Chapter 22: Does This Change Everything?

Unwillingly Yours

 

                          -----------------------Jaejoong--------------------------

After going back inside the room, Jaejoong shut the door behind him and sighed.

“What was that all about Jaejoong?” Yunho said in irritation as  Jaejoong made his way over to the couch and plopped down.

“That, my dear Yunho, was…is another dry spot in this well-oiled machine we have here.”

Yunho’s eyes became slits. “What do you mean?”

“The red headed one that ended up with Changmin? Hana says it’s her sister, but not just her sister, her younger sister that she hasn’t seen in about eight or nine years.” Jaejoong glanced at everyone’s reactions.

Of the four males standing, Changmin was the only one who didn’t curse when he heard the news. Instead a smirk grew on his face. Jaejoong pretty much read his mind and warned him.

“Changmin, I’ve known you for very many years now, and I know that face. I don’t really care about what you do to…whatever her name is, but if you do and somehow Hana does something stupid, or ends up missing, or dead and it wasn’t because it was my fault, I will rip your teeth out and let you starve to death.” He said it in a normal conversational tone, letting the threat be carried on by his ability to keep a promise he makes.

Changmin laughed at the older vampire. “Jaejoong, what I do with my girls is none of your business. If your girl however wants to get in my business and ends up getting hurt, killed or missing then it’s her fault and her fault only. And because it’s that one, you already know she is going to try something, so maybe you should learn how to keep tabs on what is yours and learn how to actually be an owner and put her in her place. She doesn’t fear you let alone respect you. You let her walk all over you and get away with a lot. If I didn’t know better I’d say you were a little too fond of her.”

Anyone who would have heard these two would have thought it was a normal conversation between colleagues. There was no animosity in their tones, but the air itself was getting filled with tension. Jaejoong lightened the mood in his own way and tried to change the subject at the same time. He laughed. “What is it Minnie? Jealous.”

Changmin scowled. “Don’t call me that.”

“Oh but come on Minnie, you know I’ll always love you.” He chastised giving Changmin a pout and talking in a cutesy voice.

“Hyung, shut up. You can be so ing creepy and questionable sometimes I swear.”

Worked like a charm.Jaejoong thought to himself.

“I’m afraid I have to agree with Changmin on this one.” Yunho agreed with a sigh.

So close…oh well.Feeling as though everyone was expecting an explanation he spoke up. “She’s new here and she’s interesting. On top of that the girl hasn’t seemed to be able to catch a break and fall into the routine without something going on. First it was her finding out the truth, then it was getting bitten and being bedridden for three days. After that she got into a fight and was almost stabbed.” Yunho’s eyes got wide for a moment. “I’ll explain that later. And on top of that, she was attacked and fed from by Changmin after trashing her room and embedding glass into her knuckles. After all of that happens she has to attend a funeral, and ends up bashing our chef in the nose. But to top it all off she now possibly has her younger sister thrown into the mix that she hasn’t seen in about eight years, and is also one of Changmins latest snacks. If you didn’t already know Hana plus Changmin equals a bad experience and possibly death. So yes I do take pity on the girl and perhaps maybe I am a bit soft on her because of that.” He huffed once he finished speaking

“This sounds like a drama I swear.” Yoochun said shaking his head.

Yunho made an awkward face and tried to not laugh. “Uh Jae, I was actually referring to Changmin being right about how she would be the one to put herself into an undesirable situation.”

Jaejoong’s face showed obvious embarrassment and he palmed his face. “Of course that’s what you meant.” After he finished speaking his friend erupted in laughter at him.

“Well then it looks like our Jaejoong has feelings for the new girl.” Junsu teased.

“Told you so.” Changmin said gloating.

“Aish. No you guys it’s really not like that at all.”

Yoochun grabbed a pillow from the leather sofa and chucked it at Jaejoong. “Of course it’s not Hyung. We totally believe you.”

Jaejoong grinned as he caught it and placed it back down on the couch. “Seriously, I am just intrigued by her. She has a pretty strong will. She also has the ability to say what’s on her mind even if it’s not a good habit for her to have here, Hana is very resilient.”

“And she’s the one isn’t she? You love her smile, the way she looks at you, the way she walks and talks. It was love at first sight for you wasn’t it? Oh I should right this stuff down for the wedding.” Yoochun teased and everyone laughed again.

“Oh please Yoochun I see the way you gawk at her. If I didn’t already know better I would say it was you who had the hots for her.” Jaejoong smirked as he said this and saw Yoochun’s expression switch to surprise as he attempted to figure out a response.

“What? She’s a very beautiful girl. I’m not even going to pretend that I don’t see that when I look at her.”

“Well that is true. Especially her eyes. They remind me of a huskies eye color.” Junsu agreed.

“And her bottom is nicely shaped too.” Yoochun blurted out and suddenly all eyes were on him.

“What?” Changmin managed to say while laughing.

“She came running out of her room to get her uniform fitted for her, and she was in underwear and a t-shirt. I don’t know where her pants went, not  that I really cared. I turned away at first but snuck a peek before she disappeared behind the door.”

Jaejoong tensed up some at the odd twinge he was getting from hearing his. While Junsu and Changmin were rambling on about it, Yunho was staring at Jaejoong the entire time, studying his expression.

“Oh boy.” Was all he said and the others stopped talking and looked at him.

“Oh boy what?” Junsu asked.

“Nothing. I live with a bunch of horn dogs.” He lied. Once the attention was off of him Yunho continued to look at Jaejoong, who looked back at him. They had a facial conversation without speaking.

You okay Jae?Yunho asked by raising his eyebrow and tilting his head some. Jaejoong nodded. Yunho made a face and furrowed his brows at him which caused the other male to crack a smile and shake his head.  Yunho then mouthed. ‘I’m onto you.’ Jaejoong then mouthed back ‘Oh baby.’ And the two started laughing, which got the attention of the three others. Before they could ask what was going on Yunho spoke.

“Well Changmin, you and I should actually get the documents done and ready and we should show the girls around. Jaejoong you should be finding Hana now. It’s about time to start making lunch.” Jaejoong nodded and got up to leave. His thoughts went to Hana and he wondered how she was taking it. I wonder where she’s at right now.

 

                                     ---------------------------------------------------

Kyra was lying in bed her eyes red from crying and her body heavy from the emotional turmoil that ran rampant within her. She just wanted to fall asleep and wake up on her uncomfortable but cozy sofa bed to breakfast cooked by her mom. If things could go back to the way they were she was sure she’d be happy again. Sniffling she thought about her sister. “Why would dad let you dye your hair such a bright red color Alexandria?” She said to no one and looked at her tearstains on her pillow. She jumped up at the sound of her door opening and began to wipe her eyes with her back of her hand. Shock changed to pain again when she saw it was Jaejoong. She spoke to him as he walked in. “What do you want?” Her voice cracked as she spoke.

Jaejoong stared at her and had a troubled look on his face. “It’s time to go make lunch for the girls. So I came to get you. You should change into something else so you don’t dirty your uniform in the kitchen.

Kyra just stared at him as he spoke. “Are… are you seriously coming here to tell me this right now? Why do you have to be such a jerk all the time?” She started crying again.

Jaejoong sighed and walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her, pressing her face into his stomach and rubbing her back. Kyra stopped crying and just sat there shocked.

“I’m sorry.” He said a little generically.  Jaejoong wasn’t all that used to comforting anymore, and if he was ever going to get this girl out of the room he’d have to play nice for a little while.

Kyra pushed him away because he offended her. “I’m sorry? That’s not going to help me now. I don’t need your forced pity. I’ll be out in a second to go make stupid lunch with you.” She huffed and got a pair of jean shorts and a camouflage tank top and went into the bathroom to change, leaving Jaejoong to stand there a little dumbfounded. “I swear it’s like the only way I can ever get through to this girl is if I threaten her life.” He dragged his fingers through his hair and placed his hand on his hip, waiting for her to come out.  When she did, he noticed her hair was picked up again with a bit of fringe off to the left side. He wondered if she did that to distract people from looking at her bite marks.

“I’m done Master Jaejoong. Shall we leave to go prepare lunch?”

“You’ll have to explain to me how I come in here to find you crying, try to comfort you and suddenly it’s like you’re the toughest and angriest person in the world. What the hell is up with that? I don’t have to take pity or care about you, you know.” He was frustrated with the mood swings.

“Then don’t. I’m just your source of food, nothing more. You shouldn’t care about me at all anyways. I just work here against my will for a cold hearted . That is something I’m totally okay with. I’m fine with working for an that doesn’t care, but don’t expect me to accept your pseudo-sympathy with open arms after everything that’s happened. You can’t tell me to get over something and make me do what I just did, and then apologize a long while later and everything be okay. That’s not how it works.” She made her way to the door but Jaejoong beat her to it and slammed it shut.

“What the hell is your problem?!” Kyra yelled  as she glared up at him.

My problem is that you don’t know how to shut the up. You’re an ungrateful .” He growled.

Kyra’s anger rose almost immediately. “Well excuse the hell out of me for not being grateful to the person that has me held captive and expects me to be okay and dandy with that. I’m sorry but in the real world that isn’t something that happens overnight.”

“Then leave.” He said lowly.

“Wha-” She was cut off by him.

“If you are so damn miserable with being here then why not escape. I’ll even let you go. Because quite honestly I rather have you disappear so I don’t have to deal with your constant ing at me.”

Kyra stared at him with wide eyes as he said this, and it felt like she was punched in the chest. She didn’t know why his word hurt, but they did. However because of her pride she glared at him again “Fine then. I’ll be sure to leave when you least expect it so you don’t have to deal with me anymore.” But why does it hurt me to even say that? She reached for the door knob to open the door but was yanked on by Jaejoong and forcefully turned to face him. She looked up to see his eyes were golden. She opened to speak but before she could say anything, Jaejoongs lips crashed against hers.

 

-------------------

Posted: Originally 3/6/2012 Reposted:3/13/2012