Chapter 20: Condemning My Sister at Our Reunion

Unwillingly Yours

 

Kyra stared in disbelief as she found out she would be working the breakfast, lunch and dinner rushes with Jaejoong. 

“My, are you always so pleasant in the morning?” He chuckled as he scrambled a large pan of eggs, seasoning them with salt and pepper before he continued teasing her. “You must be if you bashed the cook’s nose in with a cutting board.”

Kyra’s jaw dropped slightly and for a moment she had to think hard about a comeback. When nothing came to her, she sighed in defeat and walked up to him. “What do you need me to do?”

“Oh, where’s your fire today Hana? Don’t tell me you’ve used it all up.” He kept verbally poking and prodding at her and dumped the cooked eggs into one of three large bowls.

“So what happened to the chef? “ She asked watching as he cracked six more eggs into the pan and changed the subject.

“We fired him.” He said simply.

“For what?” Kyra asked, shocked by the sudden turn of events. “He was just doing his job and I’m the one that hit him.”

“Yes, but there have been some previous conduct issues, you just brought him to us quicker and in a worse state than we hired him in.” He lied, but smirked.

“Oh…”She Kyra said and looked at the bowl of yummy smelling eggs.

“So what I need you to do is to get the bacon from the refrigerator that I’ve had thawing out for a little bit. After I’m done with these eggs, I’ll need you to take them out and put them on the table.” The way every meal was served was buffet style and out in the open.

Sighing and suddenly feeling very tired  Kyra dragged her feet as she made her way towards what she assumed was the fridge, but it wasn’t. It was an oven and she was slapped in the face by intense heat as she got close to it.

“Don’t touch that. That’s the oven and it’s got bread in there.”

“What kind of oven is fashioned to look and open like a fridge?” She asked a bit baffled by it.

“One that needs to make enough bread for thirty girls. The fridge is up against the wall behind me.”

She said nothing and made her way to the fridge and pulled out the bacon, not even bothering to look at what else was in it.  She plopped the large package of bacon onto the counter top. She noticed Jaejoong had finished making the eggs and she picked up the still hot bowl and made her way to the serving table. Kyra had on a serious poker face and once she walked out of the kitchen she made a mad dash for the table placing the bowl on as quickly and carefully as she could and silently cursed at herself, distorting her face in pain and waving her hands around like a crazy flightless bird. As she continued to do this she turned around only to be greeted by a snickering  Jaejoong. Oh God why? Why would you come out now of all times? Embarrassment flooded her entire being.

“I was going to tell you to at least wrap a towel around the bowl before you grabbed it you know, but you were gone before I could say it. So Uhm.” He started chuckling again. “You…uh…okay?” He covered his mouth with his hand as he tried to unsuccessfully stifle his laugh.

“Glad I could be entertaining for you at my expense.” She huffed. Jaejoong stared at her oddly as she said that.

“What? Is it suddenly not funny?” She said in a flat tone. Jaejoong shook his head at her.

“No. That was pretty hilarious.” He’d never admit to her that it brought him back to the man who dared to try and verbally degrade her. He didn’t understand how, but it angered him a little more than it should have.

“So then what is it?” She asked tilting her head and making an annoyed face.

“Don’t worry about it.” He said with a grin and before walking back into the kitchen he changed the subject. “Are your hands okay?”

Her attention immediately went to her hands which didn’t sting anymore. “Oh. Uhm. Yeah, yeah they are actually.”

“Good.” He said and smiled at her. “Then let’s get back to work you slacker.” And he disappeared into the kitchen.  Kyra’s eyes went wide and then narrowed into tiny irritated slits. “Oh he is so asking for me to accidently shove him into the scalding hot oven.” She huffed and dragged her feet as she walked back inside.

                                             -------------------------------------------------

The rest of breakfast preparations were in Kyra’s mind, interesting to say the least. There was an incident with the pancake batter that had her heart in a flutter still to this very moment. He went to put his batter covered finger on her nose and she got it on her lips instead as she tried to avoid it. She thought he was going to try and attempt to it off, because he was moving close to her, so to avoid a replay from the last ‘Breakfast time with the blood face er’ she instead her lips quickly. Jaejoong laughed at her semi-permanent blush plastered on her face. She was annoyed by it, and he kept finding ways to make it come back, or to make her heart race. 

Eventually much to her joy it was over and she was dismissed. By that time people were already downstairs and eating. How long was I in there with Jaejoong for? She asked herself. She got a few stares and double takes as people saw her walking out of the kitchen. She was a bit of a mess, slightly sweaty her pajamas were stained a little and her hair wasn’t as neat as it would have normally been. What made it worse was that Jaejoong had walked out right behind her. Now the look on the girls faces were full of assumptions. Kyra sighed, not even wanting to deal with explaining herself and made her way out of the dining hall with Jaejoong not too far behind. As she made her way out into the foyer, she ran for the spiral stairs that led straight to her floor, wanting badly to just avoid Jaejoong entirely because of the way he was making her feel and how much he was annoying her, and now she was going to have to deal with rumors that her and Jaejoong were being unholy in the kitchen around their precious food. By the time she made it upstairs she was surprised and baffled to find Yunho standing by her door and she assumed that he was waiting for her.

“Oh there you are Kyra…Or Hana as I’ve been informed. I’m going to need you to forget not worry about getting dressed right this second and follow me into the West Wing please. I have someone here to measure you for your uniforms waiting in my study.” He said and started walking towards her.  

Kyra was stuttering and tripping over her words. As she turned around and followed Yunho she found herself able to speak again. “Wait isn’t that supposed to be for tomorrow Master Yunho?” She asked, the formal title speech kicking in automatically.

“Yes, but we have to new arrivals that will be here in about fifteen maybe twenty minutes and we want you to be the one to take them to their rooms, since you’re the only one who doesn’t have an actual schedule.”

“Oh... Okay.” Kyra said as they entered Yunho’s Study. Inside was a short, wrinkly old woman with a dress rack full of clothes of the same style in probably every size ever made. She heard the door shut, and Noticed Yunho left her in the room alone with the woman.

“Strip down to your underwear so I can get the right sizes.” She said in a snappish voice, not wasting any time.

Kyra was about to, but she then realized something a little embarrassing. “Uhm… can I just run to my room really quickly?”

“Why?” The old lady snapped.

“Im not wearing any underwear.” She said bashfully.

The old lady looked as though she was going to have a heart attack and told her in a soft stutter “G-go ahead. But make it quick.”

Kyra nodded and then ran to her room as quick as she could and before she left, she took her hair down from its pony-tail and did a half assed job of brushing it out so that it looked decent enough. When she was satisfied with at least that much, she ran back into the hallway, completely ignoring the fact that she forgot her pants in her room. It didn’t really matter if she had them on or not anyways since she’d be in the uniform. That was until Yoochun walked through the doors of Yunho’s study causing the both of them to go wide eyed in shock. “Y-Yoochun turn around and close your eyes!” Kyra shouted as she pulled her shirt down in the front to her shirt and rushed past him as the vampire did as he was asked even though he didn’t need to be since he was already doing it. However being a male, he peeked through his fingers to see Kyra’s round bottom before it disappeared behind Yunho’s closed door. He sighed in exasperation and looked up at the ceiling. “Why didn’t I take her for myself? “He said and sighed. He’d come back to get her later. They had to go over the basic rules of how to deal with the situation.

                                        --------------------------------------------------------

Kyra stared at herself in the mirror in her housekeeping uniform which sort of made her feel like one of those girls from the Maid Café, but it wasn’t anything crazily erted, and it fit her just right. It was a three piece set which came with black shoes, and the uniform top and skirt.  There was a knock at the door and the Old Lady told whoever it was to come in. it was Yoochun again, and there was an awkwardness that followed him in that made her cheeks flush and look to the red carpeted flooring. “Well if you’re ready, can you please come with me down stairs so we can walk you through how this is done?”

She nodded and said nothing to him. She turned and thanked the woman for her help and bid her goodbye as the twosome made their way down the stairs in silence. Once they got into the room she was briefed on where she which room was Moksori’s and which one was Myorin’s. Nodding they told her that she was not, under any circumstances allowed to speak about anything she knew, and if she did, they would toss her into the woods with an open wound and send Changmin to play a fatal game of Cat and Mouse with her. Nodding in agreement they dismissed her. She knew they were absolutely serious, especially with Yunho being the one threatening her, and Changmin being the one who they threatened her with. It was a low blow considering the last encounter she had with Changmin almost ended up fatal, but she had to admit that it worked. She was ushered out the room by Yoochun, and told to make herself scarce until she heard them walk into the office area.

She walked into the group lounge area and sat down sighing. As the situation sunk in she began to feel bad. Here she was doing the job Myorin had to do with her on her first day. As much as she would have liked to have helped them, she valued her life a little too much. She heard the Front door open and close as the sound of the Estate Rep and the two girls were heard bantering on about how glamorous the place looked. It reminded her of her first moments in this place and she began to feel sick to her stomach. Once the hall grew quiet again and she heard the door shut, she got up and very slowly made her way back into the foyer. She waited for the Estate Rep to weasel his way out to get her when the girls were distracted with the guys as they ‘debated’ on who was going to get who even though they had an only actual choice of two. One would be lucky enough to end up with Yunho, and the other, had the worst luck in the world.

Once the man came out to get her she glared up at him. “It’s time for you to-” was all he managed to say before Kyra kicked him square in his junk sending him crumpling to the floor. “That’s what you get for doing this to me and the two innocent girls in the room who have no idea that their lives as actual people are over.” She smiled brightly feeling in a really good mood. She stood behind the two girls. One was tall and had black hair. The other had bright fiery candy apple red hair and was about Kyra’s height or maybe a little bit shorter. As the conversation went on and the boys put on their nice face for the girls, Changmin picked the fiery haired girl, while Yunho went for the other one.

“Hana will show you each to your respective rooms and Changmin and I will come find you later after the paperwork is all handled okay?” He gave them a dazzling smile, and she could literally see the two girls swoon. The two girls turned around to look at Kyra after Yunho spoke and they greeted her pleasantly. The Black haired girl had equally dark eyes and very fair skin. The redhead however had a Bright reddish brown which was almost hazel. Kyra found herself looking at her for some reason. The redhead made an offended face when Kyra kept staring and said nothing, and it was when she made that face, that Kyra’s ice blue eyes went wide and she swore her blood ran cold. Her eyes darted to Jaejoong who made his way over to her.

 “Is everything okay Hana?”

“I can’t do this.” She said shaking her head violently.

Jaejoong looked back at the others who had all tensed up. “One second you two, she’s been feeling a little sick recently.” He lied and ushered her out the room, shutting the door. “What’s the matter with you? Why are you doing this now of all times?” He huffed.

“I can’t do this. Please don’t make me do this Jaejoong.” She pleaded, still shaking her head violently. Her pulse was racing and she felt lightheaded.

He sighed. “Why not? You seem really bothered with it, why is that?”

“Because the short one with the red hair.” She said pausing. went dry for a moment and she couldn’t finish her statement.

“Yes, what about her? Is it about Changmin?” He tilted his head.

“That’s my little sister.” She blurted with tears gushing out of her eyes.

 

-------------------

Posted: 3/4/2012

YES. oh my goodness YESSSSS. I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW. 31 subscribers, over 1050 views, and 20 chapters down~ I am so ecstatic right now. I'd like to dedicate this chapter to my 30th subscriber HyeMean. thank you for subscribing and reading <3 I also want to thank each and every one of you who have stayed with me thus far and keep on motivating me to write more. Thank you all :3 I hope you will continue to do so, so please comment and subscribe, I would love to know your opinons and even your suggestions or requests.

Also on a side note. good job to Ashini1997 for figuring out way ahead of time that it would be Kyras sister popping up. Brownie points for you~

See you all in the next chapter~