Chapter 7: Once Bitten

Unwillingly Yours

Everything felt so heavy. She wanted to move but she found out that she couldn't. Her lids were heavy and she struggled to open them. When she managed to do that she gasped in air. Her lungs burned as they took in oxygen. Kyra found herself staring at the ceiling. It took a lot of effort and caused her to wince in pain. She found herself facing the room door and a closet door. She was in her room. It was all a dream then. It had to be. But if that was the case then why did she feel this way? Her entire body felt weighed down as if there was someone sitting on her; however she forced herself to get up even if it made the room spin dangerously.

"Bathroom. Now." She told herself for no reason and groggily made her way over to her bathroom. She nearly tumbled several times and braced herself on the sink when she made it. She looked into the mirror. And couldn't believe what she saw. Her skin was sickly pale, there were dark rings under her eyes, her lips were painfully chapped and her hair was in a sweat matted mess. She looked as if she had died. Her hand instinctively went to her right shoulder and up towards her neck. The skin around it felt puckered and sore.

"Oh my God." she whispered. She tilted her head to the side to see the bite wound for herself and she wanted to cry. So last night was real. She thought to herself. She then remembered everything that was said. Her heart hurt from the memories of what was said. "Mom..." was all she whispered before she started to cry. Her eyes burned and no tears wanted to come out so she settled for painful body shaking sobs. After what seemed like an hour she decided she should shower. She felt absolutely disgusting at this point. A shower wouldn't help with her emotional issues but it would physically make her feel at least a little better. So that is what she did.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Kyra sighed as she got out of her sauna like bathroom. She ran the shower as hot as she could handle and just soaked in it. Most of the aches went away over time and her hair was no longer matted. It was instead in tight dark red curls which were probably going to be a hassle to comb out. Wrapped in nothing but a towel she made her stiffly over to her vanity, the cold air made her body stiffen and every step she took sent little jolts of pain through her body. She went into the top vanity drawer to get her hairbrush and started the tedious task of detangling her hair. As she was doing that she dazed out into replaying what she could remember from the night before. Those eyes. Those bright gold eyes. Just thinking about them sent shivers down her spine. Kyra thought about everything that was said for just about the hundredth time today. If what he said was true she really did belong to him. But then what happened now? What was she supposed to do now?

Kyra pondered this as she made her way to her closet after the last tight curl of her hair had been brushed out, the end result being voluminous shoulder length waves. She grabbed a pair of jeans, and a white T-shirt with two black stars and a red one in the middle. She walked back to her bed and placed them down as she got her underwear from her dresser as well as a pair of socks. After she got dressed was when she realized just how hungry she was, but she really didn't want to leave her room. It felt too weird. Her stomach however refused to be ignored and growled vehemently. Slipping on her sneakers she decided she was actually a little bit curious as to how things would play out now. Her curiosity normally canceled out her fears, and this was how Kyra got into trouble as a kid. She knew this, but she also knew that old habits died hard.

"Let’s get this show on the road then." She murmured and looked at herself in the mirror again. Her lips were still slightly chapped so she applied a balm to them. There wasn't anything she could do about the dark circles under her eyes or her sunken in appearance. She hoped that would all change once she got some food and nourishment into her system. She doubted it, but she still hoped anyway.
 

 

-------------------

Posted 2/23/2012

Its short, i get it. The next one will be way longer I promise <3 I hope you stay with me to the end and enjoy reading :3