Chapter 9: Identity Lost

Unwillingly Yours

"My new name?" she asked." No disrespect but I like my name thank you. I don't feel as though I need a new one."

He did his usual pulse spiking laugh and her cheeks flushed on their own. That laugh also meant he was about to disregard what she said and she had to admit it was getting annoying. "Kyra, although your protests are both admirable and adorable, I'm afraid you don't have much of a choice in the matter. You will be having your name changed to a traditional Korean one whether you like it or not."

Kyra knew she should watch her tongue but she was annoyed. "If that's the case... Why do you even need to have this discussion with me? If I have no choice in what happens to me then why don't you just make the decisions and let me know what's been done, because honestly it's a bit cruel that you keep rubbing the fact that you have ownership of me in my face." the word ownership left a bitter taste in . She felt like crying and her bright blue eyes got glassy but she refused to shed tears. Jaejoong stared at her through slitted eyes but he said nothing. He definitely wouldn't be getting bored of this one, but he wondered how far he could push her before she broke. A smile spread across his face and he his full pink lips before speaking again.

"We aren't that barbaric my pet. We like to make our pets feel as though they have the ability to make choices. I am giving you the opportunity to pick out your own name. Your name. If you don't want to that's fine, I will pick it for you." He was luring her in. He knew she would want at least that much control. 

She considered this. She would probably be dumb to not accept his offer. So she did.

"Good. I'm glad this is what you decided. Now if you can take a seat at my desk, you can look up a name of your choice from the data base. Pick something that suits you." 

Kyra navigated her way over to the large leather chair and took a seat. She eyed Jaejoong for a second. He was dressed in a black button down, black slacks and dress shoes of the same color and he looked good. Really good in fact. Everything looked as if it was tailored to fit him exactly. She shook her head to snap herself out of her daze before she was caught gawking and she the computer.  A black background popped up with some Korean writing that she didn't understand. Luckily the internet icons were the same like at home and she clicked on it. Somehow she was redirected to an English website with a list of Korean baby names for girls. She glanced over to see that he was still in the same spot just watching her. It made her uneasy. She thought she would be used to being stared at by now, but when he did it , it was different. 

"Are you going to be watching me the entire time I do this?" She asked as she browsed through the names. He chuckled at her and shifted his weight onto his other foot. After a few seconds She told him of a name choice. "How about Hyo? its short, simple and easy to remember." Jaejoong laughed and walked over to her. Once he was behind her she got chills. 

"Family duty? That doesn't suit you at all." he leaned over her, placing his hands on either side of her, and grabbed the mouse from her. She felt a familiar sense of panic start to set in. The last time they were like this he left two puncture wounds in her neck. Her body tensed as he began to scroll thorough the names, his mouth was by her ear and Kyra could literally hear and feel him breathing which caused her to break out in goose bumps.

"How about something like..." he paused as he glanced through the list some more."Mi Yong."

Kyra made a face. "No. It sounds ugly. " 

Jaejoong let out a whole hearted laugh. "it means Eternal, beautiful and prosperity."  As he said this he pushed her hair to the shoulder opposite of him and inhaled.  Kyra's pulse began to race.

"S-still though no."she tried hard to gain her composure. " I don't like that one."

He sighed, making sure his breath tickled her neck. "Fine then... how about this one?" He pointed the cursor to one of the names. 

"Hana?" She raised her brow.  "Whats that mean?" 

his lips he leaned in close to her neck.   "It means Favorite, and flower." She trembled as he spoke.  Kyra nearly jumped out of her skin when his lips met with her shoulder.  "So how about that one?" He spoke in a low and husky tone, and she could feel every syllable on her flesh, goosebumps ran  across her skin and chills jolted through her body. She couldn't think nor could she speak. At this point and just babbled nonsense and stuttered uncontrollably. He laughed at her in a low deep tone. "Is that a yes?'' Kyra simply nodded. Planting a kiss on her shoulder blade he backed away, pleased with how much he was able to bother her. She may have been vulnerable now, but he was almost positive that the next time he saw her she would be well guarded.

"Good. It's settled then. You may leave now while I do some paperwork and finalize some documents. I'll see you later...Hana." 

Kyra just sat there in a daze for a moment. When she didn't make any  indication that she was going to move he placed a hand on her shoulder, which made her yelp in surprise. She stood up immediately looked at him with an embarrassed expression and said "Sorry... I uh... I'll  be getting out your way now." She was feeling dizzy and emotionally confused by what just happened and made sure she got out of there are quick as possible.

 

---------------

Posted: 2/24/2012

Blahhhh. new chapter update. short because 8 was longer than i anticipated.