Chapter 27: Gossip and Feelings

Unwillingly Yours

 

Kyra was glad she remembered the room that her sister was staying in. She cracked it open some and peeked inside. Alexandria was in her bed. Thank goodness. She said with a sigh. Her sister shot up at the sound, and startled the both of them causing both girls to scream. Alexandria stumbled out of her bed in a panic.

“Who the are you?!” She screamed.

Kyra flipped the light switch on since the sun was still low in the sky. “Alex it’s me! Calm yourself down!” She couldn’t help the smile on her face. She was alive and well.Thank goodness.

“Don’t you know how to knock damnit? I thought you were a robber.” She rubbed her eyes and groggily got up and sat on her bed. Kyra knew that the way she flinched when she rubbed her neck meant that she was bitten.

“How are you feeling? I’m surprised you’re full of energy like this.” Kyra asked as she came in and sat next to her sister on the bed.

“Oh. So you know already. Well…I feel like now, I was only energetic because of the adrenaline rush I got, but I’ve been feeling really dizzy.” She scratched at her neck and wailed in pain. “Oh what the is this?!” Cringing she got up and stumbled her way on over to the bathroom and the light. “Holy !” She yelled.

And so it begins…Kyra sighed and thought to herself. By the way she was acting, she figured Alexandria must have not remembered what happened last night.

“Alex, we… we need to have a talk about those bites on your neck.”

“Yeah with the exterminators. What kind of mosquitos do they have over here?”

Kyra shook her head, sighed and got up to grab her sister by the hand and led her back to the bed, ushering her to sit down. Once she did Kyra began to speak. “Okay so Alex… I don’t know if you know this, but yesterday afternoon. You were taken somewhere with Changmin right?”

Her younger sister nodded. “Yes, we went to his study.”

“Do you remember everything that happened after that?” Kyra’s heart was racing as she asked this question.

After a while the younger girl nodded her head. “Yeah. He told me that dad pretty much gave me up for a wicked amount of cash.” She spoke non-chalantly and this shocked Kyra.

“What?”

Alex looked at her sister. “What do you mean what? You already knew this, why are you acting all surprised?”

“Because you seem okay with it. That’s why. How could you be okay with that?

Alexandria plopped onto her back and looked up at Kyra. “Oh please. Dad was dying to get rid of us. I hated living with him anyways. I was a little upset at first, but then I was like. Okay, so I never have to see his abusive again, I finally get to spend time with my sister and be surrounded by five of the hottest guys I’ve ever seen. I think I may have lucked out.” She was grinning from ear to ear.

Kyra just sat there with her jaw agape.

“You look so stupid right now Kyra” Alex said laughing hard and then flinching from the pain of her bite. “ that hurts.” She resisted the urge to rub it. “And before you ask me if I know what else happened. Yes, I do. He’s a vampire. Isn’t that just the iest thing ever? It’s always been kind of this odd fantasy of mine to be bitten by a vampire. Except… it was way more painful than I expected, but otherwise. I can’t really complain much. My vampire is hot.”

“What the did I just hear right now?” Kyra was almost disgusted with what she was hearing, and at the same time she was beyond flabbergasted.

“Oh don’t tell me you expected me to be all crybaby about it. I will admit I cried when he bit me because it hurt like hell. But this was probably one of the best things to happen to me Kyra, you have no idea.”

“How could you be so positive about this Alex, they ing kidnapped you.” Kyra was getting frustrated.

Alexandria rolled her eyes. “Listen sis, maybe it was hard for you to accept the fact that we had parents. But I accepted that a long time ago. If you expect me to not be happy of being away from the man that used me as a punching bag for the past 9 years of my life then I don’t know what to tell you. The best part is that I won’t be alone here, since I have you. That’s what made it way less scary.” She smiled.

Kyra almost got teary eyed at this and threw herself on top of her sister. “You are so inspirationally optimistic that I just want to smother you with all the love I have.” Her younger sister made a slightly pained noise and laughed. Kyra was very proud at that moment. This had officially been her best day here to date.

                                                  --------------------------------------------

The two girls chatted the rest of the day and ate lunch with Hyosun who was a little bummed that she didn’t get to go with Junsu. That all changed once the conversation of what happened with Changmin was brought up.

“So you’re telling me he didn’t try to kill you?” Hyosun asked in amazement.

“No. Actually, he was very sweet to me my entire stay here. He was calm when he explained everything and was very surprised with how well I took it. As was Kyra and you Sunny. You don’t mind if I call you that do you?”

Hyosun vigorously shook her head. “No not at all. Did he do anything else?”

Alexandria thought about it for a while. “No. Not that I can remember, but I woke up in my bed. And my sister scared me half to death. You make him seem like a total monster.”

Hyosun and Kyra looked at each other and then back at Alexandria. “Alex. I love you. And I am going to tell you that Changmin should not be trusted. He tried to kill me, and because of him I ended up in the hospital. There are other reasons why and I won’t get into that now, but he was the last straw. He attacked me in my own room, and he is still a young vampire. He can’t control himself that well and I need you to be very careful around him.”

Hyosun nodded and added onto the verbal ‘Anti-Changmin’ campaign they had going on. “Yeah and he doesn’t know when to control himself when he’s feeding, his girls are usually constantly too weak to work since he overfeeds, and he’s even killed one of Yunho’s girls.” Kyra’s heart sank as her thoughts went to Myorin.

Poor girl. And Yunho seemed to care a lot about her too…Kyra looked at her sister who seemed to be absorbing everything and taking it into consideration.

“Well. It sounds like stuff I’m already used to so I should be okay. He honestly doesn’t scare me anyways, but thank you for giving me a heads up.”

Kyra gave Alexandria a sad look. “Was it really that bad Alex?” Her heart broke that her sister was just able to talk about things no nonchalantly that should have been a big detail. She was only eighteen and knew how to detach herself from situations like that.

She shrugged. “I guess so. I don’t really know. But why don’t we keep off such a dark subject and you gals tell me about the men in your lives?” She smirked at the two, causing Hyosun and Kyra to break out in giggles.

“Men in our lives? Hardly. But my master is Junsu. He’s pretty nice most of the time.”

Kyra thought back to what Junsu said earlier and it caused her to laugh and snort at the same time, causing her apple juice to shoot through her nose. The other two girls screeched for a minute and then erupted in laughter as Kyra tried to figure out if she was more embarrassed or hysterical over the turn of events.

“Kyra what the hell?” Hyosun said between laughs.

When Kyra was able to speak she explained why she did that and once again they all erupted in laughter and got stares from the other girls. They paid them no mind and continued their conversation. “Bomi was trying so hard not to laugh. She looked gorgeous today though. You should definitely see her when she gets back before she changes.”

“Will do.” Hyosun said with a nod. She looked at Alexandria who seemed a little upset. “Whats the matter Alex?”

“Why didn’t Changmin take me with him? I’m way prettier than that . She’s going to be the reason we won’t have any parties.” She gave a pout and actually seemed offended.

Kyra snorted again. “Blunt one aren’t we? You can tell how we might be related by that.” She stuck her tongue out at Alexandria and she was flipped off in return.

“Sisterly love at its finest.” Chimed Hyosun with a giggle.

“But since it’s your first bite and you’re freshly marked, you’ll have to rest up before you are ready to go around like normal. You know you were wobbly and you look like hell in comparison to yesterday.”

“Thanks for reminding me that I look like a Zombie with weird puckered growths on my neck.” Alexandria said flatly.

“Relax sis, everyone has had that issue, apparently it goes away after a few days. I wouldn’t know, because you know. I’m a special case of bad luck. But in two days the swelling should be gone, and after the second time, it shouldn’t pucker up like that again.”

Hyosun nodded and patted her hand sympathetically. “Don’t feel bad I didn’t get to go either. And your sister stayed behind as well to make sure you were alright.” Kyra smiled bashfully at the mention of that.

“I guess.” Alexandria sighed. “But doesn’t it bother you at all at least a little that they picked someone else to go outside? I mean I’ve been here for almost three weeks, and I haven’t seen anyone actually get to go out into the area. It must get so boring being in a house all day every day.”

Kyra never really considered that and she shrugged. “I don’t know what house you’re talking about. As long as I have been here, there has not been a boring day. Something is always happening. I’m actually glad that things have settled down a bit.” She let out a happy sigh.

“I think Jang Mi is boning your boss.” Alexandria said.

“What the ?!” Kyra blurted.

“I said I think Jang Mi is doing the nasty with Jaejoong. You should see the she is with him. I’m positive that there is some boss and worker loving going down behind closed doors.”

This made a twinge of pain go through Kyra, and she tried to not let it show. “What makes you… think that of all things?” Hyosun looked at Kyra with a bit of concern and was about to speak but Alexandria continued talking.

“Well…”She said and looked at Hyosun for a moment with an odd smile before looking back at Kyra. “I’ve heard it’s actually pretty common for the vampires to commit sins of the flesh with their workers. Especially ones they favor greatly.” Hyosun began to blush and Kyra was about to ask what her sister meant by that, but Hyosun excused herself from the table and said she had to go use the bathroom. Kyra didn’t think anything of it, but the was Alexandria was smiling meant something.

“Why must you make her so uncomfortable with your open talks about ?” She whispered.

Alexandria just smirked and shrugged. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to offend her or weird her out. But it still doesn’t change what I think is going on. Doesn’t Jaejoong have 3 other girls he could take? And when you were on a hiatus, she boasted how ‘Master Jaejoong feeds on me twice as much. He obviously favors me.’” She rolled her eyes as she made fun of the way the girl spoke. Kyra shook her head and chuckled as she listened. “And yet… he always picks Jang Mi. I think he likes her.” She said suddenly.

Kyra’s heart dropped to her stomach when she heard Alexandria say that. “You think so?” She suppressed the urge to sigh when her sister nodded. Hyosun eventually made her way back and changed the subject back to learning about Alexandria when she saw how uncomfortable Kyra looked. Kyra tried hard to pay attention, but she kept getting lost in her own thoughts. I wonder if she’s actually right…

 

-------------------

Posted: Originally 3/10/2012 Reposted: 3/13/2012