, a very stupid decision. But I was furious and I wasn’t seeing straight. And, that answered a lot of questions.”

Wonho unlocked the car and the girl blinked at him.

“Are you sending me away?” She blurted out, he let out a chuckle and shook off his coat.

“I would never, but I think we should go somewhere with less eyes. Let’s go get some food.”

“Why?”

“Because, like you said, your father might see you hanging out with a stranger. And that might not be good for you. And the Choisan son.”

“He can have his assigned stalkers look all they want. I don’t care, should I go down Chaeyeon’s path? But, I should look for the worst guy to date and show him around.” She began, Wonho turned to her and he opened the door for her.

“And then, I should start bringing him to family parties and all those social events that they ask me to go.”

“I feel like I should stop you from that.” Wonho murmured, the girl turned to him and she broke into a smile. He paused, taken aback by her sudden attention.

“It seems fun. Sounds fun.” She stated as she took a step closer to him and fixed his tie, Wonho stilled at her closeness.

“Seems dangerous.” He commented, she looked up to meet his gaze and she smiled.

“Cautious Wonho. But, okay.”

“Okay, as in you won’t look for the worst person to date?”

“No.” Heesoo giggled and she patted his chest before pulling away from him.

“I meant okay, let’s get some food.” She said as she climbed back inside the car, Wonho shook his head with a smile.

“I mean it, be careful.” Wonho told her, the girl paused and looked at him.

“Do you really think I’d go around and look for men to date?”

Wonho blinked back at her, she grinned.

“Let’s go, I’m hungry.” She sighed at him, he nodded and pushed the car door close.

Wonho was about to walk around the car, but the window rolled down. He turned to her.

“Let’s get fried chicken.” She said as she stretched her fist to him, Wonho smiled and nodded.

“Okay.” He replied and bumped fists with the girl, Wonho walked around the car and puffed his cheeks.

I have to get used to this. I have to get used to her.

He got inside the vehicle and received a text from his secretary, reminding him about his meeting in the next hour. He started the car and sent in a reply, instructing him to cancel the meeting and move the next day.

“Wonho?” Heesoo suddenly spoke as they were driving away from the Samsung headquarters building.

“You know, ramen doesn’t sound so bad too.”

“Alright, chicken and ramen.”

“Yes, beefcake is the best.”

 

 

 

Chaeyeon set Vivi down and watched as the dog set off and dashed towards the garden, she turned her head and saw secretary Yang speaking with the men Shownu sent to help her move.

“It’s not a lot of boxes, the truck wasn’t necessary.” She murmured as she walked to the kitchen, she opened the fridge and got herself a bottle of juice.

She took a small sip and turned to her phone again. She picked it up and proceeded to call Shownu’s office.

“Good morning, president Oh.” Shownu’s secretary answered.

“I’m trying to reach your boss, he’s not picking up. Is he in a meeting?”

“Ah, let me check, ma’am.”

Chaeyeon nodded and walked towards the garage, she switched the lights on and walked around the cars. She smiled as she reached the Mustang.

“Ah, director Son? He was called to the nearby branch. He left his phone again.”

Chaeyeon paused, the secretary was speaking to someone else from the other line.

“Really? What time will he be back?”

“I’m not sure, it must be because his phone is always ringing. I don’t know who it is, but someone keeps on calling director Son.”

Chaeyeon paused, her brows went up. She exhaled and got on the Mustang’s driver set and started the car.

“President?”

“Yes.” She spoke and leaned against the seat, her forehead creasing.

“Director Son left his phone here, he had to attend to a situation at one of our branches. I’ll make sure to inform him that you called.”

“Alright.”

“I can call the branch now and have~”

“It’s fine. I’ll wait till he’s free to talk. Have a good day.” She muttered and ended the call, the girl slid down from the car and made her way back into the house.

“President, I had them leave the boxes of your shoes by the~” Secretary Yang spoke as she walked to her, but Chaeyeon waved her off.

“That’s fine, but where’s that file I asked for the other day?” She asked as she walked towards the living room.

“What file?”

“On that girl. The Baek girl. Baek Estate, Baek Holdings, whatever it was.” She stated as she grabbed the remote control and plopped down on the couch. Secretary Yang paused, and she studied the look on her boss’s face.

“I want it now.” She stated, the latter nodded.

“I’ll have someone send it over from the office.”

“Good, check on them upstairs. I’m sure my Chanel coats will need new hangers. Thanks.”

Secretary Yang sent a quick text to their main office and went upstairs. She made her way towards the guestroom and helped out the men who were arranging Chaeyeon’s things.

“She’s in a bad mood.” She murmured, she could hear her boss’s phone ring from below.

Seconds went by, and the call was never picked up.

“That Baek girl is in trouble then.” Secretary Yang murmured as she proceeded to take out the Chanel coats.

“Or director Son is.”

 

 

 

“They do this almost every year, and the party just gets bigger.”

Aerin turned to her friend and she smiled, Jisoo was looking around at event hall.

“I haven’t been to a Samsung event in a while. I think I have been out of town for way too long.” She commented as she patted the skirt of her Balenciaga dress, Jisoo then turned to her.

“He probably won’t be here. I heard he’s been assigned to their Busan office for a while.” She said with a small teasing smile.

“I know, but his parents will be. I’m sure they’d like to see me.”

Jisoo sighed at her and she pulled her friend towards one of the tables to get some champagne.

“What now? I know you think I’m being crazy,”

“You know he already has a girlfriend, I just think you should be careful. You know how their family works and how they do things.”

“I know, that’s why they need to realize just what kind of woman they’re son is seeing. Some unknown brat shouldn’t be with one of the Samsung sons, she’s probably after his money.”

“You can’t even recall her name, how are you so sure?” Jisoo pointed out as she took another sip from her glass, Aerin let out a laugh.

“She does manual labor. She works. Of course she’s no one.” She chortled, and then she paused when she noticed a familiar couple walk past them.

“Mrs. Son,” She spoke, the girl was about to move forward when Shownu’s mother suddenly smiled and raised her palm.

“Chaeyeon-ah, over here!”

Jisoo paused and followed the elder’s gaze, then her eyes widened.

“Uncle, auntie, hello!” The young lady who was wearing a nicely fitting silk dress greeted the elders with a warm smile.

"Chaeyeon, finally. You look gorgeous as always!" Mrs. Son cooed before giving the girl a quick hug.

“Limited edition Versace.” Aerin blurted out with her eyebrows knitted together.

“Thank you for taking the time to come, Chaeyeon-ah. Our son has been away for too long that we already forgot how he looks like.” Mr. Son said jokingly as he patted the girl’s hand, Chaeyeon chuckled.

“He told me to come and at least show you recent pictures of him, uncle.”

“Now, she flirts with the dad.” Aerin spat under her breath, Jisoo yanked her by the arm and started dragging her friend away.

“Hey, y—you..the girl you’ve been talking about..is that her?”

“Yes, her. Very plain, huh? I wonder how she got that dress, probably Shownu oppa did.”

“Hey! Baek Aerin!” Jisoo shushed her, the latter blinked back, confused.

“Are you sure? The one you’ve been talking about is Oh Chaeyeon.”

“Right, that’s her name.” Aerin said and rolled her eyes, Jisoo winced and glanced at the Sons again, the newcomer was now seated with them at the main table.

“You…You really don’t know, huh?”

“Don’t know what?” Aerin grew annoyed, Jisoo sighed at her.

“That girl is Oh Chaeyeon.”

“I know, you just said her name. And to be honest, I don’t want to look at her, she’s just~”

“Oh Chaeyeon, as in one of the two next in line to manage Kia Motors, and, wait, she’s also a Lotte Holdings daughter.” Jisoo pointedly said, Aerin halted and she put her glass down.

“What?”

“That girl, the reason why you don’t know her is because her family has always been elusive. They pay people so that they won’t be talked about. Her brother becoming a celebrity was quite the adjustment for them. Oh Sehun.”

Aerin staggered back and her eyes focused on Chaeyeon again.

“You know what, don’t be careful. Just stay away. Forget about Shownu, besides, you were the one who ed up.”

“Jisoo~”

“That girl is not to be toyed with. And, don’t forget, you were the one who messed up, you even dragged him into your mess.” Jisoo said just as Wonho joined the table, he was smiling as he took the seat beside Chaeyeon.

Aerin’s eyes didn’t leave the girl as she chatted with the Sons and Wonho, her forehead creased in annoyance, and then the girl turned her head and met her gaze.

Chaeyeon’s brows went up slightly, the corners of her lips quirked up and she turned her head away.

“Please, don’t pick fights with her.”

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++