Chapter 16: Favorite Flower

Unwillingly Yours

 

“How did I even manage to forget my name?” She exclaimed in disbelief. She honestly thought her name was Hana. 

Bomi gave Kyra a sympathetic look. “I have no idea… but I’m glad you remembered it. Maybe you hit your head or something during the incident?” She offered as an explanation.

“You’re probably right. It has to be that. I feel so weird right now, you have no idea.”

“I bet.” Hyosun said as she yawned and rubbed her eyes. “Guys I’m just going to go hide out for a bit and keep to myself for a while. Sorry...” She murmured and got up. Her friends nodded in understanding and bit their friend goodbye.

“So… completely inappropriate question. Is she… swinging for the other team entirely or…?”

Bomi shrugged. “I’ve never had the guts to ask. But why is that important?”

“It’s not; it’s just my curiosity being insensitive as usual.”

Bomi giggled and Kyra took note of it. “So you seem…okay with everything.”

Bomi nodded. “I didn’t really know either of the girls that well, so while I am sad about it, I can’t be as heartbroken as some of the others here who actually had the opportunity to know her. Moksori knew the ins and outs to everything that happened here. If there was something going on, she was the first to know. She was also the one Hyosun would go to for the inside scoop of course. That’s how she was always one of the first to know anything. It’s definitely going to be weird without that flow of information, but if you really want to see me bawling my eyes out, something needs to happen to either you or Hyosun. Either that or I have to be really panicked.”

Kyra was surprised by Bomi’s answer since out of the three she was definitely the most sensitive. It was weird to see some sort of strength in her and was touched that she cared about her that much. “For what it’s worth, I’m glad you’d cry.” Kyra made a face and realized how bad that sounded and the two of them erupted into laughter getting stares from everyone in the hall. Bomi quickly shut and slunk into her chair, the shy side of her coming out again when the attention was on her.

“How can you two laugh at a time like this?! You Insensitive es! If you want to laugh go do it on the edge of the roof.”  It was Soo Yun who snapped at them. Kyra didn’t like Soo Yun. If it was anyone else yelling at her, she probably wouldn’t have thought of the best way to shut her up. She looked at her tray of food, deciding if she could chuck it at her. She decided she wouldn’t since the girl was obviously just upset with the loss of her friend. Kyra just sighed, bit back her pride and insults and apologized. It was a bit in appropriate for her to be laughing.

“Just get out of here. I don’t even know why you bothered showing up when you don’t even care that she’s gone. You didn’t even know her.”

“Soo Yun that’s enough.” Jang Mi said from a table over, causing the girl to flinch and look at her friend with a hurt expression.

Another one she didn’t like. She didn’t understand why, but Jang Mi defending her like that rubbed her the wrong way. “No don’t worry about it. She’s right. I didn’t know her. I met her once…twice if you count the time I came back from the hospital, and three times if you count the time I saw her jump over the second floor balcony in an attempt to escape Yunho yesterday only for her to be carried up the stairs back to the fifth floor screaming and crying her lungs out. So because I obviously don’t know the gravity of the situation I’ll leave. Because you know. I’m an insensitive who doesn’t understand. I’m sure this would have been the same thing for Myorin too right? If someone would have helped Myorin out that day, Moksori wouldn’t have had to die and they’d both be alive right now.”

Jang Mi glared at her. “Don’t you dare bring her up you weren’t even-”

Kyra cut her off. “What? I wasn’t even around for that? Is that what it is? For your information Jang Mi, she was the first person I met here. She was the one who escorted me to my room. She was the one who wished she could do something to help me but couldn’t. I didn’t understand it then, but I figured it out. Also, I along with Moksori and a few other girls got a front row seat of her final minutes that day she stumbled out of Changmins room probably already dead when she collapsed on the ground. But everyone just walked by her pretending they didn’t see anything. I wanted to help and I regret not doing it. But before you call me an insensitive and uncaring and before any of these other glaring cowardly faces have some bad thoughts about the type of person they think I am, remember this. Both girls could have still been alive if someone would have had the balls to Help. Them. Out. So Jang Mi. You shut the hell up because I was there. I saw what happened. You weren’t anywhere near the hall when it went down, so you only saw them toss her body into the fire, which was the only part I missed. But I’m sorry for being disruptive. I’m sorry for your losses.” She said flatly and walked out of the dining hall, amused by their sudden inability to speak and yet tears streamed down her face as she walked stepped into the foyer.

 How many girls have faced the same fate here? How many replacements were there? As she thought about it, she began to feel nauseous. She realized that she was a new comer, and so were Bomi and Hyosun. That means… “Oh God.” She felt the strong urge to throw up and saliva began to build in rapidly. This was one of the telltale signs her body gave her that let know that this was not a drill.She ran into the lounge towards the back and slammed the sliding glass doors open and vomited on the grass, emptying out her breakfast and lunch onto the manicured lawn.  Bracing herself against one of the pillars she started tearing again as her body heaved to upchuck more partially digested bits of food. When all she could do was dry heave, she wiped on the back of her hand and sniffled. She scrunched her face up at the taste and smell it left her with and decided she needed to go rinse out.

On her way up, her mind traveled back to the realization she had. She was a replacement and so were her two friends. Chills rang through her body as she thought about what may have happened to the last girls, and suddenly she felt sick again. Those three have also probably killed girls. She felt nauseated again. Luckily she had made it to her room and headed straight for the bathroom. Nothing came out though, and she sat up against the wall for a minute, her heart pounding and her head spinning. She got up to gargle mouthwash to get rid of the taste and smell thinking about what Jaejoong had told her. It was her turn to be fed from today and she had scared herself greatly with her thoughts. Good job brain. She thought as she spat out the minty liquid. She didn’t know what to do. However before she could think of a good place to hide and avoid it Jaejoong walked into her room, without even knocking.

“Hana you okay?” He asked as he walked in and towards her. Her pulse spiked and she actually started to get scared, but being the type of person she was, she wanted to play it off like she wasn’t until things got too hectic and out of control.

“Yeah. Well I mean, no… but I’ve been worse. Why?” she asked as she dried her face on a towel.

“Well because you threw up all over the grass in the back.” His face actually showed concern.

“Oh.” She said with an embarrassed look on her face. “It’s nothing. I just wasn’t feeling well is all.”

“Hana…” He said a little sternly as if he knew she was lying. But when he called her that name she suddenly had the urge to ask him a few things. “Actually. Would you happen to know why I forgot my name was Kyra for a little while there? I remembered what my name was before I ended up in the Infirmary, but afterwards when I woke up, I was pretty sure that when the nurses called me Hana, that I was my name, and not the name I had to pick. I only just recently remembered that’s not my real name.”

He looked a little shocked about her question and responded with a quirky smile. “Yes actually. I’m surprised and a little disappointed that you figured it out. I had the nurses in the infirmary call you Hana continuously while you were unconscious for the first few days. Eventually after calling you Hana so many times, you actually started responding to it. Your caretaker even told me that when you came to, she called you Hana and you responded. She asked you if Kyra was okay and you said ‘Who’s that?’”

This bastard had me brainwashed.“Why would you even do that to me? Do you know how unfair that is?” She glared up at him.

“Hana, eventually no one is going to call you by your old name anymore. All I did was speed up the process of you getting used to the new name, that’s all.”

She was hurt that he would even think that was even a justifiable reason.  “That still doesn’t make it right. Didn’t you think you could at least leave me with that much? Throughout a person’s life, things may change, but their name. The name they were born with will be the one thing they have that’s theirs. You can’t take that away. It’s not right. I would have gotten used to Hana on my own over time. I think it’s completely messed up that you had to once again do things your way and disregarded how it would affect me. You’re such an .”

He sighed, a little annoyed with the last two parts of her comment. “That’s because I don’t really care how it affects you, and because when it comes to you, Soo Yun, Yunhee, Nan, and Jang Mi it will always be my way. You are all mine. Whether you like it or not I own you. Why must you always make it seem as if you’re getting treated the worst? Every other girl here has been through the same things you have, granted that you’ve had a bit of a rough start, but they’re adapting and making the best of the situation. But you. You just have to stick your nose where it doesn’t belong. I like to think that I treat my girls fairly nicely. You , whine and moan about how much of an I am, and yet you fail to think about how you could have ended up with Changmin instead. His girls get treated the absolute worst and even they don’t as much as you have. If you were with him you’d probably be dead already. So before you make it a point to always bring up the whole woe is me and I hate everything speech count your ing blessings that you’re alive with a roof over your head, food in your belly and that you aren’t dead.”

Without missing a beat she blurted out “Yet.”

Jaejoong gave her a cold stare. “Is that the path you’re aiming for Hana?” His words were serious.

Kyra was starting to get scared and was regretting pushing her limits a bit too far this time but she kept pushing, watching her footing a lot more carefully. “No. But who knows. I am a replacement right? That means that someone else was already killed by you and I’m here to take their place right? It also means that there is nothing stopping the fact that I could be next.”

Jaejoong looked like he was bothered from what he said, but he shut his eyes, pinching the bridge of his nose and sighed. “So that’s what it is.”

Kyra was confused by his answer. “What?”

“That’s what’s been bothering you. Look.” He paused to rub his temples. “Let me explain this to you. We don’t have a million and one girls on hold to go through this process all over again like you think we do. Even if we did, it’s not as though we want to kill everyone off like you so easily assume. Mistakes do happen, and people do die. The last girl, the one you replaced? Ran off into the woods after Jang Mi and the others scared her off. If you remember there are five mansions on this giant and vast estate. She roamed into one of the others territories and that was the last we ever heard of her. Once you cross into another group’s turf, we can’t do anything to help you if we aren’t already on their grounds. This is actually way more common than the over feeding. What the others do to the girls is none of our concern once they hop the fence.” He paused there and let it sink in for her.

“So you mean-” He cut her off.

“So what I mean is that the only reason overfeeding would happen is because there is a new vampire on the premises, or because any vampire has abstained from feeding for longer than they should have. That’s it. A majority of us hate the whole process of having a new girl come in, not feeding for a week or so to avoid the chance of her seeing, freaking out, and darting. Then it’s troublesome to have to do the same song and dance about explaining what’s really going on. It gets tiring.” He sighed made his way towards the door. “Get something in your stomach again before the night is over. I’m ing starving and I’m not letting you weasel your way out of it.” He left and slammed the door. Jaejoong was frustrated and on an empty stomach. Her chastising and insolence that he could otherwise handle civilly made him agitated. He sighed and made his way to his room.

Kyra stood there stuck on stupid as she thought about everything. She was a little hurt that he spoke to her the way he did, but she did push her limits with him and probably had it coming anyways. “Still… it doesn’t exactly make it okay.” How was it that he managed to make her feel like an when he was clearly in the wrong for…everything? Her head hurt and she went back down stairs to get some food. “May as well get this over with.” She said remembering that the longer she kept him waiting, the greater the damage would be when he eventually got his hands on her.

                                     ------------------------------------------------------

Kyra wasn’t nervous as she went to his room. In fact she felt okay when she walked towards it. That was until she stood in front of the door unsure if she should knock. Taking a few deep breaths she told herself that she had been through much worse, and if any of the other girls can do it and be okay, then it wouldn’t be a problem for her to do this either. It didn’t help at all, but she knocked anyways with her lunch readying itself to become a projectile coagulated weapon. Jaejoong opened the door and let her in his golden eyes following her as she walked in. She was stiff and tense and he smiled. She was going to learn something today.

“Okay…I’m here… can we just get this over with please? I feel sick to my stomach.” Kyra’s pulse was racing and she had her back towards him. She may have had a strong spirit, but it didn’t mean she didn’t have any fears. So far being bitten by a vampire came close behind dying by a vampire.

Jaejoong walked over to her and slowly s his arms around her waist causing her to jump slightly and stiffen up.  She assumed he was either shirtless or in a tank top because she didn’t see a sleeve as she glanced up his right arm.  He bent over slightly, leaning his head down against her shoulder and rocked her from side to side for a little and waited. Moments later he was greeted by the sweet coppery scent of her blood and he knew she was blushing. He smirked and inhaled, squeezing her closer to him. He could feel her jump as he spoke to her and smiled inwardly. “I know you’re scared of how painful it might be. But did you know we vampires have the ability to make the pain turn into absolute pleasure?”

The way he said pleasure sent chills down her body and she started losing her ability to make coherent sentences as she started to get flustered. “N-no. I didn’t know that.” She said and waited for him to talk. She was honestly too afraid to move at this point.

“Oh really?” He smirked and removed on of his hands from her waist and brushed her hair to the right side of her neck. The action made her shiver slightly.  “I’ve heard the feeling it causes can become addictive. But I don’t know how true that is. Maybe I should try it out on you and you tell me if it’s true.” He knew the answer to it already, but he enjoyed messing with her, and loved seeing how she would react. He buried his face into the crook of her neck as he said this and sighed as he felt her pulse racing rapidly.  However before she had the chance to protest or even respond he nudged his head against hers, exposing her neck to him and nibbled on her bite marks causing her to gasp. He enjoyed the way she shook when he scraped his fangs over her neck and waited for her to be still again before sinking them into her.

What the hell is going on?Kyra thought to herself. That was before she felt the stinging pain of his teeth in her neck, causing her to sharply intake air and cry out in pain. She felt his hold around her hips tighten, steadying her and for some reason it slowly stopped hurting and she began to feel kind of lightheaded instead. She could feel the vampire drinking from her but it wasn’t excruciatingly painful.  It felt more like the pinch you get from the doctors when they drew your blood. Her heart rate began to slow down and she started feeling…good. It was like she was getting some sort of high from it, her body relaxed and she exhaled softly with a pleasured sigh. Jaejoong released his hold from her waist and placed his hands on her shoulders gripping them firmly for a moment before sliding his hands down her arms in a slow and almost ual way. Kyra bit her bottom lip as he did this and couldn’t help but lean into him as he did so.  He entwined his fingers with hers and she leaned her head to the right slightly, as if to give him more access.  It felt so good to her and she didn’t want it to stop. But of course, as she thought this Jaejoong withdrew from feeding and ran his tongue along her neck slowly, stopping the blood from dripping out of the bite. She let out a disappointed whimper as he did this and freed herself from his grip. He knew she was still feeling the effects from the bite and would be for a little while so he smiled as she pouted angrily at him.

“Why did you stop Master Jaejoong?” She pushed against his chest and he wrapped his arms around her laughing slightly at her words.

“So you’re telling me that this is what I need to do for you to address me properly?” He stared into her glazed over bright eyes and recognized the drunken and ually frustrated look in her eyes. He leaned down to kiss her on the forehead but Kyra had other ideas. She grabbed his face and tiptoed slightly and planted a kiss right on his full pink lips. Jaejoong went wide eyed for a moment before regaining his composure returning it. He thought she was bold on a normal basis, but this… this was a whole other level. Kyra took his bottom lip into and on it gently, grazing her teeth across it and tugging slightly. Jaejoong stiffened up some, tightening his hold on her. After a few moments he broke the kiss and sighed. Kyra gave out another disappointed whimper and Jaejoong hugged her tightly against him. “Always taking matters into your own hands aren’t we?” He sighed and stared up at the chandelier in his room. 

“Master?” Kyra whispered lowly.

Jaejoong looked down at her and smiled. “Mm?”

“I need you.” She moaned softly as she buried her face into his white tank top. Kyra’s body felt hot. She didn’t know how to make it go away, but she knew somehow that He’d be able to make it go away.

The words definitely caught Jaejoong off guard. He didn’t know how to react to them so he ignored them. Sighing and smiling he picked her up bridal style and she snuggled up into him. “You’re tired, and what you need is sleep.” She mumbled incoherently in response as he carried her over to his bed. At that point he already knew that the effects were wearing off leaving her exhausted and drowsy so holding her with one hand he pulled the blanket back and set her down. She stirred slightly and curled into a ball mumbling some more words as Jaejoong pulled the covers over her. He sat on the edge of the bed and chuckled slightly, her face as she slept. He leaned down kissed her on the forehead speaking softly to her. “I may not treat you different yet Hana, but soon you’ll understand there was a reason that I’ve given you the name of ‘favorite flower.’ And with that he got up and left her to sleep.

 

-------------------

Posted: 2/29/2012

Jaejoong... You're such a troll lol. So this is technically the third update today. Technically. But I felt that the last chapter left a lot to be... desired? And also, Yes I did let things end there. Thank you for reading and subscribing and getting my story over 630 views. Thank you all. But don't be afraid to comment and tell me what you think or what you'd like to see. I like to know whats on your mind: This is probably going to be the last update for today. But there should be one tomorrow. As always, thank you for staying with me this far and No, I didn't proofread yet. I will eventually XD Till next time ~