Chapter 26: Back to School

Unwillingly Yours

 

Kyra awoke at around dawn again. All was quiet at usual with the exception of her -fitting stomach. “Okay okay I get it. I’m sorry I’ve been ignoring you.” She huffed as she pulled the covers off of her and got out of bed. The boys never rehired a chef, and enjoyed the idea that the girls could fend for themselves when they were hungry. Kyra figured it meant that they enjoyed having fewer outsiders to worry about. After she fixed her bed she got ready for the day but stayed in her pajamas because no one would be awake at this time and she honestly couldn’t be bothered to change. She sighed as she noticed her dark roots starting to peak through her dark burgundy red hair dye. It wasn’t noticeable unless you stared at her scalp, which in that case would be very unsettling and weird.  Feeling that she looked okay enough to step out of her room, she did so and made her way to the kitchen, but was almost run over by a rushing Jaejoong.

“What the?!” She blurted as she looked at him running into one of the girls rooms a few doors down from hers. It was the room closest to the west wing hallway. “Jang Mi. Hurry up. We are going to be late.”

“Master please! You cannot rush perfection, and if we want to show the other houses who has the best taste then I suggest you let me do my job at representing.”

Kyra rolled her eyes and snickered at the scenario playing out before her.

“Jang Mi. Let’s go now.” Jaejoong said in clear irritation. She heard the other girl sigh and step out of her room looking as if she was going out to a cocktail party. She had on a strapless blood red dress with a thigh high slit in it, a strappy black pair of heels, a plain black choker and a headband with a red rose in it. Her long purplish-burgundy hair was done in ringlets. Her makeup was a gray smoky shadow, along with black eyeliner to make her eyes appear catlike and a luscious pink gloss. The stereotypical female in Kyra immediately scowled at it. She looked amazingly attractive, this was true, and yet Kyra was getting a little mad at it for whatever the reason. Overdressing . She said in her head.

Jaejoong gave her a once over as if it was just a normal set of clothes on her. “Okay you look fine, now can we please go. I don’t need Yunho on my for you not being able to ever be ready on time.” He scolded. Jang Mi pouted and apologized. When she turned and looked at Kyra she smirked.

“Oh! Good Morning Hana. Don’t I look like the perfect representative for our Master?” She gave a little twirl. Jaejoong swung his head in Kyra’s direction surprise showing on his face for a moment before he cracked a smile at her.

This is just asking to be pushed down the spiral staircase.She gave Jang Mi a once over. No way I’m letting her know she looks good. “Yeah, if that representation was for easy cheap gold digging I say you hit it spot on. Good job.” The first part she said with a mock complimenting voice and the last part was oozing with sarcasm as she turned around and made her way to the stairwell to head down to the first floor. She laughed at Jang Mi’s verbal abuse and Jaejoong telling her to shut because everyone else was still sleeping. Today was starting off great.

Kyra made her way into the dining hall and was surprised to see Yunho, the other vampires and four housekeepers eating breakfast together and having a pretty decent time. They all turned to look at her and suddenly she was well aware at how inappropriately dressed she was. She blushed and greeted them, happy that at least her hair wasn’t a mess. They all; with the exception of Changmin and the girl she fought with, greeted her in return. Bomi and the girl she remembered was called Kuda, were the only faces she actually recognized there. She awkwardly made her way to the kitchen, glad that they finally decided to have cereal available, and pour herself a bowl of the sugar frosted corn flakes. Once she came back out they told her to grab a chair and sit with them. Jaejoong and Jang Mi had joined the group, and although she was reluctant to do so, she did and took notice to how they were all dressed.

 All the girls were dressed up similarly to Jang Mi, and the boys were in these formal looking black suits with their schools insignia on the left pocket in blue and silver, along with neatly tucked dark blue ties.

“Why do you guys have a uniform for College?” She blurted out.

“It’s a thing the school does the first day. We don’t question it, but we never have to wear it again after that.” Junsu answered.

“And why are the girls so…dressed up?”

“Well it’s similar to what human guys do with their cars. We show off our best looking girls. But instead of us showing off how rich we are, we show of who has the better taste in foreign housekeepers. The Female Vampires do the same as well.” Yoochun said with a chuckle.

Kyra thought it sounded cool and a little degrading at the same time. The idea of being shown off was awesome in her mind, but being compared to others was a bit of a turn off. Kyra liked that she was her own individual person and didn’t exactly care if she wasn’t the hottest thing on two legs.

Jang Mi then added. “Also whichever house has the best looking girls or guys, hosts the parties. And we usually win that privilege of course.” She flipped her hair after speaking and Kyra mentally rolled her eyes as she ate her cereal.

Junsu noticed the sparks flying between Kyra and Jang Mi and nudged Yoochun to pay attention to the way they were staring each other down.

“Jang Mi, Hana can you please stop.” Jaejoong said with a sigh.

Jang Mi huffed. “As you wish Master. But is everyone just about done? She’s ruining the vibe with her attire.” Kuda chuckled and high-fived her friend. Kyra rolled her eyes and took another spoonful of cereal, using whatever willpower she had in her to not throw it at her.

Junsu decided to respond to Jang Mi. He was never really fond of the girl’s personality. “And yet the only reason you are a part of this ‘vibe’ is because Hana doesn’t want to go. Jaejoong didn’t pick you as a first choice; you’re only the back up. And remember you’re only meant to be seen not heard so please, stop it with your dominance drama. We have enough of that already.”

Jang Mi didn’t know where to put her face after that. Jaejoong sighed and shut his eyes. “Junsu, my darling sweet Junsu, why would you go and start this?” Yoochun snickered and hid his face behind his hands. Yunho just spectated the entire time, talking to Changmin from time to time. Kyra tried her hardest to not laugh, so she turned her attention to Bomi.

“You look absolutely gorgeous Bomi. Definitely going to wow them all.” Bomi blushed deeply and Kyra made her way into the kitchen. Once she did she  and shut the door she erupted in laughter, not caring if anyone heard her or not. She relished the look on Jang Mi’s face and had a new found respect for Junsu. “Oh this is going to be a good day I can feel it. All I need to see is that Alexandria is okay, and help her through this tough time she was sure to be having.” As she finished washing her dish and spoon she thought about how to best handle the situation. When she came back out into the dining hall, she found herself alone and before going to her sister’s room; she decided to fix up the tables and chairs before leaving. Once she was done she began to feel a bit nervous. “I wonder how she is going to handle this… and if she is even okay.”

 

-----------

Posted: Originally 3/9/2012 Reposted: 3/13/2012

If you aren't a new reader, and you're wondering which chapter is the actual update its 29.