Chapter 32: Feelings

Unwillingly Yours

 

Kyra’s heart dropped into her stomach the minute she laid eyes on Jaejoong, and she felt like she wanted to puke at what she was seeing.

“Well then I guess I was wrong. Looks like he’s not interested in Jang Mi after all. Either that or he’s a player.” Alexandria said as she climbed out the car, linking her arm through Changmins.

Pushing whatever emotions she felt into the back of her mind she pretended that the scene in front of her didn’t bother her. Once the vampires pulled away from Jaejoong she turned to face them.

“So Im assuming that one right there is Hana right?” She pointed at Kyra.

“Yes. That’s her.”

“Wow she’s really beautiful. That’s going to put a definite snag in the other boy’s plans.” Suhee said with a chuckle.  Kyra stared at her with no expression. On the outside she just seemed calm, but on the inside, she was raging. She didn’t know why, but the fact that this had the audacity to even kiss him annoyed her. And yet, she realized Jaejoong didn’t even bother pushing her away.

“Well I’ll be seeing you in class.” She said caressing Jaejoong’s cheek.

“Well. I guess I was wrong too Hyung. That’s why you rushed off so early this morning. It was to see your lover.” Changmin said.

The word lover made Kyra’s heart twinge and she felt like crying. But what did she expect from Jaejoong really? She shouldn’t be mad because he was never interested in her the way she was beginning to be interested in him and yet, she felt like she was justified in feeling that way.

“That’s exactly right Changmin.” Jaejoong said, breaking Kyra’s heart even more.  He stared at her the entire time he spoke. “Wow. You look absolutely stunning Hana.”

Kyra felt like puking and swallowed the hard knot in as she spoke, her voice cracking at first. “T-Thank you Master Jaejoong.” There was no actual emotion in her voice, and everyone seemed to stare at her with a bit of concern.

“Not to be rude Jaejoong. But exactly how many chicks are you boning right now?” Alexandria said suddenly, earning a few gasps and wide stares. Changmin shook his head and laughed some.

“A-Alexandria I don’t even know where to begin on explaining just how inappropriate that was.”

Jaejoong looked at Alexandria icily. “None.” He said, and Changmin pulled her away from the crowd. “See you all inside.” He said. Alexandria waved to her sister, and she waved back.

Yunho stared at Jaejoong with narrow eyes, causing him to sigh.  Yunho gave him that ‘We’ll talk later face.’ As he walked off, the others following in suit, leaving Kyra and him standing there alone. Her heart didn’t beat quickly, but it thumped loudly against her chest. Each beat was more painful than the last and she had to clench her teeth to stop her eyes from watering. This was going to be a long day by the looks of it.

                                   ----------------Jaejoong----------------

Jaejoong didn’t exactly process Suhee kissing him simply because he was taken aback by the girl behind her. Kyra looked absolutely stunning today and he was totally engrossed in everything about her. He almost panicked when he realized she was seeing them kiss, but she didn’t seem to be bothered at all by it. He could see why Changmin would like Alexandria as she opened to speak. There was definitely a huge similarity of the bluntness and harshness of their words, but when Alexandria said things, it irked him. So while he would have laughed it off or bantered on with his Hana, he gave her sister an icy stare, which made Changmin very defensive of her and extracted her from the situation immediately. Yunho then began to grill him. Obviously he was upset with what he just saw, but it was a huge misunderstanding on their part. He knew he would owe everyone a huge explanation later on today and he sighed inwardly at the thought of it.

He stared in awe at his pet. His Hana. She was beautiful, with the way her hark hair was styled, the way the curls fell, how much her gorgeous eyes stood out against the little bit of makeup she had. And the dress. The dress looked as if it was tailored to fit her. It was snug towards the top, and clung to her small waist just right before draping down right above her calves. They had a nice shape to them in those heels. He was left a bit speechless and she stirred something inside him, but she seemed detached, or rather, she seemed aloof. He felt like he should explain, or do something but for some reason or another he couldn’t bring himself to speak. Instead he extended his arm out to her and she took it without saying anything and he began to walk into the crowd of people, not really speaking to anymore, but letting people stare at what was his, and she did get a lot of attention, how could she not? Her eye color, and her shape they demanded your attention. Jaejoong felt a little smug, proud and possessive at the same time. He enjoyed others looking at her in awe or with dirty looks, but at the same time, he didn’t feel like these people deserved to see her. It was a little foreign to him to be feeling this way, but it felt right.

“About earlier I-”

Kyra cut him off. “You don’t need to explain yourself Master Jaejoong. What you do with anyone that isn’t me, my friends or my sister is none of my concern.” Her words were short and cold. He felt a little irritated by her response, but he didn’t dwell on the topic anymore.

“Fair enough. Since you are new, you’ll actually be attending a four hour class unlike most of the other girls.”

“A class for what?”

“You’ll see once you get there.” He said with a smile.

“Alright.” She sighed, ending the conversation immediately. Jaejoong felt weird. This wasn’t how today was supposed to go. She was supposed to be excited and asking questions. He wanted to fix it, but he didn’t know how. It didn’t matter however, because the bell rang, and everyone started entering the large building. Jaejoong ended up walking next to Changmin. Changmin never spoke to him, but he was however speaking to Alexandria who had a ton of questions. This made Jaejoong a little more than envious, because while he wanted to have this kind of conversation with Kyra, she was quiet as a mouse and looked bored.  It was a huge disappointment. Once they reached a modest sized room which was set up like a high class restaurant the two vampires bid their girls goodbye and made their way to their classes. Changmin went one way and Jaejoong went the other.

 Jaejoong sighed as he made his way to his Independence class. The whole point of it was to teach you the basic essentials for being on your own after you became a full-fledged vampire. Although now it was more common for groups to stay together even after graduating from their fledgling school, it was an essential class for everyday life. Almost all vampires took up jobs afterwards to occupy themselves. It wasn’t for the money exactly, unless you came from a middle class family, but it was for the sake of something to do. This class was also tied into their other class which was all about their Blood Thralls, which was a Victorian term, derived from the Scandinavian word for slave. Jaejoong preferred to call them pets, as did many others. They went through the purpose, the bonds and everything in between, and eventually when you were a fifth year fledgling you were taught how to survive off one single Blood Thrall. Once he reached his classroom he took his seat with in the same row as his housemates and waited for class to begin. Just as he suspected they were going to interrogate him.

“So you mine explaining that little stunt outside?” Yunho asked harshly.

“I didn’t do anything Yunho.”

“That sure didn’t look like nothing.”

“Well guess what it wasn’t.”

“So why was it that you told Changmin you had somewhere to be this morning?” Junsu asked from the end of the table.

Jaejoong sighed. “It was to talk to Suhee.”

“About what exactly?” Asked Yoochun. “And how much talking was actually done?”

“About us.”

“What about ‘you.’” Changmin asked.

“I basically tried breaking it off with her; I wasn’t really in the mood for dealing with her this term.” He waited for the accusations, but their professor walked in, ending the conversation abruptly. Jaejoong tried hard to focus on learning, but his thoughts kept going towards the beautiful girl that did something to him.

                                                --------------------------------

Kyra had explained to her sister that absolutely nothing happened and she just left it alone. When Alexandria vocalized her disappointment with the situation she asked her older sister how she felt. Kyra told her the same exact thing she told Jaejoong earlier. It was none of her business and she didn’t care. Her sister was disappointed again but she left it alone since a few other girls walked in, as well as four boys. Eventually a woman in her mid-twenties walked in and approached a podium. She introduced herself and explained what their whole point for being here was.

“Hello everyone, you may refer to me is Madame Ahn. I am pretty sure you are all wondering what it is you are doing here.” She said as she looked over at everyone’s faces. “Well today, you will be learning a lot about your Masters and Mistresses and even a little bit about your purpose here. We have four hours here of explaining and understanding to do, so we should make the most of that short amount of time while we can.”

She said as she made her way to the light switches, turning off the lights, and using a small remote to turn on her projectors.

“She thinks four hours is a short amount of time?” Kyra said in exasperation.

“I just graduated high school and this woman thinks I want to sit here and learn more ?” Alexandria whispered with a huff. They stopped talking once she started with her explanation. On the screen played a video. The open title came on the screen in script which read. ‘THE HISTORY OF THE MODERN VAMPIRE” the narrator began to talk and the image of a single celled organism was shown wiggling and writhing on screen.

“This is the Sanguine Bacillus. Its literal translation means Bloodthirsty Stick. It is named such due to the bacteria’s rod like appearance and its ability to ingest the red blood cells in your body. This is the parasitic bacteria feeds on its hosts blood nonstop until eventually no blood is left in the body. The bacteria however, have evolved to combat this issue of killing off their host by eventually being able to navigate their way to the brain, inducing the desire and craving for blood.

Over a long period of time, those infected with the bacteria were given the ability to grow sharp fangs with needle thin tips to make puncture in the skin to make the blood drawing process easier and more efficient. Although this was efficient, over the centuries, those infected were hunted; easily singled out for their noticeable fangs. To combat this, the infected, known today as Vampires, developed a type of camouflage. Instead of growing out sharp full fangs, they instead grew thin, sharp retractable fanglike coverings over their teeth, which appeared in response to hunger, and disappeared once that response was gone. The colors of the Iris in the eyes also respond to hunger as well as extreme anger, and this 'Vampire eye" comes in a vast range of colors. There have been many myths and misconceptions surrounding vampires, and one of them is that they aren’t living, and are in fact the undead. The truth of the matter is they are living. Vampires aren’t dead, or those who come back from the dead. They are living, breathing beings with a heartbeat. What makes them different is the bacteria itself, which although may seem like a terrible curse, it actually has some outstanding qualities. Those subjected to the infection, heal quickly, and develop special hormones in their saliva as well as a coagulant that can stop the blood from a bite from leaking. Their physical capabilities surpass that of normal human beings, Having superior senses, as well as speed and strength. Another interesting effect is that once the body makes it to the age of twenty-five, all signs of aging cease.

There is a chemical reaction that occurs in the bacteria which allows it to constantly repair skin, organs and joints to an eternal youthful stage. They also harden the bones to nearly unbreakable extremes. Another peculiar phenomenon is the infected developing hypersensitivity to sunlight, which can actually scald the skin, burning it as if the victim were set on fire. However if a Vampire were to actually get set on fire, and managed to put the flames out, they would be able to completely heal themselves within a span of at least seven days. This is because of the natural infrared radiation given off by the sun’s rays. Once absorbed into the skin of a new vampire, it causes the bacteria, to heat up rapidly, burning its host from the inside out. However, as a vampire ages, they start to develop a gradual resistance to the sun’s rays. This nonetheless does not give the vampire full immunity to the sunlight’s effects. The most a vampire can spend in pure sunlight is approximately five to six hours. Weather anomalies, such as overcast skies, can extend this limit up to an hour. A solar eclipse negates the adverse effects all together.

The bacteria are also affected by the magnetism of the moon. Vampires seem to even more physically capable during a crescent moon, and weaker during a full moon. No one understands why this is, but the effects are obvious and at full strength when the moon is at its highest point in the sky. In an attempt to prevent interbreeding with humans, the bacteria has even developed to go as far as modifying the makeup of the ual reproductive cells necessary for creating life. In simple terms it means a human cannot impregnate or become impregnated by a Vampire. It is because of this, that younger vampires tend to only have ual relations with human blood donors. Also known as Blood Thralls, these are humans who live with the vampires, providing a constant source of sustenance. Male vampires typically have female thralls, while Female vampires tend to typically have male thralls. When a vampire is ready to start a family, the child is born human.

 Although they are born with the bacteria, it lies dormant for roughly the first twenty years of life. Parents usually introduce thralls to their children at a young age, referring to them as stay at home playmates, until they reach their teens and are told the truth. After the twentieth year, the bacteria suddenly come to life, and within a few excruciatingly painful hours a fledgling is born. It is around this time, for the first year as a fledgling, that they crave the most amount of blood and this is when the purpose of a Blood Thrall comes to light, and is why most fledglings typically have up to six thralls at a time. It isn’t very common, but it is very possible after the first year is over, that a bond develops between Thrall and Vampire. This is usually a hormonal indication that the Thrall may actually be able to be turned into a fledgling, which widens the gene pool. Thanks to the advancements in modern medicine it is indeed possible for those who develop said bond to be injected with the bacteria and survive the carnage it does to the body, but it is very rare, and eighty-seven percent of the time ends fatally. This is why most vampires realistically choose to have serious relationships with one another rather than with their Thralls, however socially it is looked down upon to develop a bond with a Thrall, being that their main purpose is a consistent source of food. As a vampire gets older, their need for a copious amount of thralls is to satisfy their hunger diminishes, and by the time they reach adulthood, it is common for them to only remain with one or two thralls. We hope this film has been able to enlighten you on your situation at hand. We also hope you come to understand that your time living is also very limited and that you do your best to make sure that once your Masters and Mistresses reach adulthood, they choose to keep you around rather than eliminate you. Thank you for watching.” The screen then went black.

“What in the actual did we just watch?” Kyra sad quietly and suddenly to her sister who stared at the screen in a bit of a daze.

“Alex!” She whispered loudly, shoving her sister to snap her out of her trance.

“Huh? What?” She said suddenly alert.

Kyra sighed. “You didn’t pay attention at all did you?”
Alexandria yawned. “Kyra I barely understood half the that was said in there, nor do I actually care. Sheesh it’s so boring here.”

Suddenly the vampires spoke to them. “Thank you for your time, refreshments are in the Cafeteria down this hall and to the left, make sure you eat because you masters and mistresses will be coming for lunch in half an hour.” She then exited the room. Kyra looked around at the other people in the room. Some people were sleeping, others looked scared or confused and others were bored.

“Sis, let’s go eat.  I am absolutely starving right now.”

Nodding Kyra, got up with her sister and stretched, making her way to the lunch room, interlocking arms with the younger girl.

                                            --------------------------------------------

In exactly a half hours’ time, there was a ringing of the bell and what seemed like the entire school was in the cafeteria which was approximately five hundred students. Kyra felt nervous. She hadn’t seen Jaejoong all day, and she felt odd about being around him, especially after everything that she just learned. It was all still sinking in and she didn’t really know how to feel about it. However, once she did manage to spot Jaejoong walking over with the other vampires of the household and the three girls, she could feel her heart begin to race.  The way he moved was hypnotizing to Kyra, and the way he laughed with his friends made her stomach knot up. Why was she torturing herself like this? It was after she asked herself this question that Jaejoong turned his head in her direction, locking eyes with her and holding her gaze.  She controlled herself from reacting, for whatever the reason, but she felt that acting as detached as possible was the best way to deal with this situation, whatever it was. Once they reached the table, Jaejoong took a seat next to Kyra, and Changmin took a seat next to Alexandria. The others did the same and their conversation continued. Kyra didn’t hear a word over the sound of her heart beating in her ears.

“Hello lover.” A familiar voice called out, silencing the loud beating in her head. Everyone’s attention turned to Suhee who was standing behind Jaejoong, which sent sparks of anger throughout Kyra.

“Can we help you Ma’am?” Alexandria chimed in flatly.

Kyra adjusted herself to see the scene unfold.

“Who are you?”

You can call me Haneul. You can also direct yourself back to where you came from because you’re interrupting their feeding time.”

Kyra tried her hardest to not grin. She enjoyed the look of disbelief on the Vampiresses face.
“Excuse me, but I suggest you not only watch your tone, but that you keep out of business that doesn’t concern you.”

“Look lady. I don’t know you, but I live in this household. This is my business, and you preventing this vampire from eating his lunch is only going to make it harder on the girl sitting next to him when he does feed.” She pointed at Kyra.

“Listen you little , you’re new so I’ll explain something to you. If you continue to come out of your face to me like that I will make sure the rest of your days here will be a living hell, and it might be a short lived hell if you push the right buttons.”

Changmin was going to confront her but Kyra spoke up before he could.

“And you listen here you bigger . If you so much as look too hard at my little sister I swear to ing God I will take my shoes off and impale your eye balls into my heels. You might be new to the concept of psychotically over protective older sister, but if you continue to come out your face like that I will tie you up drag you outside by your hair and leave you in the sunlight, making you go through a decently long lived hell once, before you get sent there for eternity. Do I make myself ing clear?” she hissed, staring straight into the females eyes as she spoke.

As she started to say something, she locked eyes with Jaejoong who was giving her a facial warning to not say another word, shut and stormed off.

“Well aren’t you two just the most absolutely reckless and ballsy sisters I ever did see.” Junsu said.

Kyra shrugged. “No one gets away with calling my sister a except for me.”

Alexandria grinned widely. “Right back at you Kyra.”

“Like I said earlier, there is no doubt that these two are related.” Yoochun said with a chuckle. Yunho was off in his own little bubble feeding, and soon everyone else started to do the same. Jaejoong looked at Kyra and there was an awkwardness in the air between then, but when he cracked a smile at her, she couldn’t help but feel her pulse race. As he started to say something she intervened.

“Can you just feed already so we can get this over with? It’s been a long day and the longer you wait the antsier I get.”

Jaejoong sighed and nodded, straddling the bench and waited for her to do the same. Thankfully her hair was done in such a way that he didn’t need to push it to one side as he brought her close, and began to neck to get her pulse racing, and a blush on her face before he sunk his teeth into her and as he fed from her he began to ask himself questions.

How can I fix this and make you smile again?

Kyra whimpered in pain. There was no lightheaded feeling, and she was pretty much conscious the entire time. She was used to the feeling of it by now, but it felt very off for her to be in a public place like this. She felt vulnerable and exposed for some reason, and instinctively pushed herself back against Jaejoong who held her steady with his arms wrapped around her waist.
Why do I feel like crying all of a sudden? She asked herself.

Because you have feelings for Jaejoong.Her subconscious answered.

Sighing inwardly she responded to herself. As much as I would love to just deny it forever think that this might actually be it. But it doesn’t matter. He has someone already, and there is no chance in hell that he would ever feel the same way about me so why would I even bother?

At the same time Jaejoong was having a similar conversation with himself. Although I’m not sure, if what Yunho said in class is true, then maybe I do have feelings for her. But regardless if I do or not, it’s not right and she would never return my affections towards me. Maybe I should just reconsider my arrangement with Suhee…

 

 

-------------------

 

Posted: 3/16/2012

Okay so I've literally broken night, and say and now its pushing noon. I felt bad to leave things off the way I did. So I typed the entire chapter out in about... two maybe three hours? I actually got the chance to not be distracted at around nine this morning. so yeah about three hours. ANYWAYS. this chapter... has  A LOT of information. I kind of created my own version of vampires since I checked around and didn't see it. SO IM CLAIMING IT. I AM COPYRIGHTING THIS FORM OF VAMPIRE. DO NOT STEAL OR USE WITHOUT MY CONESNT. lol. But anyways. HERE IS YOUR UPDATE. I THINK I AM GOING TO DIE NOW. also. to answer your question:

 NO SUHEE DIDNT DO IT ON PURPOSE. She didn't even know who Hana was, let alone that she was the one that Jae might be liking. she just wants Jaejoong. Okay no. She actually did it to try and make Yunho jealous. SPOILER lol. 

So anyways I might even update later on again today but... if anything about the whole vampite thing CONFUSES YOU. please LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS OKAY? thansk for reading and I will see you in the next update~