Chapter 15

Unwillingly Yours

 

Hana was surprisingly in a really great mood after breakfast. As she went back to her room she sat on her bed and sighed. Although her morning was great and full of many positives, she remembered that today they would be holding a funeral of some sort and that did dampen her mood a little bit, but it wasn’t as if it was the end of the world to her. This was a valid reason for everyone to not be all cheerful today, unless they absolutely hated the poor girl, and from the reactions she recalled seeing, she could tell that this was not the case at all. She decided on a simple ensemble. Black dress pants that she often wore to interviews along with black ballet flats and a black dressy V-neck shirt that had a lace trim on its short sleeves. Simple but appropriate. She looked at her hair in the mirror and was only slightly mortified that she forgot to actually brush it out before she left. She went from slightly to fully mortified when she realized that she had spent the morning with Jaejoong. “Oh God.” She whined as she buried her face into her hands to hide her embarrassment from her reflection. She didn’t understand why she even cared that he saw her with frizzy bed head hair. When she looked back up she noticed that it wasn’t actually that bad. The overdramatic female in her did what it would do to any other girl and exaggerate the situation. Why would it do this? Because of a boy. It was always because of a boy. Or in her case a tall, milky skinned, full lipped, killer smile, amazing bodied, chestnut haired and well-dressed vampire.

“Oh god what am I even thinking.” She whined as she began to brush her hair out. “This is not even a remotely appropriate time to be noticing things like that brain. She decided to name more than a few reasons why she didn’t like him so she could ground herself again.

“He’s pompous.” She said out loud to herself. And her subconscious decided to chime in and battle with her.

But he has abs.

“He’s the one who kidnapped me.”

But he has abs.

She brushed her hair harder, yanking some hair out as she detangled it, frustrated that she was arguing with her subconscious.

“He’s a jerk and a stalker.”

But he has abs.

“And he-” She was somehow cut off by her subconscious.  

Abs.It said as the scene of a shirtless Jaejoong walking towards her popped up and played. In slow motion.

Growling in frustration she slammed her hairbrush down onto the vanity’s wooden surface destroying the images and silencing her mind. Sighing she got up, her hair was still a bit poofy, so she went into the bathroom to plug her flat iron it into the outlet buy the sink. The conversation continued with her reflection a few moments later. “Okay so I won’t torture myself by lying and saying he isn’t attractive. But this doesn’t change the fact that I don’t respect him, and that most of the time I can’t stand him. Yoochun on the other hand is pretty cute and not an .” She paused and stared at herself funny. “Am I really discussing the cuteness and personalities of my vampire captors? Pull it together Hana. They’re vampires, and I’m pretty sure they don’t view you as anything more than a walking blood bank.” She wondered to herself then do they even have any…

Squeezing her eyes shut and shaking her head some she dropped the topic in general and just finished doing her hair.  There was a knock at her door when she was half way through. Placing the flat iron on her sink she went to go answer it. “Who is it?”

“It’s me.” The sad sounding Hyosun said trying to sound cheerful, but as Hana opened the door she could see the tear stained cheeks and puffy red eyes of her friend who immediately started sobbing and ran into Hana’s arms.

“Sunny…” She said sadly as she wrapped her arms around her friend and just held her. Hyosun sobbed harder and Hana just told her to let it out, she then repeated the words Hyosun said when everyone was talking about Myorin’s death. “Remember, she’s the lucky one and she doesn’t have to suffer here anymore. I’m sure Yunho made it as painless as possible.” At this point the twosome was sitting on her bed and the girl started wailing. Hana’s heart ached. She wasn’t used to comforting someone who was grieving. Hell she was probably the worst person to deal with it, considering what she did to her room.

“But K-Kyra. You don’t understand.” She stuttered, as her body heaved.

Hana made a face at her friend’s misidentification. “Uh…Sunny, I really don’t mean to sound insensitive or anything… but you just called me Kyra.”

Hyosun pulled herself away from her friend and looked at Hana as if she was crazy, and wiped her tears on the tissue Hana had given her. “Yes…because that’s your name.” she sniffled.

Hana squinted at her friend. “No… it’s not. My name is Hana.”

“Hana? Since when?” Hyosun was getting a concerned look on her face.

“Since as long as I can remember.” This was weird.

“Kyra… were you brainwashed or something? Your name has been Kyra for as long as I’ve known you here. Moksori was the one who…” At just the mention of the girl’s name, it hit an internal switch in Hyosun which started the water works again. Hana just held her and didn’t say anything more. She didn’t know what to say and she was too busy thinking about the case of mistaken identity that just happened. The name sounded strangely familiar, but Hana couldn’t figure out why. Kyra… she thought to herself.

Bomi had come by to save the day after she heard Hyosun’s loud cries from the stairwell.  Once the distraught girl was whisked away by Bomi, Hana went back to finishing up her hair, finding out that for some reason the ceremony would be held in the basement. Once she was done she went down stairs to the first floor and was met with all the girls and vampires crowded by the stairs. The atmosphere was absolutely dreadful and solemn. Of the vampires, only Jaejoong, Junsu and Yoochun were present and dressed up nicely as usual in black suits. Yunho was absent, and Changmin was locked away. Or so she thought. He appeared from the group living room in the back of the house adjusting his tie, and began to talk the boys. As if nothing had happened.

What in the actual ?

                                  --------------------------------------------------------

So the ceremony was held in the basement for one reason and one reason only she found out. The deceased Moksori was laid out on a table. In her uniform of all things. Hyosun was beside herself and seemed to take it the hardest. Hana stayed in the back since she felt out of place being there. The thing that left her standing there in shock is when she started putting two and two together after asking herself why they were having the ceremony in the basement with an incinerator. “Oh my God…they wouldn’t. She told herself, but as usual she was proved wrong when they… to put it bluntly, chucked her body into the flames. Hana was mortified. Is this what they did to Myorin too? What a terrible way to be handled. She couldn’t help but cry a little. Here was a girl, probably younger than her with a bunch of strangers grieving over her. Maybe that wasn’t the issue, but none of her family members or friends from wherever she was from would ever know of what happened to her and it was at that moment that Hana felt the most insignificant and nonexistent in her life.

After the ‘ceremony’ was concluded, Hana was happy to get out of there. The emotions from all those around her, and the feelings she felt inside were suffocating her. She tried to rush away from the crowd to isolate herself but she heard Bomi call out to her.

“Kyra! Wait up.” That name again.  She said to herself as she turned and faced her friend.

“Yes?” she asked and noticed that Hyosun was following close behind. She looked like hell.

“I know…that had to be tough for you. Seeing how they deal with the bodies. You weren’t around for Myorin’s funeral so I know it must be shocking to see.” Hana stared over at Hyosun who was still heaving.

“I think you should worry about Sunny. She must have been close with her with how hard she’s taking it.”

“Of course she is.” Bomi said oddly and eyed the grief stricken girl, who in turn looked at Bomi. They had one of those eye conversations and Hyosun just nodded at the end of it.

“Okay so… as I was saying, of course she would be. Moksori was Hyosun’s girlfriend.”

What. The. Hell.

 

                                --------------------------------------------------------

The whole story was explained over lunch. Apparently, Moksori and Hyosun were dating for a year or so back in the states. They worked together, and one day Moksori just stopped showing up. Her boss had told her she was transferred to work elsewhere. They were apparently reunited here six months afterwards over here. The entire idea was hard for Hana to wrap her head around, but suddenly she felt really bad for some reason.

“I-I didn’t know-” She was cut off by Hyosun.

“Nobody knew and nobody needs to know. We were keeping it a secret from everyone back home, and from everyone here. Only you, Bomi and Soo Yun know.” Hyosun looked tired and lifeless. “She was my best friend, my gossip buddy and just an amazing person. I can’t believe Yunho would even…” She sighed and just laid her head down burying her head into the gap between her elbow and forearm.

This is awkward.She thought to herself. It wasn’t that she had a problem with her friend’s uality, whatever it was. It was just the fact that she was hit with a triple whammy. Star-crossed lovers­. She sighed.

Bomi patted and rubbed her friends back and she gave Hana a sad smile. “It’s okay Kyra. It’s a lot to take in.”

“Why is everyone calling me that?” she sighed.

“Calling you what?”

“Kyra.”

Bomi laughed. “Because it’s your name silly.”

Hyosun lifted her head from the table “She’s under the impression that it’s Hana. I think she’s brainwashed.”

“Really Kyra? Or is it that you’ve already chosen your new name and you just want to be known by that now?” Bomi asked, tilting her head.

“Oh… I didn’t think about that.” Hyosun mumbled.

“No. It’s been my name since I could remember.”

“Well…how far back can you remember then? Because you came here with the Name Kyra. Kyra Jenkins.”

Something clicked in her mind as she heard that and then she started flashbacking. Back to her mom scolding her for being mischievous, back to the school attendance and she was brought back to a recent memory of her signing her signature on the documents that got her here. Her name was Kyra.

“Holy .”

 

------------------

Posted: 2/29/2012

Short chapter because I actually do plan on updating again before the night is over. AND SO IT BEGINS. I am so happy that my fic has gotten 600 views and so much feedback and subscribers. I want to thank each and every one of you who has taken the time out to read this and continues to do so. You guys are my motivation and I hope I can continue to deliver. Thank you <3 Chapter 16 should be up at before midnight, but no later than 5 AM. See you all then :3