Chapter 5: Rumors

Unwillingly Yours

It’s been a week since Kyra arrived at the Eastern House Estate. She made a few acquaintances and got to know the boys a bit better. Everything was pleasant as usual, but the other 29 girls in the house were acting stranger and stranger every day, although some of them were nice to her and spoke to her, most of them avoided her like the plague, and in Kyra’s mind she thought they were simply hazing her, since she was the new girl and all. There was talk between her and Hyosun and a few others that something was wrong with the masters of the house. Kyra didn't see it, but according to Bomi she heard many things from some of the senior girls that have been here a while and something was definitely wrong. When Kyra mentioned how Myorin acted towards her the first day Hyosun looked surprise and said that that’s how one of the housekeepers treated her on her first day here. Bomi agreed and said her situation was similar. Kyra also found out that the boys made the girls change their name to Korean ones. It bothered Kyra, but the two girls also assured her it was just as a means of integrating themselves into the culture. Kyra liked her name and didn't see the point of changing it, but she doubted if Jaejoong asked her to do it she would be able to say no. Hyosun was Junsu's most recent housekeeper and Bomi was Yoochun's and apparently Myorin belonged to Yunho. The girls had work to attend to so they cut their lunch a bit short and Kyra decided to go back to her room to finish writing her letter to her mom.

She decided to take her time and wander around a bit through the other wings of the house. "I don't think it would be an issue..." She assured herself and made her way to the west wing on the ground floor. The floors here were wooden, unlike Jaejoong's wing of the house, and she liked the way the floor sounded beneath her feet. A few girls were walking past chatting and talking with folded laundry in their hands, they paid Kyra no mind as she walked by. As she walked by a closed door she heard muffled sounds. Curiosity taking over she looked down both ends of the hall and saw no one was there and made a step towards the door before she heard a female voice yell "Changmin no! stop it." and with that the door flung open and slammed against the wall revealing a tall slightly chubby girl with tears streaming down her face and gripping a spot between her neck and shoulders. Once she noticed Kyra she gasped and suddenly pushed all her hair to her shoulder and stuttered something before crying and running off. Kyra just stared there in shock. Did he try to have with her just now? Before she could think about it more a more than pissed Changmin came to the doorway and sighed.

"Of course it would be you here to save the day." His face was dark. And he walked towards her. "What is it; you want to take her place?" Kyra backed up against the wall. He was radiating bad energy and she should have either ran or hit him by now, but she was just too scared at this point. He placed his hands on either side of her on the wall and leaned down into her ear whispering softly. "I doubt you would be enough to even satisfy me. But since you're here to try why don't we have a bit of fun?" His words dripped venom and it made Kyra want to cry, all she could do was look into his blackish red eyes with her ice blue ones. Wait, blackish red? She squint her eyes some as she leaned in, looking at them closer, and suddenly the fear dissipated.

"Are... are those contacts?" she said shakily.

Changmin made a face at her. "Seriously? Are you ing kidding me right now?" He growled and slammed his fist against the walls and Kyra swore she heard it splinter. The fear was back and he smirked at it.

"You are seriously disrespectful you know that?" It was Yoochun walking down the hall. Changmin shut his eyes and let out an irritated sigh. "Stay out of it Hyung. It's her fault for this. Because of her I haven't been able to have lunch."

"You eat too much anyways, let her go. Come on, you know Jaejoong Hyung will kill you himself if you harm her." He glared once more at Kyra and said.

"Next time I see you, you owe me lunch." and he stormed back into his room slamming the door shut.

Kyra just sank to the floor, shock on her face as she replayed everything that went on just then.

"Are you alright?" Yoochun asked as he knelt down towards her lifting her chin and tilting her head to the side. He then looked at her eyes and said. "You have very beautiful eyes. I could stare at them all day you know." He was trying to comfort her in his own way, women loved to be complimented, and maybe she would just forget about what she saw just now.

"Oh um... thank you.” She blushed. It worked like a charm. Well almost. "Yoochun...he was trying to that girl. You have to do something." She stared at him with pleading eyes.

Yoochun sighed, stood up and held his hand out for her to grab. "Changmin is an aggressive one. He plays rough; I highly doubt he would actually do anything like that to her. Her clothes were still on yes?" Now that Kyra thought about it yes all of her clothes were on and it didn't seem like they were seriously messed up in a ual struggle. "I... I guess you're right but, he's scary as hell. And a jerk." She said the last part loudly so she was sure he could hear her. Yoochun laughed at her remarks.

"You are something else you know that right? I think it would be wise to stick to Jaejoong's wing of the house to be safe from him. Unless you are headed to the laundry room. Down the hall." Kyra nodded.

"Right. I'll keep that in mind." she stared down the hallway.

"Come let me you back to your room then" He placed his hand around her shoulder and ushered her into the foyer. She started walking but kept looking back to see if Changmin would pop up behind her.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"He what?!" Hyosun yelled in the dining hall causing Kyra to hunch down and look around paranoid. "Shh, keep your voice down Sunny. But yes, he had a girl in his room and he was definitely going to do something to her. I don't know what." Bomi sighed dreamily as she spoke

"And then Master Yoochun saved the day. He's absolutely perfect." Kyra and Hyosun laughed at her.

"You're sprung on the boss. Good job."

"Shut it Sunny." She glared, but it was merely playful. "So then Master Changmin turned his attention to you?"

"Yeah, it was the scariest situation I have ever been in, and believe me, I have done enough restraining orders to understand scary. And his eyes... they had a tinge of red to them. I couldn't tell if they were contacts or not, but it was eerie."

"Do you think he's into some kind of role play?" Bomi and Kyra looked at Hyosun like she was speaking in tongues.

"What? I'm just saying, I've heard some things that make me think that all of them... well at least Changmin is into some serious ual role-play."

"And why would you think that?" Kyra asked raising her brow. She didn't notice it until now but they were all whispering very lowly at this point. Even if she thought it was ludicrous she felt like if anyone heard them, something would happen.

"Well from what I've heard from one of Changmin's girls, he's acts like a vampire and tries to their blood or something."

Bomi and Kyra erupted into laughter at the thought of Changmin in a Dracula outfit with plastic fangs. The dining hall grew quiet and all eyes were on the trio. Ignoring the stares they spoke again in hushed voices.

"There is no way, but even if it were so, I didn't see any fangs or any sort of vampire outfit. Just the contacts. I think he's just a total jerk."

"Well just keep away from the vampire then." Bomi said giggling.

"Changmin the evil vampire mansion boy. Imagine that" Chortled Hyosun.

"You two are ridiculous, but I will be keeping as much distance as I can from him." Kyra sighed and gathered their dinner trays and got up to empty them out in the trash can. The girls thanked her and Kyra went off into her own thoughts. She was used to the stared by now and paid them no mind. There was something going on here. And as she pieced everything together she knew something had to definitely be up. There was something strange going on in this mansion and she was a little afraid to find out. If anything she would ask Jaejoong about it later on that night. She rejoined her friends at the table, but she couldn't focus on the conversation and felt the strong urge to speak to Jaejoong.

"Hey uhm girls, I think I’m done for the night. I'll see you tomorrow for breakfast." The girls said their goodbyes and Kyra made her way out of the dining hall and into the dimly lit foyer to seek Jaejoong out.

 

------------------

Posted: 2/23/2012

yay chapter five! thank you to those who have taken the time to read everything so far, I would like to know what you all think about the story thus far so please don't be shy and leave a comment. I hope you enjoy this update and anticipate more <3