Chapter 14: Attempted Suicides, Pranks and Omelets

Unwillingly Yours

 Of course the peace was short lived. The reason being? Hana was making her way down the stairs to the second floor to just peer over the balcony and down into the Foyer as she reflected on everything that happened, and how ecstatic she was when she first arrived here. If she could go back in time she would tell herself to run back the way she came. Leaning on the wooden guardrail she sighed. A few moments after she did that she heard the door to the stairway slam open, causing her to nearly tumble over from shock. It was at that moment as she was turning around that she saw a terrified Moksori bounding over the guard rail and plummeting to the Foyer floor below. Hana could only stare after her with wide eyes as she hit the marble floor with a hard smack. Surprisingly the fall wasn’t enough to kill her, but apparently her legs were rendered useless as she tried to crawl away using her upper body only.  A few moments later a yellow eyes Yunho barged through, staring at Hana, causing her to shrink back a few steps. Yunho peeked over the balcony as well and without a second thought jumped down after her landing on his feet and a few inches behind her.

“Oh what the is this this?” She said in bewilderment as she watched the scene below.  Moksori started screaming for someone to help her and from where Hana was she could see girls poke their heads out for a moment only to duck back in in obvious fear. Yunho along with everyone else in the house ignored her echoing screams. The acoustics in the foyer made the girl’s voice vibrate through the guardrails. He kneeled down and picked her up without saying a word as she flailed about screaming at the top of her lungs tears rushing down her cheeks in copious amounts. Hana locked eyes with the vampire as he looked up at her and she became stricken with fear and the urge to run. Hana backed away slowly from the guardrail and made her way back up to her room on the third floor shutting the door and laying on her bed.

“What…why did I even witness that?” Her expression was blank as she looked up at her rooms white ceiling. “Maybe I should just stay in my room forever. So I can avoid seeing all the morbidly crazy things that happen here. That sounds like a good idea.” Hana really didn’t know how to feel after that. She heard Moksori’s screams and cries of protests as Yunho carried her back up to the fifth floor and her heart began to ache. Sighing she spoke to no one. “Please give her mercy and make it quick.” As the screams grew fainter and fainter Hana just rolled onto her belly and hid her head under one of her pillows and ended up falling asleep.

                                            --------------------------------------------------

Hana’s sleep was pleasant and for the first time in a while she awoke without any body pains or a headache or without wondering how she got there. Could this be the start of a good day? She asked herself. Nope she said in a mockingly cheerful tone. Hana rubbed her sleep filled eyes and yawned. “What time is it?” She murmured to herself. She hadn’t seen a clock in ages and she didn’t even know what day it was. Getting out of her bed without bothering to make it she walked over to her bathroom to brush up. “Oh yeah, leaving my bed a mess. Housekeeping rebel over here, get at me.” She threatened herself in the mirror as she brushed her teeth. Noticing how stupid she looked she erupted in laughter sending toothpaste foam splattering all over the mirror which caused her to cover with her free hand and laugh even more. After two minutes of laughing to herself Hana realized that she hadn’t laughed in a while. “Kinda upsetting that I’m turning into a crazy person and laughing at myself.”   She finished brushing up, gargled mouthwash, washed her hands and cleaned up the foam on the mirror.

Hana made her way over small walk in closet and pulled out a bright yellow tee with a  large black kiss mark on the front of it from one of the shelves along with a pair of faded and ripped blue jeans. After getting dressed she looked at her still bandaged knuckles and decided it would be okay to take them off by now, even though she was supposed to take them off the day before. She cringed as the bandages tugged against her wrinkled and slightly putrid smelling skin. “Maybe it wasn’t the best idea to have my bandages around so much water.” She figured the point would be moot after her little trip in the lake yesterday, but as she continued to peel the bandages off she noticed her scabs did as well making her inhale sharply as oxygen touched them.  Once the ordeal was over she sighed happily, glad that only her right hand had been the one to suffer damage and she didn’t have to do it to her left hand.  The smell of the skin made her wrinkle her nose and she went back into the bathroom to wash it again cringing as the soap burned the open cuts.  Afterwards she got a pair of socks from her top dresser drawer and put on off white sneakers and left the room. As she stepped into the hallway she noticed that it was actually still very early in the morning; she had to guess it was probably only around 7:30. The mansion had that sleepy type of quiet to it. The type of quiet that the sound of a pin dropping on the ground was the equivalent to the demolition of a building.

Maybe I can wander around with everyone probably still sleeping. And with Changmin locked up in isolation I don’t have to worry about him lurking around the corner.  There was a little voice in the back of Hana’s mind that told her that the last time she wandered around, she owed a vampire lunch and he came and took her invitation a few days later. She ignored it somewhat and figured she would go check out Junsu’s area of the house since the only two areas she didn’t get to check were Yoochun’s and his. What Hana learned was that the west wing of the first floor belonged to Changmin. In his area were the laundry room and the library, along with the rooms of his house keepers, and some other rooms she didn’t check out. The second floor overlooked the foyer and had only two rooms on it. Each located on the end of the hall. One was an in home theater on the west side, and on the east side was a banquet hall. Both of which were padlocked shut. The third floor was Jaejoong’s. At least up till the west wing of the house.

 The west wing belonged to Yunho. She assumed his study was on that side, but Jaejoong told her it would be in her best interest to avoid going there. The fourth floor was split between Yoochun and Junsu. It was also the floor that had the most actual space. Its floor plan was basically the same as the first floor. The east wing was Yoochun’s and the West wing was Junsu’s. The middle ground, which was about the size of the foyer, was a lounge area with a single huge window in the same spot as the front door. This was the floor with the most activity since ten girls and two vampires inhabited it. On the Fifth floor was Yunho’s area. This floor was set up similarly to the third floor, and Jaejoongs study was in the East wing at the end of the hall. The only difference was that while the third floor had Yunho’s study and a few other rooms she wasn’t allowed to go to, Jaejoong’s study was the only room on that side. She knew all of this from a conversation she had with Jaejoong on one of her first days here. But now, instead of just taking the vampires word for the layout of the house, she was going to see it all for herself. 

Smiling mischievously she began to sneak her way up the stairs to the fourth floor, she felt it was a little dumb for her to act this way and began to mock herself. “Yeah, I’m going to be in so much trouble for this. I’m going to switch the pillows around the couches on the fourth floor because I’m so bad . Everyone is going to be in a panic as they wonder who would dare disturb the balance of Couchville. Chaos will erupt as pillow families are split apart.” She snickered at herself. “I am such a freaking idiot I swear.” After palming her face she crept up the stairs on all fours, for what reason she didn’t know.  Once she got up there she pushed the doors open and stood up at the same time. Sunlight blinded her momentarily and she ducked her head behind her arm to shield herself from the light.  Walking onto the carpeted flooring she let her eyes get used to the change in lighting. “Why couldn’t I have ended up here?” she said softly as she looked at the homey look the fourth floor had to it. It was warm and inviting, and with the pinkish rays of light shining through the window it was relaxing.  She noticed that the lounge area itself was on a slightly lower level about two stair steps from where she was standing. “Now to cause some trouble.” She chuckled evilly as she spotted the couches. 

Walking down the two steps she froze in her tracks when one of them creaked and she flinched, waiting for lightning to strike her. When that didn’t happen she looked around to make sure no one was around to see her. She didn’t know why she felt as if she was infiltrating some secret territory, when she lived here, but it made sense because this wasn’t ‘her’ floor. She quickly made her way to the beige couches and just as she expected the pillows on them were arranged in a pattern. One black and one white pillow on each end. This was the same for the other one, although the couch cushions themselves were a slightly different beige than the other one and its tones were more gray than cream. Giggling to herself she switched the couch cushions and put three white pillows and a black one on one couch and three white pillows and a black one on the other.  She kissed her finger tips and said “Mwah! A master piece for the word of home decorating, if I do say so myself.” She paused and shook her head. “I really need to be more social and make some friends, because this is getting a little ridiculous.”  She saw some magazines piled neatly on the table between the couches and placed them on empty spots of the table one by one until the entire table top was covered. She didn’t know why she got so much joy from doing little silly pranks like this, but she was glad to just be in a better mood.

Her stomach began to growl and she blushed. “Is there even any food out at this time?” She wondered as she made her way back up the steps, careful to avoid the bottom one because it squeaked. However as she stepped up on the top step it let out a loud squeak as well causing Hana to cringe and bare her teeth. When she got up and moved towards the door to the stairs she glared at those two steps and said “Well you too then. Trying to get me in trouble. I know when I’m not wanted.” She snickered and pulled the door open, covering with her free hand to prevent herself from laughing and ended up walking straight into the chest of Jaejoong.

Hana went wide eyed and gasped loudly. She was glad she had her hand over otherwise it would have been loud enough to grab someone’s attention. When she backed up and saw who it was she let out a sigh. “You scared the life out of me just now.” She whispered. She didn’t exactly know why she would be happy to see Jaejoong, but it was probably because it wasn’t Yoochun or Junsu catching her in the act of her little adventure.

“What are you doing up so early? And why are you up here?” Jaejoong asked with a smile on his face and his head tilted to the side.

“I could ask you the same.” She countered and crossed her arms in front of her chest.

“You could, under normal circumstances. But being that it is my house, and you do belong to me, your argument is invalid. So I’m going to ask you again. Why are you up here?” He wasn’t being mean or controlling with the way he spoke, he was simply chastising and teasing her in his normal way, while still getting his point across.  Hana rolled her eyes at him.

“I didn’t know it was this early, and I’ve never had the chance to be up here. I’ve been to the fifth floor, but for some reason I’ve never thought about ever stopping on the fourth.” She shrugged.

“Because there isn’t exactly a reason for you to be up here, that’s why. Always sticking your nose into places where it doesn’t belong seems to be a running theme with you doesn’t it?” He chuckled.

Hana’s expression went from pleasant to bewildered in a matter of seconds. “Excuse me? You talk about me sticking my nose where it doesn’t belong and here you are once again stalking me.”

Jaejoong stifled a laugh. “If you want to continue this banter let’s do it on my floor.” He turned to hold the door open for her. Sighing she walked through and began to walk down the stairs. Once she heard him walking behind her she continued. “Like I said, why must you always pop up where I am? Don’t you have four other flowers to tend to?”

“You’re the only one that has yet to be tended to Hana. And anyways, you belong to me, and you are in my house. It is my right to go wherever I want, and to ‘stalk’ whichever one of my girls that I want to.”  By this point they were standing in front of the doors to the third floor hallway still in the stairwell. Hana was going to respond but the loud rumbling of her stomach  stopped that and instead she just stood there with an open mouth and a blush creeping on her face.

“Someone’s hungry.” Jaejoong teased in a singsong voice.

“Well thank you Captain Obvious.”

“That’s Master Captain Obvious to you.”

She rolled her eyes. “Fine. But yes I’m hungry. Do you know if there is any food out yet?”

Jaejoong thought about this and then grabbed her by the hand and led her down to the first floor. “Uh… where are you taking me?” Hana asked as she was led down the stairs.

“To get some food.” He said simply.

“You could have just said yes you know. I know where the dining hall is.”

“Oh I know that, but there’s nothing made yet. So I’m going to make you something.”

Hana couldn’t help the blush that crept over her cheeks or the rise in her pulse rate. “Are you going to poison me?” She asked as she was led into the dining hall.
“And waste perfectly good food like that? Not a chance. Though if your attitude doesn’t change, I might consider it.” He teased, but Hana wasn’t sure if he was actually being serious. Hana had witnessed some of what this vampire was capable of doing, and she honestly wondered how long it took before she pushed her limits with him and ended up... well she really didn’t know how she would end up. The point was she was walking on thin ice and one wrong step could result in some nasty backlash.

Jaejoong lead Hana into the dining hall and past the serving stations in the back and into the industrial sized kitchen that lay behind the metal door. He told her to take a seat on one of the counters up against the wall and asked her what she would like to eat.

She did what she was asked, picking one next to an electric stove and thought about it. “Surprise me.” She ended up saying.

“Really? You seem like the type that isn’t fond of surprises, let alone ones that have anything to do with me.” As he spoke to her he walked around gathering some ingredients.

“You do have a point. But my stomach trusts you right now.  Desperate .”

Jaejoong shook his head and walked over to her, placing his ingredients on the countertop and cutting board which was next to the stove, on the opposite from Hana. She turned her head towards his ingredients and saw four eggs, some cold cuts, half of an onion, a clove of garlic, a green bell pepper and two slices of cheese.  He was making an omelet.

If he can cook this right then Yum. This should be a pleasant surprise.

                                        -------------------------------------------------

It was one of the best omelets Hana ever had. The eggs were fluffy, the cheese was gooey and the other ingredients just added to the flavors and textures, complimenting each other nicely.  To her surprise he was eating along with her.

“I thought vampires couldn’t eat food.” She said as she took another bite of her breakfast.

“It’s not that we can’t. It’s more like there is no point to it. Like eating paper. There is no reason for you to eat it, it has no nutritional value. And yet…” He paused to take a bite of his food. “Some people still do it.”  They ate in silence for a moment before Hana spoke up again.

“So why is it that you decided to do it then?”

“Simple. I didn’t want you eating alone. I figured it would be awkward if you sat here eating by yourself.”

“Oh.” She said and looked down to her half eaten food. Her cheeks flushed and Jaejoong commented on it.

“You know, every time you blush, I can smell the blood gathering in your cheeks right? It’s like if you were walking by a food vendor and suddenly the smell of food hits you.” After saying this he finished off the omelet and wiped his mouth with a napkin.

“Well sorry. It’s not like I can do anything about that.” There wasn’t much said afterwards and Jaejoong sat in silence as Hana ate, and she had to admit that it really was awkward. Especially with the sounds of her fork scraping accidently against the plate was amplified by the emptiness of the dining hall.

“So…” she said as she finished off the last bite of her food.

“So?” Jaejoong asked propping both elbows up on the table and leaning his chin on her back of his hands.

“I’m surprised you actually know how to cook. How did you learn?”

Jaejoongs expression tensed for a moment. “A woman.” He said simply.

She got a weird vibe from him at that point and was going to say something but he got up, causing her to just stare. He walked around the round table and made his way to her side. She followed him with her eyes and had to crane her neck up to look at him. “What are you…” Her sentence was cut off by him gripping her chin and tilting her head even further back. Her eyes were wide with confusion at that point, but they nearly popped out her skull when he leaned down as if to kiss her and instead she found him the corner of in a slow and deliberate movement. Hana could only sit there with wide eyes and a red face. Jaejoong smiles and laughed softly before inhaling deeply.  Letting out a sigh he locked eyes with her for a moment before saying “You had a little something there. Now then.Today all the girls have the day off because of the two unfortunate and untimely passings of Moksori and Myorin. Everyone is still sleeping in, but at around 9 everyone will be getting ready to say their goodbyes. Dress for the occasion okay? And on another note. Afterwards it’s your turn to feed me. Make sure you eat something before seeing me.” He leaned down and planted a kiss on her forehead before grinning and walking off. Hana’s brain shut down on her and her heart raced to the point where she could hear it in her head. She let the vampire walk away from her without even responding. He called out to her before leaving.

“Oh yeah, and Hana.”

She whipped her head around to face him. “U-Uhm…yes?” she asked, stumbling over her words.

“I cooked, so you clean.” He grinned widely and left before she had the chance to say anything.

Hana couldn’t even come up with an insult anyway and just sat there, blinking a few times as she brought her hand to the corner of . “What… just happened?” She spoke to herself but didn’t even mother to come up with an answer like she normally would. Her heart was pounding and her stomach was in knots. She stared at the two plates on the table and grabbed them before standing up to go back into the kitchen and wash them. Although Jaejoong told her she had to clean since he cooked, he only left the two plates and forks for her to do as he had cleaned up in the kitchen after he was done. She enjoyed watching him cook surprisingly; maybe it was because it was something she hadn’t seen in a while. As she the water in the sink she felt her stomach knot up even more and her heart race to the point that she felt lightheaded and dizzy. Waiting for the water to get hot she sighed and shook her head.

“What the hell is wrong with me? And what the hell was that all about.”

 

-------------------

Posted: 2/29/2012

Long boring chapter of DOOM. It's 5:12 in the morning and I would love to rant on about how bad this chapter is, but i'm tired ^_^'.

However I asked a bunch of people and it's been decided.

She will be going back to being reffered to as Kyra.

Everyone seems to agree that she should at least get to keep her name. But the vampires and most of the girls will still call her Hana... so I hope this chapter didn't make you want to kill yourself from boredom. the next one will make up for it. So please continue to read. <3 Also hurray for almost 555 views!

Chapter 15 should be up soon <3 

Also I haven't had the chance to proofread. so I know there are typos. I will get those later. sorry for the inconvenience