Chapter 10: Flowers

Unwillingly Yours

 

"Why not just give me the name for the Korean word Stupid?" Kyra said as she palmed her face. "Jaejoong thinks he is so clever, coercing me the way he did into agreeing to that name. “ She felt chills travel to her body and moved her hand to where he kissed her. It felt warm. “He’s such a freaking jerk.” She grumbled as she walked down the hall blushing as the events played over again in her head as if on repeat. Here she was kidnapped as vampire food against her will and all that she could think about was Jaejoong’s lips on her skin and the way he said her Korean name. Her face got hot at the thought of it and Kyra let out an exasperated sound of distress, burying her face in her hands and shaking her head vigorously as if trying to shake the thoughts out of her head. As she continued walking down the hall with her face in her hands, the sound of him saying her name kept ringing through her mind causing her to drag her fingers down her face, scratching her skin and leaving little red marks on her face. “Why are you doing this to me brain? He is the enemy. Why are you attracted to the person that basically destroyed your life and wants to basically kill you slowly?” Kyra was tired. She just wanted to go to bed and get some sleep and just not think. Today would be the last day she would be known as Kyra Jenkins and she felt like an alien. “Hana...No last name.” She sighed as she walked down to the third floor. On her way down she heard noises in the fourth floor hallway causing her to stop and listen.

“Master Junsu I…no this is wrong.” A female voice whimpered. Kyra somehow found it familiar but couldn’t quite match it yet so she crept down the stairs slowly.

“No. This is right, all of it, I know you feel the same way too. Please, don’t resist just do it.”

Suddenly something clicked in Kyra’s mind. It was Hyosun. Junsu was going to do something to Hyosun. Her heart was racing and she suddenly found herself bounding down the stairs to help her friend out from…whatever was going on.

“Junsu no!” She yelled as she came to the third floor landing. The duo looked at her as she paused at the top of the small flight of stars. Junsu was gripping onto Hyosun’s wrist trying to pull it towards him. By the way Hyosun was trembling Kyra could tell she was trying to stop that.

“Oh. Kyra, how are you doing?” Junsu said in a pleasant tone with a smile on his face. It greatly contrasted the bothered expression of Hyosun.

“How am I doing? I don’t even think you should ask that type of question given the circumstances. What are you doing to Hyosun? Let go of her, can’t you see how scared she is? Trying to take advantage of the poor girl is not okay, I don’t care if you own her or not.” Kyra knew she would probably be in trouble for coming out this way, but with the guilt on her mind about Myorin’s death, the unresolved storm of emotions that she never had the chance to properly deal with, and the expression on her friends face made her undermine that particular issue.
Junsu stared at her for a moment as if trying to seriously process what she said. As he opened his mouth to speak Hyosun cut him off.

“No Kyra it…It isn’t like that.”

“Hyosun you don’t have to make excuses for him, you won’t be in trouble because I just so happened to hear this all unfolding. If I get in trouble for this then so be it, but I can’t let what happened to Myorin happen to you.” There was a fire in her eyes as she spoke. Hyosun blushed. Junsu suddenly burst into laughter, destroying the intense atmosphere.

“Kyra no, It really isn’t like that. If you’d give me a chance to explain you’d find out that this is all a misunderstanding.”
Kyra was about to protest when Hyosun suddenly yanked her arm from Junsu and ran in front of him.

“Kyra no. I’m not defending him and he is really telling the truth. Master Junsu wasn’t trying to hurt me or take advantage of me; in fact it’s literally the exact opposite.”

“What?” Kyra cocked a brow and stared at Junsu waiting for him to say his piece.

“I actually wanted her to hit me.” He grinned, and Kyra had to admit that while it was adorable, it was creepy. It almost distracted her entirely from what he had just said.

“Wait a minute. Why would you want her to hit you? Aren’t you guys all about obedient delicate girls?” Kyra folded her arms across her chest. It was probably because Junsu seemed practically harmless that she was so bold in speaking, or maybe it was because her friendship with Hyosun was one of the only things she could control, or consider to be hers, even if Junsu technically owned her.

“Yes, but you see…” He rubbed the back of his head. “While I know I can be aggressive sometimes naturally, I generally like to be pleasant and cordial to my girls. I don’t know if you know this, but the night that I marked Hyosun as mine, things… didn’t go as smoothly as planned.”
As if on cue Kyra had a flashback of them talking about what happened. Realization struck as she recalled what Hyosun had said. “Oh yeah. Sunny told me that she had to get knocked out.”

“Exactly, I really don’t like making the first feeding unpleasant, but she was thrashing about and hitting me, so I did what I thought was necessary for her safety.”

“You thought knocking Sunny out was the safest bet for her?”

“Given the circumstances yes. Which is what brings me to the situation at hand. “He paused. “I told Hyosun to hit me.”

“What?” suddenly Kyra’s drive to be the hero deflates and embarrassment as everything fell into place.

“Yes, and I don’t want to hit Master Junsu. Not like this anyways, it just doesn’t sit right with me Kyra. That’s all. “
“O-oh…” was all the blushing girl could say. After a moment or two of awkward silence Kyra decided she should just leave the scene. “I’m going to go to my room now… sorry for the misunderstanding.” She spoke quickly and dashed out into the third floor hall. She didn’t bother to look back, but if she did she would have noticed Junsu snaking his arms around Hyosun’s waist. Making her way into her room she shut the door and leaned back against it letting out a sigh and palming her face. “Something always has to backfire. Screw this, I’m just going to shower and pretend like none of this happened.
After her shower, Kyra decided she would take a nap. The sun was still out even though it was probably almost dinner time but she decided she would skip out on eating and get some rest. Yawning she slipped under her covers and fell asleep almost instantly.

------------------------------------------
Kyra was stirred out of her sleep some time later by a familiar voice, except for some reason they were saying her name wrong.
“Hana.” The person said in a sing song voice. Hana? Why were they calling her Hana? As she slipped into consciousness her brain suddenly began to function enough to put things together. Only one person as far as she knew, called her by that. In fact only one person even knew that was her name. “J-Jae…” She mumbled sleepily as she started to wake up. The person laughed, and she registered it to be him.
“Hana… Remember it’s master now.”
She was still so sleep stricken that she actually apologized and Mumbled some more. “I’m sorry. Master Jaejoong.” After she spoke her eyes suddenly shot open and she sat up looking frazzled. “What are you doing in my room?” She exclaimed.
Jaejoong was sitting on the edge of her bed, a half smile playing on his lips. “I’m here to wake you up. I want you to come with me for a little bit.” Sighing Kyra plopped back down onto her pillow. She really didn’t want to be bothered. Sleep was one of those things she treasured dearly. And here He was taking it away from her along with everything else.
“Do I really have a choice in the matter? Or are you just trying to be nice?” She huffed as she sat up and slouched over, rubbing her sleep filled eyes. Jaejoong laughed at her comment.

“Are you always this pleasant when you wake up? You’d take care to watch your tongue you know. As I said, you are getting a slightly special form of treatment because you are new, but soon you’ll come to find yourself living a very difficult life if you don’t respect your superiors.” He spoke in a non-threatening way, but somehow Kyra knew he was being very, very serious. She decided to change the subject.

“So where is it that you need me to go?” She yawned once more and got out of her bed to go wash her face and gargle.

“I’ll explain to you once you’re ready.”

Kyra sighed. She should have known that he wouldn’t be giving her answers to anything so readily. Once she was refreshed and awake she put on a pair of flip flops and quickly brushed out her hair. Jaejoong stood up and made his way to the door waiting for her to finish. Once she did he motioned for her to step out into the hall.

She quickly found out that they were once again going to his study. “So what is it that you wanted me around for…If I may ask?” She looked up at him as she asked. Once again she couldn’t help but be drawn into admiring his facial beauty. The man was absolutely gorgeous. Luckily, his voice broke her out of her trance.

“Well my pet, I would like for you to meet the other flowers in my garden.” She stared at him confused by whatever cryptic meaning was behind his words, and a little more concerned that he was smiling while he said it.

“Great.” She laughed nervously and put on a fake smile just so he didn’t know how confused she was.
 

What has Kim Jaejoong got up his sleeve now to make my life even more of a hell than it already is?

She sighed.
 

What mess am I getting myself into now?
 

 

__________________

Posted 2/26/2012

will fix later