Chapter 24: Confused Hearts and Tough Calls

Unwillingly Yours

 

Kyra walked into the foyer at the same time Jaejoong walked out of the stairwell. Both of them paused in midstep and stared at each other. Her heart was racing again and she was pretty sure Jaejoong would eventually be able to feel it. What am I supposed to do now? She thought to herself as they continued to stare at each other. He made the first move towards her, and she instinctively stepped back.

“Hana I…” He said and paused as he stopped walking, standing in the middle of the foyer. “I need to talk to you. About what happened earlier.”

Hana broke eye contact with him and stared at the white marble floor instead. Chills broke out through her body as he spoke to her. “I don’t really think…” She trailed off.

“It’s not about what I did, but it’s an explanation for why you did what you did. If you want to find out, I’ll be in the group lounge.” He said with a sigh, and turned around to make his way to the large set of couches they had in the lounge. Yunho psyched him out bad. His mind was running with more than a few thoughts in his head.

Kyra thought about this for a little. Her curiosity eventually outweighed her caution towards him and she navigated her way to the group lounge and sat on the couch adjacent to where he was sitting. “Okay so…” She said awkwardly. Her heart began to race when he started explaining, because she found herself looking at his lips constantly. She tried to force her cheeks to not flush, but it happened anyways, and she was almost positive that he took notice of it. When he was done talking he stared at her waiting for her to respond.

“So it was compulsion huh?” She didn’t sound too shocked and she could tell Jaejoong was surprised by it.

“You say it so nonchalantly.”

“Yes, well I’ve lived in a house with vampires for about a month now, and I can honestly say that while it does surprise me, I’m starting to realize that when something goes wrong or something unexplained happens, to expect a strange twist. But wait. Why exactly did he do that?”

Jaejoongs expression tensed. “I really don’t know.” He half lied. Although Jaejoong did have an idea as to why Yunho did it, part of it was still unclear to him.

“Well if that’s all then. I’d like to just go change, do some laundry, and take care of whatever needs to be taken care of.” She didn’t know if it was the compulsion or something else, but as of right now, she didn’t want to be around him because he made her feel very odd. She was scared of and attracted to him at the same time. Why did he have to go and complicate things like this? I don’t even know how to feel anymore. As she got up to leave he grabbed her by the wrist, making her freeze on the stop.

“Wait.” Was all he said for a while. Her heart was pounding so hard she could hear it beating in her ears. When it felt like her heart would explode, she pulled away from him and quickly walked out of that room and ran up the stairs, leaving Jaejoong sitting there with his hand still outstretched and pensive.

                                             ----------------------------------------------

For an entire two weeks Kyra avoided Jaejoong as much as she could, keeping herself busy and avoiding talking to anyone for a while. She got into a fight with the tall chubby girl, the day after Kyra dumped her food on her, because she did the same thing to Kyra. The biggest difference between Kyra and the girl whose name she still didn’t know, was that Kyra would fight back. Regardless if she won or lost, if someone started with her, she was going to fight. It wasn’t much of an issue though, because although the girl was almost Jaejoongs height, she had obviously never fought before, or she just . Kyra got her down to the ground and after about two or three hits later, she got up and left. Afterwards, everyone pretty much left her alone.  Kyra hadn’t run into Alexandria at all for two weeks and although she was worried she figured it was an intentional thing to keep the two separate from one another. She was wiping down the windows with Hyosun on the fourth floor when she started talking.

“So… the boys are going to be going back to school soon. Did you know?”

“No. I didn’t. So what does that mean?” Kyra asked knowing that Hyosun brought it up for a reason. “Well it’s just that, we won’t need to work while they’re at school. We have off for three months pretty much. At least that’s what I heard. The only time we would have to work would be when they have parties; we prepare, and serve during the events and of course clean up afterwards.” She said as she sprayed the large middle window with window cleaner before wiping away handprints that were on it.

“Oh. I see.” Kyra said. She wasn’t really in a talking mood as of late. She was always caught in her thoughts and dealing with the inner struggle of whatever feelings she may or may not have had for Jaejoong.

“What’s up with you lately?” Hyosun snapped Making Kyra snap out of her slight daze and look at her friend who was actually getting angry with her.

“What?”

“You’re so isolated lately. I feel like you don’t want to be around me anymore. Bomi feels the same. Is it because of the fight?”

“No. It’s not. I’ve just had a lot on my mind lately. That’s all. I don’t really want to think about it, or deal with it yet so I’ve been keeping myself busy and out of trouble that’s all. The whole fight thing? You already know why I did what I did.” Her thoughts immediately went to her sister and she sighed.

“There was a rumor going around you know.” Hyosun said as she finished cleaning her half of the window, admiring the streak free glossiness to it.

“When isn’t there a rumor in this house? Let me guess. It involves me right?” Kyra spoke in a dryly.

“Yes. It was a hot topic until the fight. You said that Kuda should keep you sister’s name out . So for a little bit it was going around that Changmin’s newest edition was your sister. But that was until she said she didn’t even know you. So it was decided that you only said what you did because you didn’t want them to pick on the new girl.”

Kyra sighed. “So you’re to ask me if that’s really my sister aren’t you?”

Hyosun nodded. “Yes”

“Yes,  Alexandria is my sister. She doesn’t recognize me because the last time I saw her was before she turned 9. She should be eighteen now. A lot has changed about the both of us. I’m not fat anymore, and she isn’t baby faced.”

Hyosun’s face lit up and Kyra was bombarded with questions.

“I don’t want to talk about it anymore Sunny. I’m actually a little bit bummed that she doesn’t remember me and that she’s stuck with Changmin.” She wasn’t lying but she also didn’t say that lately her heart was especially achy for no reason which usually kept her in a bummed out mood.

Hyosun said “Oh…” Before dropping the conversation entirely.

Once Kyra finished her side she decided to head back to her room. A thought ran across her mind before they parted ways. “Wait Sunny. Quick question.”

“Yes?” Her friend asked, surprised by her sudden speaking.

“How… how is Alexandria?”

Hyosun shrugged. “She’s been isolated from everyone since that day.”

“What do you mean?” Concern spread upon her face.

“No one wants to talk to her since they still think she is your sister, and most of the girls here; well at least Jang Mi and anyone else with actual leeway in the house made it so no one talks to her. So she just makes lunch, and leaves to go eat it in the back.”

“What about her friend?”

“The black haired girl? Didn’t you hear?” Hyosun’s voice was filled with shock.

“No. I obviously didn’t if I’m asking you Sunny.” Kyra sighed.

“She ran away. Apparently, she saw Yunho feeding off of one his girls and left without telling anyone. We would assume the only reason Alexandria didn’t go with her is because she didn’t know where her room was, or she didn’t believe her and stayed.  I don’t know why Yunho didn’t mark her already, and I find it odd that he just let her go like that.” Kyra’s mind went back to the conversation she had with Yunho on the lake.

 He doesn’t want to replace Myorin.She thought almost immediately. “So. Wait, what about my sister is she…?”

“No not yet. I heard he was going to do it tonight though. As was Yunho. I guess it was because they came here together and they would be able to come to terms with it together. But that plan went out the window.”

Kyra’s heart sank. She wished that her sister would have taken the chance to run away, but knowing what was going to happen to her, and being able to keep tabs on her was way better than not being able to ever know if she was alive or dead. I need to talk to her. It’s been way too long. “Thanks for telling me that Sunny, I’ll talk to you later then.” Kyra said before parting ways with her friend.

                                                     --------------------------------------------

She waited until it was about lunch time before she made her way down to the first floor and into the backyard. She figured it would be a good idea to wait for her sister without actually getting lunch so she couldn’t give her the slip. Her patience paid off, because the door opened a while later revealing a dejected Alexandria with chicken parmesan. Her sister looked shocked to see her.

 “Oh… I didn’t know anyone was out here. I’m sorry.” She said before attempting to retreat into the house. Kyra stopped her from doing so by calling out to her. “Alex wait.”

“How do you… wait your that girl.” Her voice changed from calm and confused to sassy and irate.

Kyra made a face. “I’m a little disappointed that you don’t even remember your own sister you brat.”

“Oh my God here we go again with this crazy spewing bull again.” She said with a sigh.

“Excuse me?” Kira said narrowing her eyes.

“Okay I think we may have a case of mistaken identity. I don’t know you. My sister is still back in the states. I have another sister, but she’s probably as fat as a house and still in the states. But I haven’t seen her in years. But her name isn’t Hana. It was.”

Kyra cut her off. “Kyra Jenkins. And you’re the younger retard Alexandria Jenkins who lives with our manwhore of a father, and our sister Jasmine.” Alexandria just stood there with her jaw agape for a moment and Kyra smiled. “Do you remember me now?”

“There is no freaking way you’re my sister.” She gave her Kyra a once over.

“And why the hell not Alex?” Kyra glared.

“Because they don’t make those that big in my family.” She said with a laugh and tears in her eyes and put her food down in a chair beside her. Kyra stood up and the two hugged.

“Oh my god Kyra, it’s been so freaking long. I can’t believe you’re actually here. How did you end up here?”

Kyra squeezed her sister slightly. “I could ask you the same. I didn’t know you did housekeeping.”

“Dad let me get a job after I graduated, and this was the only job that took me fast enough, but a month after working where I was, we got a letter in the mail and here I am.” Kyra’s heart dropped as the gravity of the situation came to light. Alexandria hadn’t been bitten yet, so she didn’t know that this was her first and probably last job. . What do I do now?

“What about you?” her sister suddenly asked.

“Same. It’s a job opportunity they do for oversea housekeepers with a good enough record.” He gave a nervous laugh afterwards.

“Wow I must have been really lucky then. I’ve missed you so much sis, you have no idea.” She squeezed Kyra tightly enough, that it made the already nauseous feeling in her stomach get worse. I really would say you have the absolute worse luck in the world. But I don’t know how to handle that situation.

Kyra sat back down in her deck chair, and her sister did the same, facing it towards Kyra.” I’ve missed you guys too. But before we get to all the mushy stuff, you have to explain to me How and why, dad let you dye your hair that color.”

Alexandria gave Kyra a devilish smirk. “He doesn’t know I did it. Our flight was a layover, and then it was cancelled so we explored for a little and I decided to get my hair dyed at the salon.”

Kyra remembered her sister having a naturally light brown hair color, so she wouldn’t have had to get it bleached to get the color she did. “You’re still a troublemaker.” She laughed and shook her head.

“Yeah, he is going to absolutely die when he sees it.” Alexandria chuckled.

Kyra’s heart began to beat quickly, and she felt on the verge of vomiting when she thought about what was about to happen. She didn’t know how to respond to that. She didn’t want to lie to her sister, but she didn’t want her to freak out over the truth and run away one day and never be heard from again. It didn’t matter because shortly afterwards, the sliding doors open again and Changmin poked his head out, smiling at first, until he noticed Kyra sitting there. His face changed dramatically, but Alexandria didn’t notice. “Oh Changmin! As it turns out the ‘crazy blind ’ is my sister after all!”

“Watch your mouth young lady.” Kyra said flatly but stared at Changmin the entire time. It looked like he wanted to say something to her, but decided to pretend she didn’t exist instead.

“Alex, can you come with me for a minute please? I’d like to talk to you alone for a minute.” Alexandria shot up out of her seat and nodded.

“Oh yes no problem at all.” She was grinning from ear to ear at that point, and Kyra began to feel dizzy. The scene felt slightly familiar to her. Her sister told her they would continue their talk afterwards and all Kyra could do was nod automatically, as she slowly began to realize what was about to happen to her sister. By the time she put two and two together, The sliding door was closed and she cursed out loud.

“ing .” Was all she said as tears began to well up in her eyes. “He’s going to mark her. And there is nothing I can do to stop the son of a without making the situation any worse.” Feeling absolutely helpless at this point she stomped her foot in frustration screaming out in anger, with tears rolling hotly down her cheeks. 

 

-------------------

Posted: Originally 3/8/2012 Resposted 3/13/2012