Chapter 4: Tall, Pale and... Beautiful

Unwillingly Yours

"Wow!" Kyra exclaimed as she walked into her room. She was like a kid on Christmas. She had a full sized bed, a vanity, a Dresser and a small walk in closet, as well as her own bathroom. She slept on a pull out bed at home so her mom could have her own space, so this was pretty much her first bedroom that she's had since she was little. She turned to talk to Myorin, but she just seemed indifferent about everything, so her expression just dropped "Sorry about that." She said bashfully.

"Don't be. I should be the one apologizing to you since there is nothing I can do to help you." And Before Kyra could say anything Myorin walked off.

"What did she mean by that?" She spoke to herself. She looked at her bags and suitcases on the floor and thought it would be wise to unpack as much as she could today because she might be working the next day. Sighing she began to her bags and get settled in.

 

--------------------------------------------------

 

She was down to her last three suitcases when Jaejoong popped his head in and knocked on her door. He was pleased to find her putting her things away. "Kyra?"

Her head popped up and she gave him a goofy smile but quickly stood up. "Uh, H-Hi Jaejoong... sir... um yeah.” She forced herself to look to the ground because staring at him made her brain destroy itself along with her ability to speak. He laughed at her flustered demeanor, and she blushed at the sound of his laugh. It was adorable. She would officially never be able to look him in the face without dying on the inside each and every time.

"Well I am glad to see you settling in already. Ah... I feel sort of bad for interrupting you, but I'm here to give you a little tour of my Wing of the house, since it's where you'll be at the most anyways. “She blushed at that. Her mind was being dirty but she quickly pushed the thoughts into the back of her mind. He laughed at her again, and she could only imagine that it was from her facial expression.

"I'll also take you to the dining and break areas we have around here. So if you don't mind... please follow me." He didn't even have to ask, she was sure she would have followed him regardless. He was in slippers, jeans and a black v neck t-shirt, all the boys were dressed similarly, some in jeans and others in sweats. It kind of made her outfit seem like a bit too much. "Uhm. E-excuse me... but do you mind if I change into something a little more comfortable?" She looked at the black and white marble flooring bashfully.

"Oh of course no problem." He gave her a reassuring smile.

"Great. One sec then." and she ran back into her room. Never had she ever slipped out of her clothes so fast. She settled on gray yoga pants, running shoes and her own black V-neck tee. It fit a little snugly, but she for some reason felt a little flirtatious. Kyra then came back into the hall. She heard Jaejoong speak. "Wow." But she pretended she didn't hear it so she wouldn't make an even bigger fool out of herself. "So where are we headed to first?" She asked as they started to walk down the hall. Her room was on the third floor next to a few others. "Why don't we go up to the 5th floor to my study and then work our way down?" He offered. She nodded and simply responded "Kay." And so began the tour of the wonderful Eastern House.

 

------------------------------

 

So far she had been to his study, which had a grand piano, a fire place, and an entire wall of books behind a nice sized desk and chair. There was also a black leather couch off to the east wall. It was very... intimate and cozy, even for its large size. There was also, his bedroom which made Kyra's seem like a little doll house replica. He had a Canopy California King sized bed, which was all black, a fire place, a dining area, a 62' flat screen on the wall opposite of his bed, a huge walk in closet, and two bathrooms. One was a normal bathroom with a shower and tub in one. The other bathroom was extravagant. It had four connected sinks on one side; a cushioned black and white bench on the opposite side, in the other part of the bathroom was a floor to ceiling mirror and a hot tub that looked as if it sat eight people at one time comfortably. At this point we were at the balcony/deck which you got to through his bedroom. It overlooked the woods and lake behind the mansion and in the distance were the mountains. It was breathtaking to see. There was even a porch swing with a canopy, as well as two chairs and a table. It seemed like the perfect place to clear your hear or just read.

"Wow Mr. Kim, everything is just so... wonderful."

"Please call me Jaejoong for now, it seems more natural." He didn't look at her, but he still smiled as he leaned on the balcony. "It looks beautiful in the fall. You should definitely come out here when the leaves change their colors. Summer break is almost over anyway, so you won't have to wait long. But how about we stop for lunch? Have you eaten yet?"

Kyra thought about this for a moment. "No, not since the night before I left for here. I was too nervous to do so." She bashfully admitted.

"Well then, we can't have you starving yourself now can we?" He smiled at her, and the butterflies in her stomach came to life. His smile made her feel dumb. Her boss was gorgeous. How lucky was she. She found herself staring at him like a dumbfounded idiot again and apologized. This caused him to laugh, and she had to suppress the sigh that wanted to follow. This was bad. She shouldn't be like this with him. He was her boss for goodness sakes.

"Shall we go then?" He asked with a smirk on his face.

"Sure, why not." she said, and he turned to walk back in side, chuckling and shaking his head. Kyra never felt stupider in her life than she did today. She thought about her mom, who was probably sleeping right now. She was 14 hours ahead of her time zone wise, so she thought it would be best to not bother her today. She left a message for her anyway on the airport payphone, so she knew she landed safe regardless.

----------------------------------

The food was nothing like she thought it would be. It wasn't like the food she would get while she was in school. She didn't know why she automatically assumed it would be like that, but it wasn't. It was all gourmet, and done by personal Chefs. Jaejoong didn't eat with her, but she didn't mind, her stomach had let her have her fun undisturbed and now it demanded attention and satisfaction. And boy was it more than satisfied. While she ate, Jaejoong asked her what she thought about everything and asked a little about her. He found out where she was from, her past job experiences that she lived with her mom, and she had other siblings that were with her father, but she rarely ever saw them. He also found out that she dyed her hair its color and that it wasn't natural. She was a breath of fresh air in this place, but he wondered how long that would last. Glancing around the dining area he noticed the slightly solemn stares at him and the new girl. Others were envious and some were even happy. You could tell who the newer ones were by their expressions. Kyra didn't seem to notice them; she was fixated on the person in front of her. She was interrupted by Changmin who popped up behind Jaejoong and whispered something into his ear. He didn't even Acknowledge Kyra's presence and she felt like she was intruding even if it was him who cut in on their conversation.

"Really? Alright fine, no problem." He sighed. "I'm sorry to have to cut this pleasant visit short, but there are some matters I need to attend to. You don't mind if we continue this later do you?” He put on his charming smile, and even if she selfishly did have a problem with it, she knew she was in no place to voice so. “Oh sure, not a problem of course. I still have to unpack anyways. Thank you for showing me around." She smiled at him and her gaze wandered up and over to the towering Changmin who was staring at her oddly. She dropped her gaze almost immediately.

"Do you need someone to you back to your room?" Changmin asked suddenly causing her to jump and answer quickly." Oh! No that’s okay, I think I remember the path, thank you." She smiled at him now, but he just brushed her off.

"Okay then, let’s go Hyung."

Sighing slightly Jaejoong got up, leaning over towards her slightly. She didn't notice it till now, but he smelled really good and had to control herself to not take in a huge whiff of whatever he was wearing.

"Until next time Kyra.” He bowed slightly and she impulsively did the same thing, and he walked off. She along with the other girls in the room stared off at the duo. When they were gone all eyes we back on her and she felt so uncomfortable that her appetite dissipated. And with that she decided to see if she really knew the way to her room after she tossed her food out. On her way out she heard the hushed whispers of some of the girls, things like. "Poor girl, I feel bad for her, another one caught under their spell, lucky , She looks easy" Reached her ears, but she decided to pay them no mind. She wasn't really here to make friends anyway. It was all about saving up to get a better life back in the states. "Now where is that set of stairs...?” She murmured to herself.
 

 

-------------------

Posted: 2/23/2012

Woohoo! four chapters in one night, I am thinking about doing my fifth one and calling it a night. Its already 1:43 as I'm getting ready to post this one up, and I hope you like it. Things should be getting more interesting from here on out, so please feel free to leave some comments. I hope you enjoy <3