Chapter 30: Dressed to Impress

Unwillingly Yours

 

Kyra woke up to a knock at her door. When she opened her eyes, she saw that she was in her bed and that it was still dark out. Who could it be at this…whatever time this is? The sound of Jaejoongs voice from the other side asking if she was awake made her jump up almost immediately. “C-come in!” She hollered, and the door opened.

“Close your eyes for a second.” Jaejoong said as he walked inside the room.

“What? Why? Ah!” She yelled as he flicked the light on making her pupils shrink and her eyes shut tightly to block out the bright light.

“That’s why Hana.” She peaked at him through squinted eyes and saw that he was still in his pajama pants.

“What… What time is it? You know it wouldn’t kill you to have clocks in the rooms. I hate going through the day not knowing what time it is.” She was feeling groggy again and scratched her head absentmindedly as she spoke. Jaejoong just laughed at her.

“Is she still sleeping Jaejoong?” Alexandria said as she maneuvered her way into the room with clothes, two curling irons and makeup in her hands. Kyra’s eyes went wide, but they nearly popped out of her skull when she saw Changmin coming in behind her wheeling in a suitcase and leaving it by the door. Jaejoong turned and looked at where Kyra was gawking at and he was taken aback. Raising his eyebrow at the taller younger vampire he cracked a smile. Changmin sighed and shook his head, waving his hand horizontally near his neck telling Jaejoong to not ask about this odd little incident going on.

“Thanks Changmin.” Alexandria chimed in with a smile on her face.

“You’re welcome Haneul.” He cracked a smile at her and Kyra couldn’t help but make a face at how alien he looked right then. Changmin with a smile on his face was, in her mind a mind.

“Okay boys, if you ever want me to get her looking decent for the school I suggest you leave me to my work so I can get started.”

Jaejoong raised his hands as if he was surrendering and then walked out the door, wrapping his arm around Changmin’s shoulder. “Okay Do you know once I shut this door we are going to talk about what I think I just saw right?” Changmin sighed in exasperation as Jaejoong shut the door behind him. The sound of her sister’s voice, broke her gaze from the door.

“Alright sis, let’s get started with you first, since you have no sense in how to look decent, I’m sure.”

Kyra narrowed her eyes at Alexandria. “Why don’t I still know what time it is? And Alex, please. I don’t care what I look like to those people.”

“That’s fine, it’s great to be independent and all, but this is a competition. If you want the house to be more lively and interesting we have to beat the other girls. And since we were blessed with some pretty killer looks, and you were mistakenly given a little too much assets, I’d say we’d set the bar impossibly high. And it’s three in the morning.”

“You are unbelievably cocky Alex. Ugh. Why am I even conscious this early?”

“Not cocky, I just know how to take pride in what I’m working with. Never let them see you sweat Kyra.” Alexandria said as she laid her suitcase down on the floor and ped it. It was full of every type of makeup, fashion and personal grooming item you could imagine.” She picked up a box and waved it at Kyra.

“Now let’s give those eyebrows a nice shape, Mister Miyagi style. Wax on, wax off.” There was a creepy grin that followed that sentence, but Kyra knew better than to protest against her sister. She would just be making things harder on herself if she did, and with Alexandria’s fiercely competitive side, Kyra knew that she would be taking her work seriously.

“You sure you know how to use those?” Kyra asked while making a face.

Alexandria scoffed and pointed to her well-shaped and thin brows. “Obviously so. I was always a whiz with makeup, and the like. Now let me make you into the girl you were born to be.”

“Oh God Alex why do you have that look in your face?”

 

                                   ---------------------------------------------------------

By the time Alex was done with me the sun was just peeking through my window. It felt a little weird having her younger sister dress her up, but Kyra wasn’t into getting all gussied up for anything since she never went anywhere that really needed it. She felt a little ridiculous in the ensemble and her hair was, in her opinion a little more than crazy.

“You clean up nicely sis. You should go strut your stuff in front of everyone so they can see.”

“Alex… I am pretty sure it’s like five in the morning. No one is going to be awake except for the girls that need to be getting ready for school.”

“So then why not show Jaejoong?” She said with a sly smile.

Kyra blushed slightly. “For what?”

“What do you mean for what? So he can see how amazingly awesome I am at fixing you up. And because you know, he will definitely forget the name of Jang Mi once he sees you.”

Kyra sighed. “I don’t care if he remembers her name or not Alex. Speaking of names, why did Changmin call you that… name earlier? Did you already pick your name?”

She nodded and grinned. “It’s Haneul. It means Heaven. And we both have Han in our names, how cool is that?”

“He called you Heaven?” She said in disbelief.

“Yup. I really don’t see how you guys have such an issue with Changmin. He’s not as bad as you make him out to be.” She said as she started doing her hair. 

Kyra sighed. “This is a conversation I don’t want to have with you right now. I already know where my opinion stands with Changmin, and I doubt that will ever change. Just know that if he ever hurts you, I swear I will go all Buffy the Vampire Slayer on his .”

Alexandria giggled. “You are retarded. But Oh! Yeah that’s right, what’s your Korean name? I’ve been told that’s how we have to refer to each other at the school.”

“It’s Hana. How do you not know that when you said we both have Han in our name? All you had to do was add the A, stupid.”

“Well excuse the hell out of me . What does it mean?”

Kyra shrugged. “The hell if I remember, I just know its got something to do with flowers.  Jaejoong named all of his girls after flowers.”

“So what’s Jang Mi’s? That nasty stinky flower? Or is it a weed? No matter how many time you pluck the she keeps coming back.” Kyra laughed at her sisters harsh words.

“No her name means Rose.”

“Oh my God he didn’t give her the most cliché name in the book did he?” Alexandria said while curling her hair, looking at her sister through the vanity mirror.

Kyra cocked her brow in confusion. “What do you mean by that?”

“You know what they say about roses sis. Every rose has its thorns?” She spoke in a mocking tone, making faces in the mirror.

Kyra laughed again. “The funny part is when I got into a fight with her and the other three she said that crap.”

“Did she now? Why am I not surprised? But you got into a fight?” the younger girls face showed obvious shock with hints of disbelief portrayed  in her eyes.

“Yeah. I don’t know if it was a hazing thing, but they didn’t- I mean they don’t like me. Jang Mi even tried to attack me with a freaking kitchen knife.”

“She did what now?!” Alexandria exclaimed, slamming her curling iron onto the vanity, and turning around to Kyra.

“Jaejoong came in just in time to stop her.”

“And that is still breathing?” She said through clenched teeth.                  

Kyra shrugged. “Obviously so. But she hasn’t really tried anything after that. I find it weird, but I guess she got in trouble with Jaejoong and just resorts to talking smack.”

“Well now I’m even happier that Bomi whopped her .” She said and went back to doing her hair.

Kyra chuckled, and looked at her manicured nails which were painted black. Her toes were done in the same fashion.

“Kyra seriously head downstairs and see how he reacts. Or how any of them react for that matter. “

Kyra huffed and rolled her eyes. “Fine. But if I break my neck in these heels I swear I will crawl up the stairs and break your ankles.” Her sister laughed at her and Kyra left to make her way carefully down the stairs.  

After the most careful decent down the spiral staircase she had ever taken, Kyra made it to the first floor, a lot less wobbly than when she started walking. Alright, the home stretch, work on your walk here while you still can. Last thing you need to do is make an absolute of yourself in front of everyone. She took her time making her way to the dining hall, and eventually was able to walk with confidence. The clicking of her heels echoed through the quiet house, and she wondered if anyone could hear. She was thankful that her black dress stopped by her calf, so she didn’t have to worry about tripping over it.  When Kyra finally managed her way to the dining hall door she could hear voices behind it. Taking one big gulp of her saliva and her nerves, she pushed the door open and stepped inside.

 

-----------------

Posted: Originally supposed to be 3/13/2012

Posted today for obvious reasons. So. Yes this chapter is short. The next one will be told from Jaejoong's point of view mostly. Only a little bit of the next chapter will be Kyras. also I have over 50 subscribers in total, and my 40th for the story! Also this is chapter 30, and i've pretty much got 1,500 views for Unwillingly Yours. I'm really happy about that. I dedicate this chapter to subscriber # 40:lightXdarkness234 

Thanks for reading and subscribing you guys! Oh. and just in case you are wondering what Kyra looks like now... to make up for the shorter than it should be chapter, I'll give you a photo! Originally I was going to post it after Jaejoongs pov, but i think it's only fair. so click this link~ http://p.twimg.com/An93orxCEAI5v_R.jpg And I will see you in the next update!