Chapter 13: A Bittersweet Welcome Home

Unwillingly Yours

 

When they reached the house, Hana reluctantly entered. She knew it would probably take another trip to the hospital for her to be outside again. The wind blew at that moment caressing her face as if it was saying goodbye. She smiled and sighed. The breeze felt good. Once she was inside everything seemed normal. However once she stepped inside with the boys in tow one of the housekeepers spotted her. She was coming from the laundry room and she immediately ducked back. “Am I back to being an alien again?” She grumbled beneath her breath.

“If you would like to refresh yourself your room has been fixed. Try to keep it that way. Also if you are going to punch glass, you’d do well to keep in mind that the peroxide is in the cabinet below the sink. As much as you would like to think none of this is your fault, you are partly to blame for having Changmin at your throat.” Jaejoong walked ahead towards the very back of the house, underneath the stairs into the large group lounge area.

“I suggest you don’t get so worked up over him. He loves to get a reaction out of you. Just go freshen up and take it easy. You have access to any of the public rooms as well as anywhere in Jaejoongs wing. Just try and stay out of trouble.” Junsu smiled at her and went to go join his friend, leaving Hana in the large foyer by herself. Or so she thought. As she walked by Changmins wing of the house to get to the spiral stairs that went directly to the third floor, she was startled by a bunch of girls just standing there and eyeing her.  She recognized Soo Yun as well as the tall chubby girl whose life she apparently saved the day she decided to explore. Hana decided she had enough of all the stares.

“Well? Is it going to be like this again? Are all of you just going to stare at me and avoid talking to me?” She made eye contact with Soo Yun. “Except for you . Don’t think I forgot about you and the other ones.” Soo Yun flipped her off and Hana did the same.

“Excuse me, pardon me.” A familiar voice said, disrupting the awkward silence, shoving her way through the crowd that had formed, Hyosun popped out in the front. “Y- You’re alive!” The girl exclaimed and practically tackled Hana to the floor. “Bomi! They weren’t lying this time she’s actually alive and here.” Bomi pushed her way to the front as well and gasped.

“Oh my goodness. She is!” Bomi hugged Hana tightly. The crowd of around fifteen girls didn’t disperse. Apparently they wanted to see what would happen, or what Hana had to say about the situation. Girls and gossip went hand in hand like that.

“So tell us what happened. Every word.” Hyosun exclaimed.

“Alright, alright I will, but can I please get some real food? I think my body is going through withdrawals from the food I had at the hospital. If anyone else is really that curious to know, I’ll be in the Dining hall.”

She said as she looked back at the crowd, and when she made her way to get her food, the crowd suddenly dispersed in a rush of running feet as girls hurried to finish their chores to hear what went down.

                                       ----------------------------------------------------------

“And that’s basically what happened.” Hana said as she munched on her Caesar Salad audibly groaning in pleasure. It was the best salad she ever tasted in her life.

The girls that were able to finish their chores moved chairs around Hana’s usual table as they listened, and there was a bunch of varied expressions and commentary. Hana paid it no mind and instead asked “So what did I miss this past week?”

Hyosun spoke up. “Actually a lot.” Hana always knew her friend would be in the know if something was going down and she couldn’t help but grin. “Right Moksori?”

Hana moved her eyes to where Hyosun was looking and saw a brown eyed blond up  when her name was called. “Oh. Um yes. Actually.” Her voice sounded familiar and she couldn’t put her finger on where she heard it before, so Hana just listened to what she had to say.

“Well Master Changmin is on lockdown and is in Isolation again in the basement.  And then there’s-” Moksori stopped in mid-sentence. Her face was filled with fear. Hana made a face and looked at where Moksori couldn’t seem to pull her eyes from. The other girls did the same and there were a collection of gasps and wide-eyed stares. Bomi then whispered to Hana finishing Moksori’s statement. “That.” What that was, was the hungry pale yellow eyes of an elusive Yunho. And he was staring straight at Moksori. That was pretty much when the conversation of a previous lunch made itself known. Yunho was here to break even with Changmin.  Was it a week already?

“Sorry to interrupt you ladies from your gathering, but Moksori could you please come with me?” Everyone’s attention switched between the two. She was shaking violently, tears seconds away from pouring out her eyes. But she got up and shakily made her way to the Tall vampire. The entire dining hall was dead with silence. The tension in the air made it hard to breathe. Someone needed to do something, but she betted any objections would result in them taking her place. Girls clasped their hands over their mouths as she passed by. Moksori could be heard softly sobbing as she made it to Yunho. “Please don’t.” she squeaked softly as her entire body shook with fear. Yunho’s aura was menacing, which made the girls want to run, but glued them to their seats at the same time.

“I’m sorry that it is you that has to suffer for your master’s short comings, however this is the unfairness of life sometimes. I promise to make it as painless as possible.” He her cheek and smiled. Instead of comforting the poor girl it made her break down crying. Her knees gave out and she collapsed to the floor sobbing loudly.

Hana wished she could do something, but then Jaejoong’s voice rand through her mind. ‘Don’t get involved with things that don’t concern you. This is between Yunho, Changmin and the deceased.’ She rolled her eyes and had to admit that he might have been right for once. Yunho speaking again startled her.

“Get up and come with me. Please.” The way he said it was more like a command rather than a request. She proceeded to get up and she did what she was told. As the twosome left, Hana realized something as she stared at the back of Moksori’s head.

“Oh no way.” She whispered loudly causing her two friend to turn their attentions to her.

“What is it?” Bomi asked?

“Is she one of Changmin’s girls?” Hana asked even if the answer was obvious.

Hyosun nodded. “Why?”

“Because that was the same girl who told me to pretend like I saw nothing when Myorin stumbled out of Changmin’s room.”

Both girls looked at Hana with wide eyes. This raised questions in Hana’s mind as Moksori looked back at the girls one last time.

Why did she tell me to pretend like I saw nothing? Was she trying to protect Changmin? Did Yunho find this out somehow and picked her because of it?Hana knew that the chances were slim, but in this house, anything was pretty much possible. It was too weird a coincidence for her to not wonder about it either.

When the doors of the dining hall shut it seemed like everyone was able to exhale. Then some of the girls started crying, and for once, the attention was off Hana. Girls were comforting others, one of which was also Changmins. She was the tall chubby one. Hyosun seemed to be hurt by it as well so Bomi and to her surprise, Soo Yun were comforting her. Others were talking about how unfair it was that this had to happen. Hana just felt the urge to leave out of there and find a spot in the house that allowed her to be alone for a while. Some people looked at her as she made her way out, but no one bothered to follow or call out to her to find out where she was going. It was someone they knew, and Hana was going to let them grieve. As she walked out into the hall she figured she would go out to the yard and sit by the lake for a while. Maybe even drown herself. As she thought this she spoke to herself in an exasperated tone. “Why is it that there is always some craziness going on in this house? I am officially positive that all the worlds drama is spawned from this house.”

As she walked through the group lounge area she noted that the large wall mounted flat screen over the fireplace was on. Of course it was a Korean channel. And it was the news. Junsu and Jaejoong weren’t in the room and she was grateful for that. She didn’t want to deal with any of them right now. She opened the glass sliding door near the fireplace and stepped outside. “I guess it wouldn’t take another trip to the infirmary to get outside. Looks like someone simply needs to die.” She rolled her eyes at herself as she stepped down the wooden deck steps and onto the soft grass of the yard and made her way to the lake front. After about two minutes of walking she found herself standing on the wooden jetty and she closed her eyes admiring the sounds of absolute tranquility. There was a slight breeze that caressed her face and she smiled. “Hello to you too.” She was talking to the wind. But she was absolutely startled as she heard a voice respond to her.

“Oh so you knew I was following you?” Jaejoongs voice came from behind her. She shock of someone speaking sent Hana tumbling into the lake with a loud scream and a hard splash.

Jaejoong rushed towards the edge wide eyed. “Oh .” He scanned the waters for Hana, and her head soon popped up, gasping in air, she thrashed about wildly. Jaejoong went from worried to hysterics as she began to curse him out in a high pitch shriek.

“Holy its freezing. God ing damnit Jaejoong what the is your problem. Stop ing laughing you !” She quickly made her way to the lake shore before crawling out, breathing heavily from the shock of the cold. She was soaked to the bone and trembling from the cold.  Jaejoong jogged back towards her and kneeled over her. “Hana I- I’m so sorry. I swear I really didn’t mean to-” She cut him off. “Save it. I am n-not g-going to even get i-into it with you r-right now. J-Just get me ins-s-s-side and to my room p-please.” As much as she would have loved to hit him, Hana was learning when to pick her battles with Jaejoong, and she was sure that looking like a wet cat with a stuttering problem and the shakes would not have the effect she was going for.”

Jaejoong tried to stifle his laughter as best as he could and he turned away from her still crouched down.  “Get on my back and I’ll carry you to your room.”

“What the hell? N-no.” She protested.

He turned back to look at her. “You know you are really in no place to argue with me from the get go right? Especially right now. So climb on.”

Hana grumbled incoherently under her breath and did as she was told. She wrapped her arms around his neck and had to resist the urge to not squeeze the life out of him, as ironic as that sounded.  He stood up, gripping her thighs as he did so, securing his hold on her. She felt her cheeks flush on their own from the feel of him grabbing onto her thighs. She interlocked her fingers with each other as her arms hung loosely over his shoulders and he began to jog briskly towards the mansion. Hana felt odd because with every bounding step he took she felt her chest bounce, so in an attempt to stop this she pressed herself tightly against his back causing him to think she was scared he was going to drop her. “Don’t worry, I’ve got you.” He reassured as they reached the deck.

“It’s not you that I’m worried about surprisingly.” She said flatly, but didn’t elaborate.

“Well I suggest that you hang on tightly, and whatever you do… Don’t. Let. Go.” He warned and before she could ask what he meant he jumped up onto the one of the vertically grooved pillars and climbed up onto the deck roof.  From there He judged the distance to one of the balconies but was distracted by the catatonic girl gripping onto him tightly with her legs and digging her nails into his chest. “Well what do you know, she knows how to listen.” He teased.

Shut up. Shut the hell up right now and just don’t talk to me.” She spoke through gritted teeth and trembled noticeably. He back up a foot or so and with a running start he jumped up, gripping on the small balcony pillars that supported the top stone guardrail, with a little effort he began to pull himself up, smiling inwardly as he heard the frightened girl’s shaken whispers as she kept asking for a higher being of any kind to ‘save her from this crazy lunatic, and ensure that she doesn’t die.’ Once he got his feet steadied between the pillar gaps, he placed one leg over and onto the ground, then the other. When they were safely onto the balcony of his room, He waited for Hana to climb down, but instead she dropped. Her legs unable to support herself.  Jaejoong stared at the wide eyed girl and chastised her. “You can fight three girls at once, back talk a vampire, and yet you’re afraid of heights?”

“Shut it. Seriously. Yes, I am afraid of heights, but not as much as I am afraid of whatever the hell you just did instead of going through the house like a normal person. Oh wait I may have over looked the fact that no one in this house is normal. So I retract that last part and switch it to a person with common sense.” She shakily stood up and Jaejoong grabbed onto her.

“Let’s get you inside.” There was a grin on his face as he said this, but he was surprised to find out that she didn’t protest against him helping her inside. Once inside he told her to wait a minute while he got a towel for her. Hana didn’t have a problem with that, except that as he said this, He began to pull his white polo off over his head and tossed it to the floor giving her a view of his very well sculpted back. Her face went red again. She never really paid much attention to his body, mostly because she couldn’t stand the guy but she found herself unable to pry her eyes away, and then she found herself staring at the way he walked. It was kind of hypnotic and the way his boxers sort of peeked over the edge of his jeans didn’t help the cause. As he disappeared into his bathroom the trance she was in did as well and shook her head vigorously, sending water droplets every which way. She turned around to look out of the glass door to confirm the fact that Jaejoong just went all Spiderman on her and scaled up three stories. Her skin broke out in goose bumps as she thought about it.

“Here you go.” He suddenly said as he walked back out the bathroom, and Hana turned around forgetting that he was still shirtless and her eyes went wide for a moment. His chest, abs and arms were sculpted and defined, and there was no body hair visible on him.  Holy y muscles batman… She thought to herself as she stared.

Jaejoong laughed at her as he easily caught her staring. “Like what you see eh?” he teased.

And just like that the moment was ruined. “It…It was just unexpected really. You don’t really look…” She couldn’t finish her sentence and instead snatched the towel from him hiding her face in it. “Forget it.” She said muffled by the towel as she began to wipe off the excess precipitation from her skin. She couldn’t get her mind back to functioning order to even think of anything to say. All she saw was his body. “Can you please put a shirt on or something?” She pleaded as she bent down to towel dry her hair. She didn’t normally do it like that but she needed to not look at him. “Isn’t it… you know like illegal or something for you to be like that in front of us?”

Jaejoong laughed. “No it isn’t actually, but since you’re so uncomfortable with it I’ll just go wait in the bathroom for you to leave. Take my towel and shirt with you when you leave and take them to the laundry rooms hamper if you’d please.” Hana bit back the urge to say something because she just wanted him out of her sight so she could function correctly for at least five minutes. When she stood back up, he was gone. Sighing for some reason she went over to the shirt, picked it up along with her shoes she had kicked off and left the room without saying a word. Huffing she walked down the hall and spoke to herself.

“Can’t I get one day? Just one day of not having to deal with him ruining everything?”  She answered herself with an aggravated ‘No’ and made her way to the stairs by her room.

Jaejoong peeked out of his room to see if she had left, even though he already knew she did.

“Is she gone?” asked the sultry voice of Jang Mi.

“All clear.” He nodded as he came back in and pinned the Burgundy haired girl up against the sink. She her lips and wrapped her arms around his neck pushing up against him. She was in a bra and a pair of shorts. Jaejoong s his arms around her waist, smirking down at her.

“C’mon Master, please don’t make me wait, bite me.” She pleaded throwing in a cute pout.

“Fine.” He huffed, getting close to her face. And watched it light up with excitement and lust. “On one condition.” He said as he leaned down to her neck, running his tongue along it slowly making Jang Mi grip on him tightly and moan softly.

 “Name it.”

“Don’t you ever go after Hana like that again.” He growled softly as he said it, his eyes going from dark to a bright golden amber in seconds.

Impatient and anticipatory Jang Mi gave him the answer he wanted to hear. “Deal.”

He then sunk his teeth into her neck making the girl moan audibly as she dug her nails into his back.

                                        ---------------------------------------------------

Hana made her way back up to the third floor without running into anyone at all. She was thankful and decided it would be best to take a nice hot shower and just take it easy in her room for the remainder of the day. When she got into her room she found that everything had been replaced and it looked like nothing had ever happened here.  Closing the door behind her she glanced over at the spot where Changmin had her pinned and instinctively touched the bite marks on her neck. Chills ran rampant throughout her body and she quickly turned her attention to getting her clothes and showering. About an hour later she emerged and began to do her hair to keep herself busy when she heard footsteps by her door. It sounded like the clicking of heels. Being nosy Hana decided to peek out the door and see who it was and scrunched her face up when she noticed it was Jang Mi who was walking down the hall with a switch in her step and a sway in her hips, and without a second thought Hana went back to doing her hair with images of Jaejoong’s body crystal clear in her mind. 

 

---------------

Posted 2/28/2012

Here is chapter 13! My story is getting close to 500 views and has new subscribers. This chapter is dedicated to Jayell for being my 10th subscriber! Thank you for reading <3 I hope you continue to do so and I also hope I can continue to keep your interest. As I mentioned in the last chapter I could like to know if  Kyra should still refer to herself as Kyra, or if she should just Drop the name and continue to refer to herself as Hana. The reason she does the latter will be explained regardless of the choice, but depending on which name she decided to stick with personally does alter the story some.

So please leave your comments on which name she should refer to herself as below.

Also please comment and subscribe if you enjoy my story, It's motivation for me to continue writng. Thanks again everyone <3 Chapter 14 will be up soon!

On another note, this isn't proofread. I normally don't proofread until after the chapter is posted. So i know for a FACT that there will be errors in it. This statement is specifically for you maddie and bri <3 love you guys.