Chapter 40: Caught Off Guard

Unwillingly Yours

 

“My body froze as I saw the shadowy figure approach the window. I guess I wouldn’t have freaked out so bad if it weren’t for two things. One, there was a freaking person coming towards the window. And two, the window was three stories up with no balcony or anything. The sound of glass shattering was the loudest thing I ever heard in my life and although I warned Kyra to watch out, I could only stand there frozen, shielding my face from any fragments that were flying about in our direction.  The only thing I managed to see was Kyra being chucked out the window and the person…I assume it was a man go after her, he was practically Changmin’s height too.  I screamed after her, but I think he knocked her unconscious.” Tears rolled down Alexandria’s face as she got to the next part. “And then there was blood and I… I couldn’t do anything to save her.” He erupted into a sobbing fit and Changmin held her. She could recall the anger on Jaejoong’s face, but it was a scary dark type of anger; the calm kind.

“Well if she’s bleeding, we should be able to sniff her out with ease.” It was Junsu who spoke

“Yes, if it weren’t for the fact that we have a sprinkler system in the yard to keep the grass watered. The only thing we can assume is that they headed for the woods, and if that’s the case she is long gone from our territory anyways.” Yunho countered.

Alexandria felt the vibrations of Changmin’s voice travel through his body as he spoke. “Well then there is nothing we can do, except replace her.” Her heart stopped and she shoved herself away from him.

Excuse me?

Changmin looked at Alexandria a little dumbfounded. “H-Haneul-” He started.

“No no no. Don’t you even start that with me. First when I beg you to go after them to save my sister you said no. The three of you” She gestured to Changmin, Junsu and Yoochun. “Said that you couldn’t go because you had to make sure all the other girls were protected. That was fine, totally logical, I don’t hate you any less for it, but it was an acceptable answer. One of you called Jaejoong and let him know the situation, and like a bat out of hell, he and Yunho are back here. After pretty much locking all the girls in one room and hearing my side of the story, you are trying to tell me… that you won’t even bother to look for my sister? That she is just easily replaced? If that was the case then why the are the other girls locked away and being protected right now if it’s so ing easy to replace them?!” Tears rolled down her face still, but she was furious. There was silence in the hall. No one seemed to have a good answer. Then Jaejoong spoke.

“Once a girl is on the territory of another groups, if we aren’t already on their territory when something happens, there is nothing we can do. That’s just how it works.” He didn’t seem any less pissed about the situation even if he knew the rules.

“Oh that is ing bull.” She yelled, but before she continued her verbal rampage she paused, and her expression changed. “But wait. Wait just a second. Didn’t whoever make their way this way trespass first? Kyra didn’t wander over there willingly or anything; she was attacked on our property and kidnapped. Doesn’t that give you guys a loophole?”

The vampires looked at each other with varying expressions. “It might… however we still don’t know where she is, and we can’t just barge in on anyone else’s grounds like a swat team looking for Hana.”

“True, but if she’s fledgling capable, that does bump her up a little in priority Jae. It also makes her desirable to others if they knew that she was.”

“Why is that Yunho?” Alexandria asked.

“It adds new traits to the gene pool. New traits also mean a bigger possibility of new abilities.”

“Abilities?”

“Yes, like Compulsion, mindreading… things like that. If a fledgling capable person survives the change, their offspring have a huge chance of having abilities, and not just that, they might be gifted in something new or something rare, like elemental manipulation. Things like that. So it’s worth snatching one up.”

“So wait. A minute… We learned about something like that in the class we were in, but… How do you know Kyra can be turned?”

All eyes were on Jaejoong at that point. He didn’t say anything at first, since he was in deep thought about what to do. Ignoring Alexandria’s question he spoke. “We need to figure out how to go about this. We were very lucky to not have one, but three girls who could help diversify our gene pool; granted that this would only be true if they survived the change. One is dead and the other is gone and that leaves only one more.” All eyes were on a confused Alexandria. “We need to figure out who was stupid enough to steal from us.”

“Well you guys can do that. I’m moving out.” Changmin said placing his hands on Alexandria’s shoulders, standing behind her protectively. “I’m going to take the girls and hide them somewhere till all of this is figured out.”

There weren’t any objections from the vampires, they all knew that Changmin was possessive over his food, and even more so now that Alexandria was around. Alexandria however, started to protest but Yunho explained it might be a good idea in case they find out that Kyra had a sister. No one told her that she was also fledgling capable since it would more than likely increase her risk of being snatched up. Jaejoong didn’t say anything more after that and made his way to his study, a dark energy swirling around him that made Alexandria break out in goose bumps.

Kyra please be safe…Alexandria said silently as she looked out the window.

 

-------------------

Posted: 4/3/2012

The final chapter T.T  waaaahhh. So. wow. 40 chapters and it's done... well this part anyways. I WANT TO THANK YOU ALL FOR READING AND SUBSCRIBING! I hope you continue to do so, here and on the next installment Unwillingly Yours: Project Venus

Thank you all again you guys~