Chapter 23: Compulsion

Unwillingly Yours

 

Kyra’s eyes went wide as she felt Jaejoongs lips against hers. Her heart began to race and she started to blush. Jaejoong pushed her up against the door while still kissing her. Kyra didn’t know how to react at first. She didn’t push him away and she didn’t kiss him back. Jaejoong broke the kiss and leaned his head against hers, his golden eyes boring into her ice blue ones. “If you leave I will find you. You’re not allowed to leave me. Your mine and no one else is allowed to have you.” He spoke in a low husky tone, almost growling towards the end. Jaejoong didn’t understand what had gotten into him just then that made him kiss her and threaten her like he just did, but somehow it just felt right.

Kyra tried to speak, but no words would come out. Her mind was spinning at this point as it replayed over and over what had just happened. Did he really just kiss me? She thought to herself. Okay. Stupid, stupid question. The better question is why? “J-Jae-” was all she managed to stutter out before he pounded his fist against the wall, making her jump and moved away from her. He dug both his hands into his hair and sighed, trying to calm himself.

“What the did I just do?” He wasn’t speaking to her. He was talking to himself and he began to pace before punching her wall and breaking into it some. Kyra didn’t want to be there anymore. He was really scaring the out of her, so with her heart pumping adrenaline through her body, she felt around for the door knob and opened the door before running away from him. She was glad she had changed into her running shoes and she made her way to the spiral staircase and ran down two steps at a time before tackling right into one of the girls. The only thing she noticed was the bright red hair, and she knew it was her sister and they were both tumbling down the stairs. She noticed what must have been Changmin standing on the stairs as the girls continued to tumble down to the first floor dizzy, disoriented and in pain. Kyra however, was fueled on pure adrenaline and the need to run away. She looked at her younger sister and grabbed her by the hand yanking her up, and tugging her to the back lounge of the house.

“H-hey where are you dragging me off too?” The still disoriented girl asked as she stumbled over her feet.

“Anywhere but here.” Kyra did not even understand what possessed her to try and make a run for it or why she even grabbed her little sister, but something told her to. As they made it onto the lawn, Jaejoong was leaning over the balcony yelling at her to stop moving and come back up the stairs.

“Holy shi-” the red haired girl said as she looked up to see a furious Jaejoong

“Run. Run now Alexandria!” Kyra said as she took off at full speed with her sister on her heels.

“How do you know my name and why are we even running?” she panted. Kyra smiled. Yes I knew it was you.

“I’d tell you now but I think that would slow us down even more.  Just come on.”

Alexandria stopped running. “Why the hell am I even running? I didn’t do anything wrong.” Once she was able to gather her thoughts Alexandria began to piece things together. Kyra skidded to a halt, they were near the tree line of the woods.

“Come on Alexandria.” Kyra pleaded.

“No. I don’t even know you. You’re the one who came barreling down the stairs like a bat out of hell and knocked me down. Look girl, I don’t know what you did, but I am not going to get involved in your mess. So if you’ll excuse me, I’m heading back to the house. Weirdo.” And before Kyra could protest, Alexandria took off towards the house.

“Goddamnit.” she huffed and continued to run towards the tree line.

 

                               -----------------Jaejoong------------------

Jaejoong was angry and he didn’t know why. Mostly because she threatened to leave, and partly because he found it necessary to kiss her. “What the is wrong with me?” He turned around to find Kyra gone, and he ran out the room to find Changmin on the stairs looking like he saw a ghost.

“Changmin, what happened?” He asked. “Did you see Hana?”

Changmin let out a big sigh, closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose, all while shaking his head. “Right now? She’s probably tumbled to the bottom of the stairs with my girl. Oh look, there she goes now. Can’t you hear her running out to the back?” Changmin started walking down the stairs after making a face at Jaejoong. “I knew she was going to start something.” He grumbled.

“.” Jaejoong actually ran to his room and made it in time to see the girls just step on the lawn. Kyra was gripping on her sister’s hand pulling her towards the woods. “Hana turn around now and come back upstairs!” He yelled. The younger redhead looked up in a bit up surprise before they both hightailed it to the tree line. As Jaejoong stared after them for a moment, Changmin leisurely walked out and looked up at him. “I’d love to hear the story of how you managed to make that one run off.” Jaejoong glared down at him and jump off the third floor balcony  and onto the ground next to Changmin with a loud thud.

 “I don’t even want to get into it with you. Right now, we have to get them before they wander and get snatched up by someone else.”

“Actually I won’t have to be doing any running.” He said nodding his head in the direction of the tree line. Jaejoong turned to see Kyra’s younger sister jogging back.

“Of course she would be the one to come back.” He sighed. “Make sure she doesn’t look back at me as I run. He said and took off jogging past her at a normal speed. He heard Changmin call after her and kept talking to her as he tried to keep her attention. Jaejoong took the opportunity to use a burst of his vampire speed to make it to the tree line before Kyra managed to disappear into the woods, making her gasp and stop in her tracks. He glared down at her. How dare she try and run away from him. “Hana. What in the actual do you think you are doing?!” He yelled at her. The panting girl backed up before speaking.

“Getting away from you.” She managed to say between pants. “You were going crazy in there, and you said I could leave.”

Jaejoong got angry at that. “I didn’t actually mean it you idiot. If it was that simple, why would we go out of our way to make sure you girls can’t leave?”

Kyra plopped down on the grass now that the adrenaline in her system ebbed itself and fatigue took its place. She was going to speak but Jaejoong continued his angry rant. “On top of that why did you just…bolt like that? It’s completely unlike you, not to mention you tried to take the redhead with you.”

“I don’t ing know okay?!”She blurted out in a scream. “I don’t know why I just up and ran like my life depended on it. But my body was telling me to run away.” She really didn’t understand why she ran. Jaejoong could tell by the look on her face that she was confused. Without saying anything else he scooped her bridal style and ran back to the house a bit slower than he did to get here, but a lot faster than a normal person would be able to. Kyra cursed and screamed and protested as he did so, but he ignored her.  As they approached the back porch, he placed her down and was bombarded with an onslaught of curses. He ignored them because he felt as though he was being watched. He looked up to the balcony of his room and saw Yunho casually leaning on the edge of it with a smirk on his face.

“Jae, can you give me a moment of your time?”

“After I deal with-” Yunho cut him off.

Now Jae. I would like to talk to you now.” It was definitely more than just a request and sighing Jaejoong nodded. He looked at Kyra with a glare. “You. Inside now. I am going to deal with you later.” She glared back at him, and stormed inside the house. Once she was inside Jaejoong made his way up to the balcony the same way he did with Kyra once before. “So what is it Yunho?”

“You have a lot of explaining to do. As do I about what happened just now.”

                                          ----------------------------------------------

Kyra felt lightheaded, and made her way to the couch with a sigh. “What the hell just happened?” she asked herself. Kyra felt a little voice in her head telling her to run away from him. To try and escape him and make a run to the woods and she didn’t know why she couldn’t not listen to it. She figured it had to be the fear of Jaejoongs actions. The way he yelled at her and punched her wall. It did scare her. That she couldn’t deny, but it wasn’t enough to make her do what she almost did. Kyra knew he wasn’t going to hurt her. He had better control of himself than that.

So how do you explain that kiss that happened?Her subconscious chimed in. Immediately her mind was brought back to that particular scene and she blushed. Jaejoong had kissed her out of nowhere and she couldn’t even wrap her head around why he would even do that. Her cheeks flushed as the scene replayed over in her head. His words of possession sent chills down her body, but she couldn’t tell if it was excitement or fear. Someone’s voice distracted her from her thoughts.

“I can’t believe there isn’t any lunch in the dining hall today.” It was a girl she didn’t know, and she was talking to someone else. 

“Oh . I forgot about that.” Kyra blurted out loud and sat up. She made her way into the foyer and called out to the girls. “If you want to eat come with me.” She said and made her way to the dining hall, not bothering to check and see if the girls followed them. She made her way into the dining hall, and yelled at the top of her lungs, over the voices. “Attention ladies. The kitchen is now open to you to serve yourselves whatever the hell you want for lunch, just clean up after your mess. Before you ask me why, it’s because the chef was fired earlier today, which is why you saw me come out of the kitchen at breakfast.” She knew there would be some sort of talk about it. When everyone just looked at her incredulously she sighed and made her way to the kitchen and held the door open. “I’m serious. If you guys want to sit her and starve that’s your problem.” She shrugged and made her way in the kitchen to go make herself a simple Caesar salad since she didn’t have much of an appetite. Once the door shut behind her, it swung open again as girls began to make their way inside. “Explore around, everything is off for now so you aren’t in danger of killing yourselves.”  And that’s exactly what the girls did.

Kyra was sitting down munching on her salad and a sandwich Nan had made for her. If it wasn’t for the fact that she had watched the girl make it, she wouldn’t have taken it. Kyra had to admit that the girl could make a mean sandwich. Her two friends joined her at the table soon after, each with something different in their trays.  It was almost a bit of a bonding moment, because all the girls participated in making food for one another. But that tranquility ended as soon as the dining hall doors opened, and Alexandria, her friend and Changmin stepped inside. Yunho was nowhere to be found, and all eyes were on the trio.  The tall raven haired girl did not like the attention on her, but Alexandria didn’t let it faze her. Kyra spoke up to them after she swallowed the bit of sandwich she’d eaten. “Lunch is do it yourself today.” Changmin glared daggers at her from behind Alexandria. Kyra just smiled pleasantly.

“I’ll show you to the kitchen and tell you where everything is at.” Jang Mi said suddenly and stood up. Kyra couldn’t help but roll her eyes. Of course she wants to be in the spotlight. Once she led them to the back, the silence was broken by hushed whispers. Kyra didn’t understand them since there were so many, but they annoyed her. People were probably talking about her younger sister, and she wasn’t happy with that. Hyosun started speaking a moment or two later.

“I know one is Yunho’s and one is Changmin’s… but which is which? And Why isn’t Yunho here to have lunch with whichever one is his?” Bomi shrugged and bit into her food.

Sighing I answered. “The one with the really red hair? That’s Changmin’s. Yunho has the other one. The reason he isn’t down here with her is because he is talking to Jaejoong.” She stabbed her fork into a crouton and some lettuce as she said this and continued to eat. She was hungry because she skipped out on breakfast. Bomi and Hyosun looked almost dumbfounded at their friends knowledge. “What?” She asked with still full of food.

“How do you know about any of this?” Hyosun asked in bewilderment. It was understandable because Hyosun was usually the one in the know about these things. “It’s a very long and confusing story, and I’m sure I’m missing some very important parts. I’ll tell you once I know everything.” She said simply. Bomi pouted.

“Oh please Kyra? Tell us.”

“Dish. Now.” Hyosun said with a fire in her eyes.

Kyra just shook her head. “I can’t until I know the full story, otherwise there might be a bit of misunderstanding.” That and Kyra did not want to talk about the kiss that happened earlier. Her friends pressed the issue for a little bit but stopped when the two girls, Jang Mi and Changmin came out.  Kyra glared at how buddy buddy Jang Mi seemed to be with her sister. “Oh this .” She muttered lowly to herself. She did however separate herself from the to sit with her group.

Kyra didn’t like how Changmin was putting on his charming and attractive act. He sat at a table where Alexandria and her friend were facing away from her, and Changmin was able to stare in her direction. She gave him a dirty look and he smiled at her pleasantly. Yunho made his way through the door soon after and everyone looked at him. Pretty much all of the girls swooned over him being there. He had on a charming and slightly embarrassed smile. Well played Yunho, well played He made his way to the table and sat next to Changmin. He stared in her direction for a moment, apologized to his girl for being late, and then locked eyes with Kyra again tilting his head some in the direction of the door. She raised her eyebrow and repeated what he did and he gave her a slight nod. No one seemed to really notice. Sighing she got up, to empty out her tray in the trash. On her way to the garbage can she heard the tall chubby girl that belong to Changmin badmouthing her little sister. A sinister smile played on her lips as she instead dumped the contents of her lunch over the girls head.  There was a gasp from everyone sitting around her, and the girl’s mouth dropped in shock before she screamed and looked to see who did it to her. Kyra placed the tray on the tray holder and made her way to the door. The food covered girl began to curse at her and yell at her, but made no attempt to get physical with her.  Kyra glanced at the table where her sister and the others sat, to see Alexandria with agape in shock. Yunho was rubbing his temples, the girl she didn’t know stared wide eyed with her hands over and Changmin was giving her a death glare.

“Keep my sisters name out of your mouth .” She spoke loudly and left the dining hall, in a way better mood.

                              -------------------------Jaejoong--------------------------

“What do you mean I have a lot of explaining to do? And what do you mean you have a lot of explaining to do?” Jaejoong asked as he sat on the balcony ledge next to his friend.

“You like her Jae. It’s obvious you do.” Yunho said with a smile.

Jaejoong was taken aback by his friend’s assumptions. “What the Hell Yunho? I don’t like her the way you’re obviously implying.”

“So then would you like to explain to me what happened in the room? You two were having a lovers quarrel.”

Jaejoongs eyes went wide. “You… you heard that?”

“Yes I was walking by with Mia, and heard everything. Even the part when you told her she could leave.”

Jaejoongs expression tightened as he looked at the ground. “I wasn’t really giving her permission to actually go. I was just fed up with her constant-” Yunho finished his sentence.

“ing?” He laughed. “Jae I told you I heard everything. So what I would like to know is… what the did you do?”

Jaejoong grew embarrassed. Yunho knew something happened in the room. He wasn’t the type to lie to Yunho, so he told his friend the truth. “I kissed her. I don’t know why I kissed her, but it shut her up.”

Yunho gave him a knowing smile “Ah. You kissed her. And with the way you were in the room when Yoochun was talking about seeing her run through the house, it makes sense. But you like the girl Jae.” Before Yunho could Continue Jae butted in.

“No. Yunho I don’t. It’s not like that at all.”

“So explain to me why you nearly had a fit and ran after her after I planted the impulse for her to get away from you in her head?” Jaejoong stared at Yunho in shock.

“You did what?”

He smirked. “You said if she wanted to leave you’d let her. I wanted to see how true it would be. I mean you let the other one go. So I did a little test. And my hypothesis was right. I’m not stupid Jae. You may not understand it yet, or maybe you don’t have any relationship feelings towards her, but there is definitely something there. And you should realize it.”

“It’s not going to be like what you and Myorin had Yunho. That doesn’t happen. Vampires don’t fall in love with humans.” Jaejoong countered.

“Who said anything about falling in love?” he said slyly with a chuckle. “I was only talking about the possibility of attraction.” Embarrassment permeated every fiber in Jaejoongs body as he was left speechless. “Well. Sorry about having to do that to you two. I just needed to confirm it for myself.”

“You’re an for doing that Yunho.”

“Relax, I rarely use compulsion on the girls. This was the first time in a while.” He laughed and made his way into Jaejoongs bedroom. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I have a show to put on.” And with that last statement, he left Jaejoong alone to his thoughts.

 

-------------------

Posted: Originally 3/7/2012 Reposted 3/13/2012